School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

THE INCREDIBLE STORY OF RED DOG: FOR ALL ANIMAL AND DOG PEOPLE .. DAEMONS.

Started by Rad, Dec 29, 2012, 09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad

Hi All,

I recently saw a movie called "Red Dog" which is based a a true life story from Western Australia. This story is so remarkable that I just felt the desire to share it will all of us here. Here is a summary of the movie from Wikipedia.

Truck driver Thomas (Luke Ford) arrives in Dampier, Western Australia, late one night. Upon entering the town pub he sees the silhouettes of a group of men, one of whom is holding a gun. Believing he is witnessing a murder he rushes into the next room, where he sees that the men are trying to put down an apparently sick dog (Koko). Unable to bring themselves to carry out the euthanasia, the men, with Thomas, retreat to the bar.

Publican Jack Collins (Noah Taylor) tells him the dog's name is Red Dog and narrates his story. Upon arriving in Dampier, the dog befriends many of the employees of Hamersley Iron, who have a major iron ore excavation in progress. Various miners relate their stories of Red Dog to Thomas, but state that, while Red Dog was a dog for everyone, he had no real master.

The men then tell of an American named John Grant (Josh Lucas), who became Red's true master. John, a bus driver for Hamersley Iron, starts dating a woman named Nancy (Rachael Taylor), who is a secretary at Hamersley Iron. After living in Dampier for two years, John proposes to Nancy. On the night of the engagement, John tells Red Dog to stay until he returns from Nancy's caravan. Early the next morning, John rides his motorcycle from Nancy's caravan, but is killed in an accident on the way home.

In the shock of John's accident, Nancy and the Hamersley men forget about Red Dog. Three days after the funeral, they find him still waiting where John told him to stay. After three weeks Red decides to look for John, first at Hamersley Iron, then the bar and other places where John was known to go, until all of Dampier is explored. He then continues across much of the Australian North West Pilbara region from Perth to Darwin. He is even rumoured to have caught a ship to Japan in search of John. Finally, the grief catches up to him, and he decides to return to Dampier. When he arrives, he returns to Nancy at the caravan park where she is staying, and she is overwhelmed to see him. The caretakers of the caravan park, however, do not allow dogs in the park, and threaten to shoot Red Dog. Nancy and John's friends at Hamersley then travel to the community of Dampier in support of Red Dog and, after a "civilised chat" with some of the miners, the caretaker and his wife leave, leaving their cat, Red Cat, behind. A great fight between Red Dog and Red Cat ensues, and in the end, they resolve their differences and become mates.

Back in the present day, miner Jocko (Rohan Nichol) asks the gathered crowd why they should have a statue of a man (William Dampier) set in their town when all he did in relation to the place was say that there were too many flies, and suggests that they should instead erect a statue of someone who represents the town - Red Dog. During the celebrations that follow, Red Dog gets up and walks out of the bar, unnoticed by everyone. Upon realising that the sick dog has left, everyone in the town begins looking for him, eventually finding him lying dead in front of John's grave.

One year later, Thomas once again drives up to Dampier with a new puppy, a new Red Dog and the whole town unveils a statue of Red Dog, a statue which still stands today.

This movie can be rented from many places around the world, and for those who are Daemon Souls, our just plain animal lovers, I can not recommend this movie more.

Here is a link to a trailer for this movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTExiWzvJlo

Here is a link to Red Dog Movie.com: http://www.reddogmovie.com/

Simply wanted to share this incredible story.

God Bless, Rad

Stacie

Thanks for sharing Rad, very sweet film.  (Though, ouch!..my grieving chiron utterly felt that one!)  Well worth seeing, great spirit within it :-)

Thanks again,
Stacie

Stacie

Out of curiosity Rad, what are your thoughts on the film 'Avatar'?  I can't watch that movie without a big box of kleenex because each and every time I see it, I am struck with howling emotions of 'homesickness'. Curious phenomenon..just happens of itself.. :-)

Stacie

Stacie

Anyhow, just picking back up on this.. I would invite anyone who is interested in daemon reality and has not yet seen the film Avatar, to definitely, absolutely, check it out.  The job it does conveying the *essence* of daemon reality is simply masterful.  Few films reach straight into my core like this one did.  Anyway hope you don't mind me saying all that, Rad.  I know this was about Red Dog, but since we were on the subject of daemon-inspired film I had to share one too  ;)

God Bless,
Stacie

Rad

Hi Stacie,

Just fine to do. And of course totally agree about the daemon nature of the Avatars. What an incredible movie.

God Bless, Rad