School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Creating skipped steps in the current life...

Started by Shawn Rollins, Jan 18, 2013, 08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn Rollins

Hello fellow EA'ers! 
  My name is Shawn.  I'm new to this board and just started watching part one of Jeff's video course.  (LOVE IT!)

While contemplating the skipped steps part of EA, I was wondering if anyone has personally experienced their own creation of a skipped step. Or maybe you have a client or just someone who's chart you read that suggested, from the person's current actions, that they are indeed creating a skipped step to be dealt with in the next life.  OR, maybe you saw that possibility and counseled them on how NOT to stay on course because they were creating difficulties for the next life.

I ask because I think I myself may have created a skipped step in this lifetime.

Oh, just for the sake of sharing, my birthdata is 3/10/66 12:26 PM, Rochester, NY.  MANY Pluto aspects.  (Involved in a T-cross)

Kristin

Hi Shawn,

This is a good question and one I have personally not heard asked in all the years of doing this work, the question about recognizing someone creating a skipped step . So many clients that I see have skipped steps already that they are working through, as do I..

I realize you do not have any skipped steps but your Pluto/Uranus is opposing Saturn which can create a resistance or a delay in actualizing what you came here to do and a fear of survival if you do follow the deeper pull of the Soul. There are strong hiding signatures as well as compensation as Saturn/Chiron in Pisces oppose your Pluto/Uranus. Also Jupiter in your 12th makes a T-square here which suggests a wounding so deep when you did express what was natural. Jupiter is also sesquisquare Venus sin Aquarius in your 8th, which is the ruler of your North Node so this can create a freeze. Any motion toward that North Node can create a short circuit in the Soul. There is great unresolved trauma, Pluto rx conjunct Uranus rx perhaps getting 'caught' by certain authority figures who did not align with your voice, beliefs, ways in the world which may very well have led to your death. Expressing your unique individuality becomes a life or death feeling due to when this occurred before there was harsh judgements and persecutions for simply trying to be you,,naturally you. I am just assuming you are feeling your creating a skipped step is linked to doing you right work..

One of the board rules is to not do personal charts..there are exceptions but I thought this was a good question..(hope this is ok Rad) What feels like a skipped step can be seen in other signatures at times.

Anytime a Soul is embracing the next phase of their evolutionary journey by moving toward their Pluto polarity point and North Node..the risk will always be there for a skipped step to be created...depending on how the world responded to those steps and then how the Soul is affected by the response.

Rad - have you ever experienced this? Observing someone creating a skipped step? Would you be able to offer a simple example.

Peace,
Kristin

Shawn Rollins

Hey Kristin,
   Thanks so much for replying.  The question came up to me because of hearing all of Jeff Green's dialogue about skipped steps and I want to make sure I'm not creating them in this life.  I actually think I may have.  I'll email you my thoughts and see what you think.

The info about Pluto/Uranus opposite Saturn is spot on, but you have my chart calculated incorrectly, so the house info is inaccurate.  (I'll email you)   

As for doing personal charts here, I do realize this is not the forum for that.  I just had to relate the question to my chart because the question relates to me personally. 

Since it's a rare question/issue, maybe this is an area where there can be some focus?  If you can recognize someone acting in a way that may indeed indicate a future life skipped step to be dealt with, maybe you could bring that awareness to the person and save them the trouble? }:o)

Steve

Hi Shawn

To add to what Kristin stated, skipped steps are the result of decisions made (or not made, which is just another form of making a decision, to decide to not do what was intended to be done, which choice is typically justified by large numbers of rational and logical sounding reasons that in actuality are just masking over what is actually going on).

I agree with Kristin that I've never heard this question before, and I feel it indicates a Soul that is looking at itself.  My thought on reading what you wrote was, well if someone sees that they may be forming a future skipped step, its possible to take it to the next step and objectify what is necessary to prevent the necessity of a future skipped step from even occurring, by making the changes NOW that would otherwise be required later to resolve the skipped step.

Resolving a skipped step requires changes in behavior, attitude, beliefs, etc. to resolve.  But it doesn't have to go to that extreme.  Most of us don't change a lot until we are forced to, by things such as skipped steps.  Much of the beauty of EA is it helps us objectify our reality.  If you can see that what you are doing is potentially creating a future skipped step, it then becomes wise to start making changes NOW that will begin breaking those patterns up, changing them, which potentially can even eliminate the necessity of that future skipped step.  After all, they are only a reflection of a part of our own inner consciousness.  If I change that consciousness then I break up the inner knots that create a skipped step.  Thus I am not going to have a future skipped step because that is not what my inner consciousness will look like, so no skipped step will be reflecting that.  The primary purpose of a skipped step is to force an issue.  If I resolve the issue before a skipped step appears, there is no need for it.

Kristin stated you have Saturn on your Pluto/Uranus polarity point - this would be an important evolutionary lesson for your Soul - to deeply realize that it and it alone is responsible for the reality it has been experiencing, vs projecting ( the opposition) responsibility for the life experiences onto the external characters and events it finds in the life.  To emotionally realize they are the effect, not the cause.  To thus progressively purge victimization from the Soul by taking   responsibility for the reality it creates. To ask questions like "Why have I been creating it the way I have?", and "What do I have to do, face, examine, to get to the root of this, to see how I can start breaking old patterns and forming new ones?".  In that way the necessity of a future life skipped step can be reduced or possibly even eliminated.
take care Shawn
Steve

Shawn Rollins

Hello Steve,
   Thanks for all that.  And you're right, the question shows I am absolutely looking at myself.  (But also in doing so and gaining insight, I felt like the issue could be brought up to help others.  I am constantly looking to myself, self examining and self-assessing and so on. 

The great news is that as I have grown and matured in life, I have been indeed doing what you suggested I should, based on that Saturn placement.  Early in life I did NOT.  I couldn't see that I (by my actions) was the root cause of my own situation(s).  I can now.  In fact, you mention removing the victimization mentality and I have done this so much that when I see it in others, I utterly detest it. 

As for the future skipped step, it was from behavior from my past (20 yrs ago).  I refused to face an issue, (Neptune in 5th near SN) and instead started working on NN issues, but not completing them either.  So my thought was, (hearing all the talk about doing half of one node and half the other), was I actually creating a skipped step to be dealt with in the next life...?

Anyway, I don't want to get bogged down with my own personal issues here.  Just wanted to start a discussion on this type of thing and get the experts' viewpoints.  }:o)   

Linda

Quote from: Steve on Jan 19, 2013, 01:19 PM
Kristin stated you have Saturn on your Pluto/Uranus polarity point - this would be an important evolutionary lesson for your Soul - to deeply realize that it and it alone is responsible for the reality it has been experiencing, vs projecting ( the opposition) responsibility for the life experiences onto the external characters and events it finds in the life.  To emotionally realize they are the effect, not the cause.  To thus progressively purge victimization from the Soul by taking responsibility for the reality it creates. To ask questions like "Why have I been creating it the way I have?", and "What do I have to do, face, examine, to get to the root of this, to see how I can start breaking old patterns and forming new ones?".  In that way the necessity of a future life skipped step can be reduced or possibly even eliminated.
take care Shawn

Hi Steve,

Your above quote affirms insights during this time of Saturn in Scorpio in mutual reception with Pluto in Capricorn. There is certainly a DEEP inner penetrating focus taking place (Scorpio) that will allow one to objectively view the structures (Saturn) that have been built that require rebuilding and metamorphosis. One example, is the authorities that one may look up to out of fear, and the disillusionment that one may experience when the responsibility is put back onto one's own self thus building self-authority.

Hi Kristin,

Thank you for speaking about the Saturn opposition to Pluto/Uranus in Shawn's chart. It made me realize that Saturn, because of fear, can restrict dynamics that are trying to happen. I feel it is good to break through that crystallization, and one way is by allowing the emotions to flow (water trinity Cancer-Scorpio-Pisces) so that metamorphosis can occur .... because Saturn is now in water sign Scorpio.

Hi Shawn,

Interesting 'first time' question you have asked. While waiting for Rad's reply, and reading what Kristin and Steve had to say, I wanted to share what I have learned regarding how a Soul can "get close" to creating a skipped step. This can be seen in the chart by way of a planet just outside of orb of a square to the Nodes.  

For example, if the Nodes are, say, 20 deg Leo-Aquarius, a planet at 5 deg Scorpio would be "approaching" a square to the Nodes. It is out of orb of an exact square, but applying to the area where it will mean the development of skipped steps in the future. Through this aspect the Soul has knowledge that it is in danger of creating skipped steps in the issues of Leo-Aquarius-Scorpio. Through this objective awareness one can create an intention to start working on it straight away.

Here's an extract from the EA Glossary that may help:

Planet (applying) just outside of orb of a square to the Nodes
The potential development of a skipped step in the future. (Rad)

Planet (separating) just outside of orb of a square to the Nodes
It means that the Soul has just finished recovering the skipped steps. (Rad)

Love,
Linda

Kristin

HI Shawn,

I had the birth time incorrect when I first spoke about your chart..but made revisions..

Also wanting to add here that even though Pluto Rx/Uranus RX in the 3rd are opposing your Saturn/Chiron in Pisces and this does create a true resistance/fear to express your true uninhibited self due to an unconscious fear linked with other lives. Jeffrey reminded me time and time again as I share this EXACT signature that the opposition is also AN OPPORTUNITY TO THROW SOMETHING OFF FROM THE PAST.Over time, Saturn, and with pure determination, Saturn, you will.

Feels like the time is now!

Peace & welcome Aboard,
Kristin

ari moshe

Hi Shawn, also want to reply that there are another 2 astrological configurations imply that possibility for a skipped step in a future life, I and most everyone here have seen this many times.

They are when the Sun squares the nodes and when the angles (ac dc, or mc id) square the nodes. Let me know if you'd like me to post from the glossary what has been previously said about that here.
With love, am

Shawn Rollins

Lots of wonderful information here.  About the 'potential' for the creation of skipped steps...VERY interesting.  While I don't have NATAL planets that are 'just out of orb' from squaring the nodes, I DID have a progressed Venus square to my nodes (EXACT) when this stuff happened. 

So, I'm what I'm now wondering is if one of the keys to finding potentiality for creating skipped steps in the current life lies in looking at progressions and/or solar returns or maybe even transits that square the nodal axis?  Mine, at first glance is a perfect example.

This material is so amazing, that I am constantly being blown away by the connections.  I know this stuff is going to finally bring DEEP DEEP clarity to my chart and my life.  I can't wait to dig more into it all.  I have yet to fully delineate my chart based on EA.  I have many pieces, but don't have a full picture as of yet. It's very eye opening.  Just wish I did this 10 years ago...(Saturn definitely was at work with the fears and delays and whatnot) but hey...it is what it is, right? 
And Kristin is right...The time is NOW.  };o)

Oh, I just reread Kristin's edit.  Makes a lot of sense, especially since I utterly detest authority in any form...mainly religious "authority".  Definite possibility of being persecuted.  In this life, I have had my fair share of intense confrontations with religious nut cases that tell me I'm actually EVIL for doing Astrology.

As for the skipped steps, I was actually referring to another issue, but now that you mention it, (you just verbalized something I have had in my head, but had not expressed outwardly 'til this moment.)  I AM definitely concerned with not doing what I was meant to do, what I have to offer people.  I believe I have a true knack for astrology, and it gave me such fulfillment when I was doing it, but I let it go years ago, and yes, I felt totally STUCK.  Some of the 'being stuck' part was being in a such a state of despair that I turned my back on everything.  F* it all was my mindset.  And now, 10 years later I feel like I wasted so much time that I could have been a fully practicing EA'r by now. 

The compulsion to finally do what I SHOULD be doing hit me last year when I won the scholarship to the EA conference.  (Thanks Steve for pulling my name out of the hat!)  I thought...THIS is it.  The door was opened for me and I walked through it.  SO a little late, yes but it's never too late...right?  }:o)

Steve

It's NEVER "too late", because sooner or later we have to do it - some life, some place, some time.  So as we realize that more and more, the thought arises "Since we have to do it sooner or later, why not sooner?". 

Really, we have every opportunity right up to our last breath in (hopefully) old age, to change.  No one is EVER too old to change, people only use that as an excuse to stay the same. 

No matter what we have done or not done in the past, somewhere, some place, some time we have to change.  And we can CHOOSE to make that place and time "NOW".  Or not.

Shawn Rollins

Hi Steve,
   Agreed.  Never too late. 

Side thought: How's this for a general perspective on the nodes:  Planets, by transit, progression, or solar returns[/b] that square the nodes can represent evolutionary forks in the road. How people react to the events signified by the square, can either lead to future growth (evolution) or to stagnation (skipped steps).

Skywalker

Hi Shawn and everyone,

I have the Sun in the 5th square the nodes in the 2nd and 8th. What I can share is that I feel a certain flip flopping between the north node in the second and the s.node in the 8th. I feel there is a need to consciously actualize the N.node in Virgo but also some resistance to making the effort. With the Sun square the nodes I feel there is the need or desire to do things "my way". The resistance may also be augmented by the fixed nature of the Sun in Scorpio and the fixed houses involved, in my case.

There is also insecurity relative to developing the N.node, which seems to be connected to the Scorpio Sun but also to the Virgo N.node, the S.node being in the 8th and Pluto itself being in the 4th.

Are there any rules or mitigating factors when there is a planet conjunct one or both of the nodes in the case of the Sun being square the nodes, relative to the creation of skipped steps?

For example: would a planet conjunct the S.node and square the Sun, create a relive, fruition or combo of both situations, in which the past, as symbolized by the planet conjunct the s.node, would need to be relived, integrated and creatively actualized in a conscious way, via the Sun´s natal position, and the North node, as a way to avoid the creation of a skipped step? I hope that made sense!

In my case, Mars and Jupiter are conjunct the N.node, there is much emphasis on the N.node qualities being developed and, are certainly creatively actualized via the Sun in a conscious way, even thou there is resistance to totally committing to the N.node lessons and a desire to develop the n.node "my way".

www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more

Rad

Hi Shawn,

"Side thought: How's this for a general perspective on the nodes:  Planets, by transit, progression, or solar returns[/b] that square the nodes can represent evolutionary forks in the road. How people react to the events signified by the square, can either lead to future growth (evolution) or to stagnation (skipped steps)."

This is exactly what JWG taught.

God Bless, Rad

Linda

Quote from: Skywalker on Jan 21, 2013, 06:09 AM
I have the Sun in the 5th square the nodes in the 2nd and 8th. What I can share is that I feel a certain flip flopping between the north node in the second and the s.node in the 8th. I feel there is a need to consciously actualize the N.node in Virgo but also some resistance to making the effort. With the Sun square the nodes I feel there is the need or desire to do things "my way". The resistance may also be augmented by the fixed nature of the Sun in Scorpio and the fixed houses involved, in my case.

Hi Skywalker,

Sun square Nodes does not correlate to "˜skipped steps,' but to prior lives dynamics which have created an imbalance between the South and North Node archetypes, which the Soul needs to address in the current lifetime, in order not to create the situation of "˜skipped steps.' (Gonzalo)

You need to look at Neptune, ruler of SN Pisces, and Mercury, ruler of NN Virgo, and the aspects to those two planets:

The said prior lives would be symbolized via the location of the planetary rulers of each of the Nodes, and the aspects to those two specific planets from other planets. In total this imbalance needs to be given a current life purpose, Sun, in order to make the choices leading to a balancing of those existing imbalances so that they do not become "˜skipped steps' in the life(s) following the current life. (Rad)

Hope this helps.

Linda

Linda

Quote from: Skywalker on Jan 21, 2013, 06:09 AM
Are there any rules or mitigating factors when there is a planet conjunct one or both of the nodes in the case of the Sun being square the nodes, relative to the creation of skipped steps?

For example: would a planet conjunct the S.node and square the Sun, create a relive, fruition or combo of both situations, in which the past, as symbolized by the planet conjunct the s.node, would need to be relived, integrated and creatively actualized in a conscious way, via the Sun´s natal position, and the North node, as a way to avoid the creation of a skipped step? I hope that made sense!

In my case, Mars and Jupiter are conjunct the N.node, there is much emphasis on the N.node qualities being developed and, are certainly creatively actualized via the Sun in a conscious way, even thou there is resistance to totally committing to the N.node lessons and a desire to develop the n.node "my way".

Hi Skywalker,

Sun square Nodes (possible creation of skipped step)
-  with planet on South Node?
-  with planet on North Node?

As a general rule any planet on the South Node falls into three possible conditions:

-  re-live/being stuck,
-  fruition/natural resource,
-  or combination of both.

With a planet on the North Node, movement towards the North Node has already been underway.

You would need to view the Sun square Nodes as a "possibility" of leading to a skipped step, therefore there is no "resolution node" at this stage.

Could anyone please confirm the above, or add more to this dynamic?

Thanks and Blessings,

Linda