School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

The Presidential Election In The USA..........

Started by Rad, Jul 18, 2012, 10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunyata

Some other exciting things happened as well last night.

We have the first openly gay US Senator elected, Tammy Baldwin.

We had Elizabeth Warren take back Ted Kennedy's seat from Scott Brown

Mazie Hirono, a Buddhist born in Fukushima elected to the Senate representing Hawai'i

Joe Kennedy, the great nephew of JFK, elected to the House of Reps

Alan Greyson, a fiery progressive, returns to the House of Reps

Puerto Rico votes to become a state (congress has to ratify)

Marijuana legalized in two states

Gay marriage legalized in two states

What an amazing reversal from the frightening politics of conservatism. The demographics of the US are changing so fast away from the archaic conservatism of the past. Hopefully this is the dawn of a new day in America and a precursor of whats to come in American politics.

Wendy

Hi All,

Thought to share this video from Rachel Maddox show about the election:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show#49736294

Cheers,
Wendy

glaucus

Before the election results came out,

I posted the following on facebook:

Mercury is stationary retrograde now

square Neptune in Pisces...............expect confusion

but it's trine Uranus.........expect the unexpected

Venus is in Libra and trine Jupiter.
I would say that's great for marriage equality.
I believe that gay marriage will be legalized in at least one more state.

I like the Mars in Sagittarius trine Eris in Aries........looks like acting on beliefs that are in harmony with diversity.

Sun quincunx Jupiter calls for making adjustments when it comes judgment.

Moon is in Leo which is in the sign of Obama's Sun.
hmmmmmmmm.........maybe he will feel good for a reason
at this moment, it's conjuncting his Sun

I am hoping that retrograde Jupiter in the sign of Obama's Moon, Gemini will be good for him. Jupiter is the traditional benefic.

I was looking at Barack Obama's chart.

I wonder if transiting stationary true Lunar Node conjunct Obama's Midheaven could be great for Obama. It would seem like it would be great for career and social status.

Transiting Mercury is stationary retrograde in his 10th house, but it's not a bad thing
for it is going back to an applying trine to his Mercury in 6th house, and so that would be great for
communications and work. Transiting Uranus is retrograding in his 2nd house and trining his Mercury, and so that is good for finances and communication. Actually the transiting stationary retrograde Mercury trine Uranus is in a grand trine to his Mercury. I think that's great for communications.

Transiting retrograde Jupiter is not only in the sign of Obama's Moon Gemini, but it's also sextile his Sun in Leo. This is an opportunity for expansion. This is a time for optimism. Transiting Venus is sextile his Sun too. Transiting Venus trine Jupiter is in a minor grand trine to his Sun. That's good for love and expansion.

glaucus

I couldn't help notice that transiting Pluto is conjunct USA Sibley Chart's Eris. The conjunction was 33 minute orb applying on Election Day.

That would seem to indicate facing the hard truth that Diversity is a fact of life here in USA and realizing that the changing demographics are forcing changes whether they like it or not. It could also indicate the growing discord as well as the racism that is being uncovered.

Transiting Mars was sextile Eris with 34 minute applying orb during election day, and so put more emphasis on the diversity and the issues with discord and equality.

Also keep in mind that USA Sibley chart in Right Ascension has Sun oppose Eris with only 3 minute orb which reflects a strong major theme on diversity,discord,equality.

I want to point out that currently Saturn in 4'16 Scorpio is conjuncting the Geocentric South Node of Eris in 6'30 Scorpio, opposing the Geocentric North Eris Node in 6'06 Taurus

The exact conjunction of Saturn and Geocentric South Eris Node in 5'57 Scorpio will occur on November 24, 2012
The exact opposition of Saturn and Geocentric North Eris Node in 7'02 Taurus will occur on December 5, 2012

Structure,discipline,authority in connection with collective present and past karma involving Unexpected, Unsettled Awareness as well as diversity, equality, controversy, discord as well as ideology that unites/divides leading to inclusion or exclusion

A good example is conservatives being forced to deal with the reality of diversity here in USA after the November 6, 2012 Presidential re-election of President Barack Obama who is mixed black, white.
They realize that the USA is moving away from the White Christian Male Power Structure into a Diverse People Power Structure and that it is not their father's USA. The Electorate is rapidly changing.
The Republican Party is realizing that they may have to adjust their ideology to include others that they tend to exclude. They can't win presidential elections without diversity.
It can be about letting go of extremism and becoming moderate to include the types of people that feel a sense of exclusion due to the extreme positions of the Republican Party.

Note that the Right Ascension (Equatorial Longitude) USA Sibley chart has a t-square of Saturn in 14'36 Libra square the opposition of Sun in 14'28 Cancer and Eris in 14'25 Capricorn which indicates the conservatism,structure,authority in friction with diversity leading to needing to resolve issues with equality and dealing with discord.

Transiting Saturn is
conjunct my Sun in 5'20 Scorpio in 2nd
conjunct my Ixion in 5'25 Scorpio in 2nd
conjunct my true Black Moon Lilith in 5'41 Scorpio R in 2nd
oppose my Geocentric South Eris Node in 5'29 Scorpio in 2nd
oppose my Geocentric North Eris Node in 5'30 Taurus in 8th

Therefore, it's a highly karmic time for me right now.
I am in the process of joining a Unitarian Universalist church which is mainly about diversity of beliefs.
I noticed the church that I am attending has very little ethnic diversity. Issues of being an ethnic minority may arise for me.

glaucus

I just realized something.
asteroid Lincoln was in 11 degrees of Libra on Nov 6th Election Day, and so Venus was conjunct it within 1 degree.

Abraham Lincoln was the president of the United States during the Civil War.
He was known for freeing the slaves and being assassinated.
Abraham Lincoln was a Republican.
The Republican Party and the Democratic Party are different now with the Democratic Party being more progressive.

There have been comparisons with Barack Obama and Abraham Lincoln.
President Obama swore on Lincoln's bible when he was inaugurated.

The movie, Lincoln was just released yesterday.

Steven

Glaucus, thanks for your posts here. The asteroids add an amazing amount of data, and I find the transiting conjunction of Venus and Lincoln to be highly interesting, to say the least. 

Rad

Steve and Glaucus,

The natal asteroid Lincoln for Obama is 29 Cap which is then conjunct Obama's Saturn and Jupiter. The N.Node of Lincoln for Obama conjuncts his natal Gemini Moon in his 4th. The S.Node of Lincoln in Obama's chart conjuncts his S.Node of Mars in Libra in his 8th, and his N.Node of Chiron.

God Bless, Rad