School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

MC square Nodal Axis

Started by Linda, Aug 23, 2009, 05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

Hi Steve and everyone,

Have come across a few charts where the MC squares the Nodal Axis.  

In the Pluto dynamic, can the MC (or even AC or any other angle) be included in a reading together with the missed steps?  

And if so, how would this generally be interpreted if say, the Nodal Axis lay across the 1st/7th houses?

I have never incorporated points or angles in a Pluto reading, just planets.

Would appreciate hearing what you think.

Thanks!
Linda

Rad

Hi Linda,
When the nodal axis squares the I.C./ M.C this does not correlate to skipped steps.

Rad

Linda

Solastro

Hi Linda,

Meanwhile here is what Steve Forrest has to say about the MC/IC in Hard Aspect to the Nodal Axis from 'Yesterday's Sky, Astrology & Re-Incarnation'...

The Affliction: The MC/IC axis can be best understood, like the Asc/Desc, as one integrated symbol. It represents the polarity of the inner world vs the outer world. This manifests as the tension between the needs of one's public life & the needs of one's 'family,' (however we define that!) It includes the idea of the argument between public responsibility & the inward drive toward reflection, simplicity, privacy & Self-care. With the Nodes square this axis, in a prior life one was afflicted with this dilemma. To learn which side carried the most weight, consider the nature of the Sth Node - in which dircton does it piont? Toward domesticity? Toward public responsibility?

Meridian in Soft Aspect the the Nodal Axis.
As a set of circumstances, the MC/IC Axis suggests unresolved karma regarding the balancing of home-life versus career, personal versus public responsibility etc.. Since the aspect here is harmonious, it is a strong indicator that whatever prior life form this imbalance took, we were not challenged or confronted about it. If the rest of the Nodal story sugggests family or relationship themes, we probably sacrificed career. & vice versa..

So what does your chart tell you in relation to these questions?

Interestingly my parents have exactly opposite Nodes.. Leo/Aqu.. running exactly through my natal MC/IC.. & I have felt under great stress from both of them in regard to my private life & public role etc.. I have Nth Node Gem/2nd.. balsamic conj Sth Node ruler.. Ruler of NN, Mercury in Taurus 1st.. curiosity.. writing.. stories.. the hands (Reiki I).. in natural Aries house.. late Aries Asc.. culminating degree.. Pluto-Uranus in Virgo/5th.. Mars conj new phase.. Aries phase whole new beginning.. most of my planets are also below horizon.. lots of skipped steps.. 'mutable grand cross'.. indicating a lot of trauma!!! Past lives.. So is my iuntent to leave the trauma behind & heal myself.. & maybe help others? Saturn-Chiron in Pisces.. in 11th.. 9th house Cap Moon.. sitting on mountain tops in monasteries etc perhps.. (Sag Sth Node/8th).. the gypsy.. or crusader, Moon also late degree.. culminating... also trine Taurus Sun, 29deg, culminating degree once again.. 2nd house of Self-reliance... I have found myself withdrawing more & more from the world,, while still have to do at least some part time work to study, write whatever.. & my blog, http://www.whatsitallmeanthen.blogspot.com/...

Cheers
Darrell...

Linda

Solastro,

So other astrologers recognise the Nodes square the Angles, but the Nodal story needs to be supported by other aspects.

Thanks for letting me know.

ari moshe

hey rad,
why do angular squares to the nodes not correlate to skipped steps?

what's the ea perspective on planetary nodes squaring lunar nodes? thanks

Rad

Ari,

Quote from: ari moshe on Aug 29, 2009, 04:47 PM
hey rad,
why do angular squares to the nodes not correlate to skipped steps?

The M.C, I.C, Asc, and Dsc are CURRENT LIFE SYMBOLS DETERMINE BY THE MOMENT OF BIRTH. that all correlate to the current evolutionary intentions of the Soul. Thus, when the Nodes square the any of these points, there is a specific evolutionary reason for that. And if those reasons are not fulfilled THEN it will correlate to SKIPPED STEPS IN THE NEXT LIFE. So, for example, if this were the Nodes squaring the M.C, I.C axis this could show up in the next life as the Nodes squaring Saturn and/ or the Moon.

what's the ea perspective on planetary nodes squaring lunar nodes? thanks

The perspective is the same as when the Nodes square a natal planet: skipped steps that are linked by the nature of the nodes that are square.

Rad

ari moshe

fascinating! thank you.

QuoteThus, when the Nodes square the any of these points, there is a specific evolutionary reason for that.
so what im getting is it's based on a fundamental comprehension of what an angle is, vs what a planet is. an angle is specifically earth related- it's earth (current incarnation) as it meets the process of evolution (ecliptic). whereas planets symbolize evolving forces- representing entire functions of consciousness.

if the nodes are squaring any angle, we can only understand WHY that is happening by relating it to the evolutionary signatures of a chart- meaning it is a brand new current life signature chosen for a particular evolutionary reason. it is not however an implication of any particular past life dynamics- thus there is no skipped step karma associated with it. Do i understand this correctly?

Rad

Ari,
Yes, you have it exactly right !

Rad

ari moshe

Hi Rad,

I've been thinking about angular squares to the nodes and its past life implications. While it does not imply skipped steps, it must have a past life dynamic implied within it (something must have existed prior to this life that has lead to the current life angular square to the nodes - otherwise, my question is where did it come from? What has necessitated it in the first place?) I want to share this here and see if I am understanding this correctly:

Prior to this life the stage has been set for the soul to acheive the particular evolutionary intention as implied by the angular square to the nodes. This would have a resonance with various past life dynamics that have existed with the purposes of setting up the current life with a specific evolutionary purpose. This is very different than a skipped step signature (planets or nodes squaring the lunar nodes) which literally implies an unresolved emotional dynamic that the soul has not resolved already prior to this life.

An example would be a soul who has been preparing for political involvement in various lifetimes, and then has the MC/IC axis square the nodes in the current life. The evolutionary necessity would be to take the appropriate steps forward - this would require focused intent and choice making throughout the soul's life. If this work is not embraced, then that would naturally lead to a skipped step in a future life.

Obama is such an example. His mc-ic axis is square his nodes. Taking the MC as an example, it is integrated through the north node. This would imply that prior to this life this soul has set the stage for the current life evolutionary intention to be accessed by way of integration with his MC and furthermore that the current life was created to support that particular set up.

Thank you, God bless,
Ari Moshe

Rad

Hi Ari,

Everything you said is correct except when you example Obama because he has more in his chart beyond those symbols. His Moon is square his Nodal axis and in his 4th, and is square Pluto which is the ruler of his 10th. This Moon is also square his natal Uranus in his 7th where that Uranus is the ruler of that S.Node. This are of course the symbols, among others, that correlate to the fact that his Soul has already actualized his political role prior to the current life, and that role lead to his sudden death. That sudden death then  correlates to the 'skipped steps' of not being able to complete that role, which he is currently doing in the life being lived now.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Thank you so much Rad.

I want to use myself as an example here as I feel that I am receiving info about this that I would like to gain clarity on.

I asked for clarity about my own ac-dc squaring the nodes and then dreamed that I was pretending to be a doctor, attesting knowledge and skill that I didn't actually posses. When it came to actually operating on someone I realized that I didn't know what I was doing, what to do with the various instruments, and that I was just being self convincing the whole time. In the dream I failed to admit that I was lying, although an inner crisis and guilt was beginning to grow in me.

My sn is in Sag in the 3rd, nn in Gemini in the 9th squaring the Virgo AC and the Pisces DC. Both rulers Mercury and Jupiter are conj Neptune in Sag in the 4th also squaring the AC DC axis.

My question is can angle's squaring the nodes still imply karmic dynamics that are unresolved, not skipped steps, but rather something that hasn't yet been addressed and that the current life has been created to deal with?

From what I sense from this dream, the lesson of my own ac-dc squaring the nodes points to a past pattern of having been dishonest about myself, failing to demonstrate that which I attested to be. The nature of my current life strong self criticism (Virgo) is based on the evolutionary intention to be accurate and more honest with my words (nodes Gem/Sag) where I have otherwise exaggerated and lacked attention to detail in the past. There's a lot more than that, but this isn't the place. I just wanted to offer a basic interpretation for the sake of gaining more clarity about this. Is this an accurate understanding of that signature?

God bless,
Ari Moshe

Rad

Hi Ari,

With your S.Node in Sagittarius in the 3rd, N.Node in Gemini in the 9th, and both rulers in Sagittarius in your 4th, this ongoing evolutionary and karmic issue of absolute honesty at all costs to counteract lives of lying, misrepresentation, exaggeration, even making yourself actually 'believe' in your own lies to the point where the lies became your truth, has been in place for many lives now. It is not new. With your Ascendent and Descendent both squaring your Nodal Axis this means, as you have correctly understood it, that it is this life that your Soul is making a choice to deal with this once and for all. These symbols mean that your Soul desires to bring to the forefront of your consciousness this very issue of long standing in this life. And to make choices to that lead to being as honest as you can be at all times, and then letting the chips fall where they may. The underlying teaching is that honesty may hurt at times but it will always lead to exactly the right situation, the right resolution of any situation within or without. 

And, if you don't do this, then, yes, it will become the basis of skipped step next time around.

God Bless, Rad