ORB Sizing

(1/4) > >>

stephen:
Hi All,

The following orb-related information was drawn from the Archived EA Message Board.  I have a few questions about orbs (referencing this information), and so I posted those questions in the next post after this one, just in case anyone has any further information about this issue which can answer those questions.

Blessings,
Stephen

general orbs:
  conjunction   10 degrees
  opposition   10 degrees
  quincunx   5 degrees
  quintile   3 degrees
  sesquiquadrate   5 degrees
  semi-sexitile   3 degrees
  semi-square   3 degrees
  septile   2 degrees
  sextile   4 degrees
  square   10 degrees
  trine   10 degrees
[13-Jul-1999]

aspects like:
  biseptile   2 degrees
  quintile   3 degrees
  novile   2 degrees
  semi-sextile   3 degrees
  sesquiquadrate   3 degrees
  septile   2 degrees
[February 15, 2002]

Q: About orbs:  When you say you use a ten degree orb for conjunctions, oppositions, squares and trines, do you mean ten degrees applying and ten degrees separating (totalling twenty).
  Jeffrey:  Yes.
  Q: Or do you mean five applying and five separating?
  Jeffrey:  No
  Q: This is a big difference.  Is the orb the total of the applying and separating degrees, or just one or the other?
  Jeffrey:  Both.
[April 07, 2002]

Use an orb of ten degrees for a skipped step…
[February 25, 2002]

For Transiting Nodes, use a 5 degree orb, like other transits.
[31-Jan-1999]

Use the same orbs with planetary nodes as you do with planets.
[March 05, 2002]

Q: Do you use the same orbs for aspects with asteroids as you do with planets?
  Jeffrey:  This is something I am still observing and correlating, and have only been dealing with the asteroids myself for maybe four or five years so have not really come to firm conclusions as the the orbs.  To this point I am seeing that maybe 5 to 6 degrees relative to major aspects seems to apply…
[February 19, 2002]

The orbs simply correlate to how long a person has been working on any given issue, i.e. ten degree relative to a square would mean that this would be the first lifetime for a person to work on whatever the two planets/archetypes/dynamics are.  Conversely, for example, those same two planets could be in a 6 degree orb relative to the square, and this then suggests, in evolutionary terms, that the person has already been working on those evolutionary issues prior to the current life for at least several lifetimes.  As such it is not ‘new’ to the person, there would be previous experience, and thus the orientation, and behavior, would be different than the person who had the ten degree orb.
[March 22, 2002]

Q:  Planets that square the nodes:  Given the fact that we allow for a ten degree orb, is there any significance to the orb being towards the end of the ten degree allowance?  For instance, would the issues represented by say Uranus at 7-10 degrees be less acute for say someone with a 3-6 degree orb?  Further, since the planet is at the later degrees, would this be symbolic of a soul that has avoided the skipped step over several lifetimes?
  Jeffrey:  In those outer degrees, the correlation means that the Soul is giving itself the INITIAL opportunity to address and resolve what the skipped steps have been. As the degrees become closer to exact, this correlates to the fact that previous to those closer degrees the Soul has resisted the opportunity to resolve those skipped step issues.  Thus, the closer degrees create a condition relative to the previous resistance wherein the nature of the skipped steps become ever more intense and focused, apparent, in the individual’s life with the resulting intensity therein.  So, the outer degrees correlate to the opportunity to resolve those skipped steps without the increasing compression that the resistance breeds to the necessity of resolving those skipped steps.  It is all relative because of the natural law of free will/free choice…
[July 16, 2001]

stephen:
Hi Again,

So, my questions are listed below, if anyone is able to help me with these details.

Thanks very much.

Blessings,
Stephen

1) What is the orb for the Bi-Quintile  (144/216 degrees)?
     Is it the same as the Quintile at 72 degrees?  (orb: 3 degrees)
2) What is the orb for the Tri-Septile (154/206 degrees)?
     Is it the same as the Septile at 51 25' degrees?  (orb: 2 degrees)
3) Is an 'Inconjunct' also named as a 'Quincux'...?
4) The 1999 entry states 5 degrees for the Sesquiquadrate, yet the 2002 entry states only 3 degrees.
    Does this reflect a modification (based on correlation) of this orb sizing…?  Or, which one is to be used?

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

Steve:
Quote from: stephen on Sep 04, 2009, 11:48 AM

Hi Again,

So, my questions are listed below, if anyone is able to help me with these details.

Thanks very much.

Blessings,
Stephen

1) What is the orb for the Bi-Quintile  (144/216 degrees)?
     Is it the same as the Quintile at 72 degrees?  (orb: 3 degrees)
2) What is the orb for the Tri-Septile (154/206 degrees)?
     Is it the same as the Septile at 51 25' degrees?  (orb: 2 degrees)
3) Is an 'Inconjunct' also named as a 'Quincux'...?
4) The 1999 entry states 5 degrees for the Sesquiquadrate, yet the 2002 entry states only 3 degrees.
    Does this reflect a modification (based on correlation) of this orb sizing…?  Or, which one is to be used?

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

Hi Stepehn

The answer to 1 through 3 is "yes".

My response to 4 is, it could be a band of 3 to 5 degrees, depending on.

On what?  with all the aspects, when you are dealing with a sensitive tuned in aware Soul, these energies can start affecting that Soul even outside of those guidelines - feeling a Pluto transit with a 12 degree orb, for example.  Its an individual, case by case scenario.  So some people would feel and be affected by sesquiquad at 3, others at 4, others at 5. 

None of those numbers are cast in stone and the only true answer.  They were given as guidelines.  The context around those numbers in the message board transcript was Jeffrey saying each astrologer had to determine for themselves what those orbs were, for them.  And newer people saying they didn't have the experience to determine those yet.  So Jeffrey posted those lists, of what he used, as guidelines, not as literal truth.  Every case is unique.  Another, for example, might not really affected by a Pluto square until an 8 degree orb had been reached.

stephen:
Quote from: Steve on Sep 05, 2009, 03:21 PM

Hi Stepehn

The answer to 1 through 3 is "yes".

My response to 4 is, it could be a band of 3 to 5 degrees, depending on.

On what?  with all the aspects, when you are dealing with a sensitive tuned in aware Soul, these energies can start affecting that Soul even outside of those guidelines - feeling a Pluto transit with a 12 degree orb, for example.  Its an individual, case by case scenario.  So some people would feel and be affected by sesquiquad at 3, others at 4, others at 5.  

None of those numbers are cast in stone and the only true answer.  They were given as guidelines.  The context around those numbers in the message board transcript was Jeffrey saying each astrologer had to determine for themselves what those orbs were, for them.  And newer people saying they didn't have the experience to determine those yet.  So Jeffrey posted those lists, of what he used, as guidelines, not as literal truth.  Every case is unique.  Another, for example, might not really affected by a Pluto square until an 8 degree orb had been reached.

Steve,

Thanks for taking the time to answer this question.
  Another excellant (and clarifying!) answer from you, pointing me in the right direction down the EA Path.  Your 'caution' is well-received: I am often very rigid and limiting with myself, and easily fall into the pattern of 'casting into stone.'  (Saturn on the South Node?)

Over my vacation, I was studying the EA Paradigm, and generated some questions for myself.  So, under the "the only dumb question is the one which goes unasked" rule, I decided to ask the questions, as I come upon them again while reviewing my notes.

Thanks again,
and Blessings,
Stephen

ari moshe:

The orbs simply correlate to how long a person has been working on any given issue, i.e. ten degree relative to a square would mean that this would be the first lifetime for a person to work on whatever the two planets/archetypes/dynamics are.  Conversely, for example, those same two planets could be in a 6 degree orb relative to the square, and this then suggests, in evolutionary terms, that the person has already been working on those evolutionary issues prior to the current life for at least several lifetimes.  As such it is not ‘new’ to the person, there would be previous experience, and thus the orientation, and behavior, would be different than the person who had the ten degree orb.

the tighter the orb, the greater the intensity of that planetary relationship. that makes sense to me. however, why does he equate orb tightness to "how long the person has been working on any given issue"? that seems like a statement for the phasal relationship between two planets, not the orb between them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page