School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

JWG'S Planetary Method of Chart Interpretation ...

Started by Rad, Feb 15, 2013, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad

Hi Linda,

While I was reading through your brilliant EA work relative to the Soul's choice of the Sun sign in the current life I suddenly remember, don't know how long ago now, when you first came to our message board. Remembered how dedicated you made yourself to this sacred EA work in such a way that your natural evolutionary progression in terms of understanding it became ever more evident. Remembering where you started and now, yet again, reading your EA analysis is just so inspiring to me because of your own evolutionary development in understanding this work.

Your EA analysis here is simply brilliant.

One thing I would like to mention for your own contemplation is where your rightly pointed out the impact of traumas for him relative to children: loosing them. Relative to his on ongoing evolution, the 'whole truth', reflect on the fact that his Venus in Aries which is the ruler of his S.Node is trine his 12th House Saturn/ Neptune conjunction in Sagittarius. And is inconjunct his natal Uranus in Scorpio in the 11th which is ruled by his Pluto in Pisces in the 3rd. Both the N.Nodes of Venus and Mars are also conjunct his Venus. And now reflect on how his first child, after her death, came to him from the astral realm in various ways of communicating with him. This intention was many but one of the core intentions was to help his Soul understand the 'whole truth' of Creation itself.

God Bless, Rad

Off the Cusp

I am brand-new to this board and have already been out of step -- but am very much encouraged by the fact that at one point even the author of the brilliant piece above, was new too.  I'm wanting to comment specifically on the meaningful insights of her thought process and the remarkable synchronicity that attended their arrival at my station this morning.
I've wanted to participate in your discussions since as it happens, I am a veritable Walking Demonstration of Jeffrey Wolf Green's teachings, born with SNode conjunct Pluto, NNode in Aquarius and a 9th house Jupiter "skipped step."  Uranus is on the cusp of the 11th conjunct Mercury, Virgo ascending, I am not gay (but maybe just haven't found the right person yet), a lifelong astrologer and spiritual seeker, 60YO native and lifelong resident of Colorado. 
Alas, since the Nodes run from the S in the 12th, my past seems closed off to me (perhaps mercifully). I feel these energies but can't access them very well -- so they "act out" in my life instead; from that perspective they're naturally easy to analyze, but challenging to heal and resolve. 
Recently I contacted one of your former (I'm sure also ongoing) and most expert students for consultation and benefited enormously from that contact, am sure we will be working together more in the future especially since a seminar here is planned later this year.  That person was much impressed with this charted illustration of EA principles! and used his expertise learned here, by "cracking open" some of the "lost" 12th house information, much appreciated as you can imagine.
Midpoint of the transiting Uranus/Pluto transit is falling on that NNode of mine, and you'll never guess the ascendant degree of this year's solar return (yup) so I'm to approach these issues and somehow find a way to Return The Gift no matter how scared I am ... so I'm haunting your place in search of the mettle to do so and have found Courage everywhere I looked.  Every paragraph of the piece Linda posted was significant, and reading it was like following a path of stars across the desert.   
It's a little unclear whether you welcome the submission of charts and I don't want to seem intrusive by posting the data.  At the same time, I think my consultant would agree these should become part of any roster of EA research materials since they so aptly illustrate the principles of Jeffrey Wolf Green's teachings, so please let me know.  Meanwhile, please know how your wise voices have reached my welcoming ears, and touched me to the Plutonian core!
In thanks -- Kathy

Rad

Kathy,

As I said before we do not do personal charts on this message board: it is one of the rules that you should have read when you signed up. We do on occasion do that but only in very specific cases with with established members who have actively contributed to this message board: not just take from it.

One suggestion is this: learn EA yourself so that you can unravel yourself from within yourself instead of relying on others to do that for you.

God Bless, Rad

Here is  segment of the rules all those who sign up read:

3) Policy on personal chart interpretation and analysis:
The message board is here to teach the principles of EA through example.   What is posted here is meant to be of general interest to all of our readers.   Individual analysis of your chart from a personal point of view is of interest mainly to you and not to most other readers.  Thus posting personal charts and asking for analysis or feedback on your chart is not appropriate here.  Asking questions about or posting your chart as an example of EA principles that will be of interest to many readers is acceptable.
   At times there can be a fine line between what is of personal interest and what is of general interest.  Our moderators reserve the right to remove or to request that you remove any material posted they feel is personal chart interpretation.
  We have a number of qualified Evolutionary Astrologers associated with our school and this message board.  A more appropriate place for personal chart interpretation questions is a private reading with one of them.

Rad

Hi Gonzalo, Upasika, Mirta, Ari ...

Please let me know if you still plan on posting for the next step concerning the Sun in the chart we are working on.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

mirta

Hi Rad,
I am in the phase of language revision; it takes time to me and I cannot do it today. I hope that tomorrow wednesday it wil be finished.
Thank you, God Bless
Mirta

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Yes I'm going to be posting, have been working on it but also been very busy - hoping to be able to post within the next couple of days.

thanks Upasika

mirta

Hi Rad and Group

A partial approach to SUN's choice:
Sun is in 2nd house in Aquarius, ruler of 9th house that hosts PPP; ruled by Uranus in 11th house Scorpio conjunct NN, ruled by Pluto in 3rd house in Pisces. Sun is the natural ruler of 5th house that hosts the SN in Taurus, ruled by Venus in Aries, and natural ruler of Sun's house.
Repeating themes:  2nd, 5th and 11th houses.
2nd house: SN in Taurus in a solar house ruled by Venus, natural ruler of Sun. (2nd - 5th); Moon in 2nd house, Chiron in 2nd house square the nodes; SN Pluto and Venus in 2nd house conjunct Moon; SN Neptune (Pluto's ruler) in 2nd.
11th house ruled by Venus, hosting NN conjunct Uranus and NN Chiron; Sun in Aquarius; Chiron in Aquarius square the nodes.
These repeating themes in the fixed cross interweave with repeating themes in the mutable cross.

Vibratory modality: With Pluto in 3rd house in Pisces together with Mercury, Jupiter, Venus Pallas, Ceres, Juno and Sophia, ruled by Neptune conjunct Saturn in Sag in 12th house, this Soul came to this life with a background predominantly mutable, and the evolutionary intention is also in a mutable house and sign.
However, or because of the large and deep dimension of its evolutionary purpose in 3rd individuated state, the Soul has been developing conscious structures provided with a fixed energy by sign and house, yet has been flip-flopping between fixed signs and houses
In addition, in this lifetime Pluto, it's PP and their rulers even in mutable signs are hosted by houses whose cusps are in fixed signs, while the nodes in fixed signs are hosted by houses with cardinal signs in their cusps.
The intention of deepening the knowledge about reality and Life needed the determination and capacity to concentrating energy that belongs to fixed, centripetal, energy in order to sustain the convictions and steadily persist in the goal of establishing them in society; therefore a Taurus SN in 5th house.
This could be done through a new and active self actualization (5th house in Aries) and a careful consideration of society's expectations and especially what it needs in order to evolve (10th and 11th house in Libra).

However, the fixed Taurean energy while less evolved manifested mostly as a need of security that was a hindrance to creatively actualizing the purpose.
Fixed signs resist changes in the physical plane, but are able to achieve deep transformations, metamorphosis, because of the concentration of its centripetal energy and its firm and stable will. Thus, in order to resolve the flip-flopping and actualize the intention the Soul still choose a fixed energy, but able to firmly sustain and provide the conditions to achieve the Promethean evolutionary intention: therefore an Aquarian, Promethean, survivor, 2nd house Sun septile asteroid Prometheus in 1st house.
The Soul choose a Sun able to actualize the evolution of its fixed energy from individual security to a steady promotion of a change, a revolution, in the social and cultural conscience and belief system; leaving behind its "frog in the well" fixed modality by means of a Scorpion openness and ability to overcome limitations, evolution was actualized by an Aquarian, objective and detached, fixity able to supporting the subtlety and mind-openness of its mutable background and intention.

"Yet the underlying and primary desire within this Soul is constant and continuous understandings and discoveries that will ultimately lead to a knowing of the 'whole truth' relative to the 'nature of all things', of life itself." (Rad)
The "whole truth" is symbolized in the mutable cross, the Soul intends to be subtle, flexible and pliant . . . to God, to Natural Law, not to society; society's beliefs and pressure must be resisted and changed.
In former lives the Soul accepted challenges but they led to persecutions and was also stopped by needs of personal security.
Therefore, in order to actualize the evolutionary intention and resolve the hindrances created by this need of individual security, the Soul choose a fixed Sun in a fixed 2nd house, provided with enough self-reliance and confidence in Its inner resources and values; enough stubborn and patient as to persist in its goal and lead cultural beliefs out to religious consensus, yet cautious as to secure self preservation and acceptation of these revolutionary values.
The creative actualization of the Soul's purpose intended to develop a firm, courageous and rebellious spirit, necessary to revolutionize social values regarding Humanity, human species.
With this Sun the Soul intended to integrate the open-mindedness and ability to search and find the new, using skillful means with the firmness and solidity of fixed energy. These features coexist in its Aquarius Sun ruled by Uranus in Scorpio, whose SN is in 1st house Sag conjunct SN Mars and sextile Sun.

The Soul brings an Aquarian wound and skipped steps; with Chiron involved where is the wound is also the healing.
Chiron suggests a wound in the individuated unconscious of having been permeable to the influence of collective thinking and values, based on a difficulty to define the limits within the "other's" mind because of a lack in confidence in the soul's or individuals values,  rooted in family  and/or deeply ingrained in the self-image as a result of consensual persecutions.(Chiron ruled by Uranus in Scorpio in 11th house ruled by Pluto in Pisces in 3rd house; SN Chiron in 4th house in Aries, ruled by Mars in Libra in 10th house, square SN Saturn and Pluto in Cap in 2nd house conjunct SN Venus, ruler of SN)
Indeed the Soul has been flip-flopping between this permeability and a Taurean narcissistic defense; independence and liberation has also been tried but needs to be affirmed in this life.
Thus, with Chiron NN in 11th house Scorpio conjunct Resolution NN and Uranus, liberation from collective thinking is the way to achieve the evolutionary intention, and at the same time the possibility of changing the collective mind if the individual is able to sustain his individual values and beliefs and give them objective and concrete form. Therefore, a healing Sun in 2nd house Aquarius, ruler of 9th house that hosts PPP (the evolutionary intention depends on Sun)

Sun in Aquarius reflects that this life's purpose is liberation from old security patterns and its progressive conditionings through prior lifetimes, through finding the inner strength to affirm the Soul's values even risking to be a group of one.
The integration of the purpose for this life will revolve around  the ability to objectify Reality as to develop a belief system aligned with Natural Law; to objectify cultural and collective values detached from emotions and knowing its deep foundations, and to objectify social reality aware of what are society's evolutionary needs , free of consensus conditionings.(Sun ruler of 9th house; ruled by Uranus in 11th house in Scorpio; SN Mars in Sag conjunct SN Uranus;  disseminating trine Mars in Libra in 10th house).
The disseminating trine of Mars to Sun reflects the Soul's refinement of the social consciousness as well as the intention and ability of establishing the innovative purpose in society based in a prior crisis in consciousness. (Mars disseminating square Moon and SN Pluto, Saturn and Venus, Mars ruler)

Soul's values in this life are to be centered in a timeless vision; the Sun in Aquarius develops this vision and expresses these values detaching the individual from his time's values with a clear, objective awareness of what needs to be changed for consensus evolution to proceed. (2nd house ruler Saturn in 12th house in Sag balsamic to Neptune; SN Saturn balsamic semisextile Sun; Sun DP trine Mars in 10th house).

Collective Narcissistic Wound: The evolutionary intention of knowing and communicating the whole truth requires the ability to objectify Reality and that means detachment from narcissism at individual as well as at collective level.
Freud said that his discovering of Unconscious was the 3rd Humanity's "narcissistic wound". The 1st was inflicted by Copernicus: the Earth isn't the centre of the Universe, and the 2nd was Darwin's discovering that man wasn't created as the center of Creation.
Furthermore, as well as individual survival is related to collective survival, individual knowledge of truth is related to collective knowledge.Thus, creative actualization of this soul's special purpose was linked with healing man's fractured cosmic consciousness and help to restore the human integrated relation with nature, with the whole Creation: a 2nd house Aquarius Sun to heal a collective 2nd (5th-11th) house Aquarian wound.   

An agent of transformation, harbinger of a new (natural) science; feminine thought
"When asteroids themes are prominent in an individual's chart, they denote a personality in which the power of the transformative principle can be operative. Often these persons become vehicles in the general society through which old, crystallized structures, attitudes and values are destroyed, then renewed and regenerated. Consequently, their lives are marked by crisis of individuality challenging the established path of mass consciousness." (Demetra George)
It's interesting to notice that the asteroids themes related to the specific purpose of this life involve "feminine" thought, which is inclusive and focused on processes more than on results.
Also that all the feminine thinking asteroids, as well as Mercury and Jupiter and Jupiter's NN, which is FQP trine Sun, are ultimately ruled by Jupiter and Neptune in mutual reception.

Sun conjunct Pallas in Aquarius and Sophia in Pisces, both in 3rd house; inconjunct Urania and NN Sophia in Virgo(conjunct PPP) in 9th house; trine Scientia in 7th house; biseptile Pandora conjunct NN Uranus
Asteroid Pallas conjunct Sun suggests the image of Pallas Athena, the hero's close companion and advisor , who values and inspires in him audacity, victorious will and bravery, but only if he manifests dignity, serenity and prudence (Pallas disseminating trine Mars in Libra).
Pallas thought is one of proximity, in 3rd house and conjunct 9th house ruler she also expresses the voyager naturalist that sought direct knowledge and proof in the empirical world. The capacities for inspired vision, intuition, curiosity, genius and exceptional perception provide mental-creativity to the individual's identity and purpose. She facilitates the creation of ideas and theories that benefit and lead future generations.
Sophia, symbol of God's feminine wisdom, represents the intent of finding the whole truth of Life and God/dess Law as inherent to the purpose.( Sun conjunct Sophia and its SN in Pisces, which is square its ruler Neptune balsamic Saturn in Sag in 12th , conjunct Mercury and its SN, trine NN Jupiter and NN Chiron)
Urania, the principle of cosmic knowledge, represents a deep thinker who draws upon her inspiration to uncover mental treasures. She symbolizes the soul's inspirational understanding and mental astuteness to uncover natural laws and actualizing the evolutionary purpose, and reflects the purpose of clarifying through analysis the individual awareness of social limitations, and especially of clarifying the evolutionary intent in a microcosmic as well as macrocosmic sense. It is also a hint of the deep understanding of the need of social humility. (Sun FP inconjunct Urania and NN Sophia; Urania in 9th house Virgo conjunct PPP and NN Sophia, ruled by Mercury in Pisces trine Saturn balsamic Neptune in Sag in 12th; trine SN Mars and Uranus in Sag and NN Mars)
In addition, asteroid Pandora who "serves as an intermediary in the octave progression between Mercury and Uranus "(Demetra George), is biseptile Sun and conjunct the NN of its ruler Uranus, emphasizing the special individualized destiny of this soul related to knowledge and collective evolution.

Thanks Rad for your wise guidance and patient dedication
God Bless
Mirta

Rad

Hi Mirta,

It is such a treat for me to experience your own ongoing development and capacity relative to EA. Your analysis was excellent, and your EA reasoning being extremely sound. This is how EA is meant to be done.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Sun analysis.

Here is what I was able to put together - I'll follow your feedback and other people's posts here and allow that to inform me. In gratitude.

Sun in Aquarius in the 2nd house. Sun crescent phase semi square IC and Venus and disseminating phase sesquiquad the MC.
Disseminating trine with Mars
First quarter quintile with south node.

Ruler Uranus conjunct north node in Scorpio in 11th house. Uranus ruler of skipped step planet, Chiron also in Aquarius in 2nd house.

The Sun's position, Aquarius in the 2nd house, correlates to a life purpose that is focused, on one level, to awakening the inner freedom to live in accordance with his innate natural values - and thus a current life focus to liberate from all kinds of past conditioning that has inhibited his own embodiment and ability to live. On another level, given his ea stage, it's about - through the process of deconditioning and liberation - objectively coming to see more of the total picture as it relates to survival - seeing his own body, sexuality, procreation, food, resources, the entire realm of survival from a higher, more encompassing objective perspective - and living that, even if it sets him totally a part from others.

So why that Sun sign then? That Sun, as well as the skipped step planet Chiron is ruled by Uranus which is on the North node. This correlates to an area in his soul that is highly developed, and yet also unfinished business - Chiron squaring that node. The ruler of that nn is Pluto which is naturally linked to the sn and to its ruler, Venus, which is on the IC. The Sun is in a crescent phase square with the IC and Venus, which is ruled by Mars in Libra in the 10th house which is in a disseminating phase trine with the Sun.

This correlates to a dynamic within prior lives wherein the soul has been actively pursuing it's own path of self discovery - which has often subjected the soul to criticism from society (Venus gibbous phase with Mars in the 10th, Mars and Venus in mutual reception too). This really emphasizes the stress of him following his own path and the need to form his identity and special purpose in a way that also integrates within society according to accepted social standards. This would relate in part to how he would set about gaining the necessary credentials - who to listen to, who not to listen to etc - in order to learn and do what his soul desired to learn and do. Also that the MC itself is gibbous phase inconjuct the sn.

This soul has perceived basic laws and principals (Pluto in the 3rd relative to it's polarity point as facilitated by the north node in Scorpio in the 11th) and has been rejected on the basis of those ideas - often experiencing the trauma of groups of people forming against him. This has taught him a lot about how groups think (Uranus on the nn 11th) and how to interact, socialize in a world full of people with various values (Mars in Libra in the 10th in gibbous phase with Venus on IC in Aries, ruler of sn). A lot of his past, which really makes the Sun position make a lot of sense, is where he was disillusioned by way of all kinds of beliefs that he wanted to believe in, only to realize at some point the imperfect, the non absolute nature of those beliefs. With the Sun in Aquarius in the 2nd, this is about finding the value and meaning of his own life in his own way. As I will describe below, there's a new phase semi sextile between Jupiter and the Sun. The Sun is anchoring this soul so that his cosmology comes from within him; organic and true to his own direct observations.

He has been learning how to cooperate in the world as an equal with others, not better than - this is one of the reasons why this soul has created and attracted the kinds of traumas that he has - to teach him, ultimately, the inherent equality of all souls. The strong Venus in Aries on IC and the sn in Taurus in the 5th, and all their gibbous associations to Libra in the 10th implies the lessons of humility and getting out of his own self oriented narrow point of view.

So the fact of Mars being disseminating trine to the Sun means that coming into this life this soul has become ready to creatively actualize his own path - to take destiny into his own hands and fully integrate his creative purpose with the existing social structures with respect to the lessons of social participation and listening as described above. The crescent phase semi square with Venus and the IC, the ruler of Mars and of the sn, points to the intention in this life for this soul, simultaneous to actualizing his purpose in a social sense, to becoming deeply internalized and self reflective as to the nature of his own special purpose. It also means his lesson was to limit his exposure to the ideas and the infinite array of possibilities in terms of what direction he chooses for his mind. This allows him to become ever more internal and to integrate and reflect on his own as to the meaning of his own discoveries.

In general, the phases between all the watery, imaginative and expansive Pisces 3rd house energy and the Sun is new phase, implying lots of new direction and exploration, and yet with Jupiter in a very new new phase semi sextile, its about a focusing and limiting of that direction so that definition can become more established in the thesis he is establishing.

This Jupiter is the ruler of his AC and his Saturn Jupiter - all of which are in a first quarter square with Mercury. Choices relative to how to understand and synthesize the data he is collecting about the environment. The first quarter emphasis implies something new coming forth - something that requires a new perspective that has not yet before been realized.

So bringing all of this back to the Sun it implies that this soul was ready in his life to focus entirely on actualizing his soul's purpose, on his own, through deep reflection so as to allow clear observations and correlations of all the data and research he had pursued. The need to internalize and begin to form a thesis is strong with Jupiter's new phase with the Sun (slowing down) and the square and first quarter phase with all the Sag planets relative to the Mercury and Jupiter in Pisces.

The Sun has a direct connection to the south node through a first quarter quintile. This implies of course that such a purpose has already been engaged. And as stated above, we already have a direct karmic connection to that Sun since it's ruler is on the north node. So there's a great degree of creative energy that this soul simply came into this world to continue where he left off.

Pallas Athene is in a new phase with the Sun - and Pallas kicks off the entire third house, which is ruled by the Sun's ruler - Uranus. So there's a sense of all this new scientific information coming through this soul from a higher source and for this soul to deeply internalize this on his own.

Lastly, the Sun rules the 9th house which then correlates to the nature of his creative purpose: to birth a unique cosmology though developing higher awareness of his own values, of survival, and via the 11th house linkage, the evolutionary dynamics of human beings.

I'm so grateful for this practice. I look really forward to reading what has been posted by everyone else and continuing to follow this process we are doing here.
With much love,
Ari Moshe

Rad

Hi Gonzalo,

This is simply brilliant EA work of great detail as to the inner dynamics and workings within the Soul psychology of Darwin that were the causative factors in all that he thought about and contemplated. Your EA analysis as to why Darwin chose the Sun sign that he did, and how he actualized it within the context of his Soul, is just brilliant work.

This is how EA is meant to be done.

God Bless, Rad

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Finally managed to get time to write something down. But because it's been a bit rushed it's not written as clearly or as concisely as I would like. I also haven't read any of the others but hope I've properly understood what the requirement was. Thanks for such a great thread.

Why is the Sun in Aquarius in the 2nd house?

Pluto is in Pisces in the 3rd house, which reveals that this Soul is pursuing core desires related to the mind, and Mars in a disseminating sesquiquadrate to Pluto shows this to be the 5th primary life for this Soul in this series of lives based on these core desires.

However, we know that this particular life has been a long time in the making, and to enable a full context for the Sun's placement we will go back into the Soul's distant past, where we find the SN Pluto in Capricorn in the 2nd house. This relates to a very different series of lives with core desires revolving around 2nd house issues.  At the most fundamental level the 2nd house relates to physical survival - resources or the lack of them, and being able to provide for oneself. It is a yin area of experience where we withdraw into ourselves to affect the sustainability of our body and our sense of self, and so denotes self-reliance, the ability to persevere without any dependency on anyone else to do so - stubborn endurance.

It also shows how we listen to ourselves, identifying via feelings what is important to us and therefore what we value. This is a highly subjective area, and also depends on a soul's evolutionary state. While some people may value material possessions more than anything else, generally people value themselves before anything else, and in these cases the 2nd house becomes in the first instance a measure of one's self-esteem.  

The SN of Pluto in the 2nd is conjunct the Moon, indicating that the mother and perhaps children have been highly important to this Soul in the past. The Moon is square Mars in the 10th - indicating conflict with authorities affecting his family, with maybe injury or possibly even death involved (Libra can be extremes). Two other close major aspects are a waxing sextile to Jupiter in Pisces in the 3rd house and a waning semi-square to Saturn in Sag in the 12th, both indicating natural spirituality was important to the Soul. Saturn is also the ruler of the SN Pluto, and is conjunct Neptune and in the 12th house. This further reinforces an interest in the spiritual side of life.

Interestingly enough, the SN of Saturn is also in the 2nd house in Capricorn conjunct the S.Nodes of Venus, Vesta and Mercury, and these are all also conjunct the Moon and the SN Pluto. Obviously in these distant times issues of survival and self-sufficiency were paramount, with probably heavy suffering at the hand of the authorities of the time, maybe having loved ones thrown into prison, poisoned, or tortured in some way (all these 2nd house points are square to Mars in the 10th, which is sesquiquadrate to Pluto, which is ruled by Neptune - back in the 12th house). So from this we know at the least that this Soul is well acquainted with 2nd house issues, and will have deep soul memories regarding them. We also know that back then the Soul was developing an interest in spirituality, (possibly even as a result of the likely 2nd house trauma it suffered). This soul has obviously been attracted to learning (Jupiter in 3rd in Pisces) religious concepts and scriptures (Saturn conjunct Neptune in the 12th in Sag), and probably clung to organised religion (Saturn/Neptune) as a means of survival (2nd house) and staying sane (Capricorn). The Soul may even have been in the preceding 2nd individuated state in those lives, and hence the clash with authorities creating survival trauma and wounding - a possibility anyway.

Nevertheless it's clear that this soul has awoken to religion and spirituality in the very distant past, from an inner security need (Saturn in 12th, 2nd house), approaching it from both a devotional and also a curious, studious perspective (Neptune in 12th in Sag, Jupiter in 3rd in Pisces). The SN of Jupiter is also in Capricorn but in the 1st, along with the S.Nodes of Mars and Uranus, so a spirit of independence was also clearly present, and probably encouraged the Soul to explore religion and spirituality further via independent and original action and enquiry. What would have started as an urgent need for security would have gradually changed into a new voyage - into a whole new world with more meaning (Neptune in Sag, Jup in Pisces), of more in life than just the material (2nd house). This would have great ramifications for this Soul at a later point in it's evolution (and is also at the root why this Soul had in their incarnation as Darwin so many planets in Pisces, the 12th or aspecting Neptune).

However moving on from those distant lives, a bit closer to the more recent series of lives represented by Pluto in 3rd in Pisces, we can see that the Jupiter is in balsamic phase to Mercury, both also in 3rd in Pisces - indicating a whole cycle of mental enquiry has been undertaken and almost completed regarding Piscean matters - unity & oneness, expressed as religion or spirituality. This enquiry has been of a very deep nature as Mercury is also in balsamic conjunction to Pluto. Obviously things have changed for this Soul along the way, and it has expended a great deal of mental effort in it's desire to learn all it can about things of a cosmic nature, and in the process developed a very formidable mind. This use of the mind has been driven by life and death issues at times (Mercury and Pluto conjuncted by Ceres), and with Mercury and Pluto in full sesquiquadrate with Mars in the 10th, and Jupiter quincunx Mars, clashes with authority have probably happened again, this time most likely over professed beliefs, announcements or arguments of a religious or spiritual nature. Despite the fact that this Soul had obviously become well equipped to understand complex issues on a large scale, it may not have exercised much humility, and with Mercury/Pluto squaring Sat in the 12th probably was thrown into prison again for challenging authority with it's version of the "truth" (Mercury/Pluto.)  Not only that, Uranus in the 11th in Scorpio trines Mercury and Pluto indicating the ease with which this Soul could be traumatised when not being heard. Uranus rules Chiron in the 2nd house, and here we see the wounds that were caused by the 2nd house traumas from long ago. Now this wounded area is added to but in a different way, no longer because of any survival issues, but due to retaliation by the authorities for the challenging of religious opinions - resulting in a wounding to self-esteem. The S.Node of Neptune is also conjunct Chiron further indicating likely intense wounding to the Soul over time from various religious sources.

Now switching lenses and forwarding to current Pluto in 3rd series of core desires, with the S.Node in the 5th in Taurus and N.Node In 11th in Scorpio, we now have a skipped step caused by the accumulated wounding (Chiron in 2nd). In this signature we can see the remnants of the past wilful independence in the Moon's SN ruler, Venus, being in Aries. However it has obviously softened and humbled in stance somewhat since then, now being trine Saturn in the 12th and quincunx Uranus in the 11th. So if the past hardships, suffering from loss of loved ones, and fractured (Aquarius) self esteem from being silenced are the cause of the skipped step, what is the skipped step itself?

The Soul from it's initial curiosity (3rd house) regarding religious and spiritual matters (12th house, Pisces) has inadvertently wandered down a path of ever intensifying enquiry that has had the effect of gradually and literally opening it's eyes "¦ to the amazing wonder of the phenomenal universe. It's interests had continually expanded as a result, ending up far beyond religious security, and extending into all of nature as well as heady philosophical realms e.g what is nature? how does nature work, does God exist? Along the way the Soul has formed it's own revolutionary opinions to these questions and projected these answers forcefully into society (Pluto conj Jup in 3rd, Jup FQ sesquiquadrate Uranus in 11th), and been continually persecuted, punished and ridiculed as a result (Sat/Nep in 12th, Mars in 10th sesq Plu). The irony (Aquarius) is that with such a developed mind the Soul no doubt had a great deal to offer, but was too full of itself, and not aligned with the relevant needs and necessary ways of interaction required with the societies in which it lived. The resulting backlash served to shock the Soul (Chiron in Aquarius) and damage it's self esteem (Chiron in 2nd).

By now, the accumulated wounding for this Soul shown by Chiron in the 2nd in Aquarius has had a very deep impact on the Soul.

It has tried to cope with this by alternating cycles of indulgence in material comfort and self directed pleasures (SN 5th house in Taurus, ruler Venus in Aries), and when bored with that alternating to socialising with intense interest groups who were radical, or antisocial  in some kind of way (NN 11th Scorpio). Of these two alternatives that's seemed to be open to the soul, the later was more helpful in addressing the wound, as it at least helped restore some pride (5th house) to the soul because it's highly intelligent opinions and astute insights would have been accepted. This in turn would have allowed the Soul glimpses of the PPP in 9th in Virgo, which would have been like nectar to the Soul, it would have been a subtle yet exquisite sense of self-realisation (opposite so many 3rd house energies) - a great release of the mind, a satori-like experience.

But the wounded imprint held in the 2nd house was now this Soul's Achilles heel, an unconscious energy disturbance. It ate at Darwin constantly but he refused to see it. In previous lives he had suffered great hardship as a result of loss of love ones. He had also had the primeval instincts of his barbarian side, and his wilfulness, arrogance, and selfishness "¦ all knocked out of him via the ongoing conflicts with authorities and resulting rejection, backlash, punishment, and persecution. Not being recognised by society for his mental contributions and prowess had been extremely deeply traumatic and painful for him (Uranus in 11th FQ square to Chiron). However whichever way the Soul had recently tried it couldn't consistently experience it's PPP, it's nectar, as it's low self esteem wounding would undermine it's whole energy structure. However because it was a deeply painful area of the psyche the Soul continued to avoid it.

The 2nd house is the inner fortification of the self, the substance and basic foundation of self that allows us to function normally. When it is dysfunctional it feels like we are a boat with a hole in it - its very hard to simply stay afloat, let alone do anything meaningful in life. So the skipped step is avoiding repairing this hole, not tending to the wound, so that the great talents (2nd house) and potential for opportunity (Jup new conjunction to Pluto) that this Soul had developed could be put to productive use in society.
Darwin first developed heart trouble as a young man even before sailing on the Beagle voyage, and from then onwards developed stomach inflammation, violent shivering, twitching and nerve spasms, migraines and general nausea. These ailments mostly tended to manifest symptoms when he was "stressed", which at it's worst was merely either socialising for 20 minutes or more, or simply working (which he normally loved). He had avoided his wounds for so long that they had all gone into his body. Physicians could find nothing wrong with him, no physical cause for his symptoms - because it wasn't in any way inherently physical - it was all psychosomatic. So this was his skipped step - not dealing with his psychological wounds over many, many lives. And the most recent of these wounds was the damage to his self esteem. He was in awe at prestigious groups and societies (Chiron in Aquarius), and although ambitious, he had no desire for fame itself, just recognition by other scientists (Chiron in 2nd).

So as a result of all this, by the time this Soul manifested itself as Charles Darwin, it had created a situation in which lifetimes of effort, and then topped off with some lives of eventual stagnation, non-growth, were brought to a head. All the talents were assembled ready and available for use. All the dysfunctions and impediments that had previously sabotaged the personality had been processed and transformed - Darwin was kind, good humoured, pleasant, unassuming and profoundly humble. Only the skipped step remained to be resolved, and the way for that to happen was to focus on the NN in 11th in Scorpio new conjunction Uranus. This was the crucial spot - where the potential for liberation resided. All that was needed was to focus there and stabilise, rather than fall back into the bad habits from previous lifetimes "¦ flip flopping between nodes,  of reaching for the PPP then falling back, then continuing round the same cycle again. Focus. Stabilise. Anchor. And the best place for that as a purpose for the whole life, the place where that could best be integrated from, was the 2nd house (stable, fixed) and Aquarius (fixed).  Also this would force him to face his wounds rather than run away from them., keep his consciousness close to his reality, feet on the ground rather than trying to reach prematurely for the stars (with a leaky boat).

There is great irony in this Soul's journey up to here, and in this life. Darwin's real mission was to find himself, to become self-realised, enlightened. Once he got over clinging to religion for security via conditioned devotion, and starting a mental journey exploring nature and spirituality, this was his original attraction. And because of his wounds he haphazardly moved around in focus from left to right brain, mercury to jupiter ... and back again. Thus he inadvertently developed a most unusal mix of logic and intuition, a fantastic ability for inductive logic, to gather any diverse number of facts and arrange them in generalised groups. It was his proficiency and love of doing this, always wanting to order details into larger meanuingful wholes, that he had developed by accident simply as a very indirect coping mechanism for avoiding his wounds. And these wounds culminated in his life as Darwin as a skipped step, and so he was forced to resolve the skipped step, and the way to do that was to actually get the recognition that he so desperately needed from those intellectuals and scientists that he respected so much. And the way to do that was to focus on the facts of the phenomenal world, nature as it appeared in everyday life, without creating any theories about what they were all about (avoid the PPP) and simply investigate (NN in Scorpio) just what was the factual case and classify it, order it (Pluto in 3rd), and accumulate as many facts as possible. And let this ordering process of the facts induce it's own meaning naturally (and finally by itself the PPP appears). And via this process he discovered what he did, and transformed our understanding of how biological nature works. But he would never have developed the particular mental capacities and skills to do all this, if he hadn't been creating and then needing to resolve his skipped step!

Given his destiny, there were also other benefits from having a 2nd house Aquarius Sun. .

-   He needed to do a lot of painstaking and meticulous work, so a patient, steady 2nd house Sun would be ideal for that

-   He had a special mission to fulfil, so on a larger scale he needed to have a certain fixity of purpose - Aquarius 2nd house would have been very good for that

-   He was destined to change the world with revolutionary ideas that would greatly impact the church, the scientists and the established public consensus. Inevitably he was going to face criticism, rejection, rumours, and public attacks etc for his statements. He needed to be somewhat insular from all these goings on, so that he was not unduly affected and could carry on. Aquarius detachment and 2nd house ability to withdraw into oneself would serve him very well in these situations

- His Sun also has a disseminating trine to Mars in the 10th - perfect for working with others to bring his work to fruition.

- It's ruled by Uranus (new conj NN) and has a biseptile to Uranus. This makes it easy for him to keep in touch with his resolution node, and to bring the full powers of his scientific abilities into play.

- Its conjunct Pallas in 3rd in Aquarius - this gives him access to an ability for psychic visions, or at least glimpses

.. and no doubt many other reasons, but its very late and I must stop.

blessings Upasika

Rad

Hi Ari,

Thanks for making the effort you have to do the EA of why Darwin chose his Antiquarian Sun sign. Your EA analysis was very succinct, accurate,  and the EA reasoning employed very sound.

This is how EA is meant to be done.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Upasika,

Thanks for taking the time you have to do the EA of why Darwin chose to have the Aquarius Sun that he did. Your EA analysis of the past that brought him to the life as Darwin was simply exceptional EA, very accurate, the extremely well reasoned. That background is essential in understanding the 'why' of his Soul's choice as to the Sun sign he did choose.

Exceptional EA work Upasika. Bravo.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Upasika, Gonzalo, Kristin, Linda, Mirta, Gray , and Ari

All of you have done wonderful EA work on Darwin's chart to date. I would encourage you and all others who are reading this thread to read all of what you each of you has written for it portrays a complete and accurate understanding of the Soul of Charles Darwin to date.

Next week will begin again.

Until then God bless all of you , Rad