School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

JWG'S Planetary Method of Chart Interpretation ...

Started by Rad, Feb 15, 2013, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upasika

Hi Rad,

I was wondering about Venus. I have been thinking there is a reasonable likelihood that Venus was actually in the 4th house.

For that to be the case the birth time would only need to be 2 minutes earlier. Which as you've mentioned before also is very plausible, as at the exact birth occurrance itself those present are often fully focussed on that, and its only immediately after that they remember to glance at the clock and that's the time that sticks. Hence in this scenario birth would have been at 2:58 (say), but the clock wasn't sighted until immediately afterwards at 3pm.

I'm also always initially questioning of birth times that occur excactly on the hour, I always suspect that they may have been rounded off to that, although of course it's as possible as any other time.

But the reasons I feel it's likely Venus was in the 4th are...

a) Darwin had decided to marry because, although he knew it would rob him of a great deal of time that he would rather use for doing science, he felt that a wife and family would be a great source of nourishment, both while he was doing his work, and also he knew that as he got older and more vulnerable the children would in turn support him and his wife. Also he did not fancy being alone without a companion when he was older. So for these three reasons he decided to marry. And during his whole life he was always very much a genuine family man. He loved his wife very much, and also all his many children, of which he had quite a few.

b) It also correlates very well with his love of geology. On an external level the 4th house can correlate to real estate, and land in general, and Darwin loved (Venus) exploring land formations.

c) The 4th house is also about attaining inner emotional security. Darwin's mother died when he was 8, which at that age would have removed a major source of external emotional security. He also couldn't talk about it with his sisters as they were too traumatised by her death. So he was thrown back onto himself regarding it, to such an extent that as an adult he realised had lost almost all memory of her, including what she looked like.

I thought I'd ask now before we got any further into it, in case you felt there was any validity in the possibility and it was worth making the adjustment...

thank you & blessings,
Upasika

Rad

Quote from: Upasika on Mar 25, 2013, 05:14 AM
Hi Rad,

I was wondering about Venus. I have been thinking there is a reasonable likelihood that Venus was actually in the 4th house.

For that to be the case the birth time would only need to be 2 minutes earlier. Which as you've mentioned before also is very plausible, as at the exact birth occurrance itself those present are often fully focussed on that, and its only immediately after that they remember to glance at the clock and that's the time that sticks. Hence in this scenario birth would have been at 2:58 (say), but the clock wasn't sighted until immediately afterwards at 3pm.

I'm also always initially questioning of birth times that occur excactly on the hour, I always suspect that they may have been rounded off to that, although of course it's as possible as any other time.

But the reasons I feel it's likely Venus was in the 4th are...

a) Darwin had decided to marry because, although he knew it would rob him of a great deal of time that he would rather use for doing science, he felt that a wife and family would be a great source of nourishment, both while he was doing his work, and also he knew that as he got older and more vulnerable the children would in turn support him and his wife. Also he did not fancy being alone without a companion when he was older. So for these three reasons he decided to marry. And during his whole life he was always very much a genuine family man. He loved his wife very much, and also all his many children, of which he had quite a few.

b) It also correlates very well with his love of geology. On an external level the 4th house can correlate to real estate, and land in general, and Darwin loved (Venus) exploring land formations.

c) The 4th house is also about attaining inner emotional security. Darwin's mother died when he was 8, which at that age would have removed a major source of external emotional security. He also couldn't talk about it with his sisters as they were too traumatised by her death. So he was thrown back onto himself regarding it, to such an extent that as an adult he realised had lost almost all memory of her, including what she looked like.

I thought I'd ask now before we got any further into it, in case you felt there was any validity in the possibility and it was worth making the adjustment...

thank you & blessings,
Upasika

Hi Upasika,

Of course any birth time that is reported can be off a few minutes, or more. But this is the time reported for this birth chart. To not use that time would then become nothing but speculation. Relative to your reasons for considering that his Venus may be in the 4th just take those statements and now link them to his 2nd House Moon not to mention all the various S.Nodes of planets there, Chiron, and his Sun. His Moon also squares the 10th House Mars in Libra which of course rules the Venus in question which is also conjunct his natal Vesta IN THE FOURTH. All of these symbols, when combined, equal to me the various points you have made.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Upasika, Kristin, Ari, Linda, Gonzalo, Gray, and Mirta ...

First I wish to commend all of you again for doing just incredible EA work, and for taking the time you each have to commit to developing this thread on JWG's Planetary Method of Chart Interpretation. All of you are also helping many others understand this method, others who simply come here to read this thread. So bravo to all of you.

We are now ready to continue on in developing the next step in our planetary method.

From JWG:

The next step after understanding the integrative principle of the Sun and the purpose and meaning it is giving to life experience in general, our very next step is then to move to the moon itself. Why? The current life moon, the natal moon, and the nodes are going to reflect a spiritual law, the trinity, from the earth point of view the phenomenon of past, present, and future. We have the north and south nodes of the moon and what this is correlating to psychologically is a universal experience we call the dynamic tension that exist in all people between the past and the future, as experienced in each moment of our life.  That's the natal moon in relationship to its nodal axis. We have an evolving ego, i.e. from south node to north node.  How that evolving ego is integrated on a consistent basis (moon) is the natal moon itself by house and sign.

Audience: Could you go over that again?

Jeffrey: We have a thing called the dynamic tension between the past and the future that we all experience, yes? That dynamic tension as experienced in each moment of our life  is contained in your natal moon. How we integrate the potential insecurity linked with our past and our future experienced in the moment is our natal moon.  It creates cohesion, self-consistency, understand? It's that place in you, the dynamic in you, that can say, "This is who I used to be, this is who I am trying to become." That voice is your natal moon; do you understand my point?

Audience: Can you give an example of that?

Jeffrey: All of you in this room know as your life experience that you are in a dynamic state of becoming, yes? You know you have a past; you know you have a feeling to go into--toward--your future, which is the experience of the moment, yes? The experience of these two things in the moment is your moon. How you experience that is your natal moon by its own house and sign.

Audience: Let's say the moon was conjunct one end or the other of the nodal path, for example, the north node, would there be more orientation toward the future than the past and really more conflict about trying to integrate the south node somehow with Pluto?

Jeffrey: Each case is unique and you have to always overlay this with karmic evolutionary requirements. The experience of it depends on the person, including the observed evolutionary state; one size does not fit all. If I had the moon on the south node and I am in consensus state, for example, how I am responding to that inwardly would be vastly different than if I had that moon /south node and I am in, say, an individuated state, or a spiritual state, you see. In all cases you are looking at the phenomenon of something being unresolved in a prior life, at an emotional level, that the person is bringing forward into the current life in order to re experience with the intention of resolving it.  

If you have moon square the nodes, and really anytime you have a planet square the nodes, including the moon or Pluto, in evolutionary terms you have what are called skipped steps. And in the current context the person has been flip flopping back and forth, back and forth. And in evolutionary terms, karmic requirement, the person must recover those skipped steps in order to evolutionary proceed. Until that recovery is made they are blocked, you see my point now? Are we clear on the methodology as we are proceeding? That's my main intention at the moment, are we clear at the moment? Anybody still not clear? Good!

Now, another way of looking at this is why we are going to be using the moon in this sequence. The moon is how each of us lives with ourself inwardly on a moment-to-moment basis. It is how we are giving personal form and definition to what we call our reality. It is way for us to make it personally secure. All human beings have a need to feel secure. Of course the issue is what constitutes security.  But the phenomenon of feeling secure is a constant for all human beings. It is like the need to put an anchor in the sea instead of just letting the boat drift where it wants to go. That is your ego. That is your anchor in the sea. That is the anchor into your unconscious. That is the anchor into your soul. Do you understand my point?  

That is the way for you to personally relate to what your evolutionary intentions are relative to the purpose that is described by the Sun. It is a way for you to live with it, to feel emotionally secure because of it. The house and sign of your moon and the aspects it makes describe how that process is done. It is that simple. Yes?

Audience: I'm sorry, is that the security"¦"¦"¦(Inaudible)"¦"¦"¦"¦

Jeffrey: Yes, this is why we have a triad among Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces. See this is the ultimate meaning when we have the moon linked with Scorpio and Pisces.  We have this natural triad, and very few astrologers will tell you that the ultimate secret of Cancer and the moon is to realize that the moon itself is the source of its own insecurity. This is why it is a Cardinal archetype, two steps forward and one step back. We want to initiate change and we freak out and we want to recover"¦(Inaudible)"¦"¦  

But the ultimate teaching of the moon is reflected in the dark side of the moon, the side we never see. And the reason that the moon creates its own insecurity is to ultimately realize (Pisces) security from within, linked with an inner reality that has nothing to do with the external environment. When you link this through Scorpio, this is why all of us at various points in our journey misapply our trust into people--in order to experience emotional betrayal, abandonment and loss to enforce inner security. This is why.

Audience: That wouldn't"¦(Inaudible)"¦"¦ It seems to be reinforcing what you developed in the past.
Jeffrey:  No you are not listening; you're not interpreting right. You don't understand reality unless you listen carefully and objectively to the words. What you have just heard is that the ultimate intention of the Cancer/Scorpio triad is to learn absolute state of inner security from within. Now you have heard it rightly.

So what we want to focus on now, first of all, is the Moon's direct correlation to egocentric structure of the Soul for Darwin: past, present, and future. We have already developed the S.Node of the Moon with it's ruler Venus in Aries with the various aspects to it. This of course will correlate to the past lives egocentric structure that the Soul of Darwin created for his Soul that allowed for personal "I" to be formed relative to the evolutionary intentions for his Soul.

In the life of Darwin his Soul chose to have a Capricorn Moon in the 2nd House that is forming various aspects to other planets including his Mars in Libra in the 10th that is ruled by his Venus which is the ruler of his S.Node of the Moon. So we can see here the continuation of the egocentric structure of Darwin from those past lives leading the current life. Additionally, his Moon is conjunct the S.Nodes of Jupiter, Pluto, Saturn, Vesta, Venus, and Mercury. All of these are ruled by Saturn of course which is conjunct Neptune in Sagittarius in his 12th which trine that natal Venus in his 3rd.

So at this stage let's do an EA analysis of the egocentric structure that Darwin chose, and why. What type of egocentric structure is it ? How does this egocentric structure correlate to Darwin's underlying evolutionary intentions for the current life, and how the past life dynamics are continued into the current life of Darwin.

How is the dynamic tension of the past, future, and manifest in each moment experienced by the egocentric structure of Darwin ? How is the ultimate evolutionary need to learn inner security being worked upon by the Soul of Darwin in this egocentric structure ?

How does Darwin SEE HIMSELF FROM WITHIN ? Linked with his Sun how does the current life egocentric structure inwardly identify with his current life purpose ? How is that purpose creatively actualized in the context of Darwin's egocentric structure ?

What are the nature of his emotions and why .. i.e. the basis of his emotions ? How does he emotionally relate to himself and others ? The Moon, among other symbols, correlates to the type of parents and the environment that the Soul chooses to be born into for relative to it's evolutionary intentions. What type of environment did Darwin choose, and why ? What type of parents did he choose, and why ? How does this early life conditioning then affect the egocentric formation of Darwin ? How does this affect his own capacity to parent ? And what type of parent would he be ?

Within all of this we also need to consider his N.Node of the Moon for these directly correlates to the ever evolving egocentric structure wherein the very nature of that necessary evolution reflects to underlying, and ongoing, evolutionary intentions of the Soul itself. Thus we need to understand how the S.Node of the Moon interacts with the natal Moon, and how both of these interacts with the future evolutionary pull of the evolving ego as symbolized by his N.Node of the Moon in Scorpio. And for him he has natal Uranus conjuncts that N.Node. This means, as we know, that that N.Node has already, prior to the current life, been in the process of being developed by the Soul.

So let's try to put all this together in our EA analysis of the Moon in Darwin's chart.

This are some of the core dynamics that we will need to address in our next step.

If you have any questions please ask them of me now.

God Bless, Rad

Upasika

QuoteAll of these symbols, when combined, equal to me the various points you have made

Hi Rad,

Well it was just an idea I had been wondering about, as I thought perhaps Vesta in the 4th might not have been enough. But then I knew, and as you've pointed out, "treasure thine family!" would have been indelibly stamped on his Soul from that 2nd house time long ago ... plus the Moon-Mars-Venus connection you referred to adds a link to his love for his family. So thanks for clearing it up.

blessings Upasika

ari moshe

Hi Rad and everyone - checking in, my intention is to post here the next step on the Moon by this weekend.
With much love, am

Rad

Hi Mirta, Linda, Gonzalo, Kristin, Upasika, and Gray

Please let me know where you are all at concerning this next step in our analysis of this chart.

God Bless,Rad

Upasika

Hi Rad,

This is a very busy time for me on various fronts, and I haven't had any time to look at it yet. Hoping to be able to post by at Friday latest, but aiming for mid week or sooner if I can. (But if it does take me all week I'll understand if you need to move on, and I'd catch up somehow).

blessings Upasika

Gray

Hi Rad,

I am working on it and have a "thesis" so to speak put together, some writing and a basic outline- I know what I want to write about I just need to "fill in the blanks."  I had a brand new class that I teach begin this past week, so I have been busy with my teaching job. However, "the dust has settled" with that as they say, and so I believe I will be able to have something posted by the end of this weekend.

Thank you again for this opportunity of the "the planetary method,"
Gray

mirta

Hi Rad,
I am working but delayed, I believe to be able to post on tuesday.
Thanks so much
God Bless
Mirta

Rad

Hi Gonzalo,

Quote from: Gonzalo on Apr 05, 2013, 11:17 PM

So, the questions that arise are, first, can the guilt exist as such, without connecting with desires to atone or to hurt, ie. without deriving in masochism or sadism? 

Yes and this can occur for many reasons / 'rationalizations' that then have the affect of either transmuting the guilt and/ or repressing it. In Darwin's case his guilt was in fact transmuted by way of his inner justifications which were linked with his work and the special destiny he inwardly felt from 'on high": his Lucifer in Virgo in the 9th. This is then restated relative to his Moon in Capricorn which is ruled by his Saturn conjunct Neptune in Sagittarius in the 12th.

Second, does the atonement dynamic have any natural role in reducing the guilt, or alleviating the Virgo feelings of not deserving "¦ or is this only an illusion the Soul creates because of the felt need for punishment, because of how the experienced guilt is interpreted?

If the guilt is rooted in man made laws versus Natural Laws the answer is yes. If rooted in Natural Laws the answer is no.

Also, is it possible for Souls dealing with guilt to create the "˜same Soul' or "˜split Soul'  phenomenon, where one of the personalities and series of lives manifested by one of the "˜same Souls' carries the guilt and acts on the desires to atone, while the other "˜same Soul' continues to evolve with some other strategy to deal with the guilt?

Yes, this can happen.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Gonzalo,

Quote from: Gonzalo on Apr 06, 2013, 10:59 AM
Hi Rad

Thanks so much for answering these questions.

QuoteSo, the questions that arise are, first, can the guilt exist as such, without connecting with desires to atone or to hurt, ie. without deriving in masochism or sadism? 

Yes and this can occur for many reasons / 'rationalizations' that then have the affect of either transmuting the guilt and/ or repressing it. In Darwin's case his guilt was in fact transmuted by way of his inner justifications which were linked with his work and the special destiny he inwardly felt from 'on high": his Lucifer in Virgo in the 9th. This is then restated relative to his Moon in Capricorn which is ruled by his Saturn conjunct Neptune in Sagittarius in the 12th.

But what does 'transmutation' of the guilt mean ? Does it mean that, while the natural guilt will not dissapear,  it will be used as a prod or stimulus to do something which is benefficial for others, or fulfills a purpose given from 'on high'?

Yes, because it is inwardly perceived / understood to be a much larger purpose that the source of the natural or learned guilt itself. Thus, rationalized.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Hi Rad, checking in again - I'm just getting started on this now, i anticipate another couple days till I post.
With much love,
am

Gray

Hi again Rad and all,

Just an update for my progress- I became ill over the weekend and did not end up doing any work on this. So I am probably a couple of days away from posting, unless I get a lot done today.
with gratitude,
Gray

Gonzalo

Hi Rad, and group

I'm now posting my notes, somehow fragmentary, on the Moon archetype in Darwin's chart.
Thanks so much Rad for your guidance and  teaching of this amazing methodology
God Bless, Gonzalo

Moon Archetype

"We must die as egos and be born
again in the swarm, not separate
and self-hypnotized, but individual
and related."

-Henry Miller, Sexus

The Moon is in the 2nd House Capricorn, ruling Cancer in the 8th House cusp. The 4th House cusp is Aries, ruled by Mars in the 10th House Libra, which is Crescent square the Moon. These symbols reflect an emotional nature which comes into the current life fundamentally repressed, and an egocentric structure or personality which is not in contact with the inner emotional states existing within the Soul. These symbols reflect a prior defense to emotional pain, in which the Soul has chosen to build barriers in order to avoid the impact of intense emotions including pain, grief, guilt, anger and disillusionment, resentment, and futility "¦ The Moon in Capricorn and the 4th House ruler being in the 10th House reflect an inner state of MOURNING originating in the experiences of loss of family relationships and children, which we have discussed in this thread, defining how the individual inwardly feels and its overall tone of relatedness with self and others (Moon 2nd House, Mars Libra). The conscious self is permeated by feelings of guilt which is connected with the dynamics creating the past experiences of loss in parenting.

Coming into the current life, the Soul chose to be born through a biological family in which its own emotional needs would be unmet, and instead, would receive the impact of judgments including religious judgments, and a disciplinarian education, as a reflection of the inner state of repression. The mother would have been more or less emotionally and sexually repressed, controlled, and unavailable and not nurturing at a physical and emotional level for the child. She was already 43 or 44 when Charles was born. "She breed doves at their home, and she explained plants and flowers to Charles when he was young. But her health had never been good, and through the years of the marriage she became increasingly weak, and withdrawn from the young children" (Source: Darwin's mother and the miniature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc7wSLIx5fs).

Further, the child experienced the mother's death when he was eight. It seems the cause of the mother's death was related to "gastrointestinal symptoms that were probably a sign of either a severe ulcer or stomach cancer" (Wikipedia article con Susannah Darwin) - Moon square Mars, and Darwin would later manifest severe gastrointestinal symptoms too. At the time of the mother's death transiting Ceres was rx conjunct the natal Moon of Charles, and conjuncting the SNs of Saturn, Venus, etc.; the transiting SN of Ceres was conjunct natal Saturn, ruler of the Moon. Transiting Mars was conjunct the Moon's South Node. Darwin wrote in his Autobiography "My mother died in July 1817, when I was a little over eight years old, and it is odd that I can remember hardly anything about her except her death-bed, her black velvet gown, and her curiously constructed work-table". In his "Autobiographical fragments" written much earlier, he wrote "when my mother died I was 8 ½ years old and Catherine one year less, yet she remembers all particulars and events of each day whilst I scarcely recollect anything (and so with very many other cases) except being sent for, the memory of going into her room, my father meeting me-crying afterwards. I recollect my mother's gown and scarcely anything of her appearance, except one or two walks with her. I have no distinct remembrance of any conversation, and those only of a very trivial nature. I remember her saying "if she did ask me to do something", which I said she had, "it was solely for my good" [Quoted by Carolyne Dever in: Death and the Mother from Dickens to Freud: Victorian Fiction and the Anxiety of Origins]. This book proposes, as the title reveals, that the death of the mother was a motive for Darwin's search of 'origins', which of course is confirmed by the birthchart (the Moon is connected by rulership to Saturn/Neptune in the 12th House, the Moon's North Node is ruler by Pluto in Pisces).  

"She was often to suffer the blunt of her husband's frequent outbursts of rage, and she died under slightly mysterious circumstances when Charles was eight years old" (Sopurce: http://www.thedarwinpapers.com) - Mars 10th House square the Moon. "In a scene eerily reminiscent of Darwin's grandmother's passing, his mother's last fortnight on earth was characterized by vomiting and severe gastro-intestinal pain while being tended to by her husband, Dr. Robert, as he administered VAST QUANTITIES OF THE OPIUM DERIVATIVE LAUDANUM to her." Moon ruled by Saturn conjunct Neptune in the 12th House. With the Mars square to the Moon, this looks like a possibility that the mother were killed by the father"¦ Susannah, the mother (born 23/Jan/1765 in Burlem, England), had Pluto/Venus Balsamic conjunct in Capricorn, square Mars in Aries, South Node in Virgo, North Node in Pisces, ruled by Neptune in Virgo, ruled by Mercury in Aquarius. This Mercury is conjunct the father's Mars in Aquarius (Robert Darwin, born 30/May/1766 in Lichfield, England), which conjuncts his own North Node in Aquarius, ruled by his Uranus in Aries. Robert Darwin had South Node in Leo, conjunct Jupiter, ruled by the Sun in Gemini, ruled by Mercury in Taurus square his nodes, and conjunct Susannah's Saturn in Taurus, the ruled of her Pluto/Venus. Composite Neptune/Mars are in opposition, and conjunct the Nodes in Virgo/Pisces). It is said that Robert Darwin didn't want to be a doctor, and that he studied medicine only to avoid losing his part on his family inheritance. Biographer's record that "within a day of Susannah's death the dutiful Dr. Robert was fifty miles away attending one of his patients, which seems rather odd for the grieving widower, since he actually detested the practice of medicine".

The Mars in the 10th House square to the Moon in Capricorn indicate anger or rage against the father. He said about his father, "he was a little unjust to me when I was young, but afterwards I am thankful to think that I became a prime favourite with him." (Wikipedia, article on Darwin's Health). Here we see the effect of repression in conditioning the orientation to patriarchal, external source of validation and social goals.

Cancer being in the 8th House cusp reflects the intensity of the inner states that have been repressed, and the overall intention to metamorphose the egocentric structure, which would need to occur through cyclic experiences of "˜death' and rebirth. The need for this intensity of experiences has been created by the fixity of past egocentric orientation (South Node 5th House Taurus), which has been a causal factor for repressing the emotional states in order to keep heading toward the ego defined goals despite experiencing emotional pain. Uranus conjunct the North Node in the 11th House reflects the need to create traumas in order to unlock these emotional states existing within the Soul. The loss of the mother was just one of these traumas in the current lifetime. With the natal Moon conjuncting the south nodes of Jupiter, Pluto, Saturn, Venus, Vesta, and Mercury, all in Capricorn, we can see that these types of trauma caused by the loss of family relationships, and the repressive response thereof, have been occurring in the Soul's history since much older times, and specifically the times of transition from matriarchal times to matriarchy. Also, we see the potential that the current life mother has been a mother to Charles Soul in prior lifetimes, or that they have been involved in family relations where these traumas have occurred in the past. If we have a look at the composite chart between Charles and his mother Susannah, it is amazing to me that they have a massive stellium of planets in Aquarius, and the Nodal Axis is in Cancer/Capricorn. The Aquarius stellium comprises Pluto, Moon, Sun, Venus, Chiron, Saturn, and Mercury. With this, it would seem to me like this composite chart, directly connects with the Pluto/Neptune/Uranus conjunction of 5036 BC (I'm overwhelmed by the synchonicity), and the traumas that the human species created during implementation of patriarchal family structures, ie. how man made laws and structures were violently imposed and replaced the biological memory of the species and the original matriarchal family structure that was aligned with the biological memory.  

Cancer being in the 8th House cusp, the South Node being in the 5th House Taurus, ruled by Venus in Aries, Mars in the 10th House being the ruler of both the 4th and the 5th Houses, and the Moon being in Capricorn in the 2nd House Capricorn, reflect the intensity of desires for the mother which is denied access by the law of the father, frustrating the capacity for joy, while the anger toward the father is repressed for the sake of maintaining and reproducing the social order created by the law of the father. The crescent square between the Moon and Mars demonstrates the internalization of the law of the father leading to being defined by a state of lack. Given that the South Node ruler Venus in Aries the 3rd House, is conjunct Vesta in Aries in the 4th House, and the Moon in the 2nd House is conjunct the SN Vesta, both in Capricorn, natural sexual desires for the communal mothers and sisters in pre-patriarchal times became desire for "˜this' woman who happens to be "˜my' mother or "˜my' sister within the patriarchal family. Because the communal "˜mother' (or sister), became a nuclear family "˜mother' (or sister), the word "mother" or "sister" originally referring to a series of women, became a word referring to specific, individual  females. Thus, sexual desire was placed in the disjunction of either desiring the mother against the law of the father, and falling under madness of perversity, or accepting the law of the father and repressing desires, and sexual desires, for the mother. Further, connective syntheses, "˜and, and' ie. this woman is my mother "˜and' I feel sexual desire for her, were replaced by  disjunctive syntheses, "˜either, or', ie. "˜either' this woman is my mother/sister, "˜or' this woman is someone I can desire and have sex with. Thus, A cannot be not-A (South Node ruler Venus in the 3rd House, Aries, ruled by Mars in the 10th House). Thus, by means of emotional castration, the ego became entrapped in the triangulation between mother and father: "who do you love most, mommy or daddy?" The phallus became the distributor of the lack, where women, and the mother, became defined by "˜not having' the phallus, and God became a man, masculine image, representing the "a priori principle of the disjunctive syllogism, so that all things derive from it by a restriction (or division) of a larger reality". This is the Judgment of God: Venus 3rd House Aries trine Neptune/Saturn in the 12th House (Deleuze/Guattari - AntiOedipus, Capitalism and Schizophrenia). Thus, no evolution here, but creationism, and same time, competition between species, and individuals, and concepts, in which one has to prevail: the survival of the fittest. The price paid is the denial of joy, the repression of emotion, sensation, feeling and sexuality, a malnourished Soul in debt with itself, forming a restricted self-image and anal-retentive personality structure which needs to block all that is alive and moves within.  

We have seen with the North Node being in the 11th House Scorpio conjunct Uranus and Chaos, ruled by Pluto in Pisces in the 3rd House, and the Sun in Aquarius in the 2nd House, that the Soul attempts to metamorphose and subvert the prior limitations of the ego structure by totally revolutionizing the existing organization of thought, sensation, emotion, and sexuality. Why, then, does the Soul needed to create the Capricorn Moon current life ego? What is the evolutionary intention? In few words, it would seem that, once the Soul has created a prison cell for itself, when embracing the desires to liberate itself it must proceed with extreme caution and prudence.

With Scorpio on the North Node, ruled by Pluto in Pisces, the intensity of the desires to metamorphose, and to disorganize prior subjective arrangements, contain the danger of totally destroying self. As Castaneda wrote, when the Soul desires lead to the realm of the Nagual, real change and evolution of the Soul demand that the Tonal be preserved. Commenting on Castaneda's Tales of Power Deleuze/Guattari explain this beautifully. "The tonal seems to cover many disparate things: It is the organism, and also all that is organized and organizing; but it is also signifiance, and all that is signifying or signified, all that is susceptible to interpretation, explanation, all that is memorizable in the form of something recalling something else; finally, it is the Self (Moi), the subject, the historical, social, or individual person, and the corresponding feelings. In short, the tonal is everything, including God, the judgment of God, since it "makes up the rules by which it apprehends the world. So, in a manner of speaking, it creates the world." Yet the tonal is only an island. For the nagual is also everything. And it is the same everything, but under such conditions that the body without organs has replaced the organism and experimentation has replaced all interpretation, for which it no longer has any use. Flows of intensity, their fluids, their fibers, their continuums and conjunctions of affects, the wind, fine segmentation, microperceptions, have replaced the world of the subject. Becomings, becomings-animal, becomings-molecular, have replaced history, individual or general. In fact, the tonal is not as disparate as it seems: it includes all of the strata and everything that can be ascribed to the strata, the organization of the organism, the interpretations and explanations of the signifiable, the movements of subjectification. The nagual, on the contrary, dismantles the strata. It is no longer an organism that functions but a BwO that is constructed. No longer are there acts to explain, dreams or phantasies to interpret, childhood memories to recall, words to make signify; instead, there are colors and sounds, becomings and intensities (and when you become-dog, don't ask if the dog you are playing with is a dream or a reality, if it is "your goddam mother" or something else entirely). There is no longer a Self [Moi] that feels, acts, and recalls; there is "a glowing fog, a dark yellow mist" that has affects and experiences movements, speeds. The important thing is not to dismantle the tonal by destroying it all of a sudden. You have to diminish it, shrink it, clean it, and that only at certain moments. You have to keep it in order to survive, to ward off the assault of the nagual. For a nagual that erupts, that destroys the tonal, a body without organs that shatters all the strata, turns immediately into a body of nothingness, pure self-destruction whose only outcome is death: "The tonal must be protected at any cost." (Deleuze/Guattari, 28 Novembre 1947 - HOW DO YOU MAKE YOURSELF A BODY WITHOUT ORGANS? In: A Thousand Plateaus, Capitalism and Schizophrenia).

"I am saturnine-bereft-disconsolate,
The Prince of Aquitaine whose tower has crumbled:
My lone star is dead-and my bespangled lute
Bears the Black sun of Melancholia
"
Gerard de Nerval's poem "The Wretched"
(quoted in Stanton Marlan: The Black Sun - The Alchemy and Art of Darkness

Same time, and at a deeper psychological level, it is only by means of this extreme caution that the Soul can become aware of what needs to change in itself, and effect the transformation. The Moon in Capricorn in the 2nd House ruling the 8th House Cancer, relative to the North Node in Scorpio in the 11th House implies a Soul commitment to emotional transformation translating into a restricted sense of experience in which self-awareness is limited or confined to that which needs to decay and ultimately die within the personality. Wolf taught that within Creation all phenomena are interconnected. He also taught that the individual Soul is a composite of a variety of dynamics, each of them operating at different evolutionary rates. The North Node in the 11th House, and the Sun being in Aquarius, imply the potential of a total disorganization and disassociation because of the Soul desires to discover the universe within, and to evolve beyond prior egocentric structure. The individual consciousness can lose self-identity because of being submerged in the individual and collective unconscious: North Node Scorpio, ruled by Pluto in Pisces. This can lead to a situation in which the multiplicities of the inner or outer universes are in fact experienced, but remain unintegrated, and in which individual choice-making is felt as irrelevant, because in the end all causes and their effects are already connected from the point of view of non-linear time, and thus, the individual has no responsibility in the outcome of the process. On the contrary, the Moon in Capricorn is painfully demanding personal involvement occurring in time present, in the process of personal transformation between past and future. Thus, the necessary intensity of depression in which the individual, when picking the Capricorn natal Moon, has chosen to be confronted with its own darkness, in order to allow a transformation in the nature of desires: an integration of the inner darkness, or alchemical "˜nigredo', and not only the brightness of knowledge, or the loss of personal consciousness because of going too fast. It is like having to pass through a rabbit hole, as Alice did, in order to access the inner universe. The hole (Moon conjunct Orpheus) is the contraction implied in having to fully experience the own limitations. "The cure for suffering-which is the collision of consciousness with unconsciousness-is not to be submerged in unconsciousness, but to be raised to consciousness and to suffer more. The evil of suffering is cured by more suffering, by higher suffering. Do not take opium, but put salt and vinegar in the soul's wound, for when you sleep and no longer feel the suffering, you are not. And, to be, that is imperative (Miguel de Unamuno, The Tragic Sense of Life)". The Moon being exactly conjunct Orpheus restates the necessary descent to the underworld for Soul-retrieval, and the need not to proceed too quickly when coming back to surface; further, that the integration process is not about seeing, but more about feeling and hearing. Asteroid Euridice is exactly conjunct the Moon ruler, Saturn/Neptune in the 12th House, and the Moon exactly conjuncts asteroid Beatrix. These symbols reflect the call to enter the underworld resulting from the experiences of loss, the mourinig. Same time, they reflect that the Soul is receiving inner feminine guidance in the initiatory descent to its own inner darkness, in order to integrate and heal the feminine nature of sensation and emotional body, a portal leading to the inner universe for discovery of higher knowledge (the grand trine between Moon, Dark Moon Lilith and Urania, etc.).

Rad

Hi Gonzalo,

My god the depth and precision of your EA analysis as to why the Soul of Darwin chose the Capricorn Moon is simply incredible and brilliant: every part of your analysis that includes the relevant asteroids. Your uncovering of the causative dynamics of why his father and mother, which includes the original Vesta archetypes that led to a succession of the types of mothers his Soul chose to come through, is just exceptional EA work Gonzalo.

Your analysis reminded me of one of the Anton Chekhov plays in which a women is constantly wearing black. Someone finally asks her why she does this. And her answer reflects exactly what you have said about Darwin and his Capricorn Moon: "I am in mourning for my life".

Simply brilliant EA work Gonzalo. Your work reflects the very best of Evolutionary Astrology. This is how it is meant to be understood and applied.

God Bless, Rad