School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

JWG'S Planetary Method of Chart Interpretation ...

Started by Rad, Feb 15, 2013, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray

Hi Rad,

Thought I would also update you- I have been at a standstill because of new classes (Spring Quarter) that recently started including one that did not exist previously requiring me to create new curriculum- and as a result I just have not been able to focus much on this thread recently.  Things are starting to settle down now and I will be back on track with working on Darwin's Neptune.  Thank you again for your patience.

love,
Gray

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Since we're tuning in ... I'm hanging in. Still nowhere near starting but the gap till when I can do that is slowly but steadily reducing. It will be next month for me. With surgery happening mid-May I will be doing it before then. Thanks so much for your patience and guidance.

blessings Upasika

Rad

Hi Gray and Upasika,

Thanks for letting me know.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Hi Rad, here I analyze some of the core elements of Neptune regarding the overall nature of the consciousness of the Soul of Darwin and why that consciousness. This is not exhaustive, nor did I touch upon all of the principals you stated, just a few of them. I got a lot out of this and look forward to reading some other of the posts here. Thank you for this opportunity Rad. God bless.

Analysis of Darwin's Neptune
Darwin had Neptune in Sag in the 12th house, culminating the 12th house close to the AC. Saturn is in a balsamic conjunction with Neptune. Saturn in Sag in the 12th which rules the 2nd house. In the second house is the Moon in Capricorn which is in a tight semisquare with Neptune - completely culminating the new phase. Neptune itself rules Pisces which is packed and intercepted within the 3rd house. Neptune's ruler, Jupiter is in Pisces in mutual reception with Neptune. They are in a first quarter phase with one another.

Pluto is in Pisces in the 3rd, again ruled by Neptune and squaring Neptune and Saturn - disseminating square. Mercury is conjunct Pluto and squares Neptune Saturn as well - first quarter square.

The south node of Neptune is conjunct Chiron in Aquarius in the 2nd house and is square to the nodes of the Moon - crescent phase square to the north node in Scorpio in the 11th, disseminating phase square to the south node in Taurus in the 5th. The ruler of the south node of Neptune is Uranus in Scorpio which leads back to Pluto which itself leads back to the Neptune/Jupiter mutual reception.

The north node of Neptune is in Leo in the 8th, also squaring the lunar nodes. The ruler of the north node of Neptune is the Sun in Aquarius in the 2nd house. The ruler of that being Uranus which then leads to the same final rulership as with the south node.

It's great to finally be working on Neptune with this chart because in many ways his Neptune does represent a bottom line in that it is the final ruler, along with Jupiter, of so many planets and houses in the chart.

Quote"Consciousness always exists relative to the nature of any form it exists within"

This relates to the entire conditioning of the soul: including the totality of all that has conditioned the structural reality of its incarnation, and how the collective consciousness and history of the entire species as well shapes the overall consciousness of the soul. Darwin's very consciousness was structured in such a way that it sought an underlying philosophical, comsmological perspective that weaves together and integrates an understanding of the totality of the human species itself to explain how the total affects of the past have conditioned all the forms of the present moment.

This soul has become depressed upon itself to reflect upon how the existing form came to be. This soul was not just taking the existing form for granted: the balsamic phase with Neptune and Saturn, Neptune culminating in the 12th, and the strong aspects to the Pisces planets. This lifetime symbolized a profound culmination and point of reflection for this soul. This soul was reflecting upon the total history (Saturn) of the entire species and how that history has created the existing forms. The reason for this was based on a deep emotional need to find cosmological consistency, something that he could believe in and thus provide meaning and context to the totality of his life as well as the totality of life itself.

Within the consciousness of Darwin himself is a long standing history of traveling, seeking, investigating, exploring and finding things out for himself. Yet that movement has a foundation on some very deep past unresolved traumas. A part of that links to a past of being part of groups of people that lived together and gathered together in tribes in order to survive: Sn of Neptune in Aquarius in the 2nd. He has a soul memory of such experiences. There was great wounding relative to two dynamics: One, the lack of community support: that in some way there was the dynamic of "each one for them self", a lacking of cooperation and sharing (square to the nodes, Taurus/Scorpio axis) within the communities/tribes he has been a part of. This also relates to where various people, upon being born with particular genetics/physical conditions, would be designated to a particular lot in life and role within the community - sometimes being disregarded entirely. Two, and this feels like a core and fundamental dynamics, where tribes of people, various groups, would compete with other tribes for resources including invasions and desecration of land/posessions. With Chiron on the sn of Neptune with the sn of Chiron itself in Aries in the 4th squaring the Moon this soul has been left alone - abandoned and wounded at a core level. Venus in Aries ruling Taurus on the 6th further adds to the past of being alone and feeling inadequate to survive and make it on his own, not having what he needed, and needing to learn to fend for himself against all kinds of adversity and challenges.

One of the main affects this had on the overall consciousness of the soul is that he would eventually begin to picture the ultimate meaning and purpose of life to be random and meaningless. Eventually, he began to picture reality as being a wide open vast space mandated by total chaos. There would also have been lifetimes in which this soul felt utterly abandoned by God (linked to the affects of the Christianity conditioned lifetimes).

This has also affected the soul's consciousness to the point of experiencing the physical survival elements of life in purely objective, scientific terms: stripped of any love. He eventually dissociated from the sensual and loving relationship to his physical biological reality in order to survive - which itself is linked to a deep loss of innocence due to the dire conditions of survival reality. The current life Moon semi square to Neptune further emphasizes the need for this soul to go inside, get safe, be healed and nourished so that he wasn't just operating on purely mental/objective terms; that he is actually in his body taking care of basic needs. The Moon in so many ways points to how this soul in the life of Darwin was really seeking to ground out and create inner emotional stability after having experienced so much trauma. The semi square being about slowing down and building a life for emotional support and embodiment further emphasizing how much that has lacked in the past.

The implication of this soul having been part of tribes that have traveled/ moved around for the sake of survival is found in Neptune in Sag in the 12th, relative to its south node in Aquarius in the 2nd and its ruler being in Scorpio in the 11th. The underlying cosmology of these tribes was linked to nature itself and navigating with the forces of nature (such as the stars). However with Saturn there with Neptune, and its own sn in Cap in the 2nd, it's clear that progressively these "natural" cosmologies were replaced by man made versions of God that emphasized absolute moral judgments and thus lead to a great repression of all kinds of natural biological human urges. These cosmologies completely separated humans for their personal and direct relationship with nature.

Thus survival, and the fulfillment of basic human needs and urges, became restricted according to patriarchal judgments and constructs of "what is right". Relative to Neptune, this soul has needed to place ultimate meaning of a cosmology that would justify such judgement. In other words he needed to completely identify with a religious construct relative to the extent that he carried guilt about his own basic biological needs.

This created a series of lifetimes where this soul would have, again, been a part of various groups of people that deemed themselves to be "saved" because of the nature of their beliefs (group survival dynamics). This became a religious justification for why some people are well to do, and other people are struggling: because of some sort of invisible God that is rewarding those who deserve it and punishing those who don't. Thus the idea of privilege and status equaling survival and comfort. Again, it brings us back to the sn of Neptune in the 2nd house: issues of survival and ultimate meaning.

As we know, this soul has cyclically been incredibly overwhelmed and distressed by the plethora of questions that would go unanswered. Also, as has been discussed with Saturn, the hypocrisy and moral inconsistencies of the various religious leaders and teachers he was exposed to ultimately lead to a disillusionment.

This disillusionment, relative to the total conditioning of the soul then placed his own personal survival at a very delicate state: how will he survive when there is nothing to believe in?

He has struggled with his own needs for a long time it seems - to survive in a world that, as described above, has no inherent meaning. To cease identification with the church's doctrine places him in a state of groundlessness in terms of where to place his faith. And its clear that there have been past life dynamics of total chaos, living according to no law other than his own - Saturn balsamic to Neptune in Sag in 12th. Creating his own ego-centric reality where the world essentially served him according to whatever his needs were.

Self interest and selfishness, as well as creating trauma for others by way of his self interest was a way of personally working out the loss of meaning in life. Underneath the anarchy was a deep anger and rage at there being no God, nothing to believe in, no one out there to "protect and take care of me". It's a build up of all the trauma and effort this soul has endured to find some sort of meaning as a way of surviving and making his way in the world. Having witnessed and been affected by such evil among many groups of people and such religious corruption has at some point lead to a state of deep anger to the point of giving up on "morality".

Relative to he core egocentric structure of this soul, this has expressed through the psychology of a little boy who is just angry to be out there all alone: Venus in Aries on the IC ruling the sn. It's the Mars in Libra and its square to the Moon as we have discussed that has implied a gravity within his soul to in fact learn cooperation and sharing where he has otherwise gotten "stuck" and in trouble for disregarding "the law". The inner challenge is that while "getting along" nicely in the world was something that he has had to learn - it has also required such a deep repression of all that anger and rage.

His past behaviors of course created great guilt within this soul. The nature of this guilt fundamentally roots in a violation of natural law - which is actually based on the principals of inclusivity, not self interest. The life of Darwin was a healing of that to some extent in which he was able to offer a contribution to society in a way that supported him (livelihood, fame) yet simultaneously served to bring healing and comfort to many many souls in that it offered a cosmological context that held more objective clarity than the blind Christian beliefs of the time. Thus what he offered was a form of forgiveness that stripped away any God-in-sky judgement from reality.

Another dynamic I want to speak to here is one of utter aloneness: Neptune with Saturn in the 12th relative to the sn of Neptune 2nd, with Chiron squaring the nodal axis. This soul has become philosophically/spiritually stubborn and fixed to determine for himself the TRUE nature of things for the sake of his OWN survival. Without a cosmology to back him up, he would be privy to the beliefs of the collective. It is the momentum of the collective beliefs of his time that has propelled this soul to determine the truth out for himself. Otherwise he would be either "lost" or "saved" according to factors beyond his control. Thus his own "survival" mechanism has literally been to utterly detach himself from any perspective, point of view - all the Pisces in the 3rd squaring Neptune - and draw conclusions from his own direct experience.

Quote"However the collective and individual consciousness of the soul defines the source of creation is exactly how the source will be experienced."

First, the nature of that principle is just amazing to contemplate. Darwin's theory of natural selection implies that over time, through a process of natural selection within any species, a species will evolve more and more with the dominant qualities of the traits that are favorable. Within that this also implies that as a species evolves, it will become more and more specialized for a particular ecological niche http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecological_niche (preponderance of specific traits as a result of natural selection) which itself can eventually result in the emergence of a new species. This places the notion of "creation" as a process that is shaped entirely by preferences within any species which, by way of the preferences, will dictate the direction and course of any species' evolution. In natural selection there is no intentional choice or ability to direct evolution (as opposed to artificial selection: when humans intentionally breed certain traits in species) but rather only a natural process of any biological species seeking optimal conditions for survival.

This directly points to a relationship with "god" or "source of creation" that is entirely oriented towards the collective intention within all species to survive. It is stripped of love and there is no notion of divine providence, of principals of cause and effect that operate on more subtler planes. This soul would perceive, Pluto Pisces 3rd, reality as having no inherent meaning other than natural biological processes that dictate all of reality. The ultimate meaning and source of creation itself would be the biological impulse to orient towards better life conditions and the evolutionary process that results because of such impulses.

Quote"How the awareness of the Whole by any one Soul can correlate to how that one Soul gives itself to the needs of that Whole in order for that Whole to be served and sustained because of that giving."

As stated, Darwin was supplying a collective need for greater meaning and understanding. At a time when there was a prevalent dogma and, within the consensus, scientific views that tended to always in some way harmonize with the biblical views, Darwin saw himself as on a special mission to, in a sense, save those who are needing to see the truth. He wouldn't have thought of it as "saving" though he would have pictured himself to have a special role to play. His own sn in Taurus in the 5th and the south node of Neptune in Aquarius in the 2nd relative to natal Neptune points to this soul's natural ability and sense of "purpose" to actualize a creative purpose for the masses, all by himself. He would have been devoted to this work - not just for his own personal survival and success (though that was a very real reality for him) but also, deep within because of a true compassion for other humans and a desire to alleviate their own suffering. This is an inherent truth within this soul - as he has faced such immense suffering due to the extremes of religious belief and group traumas. On a purely emotional level, perhaps a level he would not have been able to reconcile with, he would have a feeling of having served a higher purpose that he was destined to serve.

The north node of Neptune being in Leo in the 8th house which by rulership takes us back to the 2nd and then back to the 11th house. This growth for this soul has been and is to "get out of the well" which would perpetuate a very narrow and purely mental scope of life experience. Neptune in Sag in the 12th relative to Leo in the 8th and trining one another is about commitment to share with the world a personal creative actualization which then takes him beyond the narrow scope his own karmic pattern of feeling alienated and not fitting in anywhere. With the ruler, the Sun, being int he 2nd house - it implies a re-creation of his orientation to survival: to share and create something inspiring for the world.

This ultimately adds the dimension of Love. For he loved his work and he found genuine joy and the emotional of connectiveness in pondering and writing about the nature of reality. It's these emotions of joy and connectiveness that are the seeds for this soul's blossoming spirituality which will ultimately re-shape his notion and understanding of survival and evolution itself.

With love
Ari Moshe

Rad

Hi Ari,

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I am having real problems in my internet connection: the famous intermittent connection thing. I have to get this resolved before I can respond to anything right now.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Ari,

First, thanks again for taking the time to do your EA analysis of Darwin's Neptune, and for the entire amount of time you have committed too that spans this entire thread.

Your EA analysis of Darwin's Neptune is simply wonderful, accurate, and brilliant EA work that ties together the entire birth chart of Darwin relative to the core EA paradigm itself. Because of this you have now created the WHOLE PICTURE of the evolutionary journey of the Soul of Darwin himself.

It is brilliant EA work Ari. Bravo !!

God Bless, Rad

Upasika

Hi Rad,

An update on my situation. I have surgery next week. And I have learnt recently that the prognosis for my surgery rehabilitation is now quite a bit longer than I was initially led to believe. Originally I had planned to be finishing work last week, with this week free to do things for myself before the surgery, including doing the Neptune assignment for Darwin.

But with the recovery time now predicted to be twice as long as I thought I'm having to keep working this week so I have enough money on hand to see me through the longer recovery period when I won't be able to work. So unfortunately this means I simply will not have any time before I go in for surgery to do this last assignment. I'm very sorry about this, it wasn't what I had planned at all.

So if you need to move ahead and finalise the thread without this last one from me I would fully understand of course. But if you are ok to wait till I'm back on my feet I'd make it one of the first things I'd do. It's very hard to predict when that might be though. Initially they said 6 weeks rehab, not able to work, now its been stretched to 8 to 12 weeks. All depends on how well it goes etc.

My apologies, it has caught me by surprise.

blessings Upasika

Rad

Hi Upasika,

Well your health is the most important thing of all. So of course you need to do what you need to do. If you want to do this final segment it is, of course, entirely up to you.

God Bless, Rad

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Well, this thread has been an unexpected kind of journey. As Ari said so well, it has been hugely strengthening, and also I've felt doing it plus learning from everyone else's posts has stretched me to new levels too.

So even though this last part has dragged on a lot, after having got this far and also for the sake of completion for myself, I'm still into doing Neptune. As I say not sure when I'd be able to get to it - in two or three months perhaps. So if from your side you don't mind waiting, then yes, I very much would like to finish it.

However, if that's all a bit too long or far away for you Rad, and you need to move along with things, then I would fully understand and be OK with that.

blessings Upasika

cat777

There are moments when I feel like taking a stab at this, but other things get in the way.  One thing that keeps popping into my consciousness when I look at this thread is the phrase "the collective consciousness."

As you point out, " Creationism based on religious doctrine needed to be abandoned."  Darwin lived during a time in which the collective consciousness in relation to western religion was focused on just that, a belief in creationism. This belief was instilled in the collective mind of western man. Darwin with his Neptune/Saturn in Sagittarius in the 12th had a desire to dissolve that belief/conditioning and replace it with with a different truth which he perceived on an unconscious level and communicated facts and data that backed up what sprang from his unconscious mind and intuition.  He also had a desire to communicate his findings and the evidence to back up his theories to the masses.  Most all of this is seen in the placement of Neptune/Saturn in Sagittarius in the 12th and the aspects these planets make to Mercury, Pluto and Jupiter in Pisces in the 3rd. In doing so, he then unconsciously had a major effect on the collective consciousness of the western mind. In challenging a major belief of the collective consciousness, he helped evolve the collective consciousness. It's all quite fascinating how that all played out in his chart, which both you and Ari did a wonderful job of describing!

Linda

Dear Upasika,

All the best with your surgery.
I'll be thinking about you, and
looking forward to the time when
you can continue with us here.

Love always,

Linda

Upasika

Hi Linda,

Thank you very much for your sweet message.
Hopefully it goes very well and I'll be back before long.

blessings Upasika

Gray

Hi Rad,

I am planning to regain focus on writing my post on Neptune this weekend. I hope to have it done this next week, but I also want to develop some ideas I have fully.  I went through a recent job and career change and have been adjusting, but I will be able to start making more time to work on this.  I feel like this topic is huge and so I will do my best to focus on something manageable to develop in writing.

with gratitude,
Gray

Rad

Hi Gray,

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

God Bless, Rad