Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Books for the bereaved  (Read 555 times)
Stacie

« on: Jan 11, 2013, 08:39 AM »

Rad,

I have a friend who's mother passed unexpectedley a few months ago.  She is finding it hard to process her grief, and granted these things take time, but I had the idea that perhaps there is a book or some other reading material exists that might be helpful for her in terms of making sense and finding relative peace with the difficult event.  I feel that she might find comfort in reading something that can help her understand what consciousness experiences after the body dies, and what occurs in an emotionally bonded relationship when  physical separation occurs through the death of one partner. Are there any particular recommendations that come to mind that cover this subject accurately and might provide comfort for someone grieving the loss of a loved one?  Any recommendations others may have are welcomed as well.

Thank you,
Stacie
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2013, 09:13 AM »

Hi Stacie,

An excellent book for this is  On Death and Dying by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross. Of course Yogananda also explained in many of his teachings the actual transition from physical death of the body of the astral realm of the Soul. In his autobiography there is a chapter too on the 'resurrection' of his own guru Yukestwar which could not be more graphic in actual detail. I also remember a chapter in Yukestwar's book "The Holy Science" where he describes step by step the transition of the Soul from physical death to the Astral Plane.

God Bless, Rad
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2013, 09:53 AM by Rad » Logged
Stacie

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2013, 10:22 AM »

Thank you so much Rad.  Yes, Autobiography did come to mind and I will certainly be picking that up for her, in addition to the book you've just suggested.  Thank you again.

God Bless,
Stacie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: