School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

JWG'S Planetary Method of Chart Interpretation ...

Started by Rad, Feb 15, 2013, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad

Hi All,

I have been considering starting a new thread that details how to practice a unique way of interpreting birth charts from an Evolutionary Astrology point of view. Wolf called this the 'planetary method of chart interpretation' that we have recorded workshops on that are for sale, and in the last book edited by his daughter Deva Green that has a chapter called "Essays In Evolutionary Astrology: The Evolutionary Journey Of the Soul".

This method starts of course with the EA paradigm involving Pluto, it's polarity point, the N/S Nodes and the location of their planetary rulers. From that root or baseline the planetary method is then employed in a Virgo like way: one step leading to the next that allows for an understanding as to why a Soul chooses to have whatever planet in whatever sign.

I would like to know how many would be interested in ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING in this thread versus those that simply want to read it here.

So please let me know.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Hi Rad, I am so interested in this. Thank you so much for this opportunity.
With love,
Ari Moshe

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Thank you, I'd love to, and if I can manage to rearrange committments I may be able to create the time to participate.

Upasika

Wendy

Hi Rad - I too am interested in actively participating.  I pretty much disappeared on the last opportunity, and have been a bit shy to return.

Thanks for continuing to present more opportunities.

Wendy

Henrik

Hi Rad.

Thank you Rad for considering to do this. Out of respect, I can only say I will try to commit to this. Also, my depth of understanding is probably very limited in comparison to the other persons I see who have posted interest, but thanks to this messageboard and people behind it feel I'm evolving into a greater understanding...so I hope it's ok to participate.

Al the best,
Henrik

Kristin

Hi Rad,
What a wonderful idea for a thread to help us practice and deepen our grasp. I would also like to participate in this as well.
Thank you for the generous time you devote to our learning.
Peace,
Kristin

mirta

Hi Rad,
I am very interested and grateful for the privilege of participating.
Thank you so much
God Bless
Mirta

Linda

Hi Rad,
I too would like to actively participate in this thread.
Thank you so much for your generosity and for this
marvelous new opportunity to practise yet again with
such a wonderful group of people.
Love,
Linda

Rad

Hi Upasika, Henrik, Linda, Gonzalo, Kristin, Ari, Wendy, and Mirta...

Ok, we will begin this tomorrow, Tuesday. Looking forwards to working with all of you.

God Bless, Rad

Gray

Rad,
If I can manage my time with my professional teaching, I will contribute to this. Otherwise I will be reading.  Thank you for all of your offerings here. Although I often do not post, when I have the time I take a look at what you are writing about.
blessings,
Gray

Rad

Hi All,

Ok, today we will begin our thread on the Planetary Method Of Chart Interpretation as taught by Wolf. Below is a transcript from a lecture he gave in Denver, Colorado on this subject. This also appears in his last book edited by his daughter Deva Green called "Essays In Evolutionary Astrology: The Evolutionary Journey Of The Soul" that was published a couple of years ago by Wessex Publications. We have been given permission by Deva to post this here. This is copyrighted material.

So I would like all of you to read through this transcript because it contains the entire methodology that we will be working with when we start doing example charts. So please read through it and if you have any questions about it please ask me before we begin our use of this method in our forthcoming chart examples.

God Bless, Rad

******************************************************************************  

A Planetary Method of Chart Analysis
                                                              Jeffrey Wolf Green
                                                      Astro2000, Denver, CO 2000

What I'd like to do is try to make this as experiential for you this morning as possible, and the way I would like to do that is for all of you to keep your own particular birth chart in your head now as we go through this specific method so you can apply it immediately to your own case.

This particular method is very sequential; it is very Virgo like, ABC in nature, leading to a very deductive and Virgo-like analysis. In total, you will then find that once you employ this particular methodology--ABC--this will lead to a Pisces kind of awareness, meaning inductive, wherein you can see the whole first and then immediately grasp all the parts.  So it is like going from Virgo to Pisces. Now as we go through this system, when you have questions, please ask me when you have the question, because the intention is to keep this as clear as possible as we are moving through it.

So the very first way we want to start the system is, of course, with Pluto. This is number one on your list; meaning as we go through this it is going to be like an outline. So we want to start with Pluto. We can ask a Pluto question: Why? And what we have here from a Plutonian point of view, of course, is the direct connection to the Soul, the Soul itself. Now, of course, if we understand this, the Soul is going to create the overall personality structure in any given life that is uniquely orientated to phenomenal reality in such a way that that unique orientation experiences the phenomenal reality in a way that is consistent with the evolutionary intentions and karmic requirement that the Soul has in any given life.

So we want to locate the natal position of Pluto first by house and sign. What is this going to be demonstrating? We have to remember that the nature of the Soul linked with time and space reality is simultaneously linked with the principle that we call evolution. Evolution is a dynamic in time and space reality that is beyond debate. The simplest way to know evolution: Is it not true that everybody on this planet, everyone in this room, inwardly always has an inner feeling of being in a continuous state of becoming? Who does not have such a feeling? So you can see right away just through normal life experience that this is a principle, a truth if you will, that applies to all people everywhere as long as we are living in time-space reality.

Now, if we linked evolution to the principle of the Soul, we ask a logical question: What is, in fact, the inner mechanism or dynamic within the Soul that causes evolution? The answer is straightforward, simple, and basic as most natural truths are. The answer is, in fact, the very same answer that came out of the enlightenment of the famous Buddha under the famous Bodhi tree, when he pondered the nature of sorrow and pain, misery and the like. What was actually promoted in Buddhism terms as Nirvana was based on the awareness within him called desire.

In each Soul there are two competing and antithetical desires that create evolution. One desire is a separating desire, meaning to separate away from what we can call God. And these sorts of desires are many, myriad, manifesting in typical ways as the desire for the new lover, the new possession, the new career ambition, whatever.  All Souls have these desires, and simultaneous with the desire and coequal to it is the desire to return to that which has created the Soul in the first place.  So, in effect, the essence of the evolution of the Soul is simply based on the progressive elimination (Pluto) of all separating desires to the exclusion of only one desire which can remain, which is to unite with the source of the Soul itself.

This is a very simple natural truth that operates independent of what we call astrology and can be validated by every single one of us in this room. In fact, it can be validated by everybody on earth.  The simplest way to know it, again: Is not true that we can have whatever separating desire, oh we want this new thing over here, this, that or whatever, and we may have the ability to obtain that which we are desiring, and, of course, we have a momentary sense of satisfaction when we get it. But once we get it, what soon replaces the sense of satisfaction is, in effect, the sense of dissatisfaction, the sense of something more. It is exactly the sense of dissatisfaction that is mirroring and echoing this ultimate desire to return and to reunite with the source of all things. Who of you has not known this to be your own experience? You see, it is universal.

So the evolution of the Soul is simply based on the progressive elimination of all separating desires. The duality of these antithetical desires is intrinsic within the Soul and is what the psychologists call the basis of free choice.

Now, when we look at the nature of the natal position of Pluto, we are looking at two simultaneous phenomena, which is why we are starting with this number A on our Virgo list.  Number one, it will describe very succinctly the types of desires that the soul has had prior to the current life, relative to its evolutionary necessities, its evolutionary intentions.  That does not mean, by the way, that that is going to correlate or reflect all the prior lives that the Soul has had. The point is that the soul in any given life will only draw upon specific prior life times that have a direct connection to or bearing on the current life evolutionary intentions. The Sanskrit archetype for that is called Prarabdha Karma.

So, what the natal position of Pluto is demonstrating is the specific prior lifetimes and orientations that have direct bearing on the current lifetime. A simple example: What if we are dealing with a ninth house Pluto individual?  We can make a very simple Piscean/ Virgo deduction that this would have been a Soul who, prior to the current life, one way or another, was desiring to understand its individual connection to the cosmological reality we call the universe, meaning natural desires to understand philosophy and cosmology and metaphysics, religion (even if that's atheism), anything that is a form of philosophy connected to the cosmos. Are we clear? Good.

And now what would that mean coming into the current life? And this is one of the secrets about Pluto that most people don't realize, i.e. when you read it in your happy books that it somehow connects to compulsion, obsession, defensiveness, resistance to change and all these things, and these things are accurate, but they never tell you why, and it is because at this point Pluto is going to correlate with the deepest sources of your unconscious sense of security. Keeping in mind that security is a function of self-consistency. Self-consistency is a function of the past, meaning what has come before. Again, how many of you would totally and wholly embrace the experience of absolute insecurity? No takers? Hmm? Ever wonder why we have compulsion, obsession? That's what psychologists call repetitive compulsion.  

So by looking at the natal position of Pluto (house and sign), beyond the metaphysical point of view, you are describing in anybody's life the sources that correlate with the deepest sense of unconscious security in the person. And in coming into the current life, the person instinctually gravitates to those sources in order to maintain a sense of self-consistency equaling security. Now clearly, if the soul stayed right there, there would, in fact, be no evolution. So this becomes a first point to examine. The next point is to determine how it is that soul is going to grow or evolve in the current life. And the answer very happily is that the next step (evolution) is determined--because we have to remember that we are living in a universe, time/space, that of itself is defined by the law of polarity--by the opposite house and sign of the natal position of Pluto.

So, following our example of the ninth house, it is, of course, naturally in opposition to the third house. Now, one of the natural problems in the ninth house/Sagittarius/Jupiter archetype is that it correlates, in essence, with the nature of phenomenal reality in total. And it is the ninth house in any chart--Jupiter/Sagittarius, archetypically natural law-- that creates the awareness in the human organism, in each person, that we are in fact connected to something much larger than just the earth itself. It creates the awareness that we are connected to a solar system, universes, and galaxies. And this sort of natural awareness gives rise to the philosophical questions that all human beings ask: What does it all mean? How are we connected to this thing?

One of the problems of the ninth house is that it will typically orientate to a portion of the overall truth, and then consider that particular portion to be the total truth, which is why we call it the Billy Graham Archetype, meaning the need to convince and convert other people to your particular point of view. Why? In order to feel secure. This is why in this case we are going to have a have a third house polarity.

Most of us have already realized in our happy books that Gemini correlates with diversity, yes?  Most of us realized,--particularly for those that find yourself to be Gemini--that Gemini is a happy little sign because you put it in a bookstore, for example, and it is going to go around and do what? It is going to read two pages of this and one page of that, and maybe one right over here, but it is thinking that it is reading everything. And this means that it is trying to understand as much as possible relative to the whole phenomenon called creation. So when you have this polarity point to the ninth house Pluto, you can see the obvious evolutionary intention. The intention of the Soul is to evolve beyond the particular portion-part--of the truth that it has already realized. You understand the point?  

So the Soul is like a computer, and it has its own program and in a typically Plutonian fashion, then, the Soul will actually literally program necessary philosophical confrontations (Pluto), meaning it will attract to itself other individuals that are more philosophically or cosmologically evolved than itself. These people will have the effect of penetrating (Pluto) to the weak link in this person's existing philosophical structure. And by identifying the weak link, well, guess what? That whole structure collapses. And this is induces the Gemini evolutionary intention. Understand the point? I mean we could go on and on, but we only have an hour and a half. So, on our Virgo list we start with Pluto, natal position, polarity point. Any questions on this aspect of it? So, we are clear on this particular point?

Next step--number B on your Virgo list. We want to, of course, examine the nature of the south node of the moon. Now, why do we want to examine this point? The reason is that the south node of the moon will specifically correlate to the types of egocentric structures that the soul has necessarily created in order to consciously actualize the evolutionary desires or intentions, which have, in fact, preceded the current life.

That is to say that the moon, the south node of the moon specifically, correlates to what we call the ego. Now take this very seriously because, of course, I realize in astrology land that astrologers can assign the idea or the archetype of the ego to whatever planetary symbolism.  Over the last 10-20 years it has been given to Saturn, Sun or whatever. But in reality in the astrology we do, the ego is specific to the moon. The way you can prove this through natural law is very straightforward. As an example we can understand that the ego is that which correlates with what we can psychologically call a self-image.

Now, for example, if we make an ego connection to the Sun and we look into the nature of our solar system, of course, the Sun appears to be relatively fixed, does it not? Now, do you feel throughout your life that your own inner self-image has been fixed and constant?  When we compare this to examining the moon and its various phases, you can see the direct link to your own self-image and its evolution. Understand the point?

So, in effect, the Soul must create a necessary ego to create a self-image of the soul itself. So the south node is the conscious component that the soul generates or creates to actualize the desires that are intrinsic to the soul itself. As a simple example, let's still use our Ninth House Pluto as our example, remembering that the ninth house Pluto is how I want to understand myself in the cosmos, etc. Now when we put the south Node in the seventh house, what are we looking at? We Are looking at a soul who prior to the current life, over a series of recent prior life times, has created egocentric structures that have been actualized through a seventh house archetype. What does it mean?  It's going to mean that the soul has created a series of prior life egos that have been structured in such a way as to initiate a diversity of relationships, (seventh house), who looked like what? Ninth house teacher types. And by initiating this kind of relationships with teacher types, it has been collecting for itself, or attracting to itself, the kind of information that it has desired relative to the ninth house Pluto. You see the link?

Now, to show you why cookbook astrology is B.S.--I mean wrong--compare this to a ninth house Pluto but put the south node in the first house. You are going to still have the same complex of desires, but what types of personality structure, or egocentric structure has the Soul used that is very different from the seventh house? In the first case you have dependency on an external teacher, but when you put the south node in the first house, in essence, what you now have is a soul who has the same desire structure, but now with this south node in the first house you have an individual who has learned to ask and answer its own questions. You see why cookbook astrology is so wrong?

So in either case you still have a pre-existing orientation to reality. When that ninth house Pluto, south node in the seventh person comes into life she/he will gravitate, as they have prior to the current life, in exactly that way. This is why there is going to be a thing called the north node.  You see the point?  So in this ninth house Pluto/seventh house south node, we have a polarity point in the third house, and we have a north node in the first. So in essence, the north node in this case, the conscious actualization, makes that third house polarity occur, understand my point?  

What that would actually mean in this life as the person begin to emotionally mature (moon) in the current life, is that it progressively would begin to rebel against external teachers, their message and their voices. Because the intention (north node/first house) is that the person is meant to learn to ask and answer its own questions. This is going to create necessary intellectual, philosophical confrontation with external teacher types. You see?  

In the second case, the person has been living in happy splendor, all within themselves in a form of narcissism (south node/first house).  You see my point? So now why are we seeing the north node in the seventh house? They must learn to open up and share themselves with other people and in so doing, in opening up to other people, they are going to attract (third house polarity), you see how it works. You apply this to all charts. You start just this way, A, B on your happy list. Questions? So we have got this down now?

The next step in our happy methodology is then to go to the Sun, by the house and sign of the Sun and the aspects it is making. Why? Because the Sun is going to correlate specifically to how we are integrating and giving purpose and meaning to our current life experience. So in essence we are describing an evolutionary transition in our A B list, an evolutionary transition from past to the current life.  The Sun is now going to show you how that is integrated and given purpose and meaning in the context of the current life. How the Sun in Sagittarius integrates life experience, gives purpose and meaning, is going to be very different from how a Virgo Sun integrates life experience and gives purpose and meaning, you understand my point?  

So once you get used to these methods you ultimately get to play the role of an evolutionary detective, why this Sun sign? You understand my point? So that is why our next step is to move right to the Sun.  And again I want you to be able to apply this experientially to your own chart, so try to work with that as we move through it so you can see the reality of what we are talking about. So just take a moment right now and think about your own natal Pluto, polarity point, north and south node and your Sun sign. Take a moment, don't ask a question, just take a moment!

Now, how many are completely stumped? Maybe in a moment it will become more clear for you.

Audience: How about if your Pluto is right on the cusp?

Jeffrey: On the cusp?

Audience: Yeah.

Jeffrey: What you have when Pluto is on the cusp is the archetype of initiation, but if you have it just before the cusp of moving into the next house, you have the archetype evolutionarily of culmination--an entire series of prior lives all culminating in the context of the current life.
Audience: But you would still interpret it in terms of the house that it is in?

Jeffrey: Yeah. And see then what you have is as it progressively culminates-when Pluto is evolving into the next house-you still determine the polarity point, which allows for that evolutionary shift. This can by the way, psychologically create frustration, because the Soul already can feel where it is trying to go, but it also has to culminate, so it has this push-- pull, yeah.

Audience: What if Pluto is conjunct the nodes-actually, let's take the north node.

Jeffrey: That's a very unique evolutionary signature.  When you find Pluto conjunct the north node it means in all cases, that that soul has been working in that area of evolutionary development prior to the current life and is meant to completely focus on that area in the context of the current life.  There is no polarity.

Audience: If Pluto and the north node are in the same house but not conjunct, is that the same meaning or not?

Jeffrey: First, you want to determine if the node is balsamic or new phase relative to Pluto, which creates its own archetypical meaning.  And then there used to be an old phrase in astrology (I am going to date myself now) but it used to be called in mundo, meaning conjunct by sign. But unless you have technically an absolute conjunction, then you have a different kind of meaning depending on the phasal relationship between Pluto and the node itself.

The next step after understanding the integrative principle of the Sun and the purpose and meaning it is giving to life experience in general, our very next step is then to move to the moon itself. Why? The current life moon, the natal moon, and the nodes are going to reflect a spiritual law, the trinity, from the earth point of view the phenomenon of past, present, and future. We have the north and south nodes of the moon and what this is correlating to psychologically is a universal experience we call the dynamic tension that exist in all people between the past and the future, as experienced in each moment of our life.  That's the natal moon in relationship to its nodal axis. We have an evolving ego, i.e. from south node to north node.  How that evolving ego is integrated on a consistent basis (moon) is the natal moon itself by house and sign.

Audience: Could you go over that again?

Jeffrey: We have a thing called the dynamic tension between the past and the future that we all experience, yes? That dynamic tension as experienced in each moment of our life  is contained in your natal moon. How we integrate the potential insecurity linked with our past and our future experienced in the moment is our natal moon.  It creates cohesion, self-consistency, understand? It's that place in you, the dynamic in you, that can say, "This is who I used to be, this is who I am trying to become." That voice is your natal moon; do you understand my point?
Audience: Can you give an example of that?

Jeffrey: All of you in this room know as your life experience that you are in a dynamic state of becoming, yes? You know you have a past; you know you have a feeling to go into--toward--your future, which is the experience of the moment, yes? The experience of these two things in the moment is your moon. How you experience that is your natal moon by its own house and sign.

Audience: Let's say the moon was conjunct one end or the other of the nodal path, for example, the north node, would there be more orientation toward the future than the past and really more conflict about trying to integrate the south node somehow with Pluto?

Jeffrey: Each case is unique and you have to always overlay this with karmic evolutionary requirements. The experience of it depends on the person, including the observed evolutionary state; one size does not fit all. If I had the moon on the south node and I am in consensus state, for example, how I am responding to that inwardly would be vastly different than if I had that moon /south node and I am in, say, an individuated state, or a spiritual state, you see. In all cases you are looking at the phenomenon of something being unresolved in a prior life, at an emotional level, that the person is bringing forward into the current life in order to re experience with the intention of resolving it.  

If you have moon square the nodes, and really anytime you have a planet square the nodes, including the moon or Pluto, in evolutionary terms you have what are called skipped steps. And in the current context the person has been flip flopping back and forth, back and forth. And in evolutionary terms, karmic requirement, the person must recover those skipped steps in order to evolutionary proceed. Until that recovery is made they are blocked, you see my point now? Are we clear on the methodology as we are proceeding? That's my main intention at the moment, are we clear at the moment? Anybody still not clear? Good!

Now, another way of looking at this is why we are going to be using the moon in this sequence. The moon is how each of us lives with ourself inwardly on a moment-to-moment basis. It is how we are giving personal form and definition to what we call our reality. It is way for us to make it personally secure. All human beings have a need to feel secure. Of course the issue is what constitutes security.  But the phenomenon of feeling secure is a constant for all human beings. It is like the need to put an anchor in the sea instead of just letting the boat drift where it wants to go. That is your ego. That is your anchor in the sea. That is the anchor into your unconscious. That is the anchor into your soul. Do you understand my point?  

That is the way for you to personally relate to what your evolutionary intentions are relative to the purpose that is described by the Sun. It is a way for you to live with it, to feel emotionally secure because of it. The house and sign of your moon and the aspects it makes describe how that process is done. It is that simple. Yes?

Audience: I'm sorry, is that the security"¦"¦"¦(Inaudible)"¦"¦"¦"¦

Jeffrey: Yes, this is why we have a triad among Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces. See this is the ultimate meaning when we have the moon linked with Scorpio and Pisces.  We have this natural triad, and very few astrologers will tell you that the ultimate secret of Cancer and the moon is to realize that the moon itself is the source of its own insecurity. This is why it is a Cardinal archetype, two steps forward and one step back. We want to initiate change and we freak out and we want to recover"¦(Inaudible)"¦"¦  

But the ultimate teaching of the moon is reflected in the dark side of the moon, the side we never see. And the reason that the moon creates its own insecurity is to ultimately realize (Pisces) security from within, linked with an inner reality that has nothing to do with the external environment. When you link this through Scorpio, this is why all of us at various points in our journey misapply our trust into people--in order to experience emotional betrayal, abandonment and loss to enforce inner security. This is why.

Audience: That wouldn't"¦(Inaudible)"¦"¦ It seems to be reinforcing what you developed in the past.
Jeffrey:  No you are not listening; you're not interpreting right. You don't understand reality unless you listen carefully and objectively to the words. What you have just heard is that the ultimate intention of the Cancer/Scorpio triad is to learn absolute state of inner security from within. Now you have heard it rightly.

The next step in our Virgo sequence is Mercury. Why? Mercury is now going to provide the intellectual structure. Again, we are all living in a phenomenal reality, yes? We started with Pluto, the nodal axis of the moon, Sun, and moon. And now you can see if you look at this evolutionarily, you can see why the Soul (Pluto) was picking Mercury in whatever house, sign and aspect. That's the kind of intellectual structure, meaning how I am going to intellectually organize in rational ways. That is how I explain to myself what my life experience is about, which is ultimately reflecting its evolutionary intention. This is how I give the intellectual super structure to this process. So I create an intellectual structure that creates rational thinking within me that creates an explanation and justification, which I then communicate to other people. This is why you have your specific house and sign of any given Mercury. You understand the point?  

You see, life is either random, or it is in fact some sort of inherent order, you see? And if we look at it this way, we are looking at life and astrology non-judgmentally. This eliminates all the 19th century crap--exaltations, falls--it is irrelevant. We replace all this terminology with two words: what is. This is why you can have your Mercury in whatever house or sign. It is the way that you need to put it together and understand it intellectually through your left brain. Mercury in astrology specifically relates to the left brain.

Audience: What if Mercury is like right on a house cusp?

Jeffrey: Again, if you always use your ultimate perspective to understand the chart and then use an evolutionary perspective--transitions between past, present, future--then you can answer your own question. Any planet on the cusp is going to correlate evolutionarily either to culmination, meaning the planet just before a given house, or if it is just within that house something has already culminated and a brand new cycle of evolutionary development is now proceeding. So if Mercury happens to be the operative symbol it is simple going to mean a soul who is deciding to think, in this life, in altogether radically different ways than it has ever thought before.

Ok, next step in our Virgo sequence. Venus, of course, is going to correlate specifically to the nature of the value associations that you make for yourself. Values equal a sense of meaning that you are giving to your life. How many people on earth do you think can live without a sense of meaning? The sense of meaning in life, archetypically through astrology, is specific to Venus. Meaning is specific to that which you value. That which you value is in its own way conditioning or contributing to what you decide to believe. Understand my point?  

So the Soul in any given life must orientate to a specific type of value associations that provide a specific sense of meaning. That now is specifically linked with the evolutionary intentions for the life itself. So here we determine and can see from the point of view of Soul/Pluto why Venus is in this house, and in this sign, making those aspects. Understand now?

The next step in our happy Virgo sequence is Mars. Some of you have learned in your happy books that Mars is a lower octave of Pluto. And if you have heard this, ask yourself the following question: What is a lower octave of something? See, here is a happy example of cultures like this where we can understand words, but we don't really know what they mean. A lower octave is simply a denser vibration of something. So why  then is Mars a lower octave? The answer is straightforward; again the essence of the Soul's evolution is based on desire. Mars in our subjective consciousness simply instinctually reflects and acts out desires emanating from the Soul itself. This is why you read in the happy books about Aries and Mars and the necessity of freedom. The Soul must have the necessary element, or level, of freedom in this life to initiate experiences that the Soul deems necessary relative to its evolutionary requirements and intentions, understand? 

How that is done is specific to the house and sign and aspects that Mars is making. Got it? And this is why the necessity of freedom. That is also going to be correlating, by the way, to the necessary kind of sexual experiences. Sexual experiences are like any other experience of life in which the Soul learns about itself. Remember that sexual desires emanate specifically from the point of view of the primary brain. The primary brain in astrology correlates with Pluto, Mars and Moon. We have to understand that the primary brain in and of itself is unconditioned.  It is specific to that which is called natural law. This sets in motion its own potential conflicts and collisions of what we call Will (Mars/Pluto). Meaning, the will of a normal society that is telling you what is right and wrong. What if the kind of sexual desires you have do not conform to your morality telling you this is right and that is wrong? Do you understand what potential conflicts are happening?

From a patriarchal point of view, linked with the primary brain, this is going to have the archetype that Thomas Moore called Dark Eros. The dark can only be linked, or applied, from the point of view of patriarchal judgment, understand my point? The only time any sexual desire is wrong is when it is linked with an intent to consciously hurt someone, anything other than what is normal and natural.

Most of you are familiar--most of you are old enough to remember--a series of books written, I think, in the late seventies or early eighties by a woman named Nancy Friday--Women's sexual fantasies, Men's sexual fantasies.  So often you would hear in those books: Well I can have this in my fantasy, but I would never act it out. Now you understand this issue, don't you? 

So Mars is simply the conscious component that instinctually registers the desires emanating from the unconscious life, Soul. Desires that are specific to the evolutionary needs and requirements of the Soul itself. It requires the necessary freedom in order to act out. 

So we are still clear on the sequence? You are still trying to apply this to your chart? How many are starting to see your chart in a new way? Good. My point is that if you get used to doing it for yourself, well, guess what? You can do for your clients. Maybe you are beginning to see what this is finally going to lead to, the Piscean leap, called inductive logic, when you see it all at once. I mean you will get to the point where you don't have to spend three hours studying the chart before the client comes, and then you can do it instantly. So, any questions before we move on? Clear enough? Good.

Next step Jupiter. Following the sequence you can now logically see through your Virgo logic how Jupiter specifically is going to correlate with the types of belief structures that you need to draw upon in order to rationally explain, through your belief structure, the entire process we have described so far. Keeping in mind the nature of belief systems determines how you are interpreting the nature of phenomenal reality.  How you are interpreting this reality comes right back to Mercury, how you are communicating it. From the point of view of brain, of consciousness, Jupiter specifically correlates to your right brain, the intuitive, the non-linear, the image based. There is that exact place in your consciousness that makes you aware, again, that we are connected to something much larger than just the earth. 

So in effect, from an evolutionary point of view, why are we going to have Jupiter in this house, this sign, and making these aspects? It is the type of belief structure the Soul requires, without judgment, in order to facilitate the entire process of its evolutionary journey and intentions we are describing to this point. Got it? 

As an example, do you think that a Soul that decided to have Jupiter in Aries is going to happily conform to a Capricorn version of reality? Why not? What is the evolutionary intent of having Jupiter in Aries? You see my point now? I mean they are trying to strike out on their own to think and understand and conceive for themselves. The phenomenon of conception, abstraction, to make abstract, is a Jupiter process.

It is one of the wonderful things about the great Yogananda. This man happened to have Jupiter in Aries and despite Vedantic tradition, which is essentially patriarchal, the essence of his teachings was all defined around the Divine Mother, not the Divine Father.

So, the next step in our happy Virgo sequence is Saturn. Here I am going to share a secret with you about Saturn that you are not going to read in any of your happy books. Saturn is the very structural nature of consciousness in general. One of the essential functions of Saturn is to provide a conditioning function. So for example, what if an individual happens to have Saturn in Leo? That means the entire structural definition of that consciousness is defined around a Leonean archetype. And that then means that every other astrological function, Venus, Mercury, Mars, Pluto, etc. is defined and conditioned by, in this case, the Leonean archetype--meaning the principle, the self-creative principle, the inner given right for creative self-actualization.

Understand this issue? For example, what do you typically read in your happy cookbook when Saturn is squaring Venus? Let's put Saturn in Leo and Venus in Scorpio. The typical cookbook interpretation will tell you what? That this individual will attempt to dominate and control and limit (Scorpio) the creative development of its partner relative to existing inner insecurity. This is wrong. The structural consciousness is defined by Saturn in Leo, so this then means (and to show you the opposite) that this individual is giving itself the right to creatively actualize itself in any way it deems necessary and will necessary have conflict with (Venus in Scorpio) partners who are so insecure that they are trying to undermine its creative self development. The Saturn in Leo defining the structural nature of that consciousness will then mean what? A desire to have partners that were doing the same thing. 

So you can see the weakness in these stupid cookbooks, because it never made the leap that Saturn is the defining principle in the structural nature of consciousness itself, which is conditioning every other function in that consciousness. Do you see my point now? So, from a point of view of evolution, the happy sequence we have developed we now understand the structural nature of the consciousness that the Soul is creating to facilitate its evolutionary lessons, requirements and intentions.

Yes?

Audience: You are saying that Saturn is the overall structure given to things, the Sun then is more like how we sense things because I was looking at the Sun"¦.

Jeffrey: Sensing is a Venus principle.

Audience: Well, you are saying it correlates to how we integrate our current life experiences. Is integrating, which you are associating with the Sun, different from structuring, which you are associating with Saturn?

Jeffrey: Yes.

Audience: Can you explain that?

Jeffrey: This is a structure (Saturn). How we give purpose and meaning to the structure is the Sun.

Audience: Okay.

Jeffrey: Yes?

Audience: (Looking at a chart) Why do we have Mercury or Venus before we do, for instance, Saturn or Jupiter?

Jeffrey: I just explained that. That's why I am trying to go through this sequence very slowly. And it is a very deliberate sequence, one thing leading to the next thing. This is intentional to create cohesion, deductive analysis, not jumping around.

Jeffrey: Another Question? Yes?

Audience: With Saturn retrograde"¦"¦"¦ inaudible"¦..

Jeffrey: Completely. How would you like to examine that? Saturn retrograde has a very simple meaning; it is a structure of consciousness that is forever redefining and restructuring itself. 

The problem with Saturn as an archetype intrinsically--this is what you read in the happy books-is the potentiality of crystallization. You have to remember everything is operating through polarity. What is the polarity of Capricorn, i.e. Saturn?  It is the moon and Cancer; it comes right back to security issues.  Particularly as we emotionally mature and get older most people start to want to not grow anymore.  They want to have their Winnebago and their patio tools, "Oh, I am comfortable now I am not growing anymore." There is a typical example of crystallization linked with security.

If you happen to have Saturn retrograde, you have a structural nature of consciousness that is always restless and will never reach a point in time that says, "Aha! That's it." It wants to forever redefine itself relative to the evolutionary impulse to evolve and to grow.

Audience: How does that relate to all the other planets?

Jeffrey: Then it will have an oblique retrograde function to all the other planetary functions, not direct, oblique. Understand? Direct is like this, oblique is like this. So if I had Saturn retrograde it is having an oblique function to every other planetary function. It doesn't even have to be necessary in a direct aspect.  We are talking about the structural nature of consciousness that is defining every other function.  This is not something you read in some book, but it turns out to be actual reality. I have counseled over 15,000 clients. The essence of astrology is observation and correlation, and I am sharing with you the results of correlation and observation of over 15,000 clients all over the planet, not just America. Yes ma'm?

Audience: So actually having a retrograde planet might not be a negative thing at all?"¦(Inaudible)"¦"¦

Jeffrey: It is not negative or positive. It simply is what it is. A retrograde archetype accelerates growth relative to the Jungian idea of individuation. Think about the symbol (Rx) to rebel, understand my point? To rebel against what? The status quo expectation of how the function defined by retrograde is meant to operate. And by having a rebellion function we have an individuation function, which is accelerating the growth of individuation or evolution through the function that is retrograde.

Karmically and evolutionary we also have Rx--the need to repeat, or relive something from prior lives that was (retrograde) not resolved. This can create its own kind of frustration. What if I have Venues retrograde in Scorpio linked with my relationship formation?  And I have this need to repeat and relive x amount of intimate liaisons--karmically and evolutionary dictated--and I am now in a fixed pattern of Scorpio.  Meaning all my relationship dynamics, despite my intellectual intention to change it, are fated to be repeated.  Is this not going to create some potential frustration with our partner? Meaning the psychology of no matter what I do, I keep re-attracting the same thing. You see my point? These are things you don't read in the happy books.

Audience: So how do you bring that to an end? How do you stop?

Jeffrey: It is stopped once it is completed. It is completed when you finally see the retrograde symbol going to direct through progression, and not until.

Audience: What about when by progression a planet goes retrograde?

Jeffrey: Then you have entered a timeframe where you are repeating something from the past and/or redefining your overall reality in general, through individuation

Okay, so now we move into ever-understandable Uranus. From the point of view of Saturn, Saturn is going to describe--for most people--the interfacing between what we are consciously aware of, meaning our subjective consciousness or what we call personality, and the unconscious. It is that natural boundary, or barrier, or threshold. And for most people this is necessary because it goes right back to the idea of the moon, the anchor in the sea, which creates stability. This is also why, by the way, that most people do not have spontaneous natural access to their prior life memories. The point is that if most people had access to their prior life memories, those prior life memories, which are contained by Uranus, would overwhelm the current sense of reality (Saturn) in such a way it would become so consumed (Pluto) with what happened or didn't happen, what went right, what went wrong, we would not get on with the business of this life. That's why there is a necessary boundary (Saturn) that prevents this awareness.  It can only really truly open to the Soul who begins it natural process of evolution back to the Source itself in an active conscious way. Understand my point?   

So, Uranus correlates in Jungian terminology to what is called the individuated unconscious, or in Freudian terminology to the subconscious. In either case, I don't care about your the terminology, the Uranian element of your consciousness contains three components. You have learned, as an example, that it is a higher octave of Mercury. Mercury correlates with short-term memory. Uranus correlates with long-term memory. This also includes the long-term memories of other lifetimes. Just look at it logically. How many of you can remember in total detail what you did three days ago? Where did those memories go? Aaa, now we are looking at Uranus. So one dimension of Uranus correlates with where all the prior life memories that you have that are contributing to the current life are stored.

It also correlates to the component of our unconscious, dynamics that Saturn represses: dynamics in ourselves that we are having a problem accepting and, therefore, suppressing. This can also include the nature of trauma that is not resolved and is stuck into the subconscious. And Uranus also correlates to--connects to--what we can call the larger blueprint for the Soul's evolutionary future. This is why we have the principal of liberation. To liberate from what?  Saturn, the existing conditions of our life that can equal what we can euphemistically call our own personal status quo. That equals our own sense of security (moon) equaling the anchor in the sea that has been crystallized. So in effect, Uranus is always knocking on Saturn's door. When you go through an act of a Uranian transit, through linkage, the symbolism is very basic.  That's what we call the hand grenade in a steel box. The steel box is your Saturn; the hand grenade is your Uranus. In the last analysis the hand grenade will prevail.

As an example, if I make a bomb go off right here, obviously everything is flying about, goes up into the air, fractured. Through the natural laws of returning (gravity), it is meant to come back to the earth, but it comes back in a new way. And that is really the function of Uranus. To remove whatever binding forces in our reality that are preventing necessary evolutionary growth. So whatever house and sign your Uranus is in and the aspects it is making, this is showing you how your own personal liberation in your own Saturnian conditions of your life is necessarily and naturally meant to occur.

It will also tell you, graphically, what kind of subconscious or unconscious memories the individual has, linked with their own prior life times, which is subconsciously conditioning their approach to their current life. This is where you can play astrological detective yet again. It can also show you the potential of unresolved karma as occurred and still may be operating subconsciously in such a way as to influence the behavior of the current life.

Now we come to the end of our Virgo sequence, and you can see now we come almost back to Pluto, meaning Neptune. And, of course, Neptune from a patriarchal point of view is called the archetype of transcendence. From the point of view of natural law, it is called the archetype of unity. The patriarchy teaches you that there is something to transcend, which itself is roughly the same as the delusive patriarchal idea that there is a natural conflict between spirit and flesh. That is why you have the word transcendence. This is utter B.S. An obsolete opinion invented by men to subjugate women. Through natural law the correct word of Neptune is union: to unite with the totality of creation, not to transcend it. And it is through absolute union that a natural expansion of consciousness occurs. There is nothing to transcend. And there is nothing to redeem. Despite what you've read in the happy books. That is reinforcing the patriarchy.

The issue here is that Neptune specifically correlates to the phenomenon of consciousness, in total, every one. Consciousness is very analogous to water. Water in and of itself has no form. Consciousness permeates and is the essence of creation. If I put water into this cup, then the consciousness in that water assumes the shape, form and function of the cup. If I put water /consciousness in human form, it is assuming the function and form of this body. If I put it in this plant, this animal etc., etc.  Form and function is inherently limited--inherently limited,which is why you have read in your astrology books the need to go beyond the perception and experience of limitation. This is the inner action between Pisces and Scorpio.

Now, to make it very graphic to you, you all have consciousness, and it is all right now in a human body. And I will show you right away the limitation of consciousness in human form. Ready? What created God? You have just reached your limit, which exactly gives rise ultimately to the desire in all Souls to reunite with the source of all things, meaning to dissolve (Neptune) the apparent extinction of the separating form and to realize through union how the appearance of all manifested form is rooted in the original creation point. For you to do this naturally--for you to do this naturally--determine the house and sign of your Neptune and the aspects it is making. This is your own natural way, not according to any book or any teacher, understand the point?  So has this now made a little bit of sense to you this morning? Any last questions? God Bless you and thank you for coming.

Rad

Hi Group,

I am now going to post an example chart that we can begin with. When you look at this chart I would like you at first to focus on the the evolutionary paradigm: natal Pluto, it's polarity point, the S.Node and the location of it's planetary ruler, and the N.Node and the location of it's planetary ruler. In our chart example we will analyze it from the point of view of the Soul being well within the 3rd individuated evolutionary state, a male in gender, a born in England to give it the necessary cultural context.

So as we begin our journey with the Planetary Method of Chart Interpretation I would like you to start with a succinct analysis of this charts Pluto, it's polarity point, the S/N Nodes and the location of their planetary rulers. This will then serve as the foundation upon which we will start to add the other planets one by one.

If you have any questions ask them of me now.

God Bless, Rad  

Henrik

Hi Rad and the rest of the group-

Today I had (for the first time) some sort of anxiety attack. My brother told me, that even though the symptones were not the exact same as for him, that what I had was an panic stress attack, which actually makes sense because I have felt extremely pressured lately. It felt like my chest was involuting itself repeteadly for about 10 seconds and the resulting schock to my system lasted for about 90 minutes (mostly like a feeling of feeling very weak and a litle bit dissy). I will try to participate, but just wanted you to know Rad that I might not be able to post anything at this time.

God/ess Bless,
Henrik

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Here is what I have come up with ...

Pluto in Pisces 3rd
SN in Taurus 5th (ruler Venus in Aries 3rd)
NN in Scorpio 11th (ruler Pluto)

Background
Pluto was in Pisces from approx 1800 - 1824. Thus this soul has been born into a generation when Britain became the world's first industrial society. It also became the first urban society. By 1851 more than half the population lived in towns, and the population was rapidly rising. In the early 19th century Britain was ruled by an elite. Only a small minority of men (and no women) were allowed to vote and at least 80% of the population was working class. Families were much larger than today, partly because infant mortality was high.

Organised religion was much more important in the 19th century than it is today. During the early 19th century religious revival continued. The Church of England regained its energy and many new churches were built. In the 19th century the 'modern' Christmas evolved (before then Christmas wasn't especially important. It was one of only many festivals celebrated during the year). All the same during the 19th century many poor workers had little or no contact with the church. In 1865 William and Catherine Booth founded a new movement to reach the poor and fight a 'war' against poverty. In 1878 it was named the Salvation Army.

During the 19th century the factory system gradually replaced the system of people working in their own homes or in small workshops. In England the textile industry was the first to be transformed which caused a great deal of suffering to poor people. The Industrial Revolution created a huge demand for female and child labour. Conditions in coalmines were often terrible & children as young as 5 worked underground.

Conditions in early 19th century towns were often dreadful - dirty, unsanitary and overcrowded. The worst thing about poverty in the 19th century was the callous attitude of many people. Many of them believed in 'self-help'. That is, they thought society should be comprised of exclusively self-reliant members who never needed help from anyone else. They also believed that anyone could become successful through sheer hard work and thrift. Logically that meant that if you were poor it was entirely your fault, regardless of natural occuring hardship or suffering caused by exploitation. Many people in the 19th century (not all) felt that the poor were to blame for their own poverty. At the end of the 19th century more than 25% of the population was living at or below subsistence level. If you had no income at all you had to enter the workhouse. The workhouses were feared and hated by the poor. They were meant to be as unpleasant as possible to deter poor people from asking the state for help. Before the 20th century dire poverty was accepted as a fact of life.

The well-off lived in very comfortable houses in the 1800s, skilled workers lived in humble houses, and the poor lived in dormitory type shacks or cellars. Until medicine and surgery made great advances in the later half of the 19th century, disease and illness were a constant threat. In the 1830's there were large outbreaks of infectious diseases such as cholera and typhus. Life expectancy was 17 years for a worker, 38 years for a professional/craftsperson/farmer, and 52 years for someone from the higher class. The average in 1810 was 20 years, so our native may not have lived very long.

Strict moral values involving modesty and gender roles were developed. Advances in railways and postal services joined communites into larger social networks, uniting all of England.

The manifestation of Pluto in PIsces on a generational level was varied, but centered around unifying concepts, vivid and expansive artistic and practical imagination. While Pluto passed through Pisces tremendous cultural and artistic change occurred in Britain & Europe. This was a period of great flowering in the Arts when the Romantic Movement took place. Revolutionary artists expressed a departure from old romantic and medieval forms to accelerate a cultural and artistic consciousness. There were generally also transformations through large social and collective movements in industry, science and government, with big strides made in humanistic viewpoints resulting in firstly mass expoitation, then gradually compassionate changes and social protections for the vulnerable and downtrodden.

Thus through romantic, idealistic, imaginative, compassionate, creative and unifying endeavours Pluto in Pisces individuals helped bring (relatively) more wholeness into society ....  e.g.  Victor Hugo, Edgar Allan Poe, Byron, Shelley and Keats (all romantic poets) ,Chopin, Richard Wagner, Beethoven (romantic composers), Constable (romantic painter), Fyodor Dostoyevsky (humanist/existentialist),  Shakespeare, Charles Dickens, Emily Brontë (playwrights, novelists),  Florence Nightingale (nurse), Louis Vuitton (fashion designer), Louis Pasteur, Charles Darwin, Galileo Galilei (scientists), Henry David Thoreau (justice campaigner), Abraham Lincoln (president).

Analysis
It largely depends on what social class or station this Soul was born into to determine how he would have reacted to his environment and expressed himself. However generically speaking we know he will probably share with his generation an appreciation for art in some form, an imaginative approach to life in general,  and a deep and most likely unconscious urge for wholeness. Along with this possibilties for lonliness and escapism (eg through alcohol, fantasy), deceitful/cowardly actions, victimisation and self defeating behaviour (Pluto in PIsces). Being 3rd individuated he may also have felt to align himself with a more innovative form of religion than the standard Christianity of the times, finding it boring, and focused instead on something like the Salvation Army.

Pluto in PIsces may have made people of the times somewhat obessive about their beliefs, which they would have clung to in order to feel some kind of deep self definition or identity. In this Soul's case that would have been doubly reinforced due to Pluto being in the 3rd house. The bottom line for this individual (as far as emotional security went) would have been his ideas, concepts and mental structures - creating them and ordering them, and then referring to them. Due to the mutable nature of the 3rd house there would be a ever restless attraction for experiences of a varied and diverse nature to keep creating the material to add to his current point of view at any point in time. Doing so would ensure his perception of and feeling of security - which would be based in logically understanding his environment and his relationship to it, and his relationships with family, friends and others he dealt with on a regular basis.

At certain times however he would cyclically feel repelled by these new experience regardless of what they were eg. conversations, relating, outings, reading/writing etc. because the new information it would create that he would need to process would sooner or later undermine the current stability of his ideas and the connections between them, threatening his security. At these times he would need to let go and start trusting in  nature, and allow his mind to function from the right hemisphere instead of the left i.e to let go of his painstakingly created view of reality, and simply see reality for what it was - i.e intuitively see the truth of the matter (PPP in 9th). He would be able to do that by letting his ability for emotional objectification balance his thinking process (NN Scorpio 11th, NN ruler Pluto in 3rd).

His ideas however would have been very creative in nature (SN 5th) and he probably earnt a living from them (SN Taurus). His instinctive way of expressing these ideas, probably through writing, would have appealed because of its originality (Venus Ar 3rd). He would have been an independant person who decided what was valuable and important by thinking for himself (Venus Ar 3rd). However, he would be inclined to be constantly organising his observations (Pluto 3rd), of which there would be a constant supply (Venus, SN ruler in 3rd). Given his PPP being in the 9th he would be interested in natural subjects and activities in life, and probably preferred to be outside on a regular basis. He would tend to be a very inquisitive and curious person (Pluto 3rd, SN 5th, SN ruler in 3rd) and a good learner, maybe even a scholar. But his interests in the current life would be drawn to things that gave him a sense of power, that were hidden or needed to be investigated (NN Scorpio), and examined (NN ruler and SN ruler both in 3rd) with an eye to understanding them better (NN Scorpio, PPP in 9th) and finally classifying his perceptions (Pluto Pisces in 3rd) to cement (PPP in Virgo) his new understandings (PPP in 9th).

This person would have have had an extremely activated and highly creative mind (Pluto in 3rd, SN in 5th, SN ruler in 3rd, NN in 11th, PPP in Virgo in 9th) with a powerful subconscious feeling nature (Pluto in Pisces, NN in Scorpio). Because they were well into the Individuated state they would have inevitably wanted to use this mind somehow to better society, it would have been to them a way of expressing (SN 5th) their uniqueness (NN in 11th), and transforming (NN Scorpio) the constant observations and ideas they experienced (Pluto Pisces 3rd, SN ruler 3rd) into higher knowledge (PPP 9th) for the betterment of society (PPP in Virgo). He'd instinctively want to do this in his own way (SN ruler Venus in Aries), by listening to his own ideas (SN in Taurus, ruler in 3rd). With the septile between Pluto and the SN he'd have been born knowing he had a special destiny to fulfill, and with SN in the 5th he would have tried many different things until he discovered what it was. It was always something that had the potential to affect society strongly (NN in 11th in Scorpio), that perhaps would creatively (SN in 5th) change the relationship (Pluto 3rd) between social understanding and nature in some way (PPP in Virgo in 9th).

With Pluto trine his PPP With SN trine his PPP (and Uranus which conjuncts his NN also sextile it) he would have somehow already had a taste of this potential in previous lives, and be born with a strong desire to "get on with his life". Yet with Venus in Aries (SN ruler) gibbous inconjunct the NN in 11th there would have been difficulties, at least initially in his life, in identifying just what this work actually was, or how to go about it. However being 3rd individuated, with Pluto trine NN, and Pluto being the ruler of the NN, plus the NN septile PPP, he would have felt he was born to do this work and that it was very special in some way, and assuming he was able to listen to what others had to teach him (SN ruler Venus in 3rd) he would have been led by others more powerful or better placed than he was (NN in 11th in Scorpio) to his special destiny.

This was his potential anyway. However it would have depended on what social conditions he was born into. Due to his being an advanced 3rd individuated Soul he probably would have chosen a family with social influence and means, but this is pure speculation. If he was born into the 80% that were in the working class he wouldn't have had a chance, and his destiny would have played out in small daily matters that were probably of little consequence.

Thankyou for this wonderful opportunity to practise and learn with you.

blessings
Upasika

Rad

Hi Upasika,

Thanks for making this wonderful effort so far. And thanks too for providing the cultural context of the time this Soul was born into. And, because of that, you are so right in pointing out the specific nature of the family of birth for this Soul: the economic conditions. Since you have rightly pointed this out let's say for all others doing work on this thread that this Soul was born into the 20% that had the economic means to discover, actualize, themselves in a more or less independent way.

Also you wrote this: "With Pluto trine his PPP he"... of course you meant trine the Soul's N.Node and Uranus as well .........

Excellent EA work thus far Upasika ...

God Bless, Rad