Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: JWG'S Planetary Method of Chart Interpretation ...  (Read 27813 times)
Gray

« Reply #90 on: Apr 05, 2013, 04:29 PM »

Hi Rad,

I am working on it and have a "thesis" so to speak put together, some writing and a basic outline- I know what I want to write about I just need to "fill in the blanks."  I had a brand new class that I teach begin this past week, so I have been busy with my teaching job. However, "the dust has settled" with that as they say, and so I believe I will be able to have something posted by the end of this weekend.

Thank you again for this opportunity of the "the planetary method,"
Gray
Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #91 on: Apr 05, 2013, 09:17 PM »

Hi Rad

While working on this stage of the analysis, a question arised I would like to ask to you, relating to guilt. Wolf taught that guilt is a manifestation of the Capricorn, 10th House, archetype. Also, that guilt can combine with desires to atone, which is a Virgo archetype, leading to a psychology of masochism. Further, guilt can be linked with anger, creating sadistic desires.

In this birthchart, the Moon being Capricorn, square Mars in the 10th House, reflect natural guilt existing in the Soul, which originates in experiences of loss in family relationships because of the dynamics that have been discussed: basically, alienation from family relationships because of the feeling of a especial destiny to fulfill of intellectual nature creating an egocentric orientation. Also, a dynamic of judgments and opinions and their impact on other Souls (basically, the South Node in the 5th House Taurus, ruled by Venus in Aries, with Venus being ruled by Mars in the 10th House, squaring the Moon, and Saturn square Mercury). An undefined feeling of guilt based on judgments of undefined or ultimate nature can also manifest through Pisces which is emphasized in this birthchart. However, it seems to me that this birthchart does not directly indicate masochism or desires to atone. Virgo is not much emphasized, except for the Pluto polarity point, Lucifer and Urania which are in Virgo. Possibly there was some level of sadism in Darwin's youth, reflected in the bird hunting. However, when he once held one of the dead birds in his hands and saw the blood, he could not continue with the hunting. Some level of sadism can be traced at an intellectual level in the idea of the survival of the fittest. But there are no direct desires to cause harm of a sadistic nature.

Desires to atone and to purge, and sadistic aggression can be viewed as ways to deal with the guilt. In this birthchart, it seems to me that the guilt is basically repressed and alienated from. This defense mechanism of course created its own consequences and a de facto atonement dynamic through the severe ‘psychosomatic’ illnesses Darwin manifested along most of his life including intense gastrointestinal problems, chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia, angina and panic attacks, etc. But, again, to me this appears to be manifestations of the desires not to deal with the intense emotional states, and the guilt, rather than a dynamic of atonement.

So, the questions that arise are, first, can the guilt exist as such, without connecting with desires to atone or to hurt, ie. without deriving in masochism or sadism? 

Second, does the atonement dynamic have any natural role in reducing the guilt, or alleviating the Virgo feelings of not deserving … or is this only an illusion the Soul creates because of the felt need for punishment, because of how the experienced guilt is interpreted?

Also, is it possible for Souls dealing with guilt to create the ‘same Soul’ or ‘split Soul’  phenomenon, where one of the personalities and series of lives manifested by one of the ‘same Souls’ carries the guilt and acts on the desires to atone, while the other ‘same Soul’ continues to evolve with some other strategy to deal with the guilt?

Thank you so much Rad for your help in clarifying these questions.

God Bless, Gonzalo
mirta

« Reply #92 on: Apr 06, 2013, 06:51 AM »

Hi Rad,
I am working but delayed, I believe to be able to post on tuesday.
Thanks so much
God Bless
Mirta
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #93 on: Apr 06, 2013, 07:56 AM »

Hi Gonzalo,

So, the questions that arise are, first, can the guilt exist as such, without connecting with desires to atone or to hurt, ie. without deriving in masochism or sadism? 

Yes and this can occur for many reasons / 'rationalizations' that then have the affect of either transmuting the guilt and/ or repressing it. In Darwin's case his guilt was in fact transmuted by way of his inner justifications which were linked with his work and the special destiny he inwardly felt from 'on high": his Lucifer in Virgo in the 9th. This is then restated relative to his Moon in Capricorn which is ruled by his Saturn conjunct Neptune in Sagittarius in the 12th.

Second, does the atonement dynamic have any natural role in reducing the guilt, or alleviating the Virgo feelings of not deserving … or is this only an illusion the Soul creates because of the felt need for punishment, because of how the experienced guilt is interpreted?

If the guilt is rooted in man made laws versus Natural Laws the answer is yes. If rooted in Natural Laws the answer is no.

Also, is it possible for Souls dealing with guilt to create the ‘same Soul’ or ‘split Soul’  phenomenon, where one of the personalities and series of lives manifested by one of the ‘same Souls’ carries the guilt and acts on the desires to atone, while the other ‘same Soul’ continues to evolve with some other strategy to deal with the guilt?

Yes, this can happen.

God Bless, Rad
Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #94 on: Apr 06, 2013, 08:59 AM »

Hi Rad

Thanks so much for answering these questions.

Yes and this can occur for many reasons / 'rationalizations' that then have the affect of either transmuting the guilt and/ or repressing it. In Darwin's case his guilt was in fact transmuted by way of his inner justifications which were linked with his work and the special destiny he inwardly felt from 'on high": his Lucifer in Virgo in the 9th. This is then restated relative to his Moon in Capricorn which is ruled by his Saturn conjunct Neptune in Sagittarius in the 12th.

But what does 'transmutation' of the guilt mean ? Does it mean that, while the natural guilt will not dissapear,  it will be used as a prod or stimulus to do something which is benefficial for others, or fulfills a purpose given from 'on high'?

God Bless,

Gonzalo
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #95 on: Apr 06, 2013, 09:22 AM »

Hi Gonzalo,

Hi Rad

Thanks so much for answering these questions.

But what does 'transmutation' of the guilt mean ? Does it mean that, while the natural guilt will not dissapear,  it will be used as a prod or stimulus to do something which is benefficial for others, or fulfills a purpose given from 'on high'?

Yes, because it is inwardly perceived / understood to be a much larger purpose that the source of the natural or learned guilt itself. Thus, rationalized.

God Bless, Rad
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #96 on: Apr 08, 2013, 01:08 AM »

Hi Rad, checking in again - I'm just getting started on this now, i anticipate another couple days till I post.
With much love,
am
Gray

« Reply #97 on: Apr 08, 2013, 05:37 PM »

Hi again Rad and all,

Just an update for my progress- I became ill over the weekend and did not end up doing any work on this. So I am probably a couple of days away from posting, unless I get a lot done today.
with gratitude,
Gray
Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #98 on: Apr 08, 2013, 11:43 PM »

Hi Rad, and group

I'm now posting my notes, somehow fragmentary, on the Moon archetype in Darwin's chart.
Thanks so much Rad for your guidance and  teaching of this amazing methodology
God Bless, Gonzalo

Moon Archetype

"We must die as egos and be born
again in the swarm, not separate
and self-hypnotized, but individual
and related."

—Henry Miller, Sexus

The Moon is in the 2nd House Capricorn, ruling Cancer in the 8th House cusp. The 4th House cusp is Aries, ruled by Mars in the 10th House Libra, which is Crescent square the Moon. These symbols reflect an emotional nature which comes into the current life fundamentally repressed, and an egocentric structure or personality which is not in contact with the inner emotional states existing within the Soul. These symbols reflect a prior defense to emotional pain, in which the Soul has chosen to build barriers in order to avoid the impact of intense emotions including pain, grief, guilt, anger and disillusionment, resentment, and futility … The Moon in Capricorn and the 4th House ruler being in the 10th House reflect an inner state of MOURNING originating in the experiences of loss of family relationships and children, which we have discussed in this thread, defining how the individual inwardly feels and its overall tone of relatedness with self and others (Moon 2nd House, Mars Libra). The conscious self is permeated by feelings of guilt which is connected with the dynamics creating the past experiences of loss in parenting.

Coming into the current life, the Soul chose to be born through a biological family in which its own emotional needs would be unmet, and instead, would receive the impact of judgments including religious judgments, and a disciplinarian education, as a reflection of the inner state of repression. The mother would have been more or less emotionally and sexually repressed, controlled, and unavailable and not nurturing at a physical and emotional level for the child. She was already 43 or 44 when Charles was born. “She breed doves at their home, and she explained plants and flowers to Charles when he was young. But her health had never been good, and through the years of the marriage she became increasingly weak, and withdrawn from the young children” (Source: Darwin's mother and the miniature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc7wSLIx5fs).

Further, the child experienced the mother's death when he was eight. It seems the cause of the mother’s death was related to “gastrointestinal symptoms that were probably a sign of either a severe ulcer or stomach cancer” (Wikipedia article con Susannah Darwin) – Moon square Mars, and Darwin would later manifest severe gastrointestinal symptoms too. At the time of the mother’s death transiting Ceres was rx conjunct the natal Moon of Charles, and conjuncting the SNs of Saturn, Venus, etc.; the transiting SN of Ceres was conjunct natal Saturn, ruler of the Moon. Transiting Mars was conjunct the Moon’s South Node. Darwin wrote in his Autobiography “My mother died in July 1817, when I was a little over eight years old, and it is odd that I can remember hardly anything about her except her death-bed, her black velvet gown, and her curiously constructed work-table”. In his “Autobiographical fragments” written much earlier, he wrote “when my mother died I was 8 ½ years old and Catherine one year less, yet she remembers all particulars and events of each day whilst I scarcely recollect anything (and so with very many other cases) except being sent for, the memory of going into her room, my father meeting me-crying afterwards. I recollect my mother’s gown and scarcely anything of her appearance, except one or two walks with her. I have no distinct remembrance of any conversation, and those only of a very trivial nature. I remember her saying “if she did ask me to do something”, which I said she had, “it was solely for my good” [Quoted by Carolyne Dever in: Death and the Mother from Dickens to Freud: Victorian Fiction and the Anxiety of Origins]. This book proposes, as the title reveals, that the death of the mother was a motive for Darwin's search of 'origins', which of course is confirmed by the birthchart (the Moon is connected by rulership to Saturn/Neptune in the 12th House, the Moon's North Node is ruler by Pluto in Pisces).  

“She was often to suffer the blunt of her husband's frequent outbursts of rage, and she died under slightly mysterious circumstances when Charles was eight years old” (Sopurce: http://www.thedarwinpapers.com) – Mars 10th House square the Moon. “In a scene eerily reminiscent of Darwin's grandmother's passing, his mother's last fortnight on earth was characterized by vomiting and severe gastro-intestinal pain while being tended to by her husband, Dr. Robert, as he administered VAST QUANTITIES OF THE OPIUM DERIVATIVE LAUDANUM to her.” Moon ruled by Saturn conjunct Neptune in the 12th House. With the Mars square to the Moon, this looks like a possibility that the mother were killed by the father… Susannah, the mother (born 23/Jan/1765 in Burlem, England), had Pluto/Venus Balsamic conjunct in Capricorn, square Mars in Aries, South Node in Virgo, North Node in Pisces, ruled by Neptune in Virgo, ruled by Mercury in Aquarius. This Mercury is conjunct the father’s Mars in Aquarius (Robert Darwin, born 30/May/1766 in Lichfield, England), which conjuncts his own North Node in Aquarius, ruled by his Uranus in Aries. Robert Darwin had South Node in Leo, conjunct Jupiter, ruled by the Sun in Gemini, ruled by Mercury in Taurus square his nodes, and conjunct Susannah’s Saturn in Taurus, the ruled of her Pluto/Venus. Composite Neptune/Mars are in opposition, and conjunct the Nodes in Virgo/Pisces). It is said that Robert Darwin didn’t want to be a doctor, and that he studied medicine only to avoid losing his part on his family inheritance. Biographer’s record that “within a day of Susannah's death the dutiful Dr. Robert was fifty miles away attending one of his patients, which seems rather odd for the grieving widower, since he actually detested the practice of medicine”.

The Mars in the 10th House square to the Moon in Capricorn indicate anger or rage against the father. He said about his father, "he was a little unjust to me when I was young, but afterwards I am thankful to think that I became a prime favourite with him." (Wikipedia, article on Darwin’s Health). Here we see the effect of repression in conditioning the orientation to patriarchal, external source of validation and social goals.

Cancer being in the 8th House cusp reflects the intensity of the inner states that have been repressed, and the overall intention to metamorphose the egocentric structure, which would need to occur through cyclic experiences of ‘death’ and rebirth. The need for this intensity of experiences has been created by the fixity of past egocentric orientation (South Node 5th House Taurus), which has been a causal factor for repressing the emotional states in order to keep heading toward the ego defined goals despite experiencing emotional pain. Uranus conjunct the North Node in the 11th House reflects the need to create traumas in order to unlock these emotional states existing within the Soul. The loss of the mother was just one of these traumas in the current lifetime. With the natal Moon conjuncting the south nodes of Jupiter, Pluto, Saturn, Venus, Vesta, and Mercury, all in Capricorn, we can see that these types of trauma caused by the loss of family relationships, and the repressive response thereof, have been occurring in the Soul’s history since much older times, and specifically the times of transition from matriarchal times to matriarchy. Also, we see the potential that the current life mother has been a mother to Charles Soul in prior lifetimes, or that they have been involved in family relations where these traumas have occurred in the past. If we have a look at the composite chart between Charles and his mother Susannah, it is amazing to me that they have a massive stellium of planets in Aquarius, and the Nodal Axis is in Cancer/Capricorn. The Aquarius stellium comprises Pluto, Moon, Sun, Venus, Chiron, Saturn, and Mercury. With this, it would seem to me like this composite chart, directly connects with the Pluto/Neptune/Uranus conjunction of 5036 BC (I'm overwhelmed by the synchonicity), and the traumas that the human species created during implementation of patriarchal family structures, ie. how man made laws and structures were violently imposed and replaced the biological memory of the species and the original matriarchal family structure that was aligned with the biological memory.  

Cancer being in the 8th House cusp, the South Node being in the 5th House Taurus, ruled by Venus in Aries, Mars in the 10th House being the ruler of both the 4th and the 5th Houses, and the Moon being in Capricorn in the 2nd House Capricorn, reflect the intensity of desires for the mother which is denied access by the law of the father, frustrating the capacity for joy, while the anger toward the father is repressed for the sake of maintaining and reproducing the social order created by the law of the father. The crescent square between the Moon and Mars demonstrates the internalization of the law of the father leading to being defined by a state of lack. Given that the South Node ruler Venus in Aries the 3rd House, is conjunct Vesta in Aries in the 4th House, and the Moon in the 2nd House is conjunct the SN Vesta, both in Capricorn, natural sexual desires for the communal mothers and sisters in pre-patriarchal times became desire for ‘this’ woman who happens to be ‘my’ mother or ‘my’ sister within the patriarchal family. Because the communal ‘mother’ (or sister), became a nuclear family ‘mother’ (or sister), the word “mother” or “sister” originally referring to a series of women, became a word referring to specific, individual  females. Thus, sexual desire was placed in the disjunction of either desiring the mother against the law of the father, and falling under madness of perversity, or accepting the law of the father and repressing desires, and sexual desires, for the mother. Further, connective syntheses, ‘and, and’ ie. this woman is my mother ‘and’ I feel sexual desire for her, were replaced by  disjunctive syntheses, ‘either, or’, ie. ‘either’ this woman is my mother/sister, ‘or’ this woman is someone I can desire and have sex with. Thus, A cannot be not-A (South Node ruler Venus in the 3rd House, Aries, ruled by Mars in the 10th House). Thus, by means of emotional castration, the ego became entrapped in the triangulation between mother and father: “who do you love most, mommy or daddy?” The phallus became the distributor of the lack, where women, and the mother, became defined by ‘not having’ the phallus, and God became a man, masculine image, representing the “a priori principle of the disjunctive syllogism, so that all things derive from it by a restriction (or division) of a larger reality”. This is the Judgment of God: Venus 3rd House Aries trine Neptune/Saturn in the 12th House (Deleuze/Guattari – AntiOedipus, Capitalism and Schizophrenia). Thus, no evolution here, but creationism, and same time, competition between species, and individuals, and concepts, in which one has to prevail: the survival of the fittest. The price paid is the denial of joy, the repression of emotion, sensation, feeling and sexuality, a malnourished Soul in debt with itself, forming a restricted self-image and anal-retentive personality structure which needs to block all that is alive and moves within.  

We have seen with the North Node being in the 11th House Scorpio conjunct Uranus and Chaos, ruled by Pluto in Pisces in the 3rd House, and the Sun in Aquarius in the 2nd House, that the Soul attempts to metamorphose and subvert the prior limitations of the ego structure by totally revolutionizing the existing organization of thought, sensation, emotion, and sexuality. Why, then, does the Soul needed to create the Capricorn Moon current life ego? What is the evolutionary intention? In few words, it would seem that, once the Soul has created a prison cell for itself, when embracing the desires to liberate itself it must proceed with extreme caution and prudence.

With Scorpio on the North Node, ruled by Pluto in Pisces, the intensity of the desires to metamorphose, and to disorganize prior subjective arrangements, contain the danger of totally destroying self. As Castaneda wrote, when the Soul desires lead to the realm of the Nagual, real change and evolution of the Soul demand that the Tonal be preserved. Commenting on Castaneda's Tales of Power Deleuze/Guattari explain this beautifully. “The tonal seems to cover many disparate things: It is the organism, and also all that is organized and organizing; but it is also signifiance, and all that is signifying or signified, all that is susceptible to interpretation, explanation, all that is memorizable in the form of something recalling something else; finally, it is the Self (Moi), the subject, the historical, social, or individual person, and the corresponding feelings. In short, the tonal is everything, including God, the judgment of God, since it "makes up the rules by which it apprehends the world. So, in a manner of speaking, it creates the world." Yet the tonal is only an island. For the nagual is also everything. And it is the same everything, but under such conditions that the body without organs has replaced the organism and experimentation has replaced all interpretation, for which it no longer has any use. Flows of intensity, their fluids, their fibers, their continuums and conjunctions of affects, the wind, fine segmentation, microperceptions, have replaced the world of the subject. Becomings, becomings-animal, becomings-molecular, have replaced history, individual or general. In fact, the tonal is not as disparate as it seems: it includes all of the strata and everything that can be ascribed to the strata, the organization of the organism, the interpretations and explanations of the signifiable, the movements of subjectification. The nagual, on the contrary, dismantles the strata. It is no longer an organism that functions but a BwO that is constructed. No longer are there acts to explain, dreams or phantasies to interpret, childhood memories to recall, words to make signify; instead, there are colors and sounds, becomings and intensities (and when you become-dog, don't ask if the dog you are playing with is a dream or a reality, if it is "your goddam mother" or something else entirely). There is no longer a Self [Moi] that feels, acts, and recalls; there is "a glowing fog, a dark yellow mist" that has affects and experiences movements, speeds. The important thing is not to dismantle the tonal by destroying it all of a sudden. You have to diminish it, shrink it, clean it, and that only at certain moments. You have to keep it in order to survive, to ward off the assault of the nagual. For a nagual that erupts, that destroys the tonal, a body without organs that shatters all the strata, turns immediately into a body of nothingness, pure self-destruction whose only outcome is death: "The tonal must be protected at any cost." (Deleuze/Guattari, 28 Novembre 1947 - HOW DO YOU MAKE YOURSELF A BODY WITHOUT ORGANS? In: A Thousand Plateaus, Capitalism and Schizophrenia).

"I am saturnine—bereft—disconsolate,
The Prince of Aquitaine whose tower has crumbled:
My lone star is dead—and my bespangled lute
Bears the Black sun of Melancholia
"
Gerard de Nerval's poem "The Wretched"
(quoted in Stanton Marlan: The Black Sun - The Alchemy and Art of Darkness

Same time, and at a deeper psychological level, it is only by means of this extreme caution that the Soul can become aware of what needs to change in itself, and effect the transformation. The Moon in Capricorn in the 2nd House ruling the 8th House Cancer, relative to the North Node in Scorpio in the 11th House implies a Soul commitment to emotional transformation translating into a restricted sense of experience in which self-awareness is limited or confined to that which needs to decay and ultimately die within the personality. Wolf taught that within Creation all phenomena are interconnected. He also taught that the individual Soul is a composite of a variety of dynamics, each of them operating at different evolutionary rates. The North Node in the 11th House, and the Sun being in Aquarius, imply the potential of a total disorganization and disassociation because of the Soul desires to discover the universe within, and to evolve beyond prior egocentric structure. The individual consciousness can lose self-identity because of being submerged in the individual and collective unconscious: North Node Scorpio, ruled by Pluto in Pisces. This can lead to a situation in which the multiplicities of the inner or outer universes are in fact experienced, but remain unintegrated, and in which individual choice-making is felt as irrelevant, because in the end all causes and their effects are already connected from the point of view of non-linear time, and thus, the individual has no responsibility in the outcome of the process. On the contrary, the Moon in Capricorn is painfully demanding personal involvement occurring in time present, in the process of personal transformation between past and future. Thus, the necessary intensity of depression in which the individual, when picking the Capricorn natal Moon, has chosen to be confronted with its own darkness, in order to allow a transformation in the nature of desires: an integration of the inner darkness, or alchemical ‘nigredo’, and not only the brightness of knowledge, or the loss of personal consciousness because of going too fast. It is like having to pass through a rabbit hole, as Alice did, in order to access the inner universe. The hole (Moon conjunct Orpheus) is the contraction implied in having to fully experience the own limitations. “The cure for suffering—which is the collision of consciousness with unconsciousness—is not to be submerged in unconsciousness, but to be raised to consciousness and to suffer more. The evil of suffering is cured by more suffering, by higher suffering. Do not take opium, but put salt and vinegar in the soul’s wound, for when you sleep and no longer feel the suffering, you are not. And, to be, that is imperative (Miguel de Unamuno, The Tragic Sense of Life)”. The Moon being exactly conjunct Orpheus restates the necessary descent to the underworld for Soul-retrieval, and the need not to proceed too quickly when coming back to surface; further, that the integration process is not about seeing, but more about feeling and hearing. Asteroid Euridice is exactly conjunct the Moon ruler, Saturn/Neptune in the 12th House, and the Moon exactly conjuncts asteroid Beatrix. These symbols reflect the call to enter the underworld resulting from the experiences of loss, the mourinig. Same time, they reflect that the Soul is receiving inner feminine guidance in the initiatory descent to its own inner darkness, in order to integrate and heal the feminine nature of sensation and emotional body, a portal leading to the inner universe for discovery of higher knowledge (the grand trine between Moon, Dark Moon Lilith and Urania, etc.).
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2013, 07:18 AM by Gonzalo » Logged
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #99 on: Apr 09, 2013, 08:31 AM »

Hi Gonzalo,

My god the depth and precision of your EA analysis as to why the Soul of Darwin chose the Capricorn Moon is simply incredible and brilliant: every part of your analysis that includes the relevant asteroids. Your uncovering of the causative dynamics of why his father and mother, which includes the original Vesta archetypes that led to a succession of the types of mothers his Soul chose to come through, is just exceptional EA work Gonzalo.

Your analysis reminded me of one of the Anton Chekhov plays in which a women is constantly wearing black. Someone finally asks her why she does this. And her answer reflects exactly what you have said about Darwin and his Capricorn Moon: "I am in mourning for my life".

Simply brilliant EA work Gonzalo. Your work reflects the very best of Evolutionary Astrology. This is how it is meant to be understood and applied.

God Bless, Rad

mirta

« Reply #100 on: Apr 09, 2013, 05:33 PM »

HI Rad and Group
Unforeseen circumstances made imposible to me working in the Moon these days, I will post on Thursday. I don't expect  that you all wait for me.
Thanks,God Bless
Mirta
Skywalker

« Reply #101 on: Apr 10, 2013, 04:53 AM »

Gonzalo, thank you for your amazing interpretation, I have been following this thread and also had this "oh my god" reaction when I saw your work.
Kristin

« Reply #102 on: Apr 10, 2013, 10:23 AM »

Thank you Rad for your tireless dedication to our growth ~thank you also to all who are contributing here. I am in awe of what is offered by you all. What a gift!
Peace,
Kristin

MOON in Capricorn in the 2nd

Darwin came out of the womb in mourning. The root of his grief was linked with the trauma that his family, in particular his children, endured and the fact that he was the source of this trauma, South Node in Taurus squaring Chiron in Aquarius,  ruler Uranus is station and conjunct the North Node in Scorpio suggesting he has been trying to re-enter this pool of pain, to take responsibility for the trauma he caused others he dearly loved in an attempt to heal the past, Moon in Cap, ruler Saturn balsamic to Neptune in Sag in the 12th . Beyond the grief,  it was the guilt that chained his heart and his Soul. He would have spent past lives in monasteries or in isolation repenting. He would have also spent lifetimes hiding behind not only his work but in families in more formal cultures where emotions were not embraced or discussed in order to safely repress and avoid the memories. The sheer weight of the grief and the guilt as well the sense of responsibility he carried can be seen with the South Nodes of Pluto, Saturn, Jupiter, Venus and Vesta and Mercury all in Capricorn conjunct his Moon.

With a 2nd House Cap Moon he was learning not only lessons in personal survival and thus his ground breaking research and discovery of the survival of the species, this signatures also reflects a Soul who was needing to support his own survival, as he would have not been nurtured nearly enough in the way that a child needs, feeling emotionally alone much of the time and literally on his own without a mother by the age of 8. Not only did he lose his mother when he was young, she had him when she was in her 40's  and was not healthy for most of Darwin’s life. With Aries on the 4th house cusp conjunct Vesta in Aries opposing Mars in Libra in combination, this would create an environment where he was forced to become independent right out of the gates, learning to emotionally take care of himself from as early as he can remember, he would soon realize this need to self provide in every way. Darwin did not have much of a childhood to speak of, he came out already a man, a man with deep penetrating anguish and grief, Moon in Cap, still grieving for not only the trauma of the past but where he had truly fallen short. One other reason he pulled in this emotionless mother beyond the fact that he himself wanted to avoid the sea of pain is that he felt that he did not deserve love because of the guilt that he carried from being a parent in the past, not being there for his children in times of critical need. He was too self absorbed and self focused in the past, per-occupied with his own work and personal pursuits unaware of the true needs of others around him, in particular his children, South Node in the 5th in Taurus, ruler, Venus in Aries, opposing Mars in the 10th. The guilt he carried forward is due to this lack of presence and the true narcissism that his needs and creative pursuits were more important than anything else, leading to the rug being pulled from underneath him, to shock his Soul so the pendulum would swing to establish more balance surrounding his responsibilities to his children. He has carried this energy of never being able to forgive himself for lifetimes for his lack of presence due to his self absorption. A metaphor for such a tragedy would be his family being asleep while he carelessly kept candles or an unattended fire burning while working late, he takes a walk, the house catches fire, the children parish and he survives. The bottom line was his pre-occupation with himself and his work. South Node in the 5th, ruler Venus in Aries in the 3rd opposing Mars in Libra in the 10th, squaring Moon in Cap in the 2nd. One minute he had everything and the next moment he lost it all. This trauma may have also extended beyond his own immediate family, involving extended family and others in his community or tribe seen in the Aquarian signature, Chiron in Aquarius square the Nodes, Uranus in Scorpio conjunct the North Noe in the 11th.

Darwin was forced to grow up young and fast with consistent, cold lessons in self reliance and rigid rules along the way reflected in the Moon in Cap in the 2nd.  He was raised in a wealthy proper family in traditional England whose father was a well known society doctor and financier, his mother was from the famous Wedgewood pottery family, South Node in Taurus and Moon in Cap in the second house. He undoubtedly was raised to keep his emotions in check and to hold back the tears when they bubbled deep beneath the surface, showing a sign of strength and control. As a result throughout his life these repressed emotions would have created an inner pressure and an added sense of loneliness with no one to share his deepest emotional currents with. This is similar also to his emotional body being a deserted island out in the middle of the sea with nothing but water beneath and surrounding him, Moon in Cap, ruler Saturn in Sag balsalmic to Neptune in the 12th house, held captive by the weight of their hold. There was vast emotion present yet it was kept separate, guarded and hidden from the world as for Darwin the sea was too dark and to scary to enter.  Darwin chose to be born into an environment where he would have the imprint an emotionless childhood, pulling in parents that were not only reserved and repressed emotionally themselves but also not at all emotionally available. This would mean he would not need to be forced to access his own inner emotional abyss of pain, anger and guilt. He could build a wall keeping himself separate from the past and all that these emotions reflect.

He was considered to be a solitary child who often took long walks alone exploring and often loved telling make-believes stories with immense fabrication to his family during gatherings, Moon in Cap in the 2nd, ruler Saturn in Sag in the 12th balsalmic to Neptune. He used story telling to keep his emotional and imaginary gates open, in order to allow whatever was humanly possible to filter in and to integrate what he was feeling but could not openly express. He would create make believe stories which would have involved characters that were fragments of him self. He was often asking the question why, why this and why not that for this questioning would lead to greater inner grounding, also this need for proof would serve to create greater inner balance when the answers came. Of course Darwin was always looking to the next horizon so emotionally was weighted down most of the time with the realm of possibilities of unanswered questions, those that also challenged his need for a supernatural creator,  that filled his heart and mind. The Moon in Cap in the 2nd would be forced to feel through and examine the more practical and realistic avenues for truth as the miracle maker that was written about in formal texts had let him down more than once. The end of this fantasy would serve to contribute to his grief and mourning. The Moon in Cap here represents in the past that Darwin in many lifetimes was brought back to earth, back to reality that God was not a man on a throne and the traumas of loss created a great anger at God for not saving his children or loved ones. Also a guilt not only at himself for feeling responsible in some way for what had occurred, ultimately he became progressively disillusioned in greater degrees with each lifetime, Moon in Cap, ruler Saturn in Sag balsalmic to Neptune in the 12th, all culminating in this life with the tragic loss of his favorite child. The anger at not only himself, but at God and at authority figures which would have included false teachers is also seen with the Moon in Cap squaring Mars in Libra in the 10th opposing Venus, ruler of the South Node. If he stays within his own closed box then he would not have to deal the pain of all that once was pure and true and yet would never be the same again, because of his actions and choices.

Darwin was surrounded by massive religious influence, the Church of England and Unitarian on his mother’s side- the ruler of the Moon in Cap is Saturn in Sag balsalmic to Neptune in Sag in the 12th. However it was the ideas of his grandfathers that laid the foundation for his later career as they were free thinking rationalists and humanists who challenged conventional thought in philosophy, politics, religion and science. There were also very interested in invention and did not set any limits for themselves, for example at the time they imagined air travel which people thoughts was totally crazy and yet it ultimately occurred. You can see this also reflected in the Moon in Cap in the 2nd, ruler Saturn in Sag in the 12th trining Venus in Aries, the ruler of his South Node. Also with the ruler of his Sun in Aquarius being conjunct the North Node in Scorpio in the 11th, grandfathers who challenged consensus thinking. There may have been some spiritual breathing space as Unitarian is a form of religion,  but more progressive for the time as it celebrates a diversity of belief - A free and responsible search for truth and meaning.  However there was plenty of the ‘us versus them mentality’, the religious dividing lines that breeds intolerance between people, projections and judgment of others of their beliefs. Darwin would have also felt these same projections and judgements within his family of origin, Moon in Cap square Mars in Libra in the 10th opposing Venus in Aries, ruler of his South Node in Taurus. Darwin's submergence into a family and societal setting such as this is due in part with that fact that we pick up where we left off and he was int he process of culminating lifetimes of old patriarchal relations and consensus religious influences within that. These connections culminating from the past can be seen with the ruler of the Moon in Cap being Saturn in Sag making a balsalmic conjunction to  Neptune in the 12th. His father and possibly his grandfather could have been higher ups in the various churches where Darwin may have been a monk or part of the clergy. Also it takes an extreme to counteract an extreme so in order for Darwin to experience his natural beliefs connect with his own inner rhythms it takes interfacing with all that you are naturally not. This extreme will force any Soul back into a better balance. His Moon in cap is squaring Mars in Libra, ruler is Venus in Aries which rules the South Node.  In the proceed this would allow him to culminate lifetimes of relationships with people who represented his running and hiding from his emotional body.

His father had high societal expectations of him , Mars in Libra in the 10th squaring his Cap Moon in the 2nd, wanted him to also become a doctor sending him to the prestigious Cambridge University but his father became annoyed with him went he slipped on his studies as Darwin eventually rebelled, Moon in Cap square Mars in Libra in the 10th, going against his father’s wishes as his heart was in the study of natural history and the laws of nature. Darwin harbored great anger with the father and there were plenty of things that he wished to say but held his tongue as he felt the father’s control, judgments and expectations that were crushing, Moon in Cap in the 2nd , squaring Mars in Libra in the 10th, opposing Venus in Aries in the 3rd, the ruler of the South Node. This extreme in what his father wanted for him and what he needed for himself would also serve to mirror the extreme of consensus expectation that he himself had also collected in his own Soul over time. He had fallen prey to the niceties that a fine existence offered in other times, and the recognition from society due to accomplishments from these ambitious pursuits that society revered as respectable. He would interface with this truth that these following what society or his father wanted for him never got him anywhere, that it only slowed him down. With  South Node in the 5th in Taurus and a Moon in Cap reflects him falling for the traditional temptations of being born a life of privileged but that there is a limit to anything and he would realize this luxury never filled him up, it only made him experience more emptiness. No matter how many accolades, accomplishments or fine bottles of wine he tasted, they would quickly be replaced with the feeling of wanting more, of what's next The Moon in Cap in the 2nd reflects him reaching the proverbial limit of the material world and his need now to bust past this place, North Node in Scorpio conjunct Uranus, to find MEANING in the truth of creation and in his connection to all those things he cannot touch or see. We know in this signature that there have been attempts in the past to liberate from the old patterns but he never quite got there, for the groove in the record was too deep.

In 1831, by the age of 22, his home, became a boat, when he had a once in a lifetime opportunity to travel the world, a grand sea-going adventure, Moon in Cap, ruler Saturn in Sag in the 12th balsalmic to Neptune. In 1835 he spent time in the Galapagos, and it was his findings while at home in the Galopogos that later led to his theory of natural selection. Moon in Cap, ruler Saturn in Sag in the 12th, an island in the middle of the sea. Also in researching the geodedics of this location, the Galopogos by location is 29 Cap, which conjuncts his Moon in Capricorn in the 2nd, ruler Saturn in Sag balsalmic to Neptune in the 12th in Sag. It was the findings in this location, a temporary home, that allowed him to later over time, Moon in Cap, put his research on the map. On a personal level, his Moon in Cap, ruler Saturn in Sag in the 12th would reflect this international traveling being a reflection of the ongoing running and hiding from his emotional prison of secrets.

Darwin had a two prong focus: His identity and sense of self was totally linked with his life’s work - Discovery, documentation and dissemination of natural laws. This can be seen with a Moon in Cap, ruler Saturn balsalmic to Neptune, ruler of his Pluto in Pisces. The second prong was being a devoted family man however emotionally balancing the two main priorities was his Achilles Heel and had been for lifetimes, Moon IN Cap square Mars in Libra in the 10th, opposing Venus in Aries, ruler of the South Node.

With Pluto in Pisces, and the ruler Neptune baslamic to Saturn in the 12th, Saturn being the ruler of his Moon in Cap, he also chose this Moon to allow him to stay grounded versus having his wild imagination flying around in the clouds and never being brought into sensible form. The Moon in Cap in the 2nd,  ruler Saturn in Sag, gave him legs to bring his dreams down to earth and to carry his visions forward, and in this life, ultimately to carry many lifetimes of attempts to closure, The Moon’s ruler Saturn is balsalmic to Neptune, ruler his his Pluto, in the 12th house.

Moon in Cap in the 2nd also connects to a Soul who has a natural need to reflect about all things, for Darwin, the ruler is Saturn in Sag in the 12th balsalmic to Neptune, he would need to reflect about the Origin of all things and how his progressive scientific uncovering would effect his emotional reality and his own personal fears regarding survival for his family. How would their lives be effected as a result? Would he see them again when they die?  This in turn would create a feeling of doom and gloom as the inevitable sat in the distance, for ‘grief waits for those who love’. Moon in Capricorn connects to his Soul embodying a seriousness and a depression that he couldn’t shake, this Moon in Cap would also lead to a high pressure that would persist in him for all of his living days and one that rendered him chronically sick and immuno-compromised.

This Soul has been shouldering immense responsibility as his Moon is not only in Capricorn but it is conjunct the South Nodes of Pluto, Saturn and Jupiter in Capricorn, this adding to his Soul’s need to take responsibility for what he has set in motion. Beyond the trauma he was responsible for creating, he would have experienced great trauma and a true lack of acceptance for his research and findings in the past as this Moon in Cap squares Mars in the 10th house, Mars being the ruler of his Venus in Aries, which is the ruler of the South Node in Taurus in the 5th, Chiron in Aquarius also square the Nodes. The trauma however cannot get in the way of his Soul’s intended destiny for he knows from some other place within himself that he must carry this through. The emotional pressure for Darwin was immense and it fed most of his battles involving poor health, in particular his heart palpitations, South Node in the 5th, ruler Venus in Aries in the 3rd opposing Mars in the 10th in Libra which squares his second house Moon in Cap. Also with a stellium in Pisces it would create an immune system that was more naturally challenged by emotional stress and the outer environment. He carried the weight of the world on his heart and on his shoulders. It is the the emotional weight that can lead to the most challenging body and health woes. Darwin’s physical health was a direct result of his emotional dis-ease. The dis-ease reflects all that he has emotionally carried that he cannot let himself off the hook for. The Moon in Cap in the 2nd, ruler Saturn in Sag in the 12th balsamic to Neptune is about the NEED TO FORGIVE HIMSELF. to remove himself from his own inner prison and to understand that the only way to healing is to take responsibility for what has occurred but for it not to paralyze him from moving on. To know that the natural God wants him to release the hold of the past and be free. It does not mean to be free of the guilt for GUILT IS NATURAL to CONSCIOUSNESS and necessary for Darwin to always have this within him for it will keep him from recreating the past dynamics that have caused him so much suffering. It is the learned guilt that accumulates that can literally suffocate a Soul preventing any evolution at all. This in combination with the emotioanl repression will cause volumes of distortion and rage. Ultimately this is when evil wins. With Darwin's Lucifer in Virgo squaring Saturn in the 12th,the ruler of his Moon in Cap in Sag, considering evil parks itself wherever we are most vulnerable, it is the self defeating, self sacrificing, masochistic thoughts that has become Darwin own belief system about himself, one where he deserves this pain and punishment forever until eternity for all he has done in this past, where he was careless and too self consumed. This will make its way deeply in to the physical corners of his body, in particular his heart, South Node in the 5th rooting itself there for all the negative emotions to feed upon. Even wallowing in his own grief was a form of self indulging in his pain from the loss of his favorite daughter. Following her death he was incapable of being the father his other children needed. He was unable to love and nurture them, causing trauma for them and re-igniting his own grief and guilt from the massive trauma that occurred in the past. This would also prove to feed the guilt as he would be unable to follow through on this parental priorities in a balanced way.

Family

Darwin married his cousin which can be seen with his South Node in Taurus, ruler Venus in Aries in the 3rd, inconjunct his North Node and Uranus. Venus, the South Node ruler also opposes Mars in Libra which square the Moon in Cap. Obviously this was not a traditional choice and the extended family signature can be seen with the North Node in 11th in Scorpio conjunct Uranus, not only because it was not the norm, but the Aquarian, Uranian archetype connects to extended family. Also with the ruler of the South Node, being Venus in Aries, opposing Mars in Libra and squaring the Moon in Cap, this can be sexual relations with someone like a sibling, someone within the family bloodline. Darwin chose this partner because her Soul knew all of his secret and was part of his part with respect to these traumas that brought hims such grief. She saw him for who he was and she loved him at his worst and so she was the safest bet. Moon in Cap, ruler Saturn balsalmic to Neptune in the 12th. Also the sign on the 7th is Gemini, ruler Mercury in Pisces in the 3rd which is balsalmic to Pluto in Pisces and squares the ruler Neptune as well as Saturn, the ruler of his Moon in Cap, reflects the partner who is like a sibling and who knows his secrets. She is also wanting to put this theme to rest and is committed to the culmination of this repeating theme of trauma as well as committed to helping him culminate his destined body of work.

“How paramount the future is to the present when one is surrounded by children."
Charles Darwin

The Darwin’s had ten children, two died in infancy. The abundant family can be seen with the ruler of his Moon in Cap being Saturn in Sagittarius in the 12th balsalmic to Neptune, which also reflects the loss of children. Moon in Cap describes the true weight of the grief he has carried for loss of family not only in this lifetime but in others and for his own experience of disillusionment surrounding death, in particular children. Chiron in Aquarius squares his nodes and the ruler is conjunct the North Node, suggesting this not only occurred in this life but it has been a theme of heartbreak for him more than once. His need Moon in Cap in the 2nd to father that many children was his Soul's attempt to make up for the past, to nurture well and to take care of as many children as possible as this ambitious approach to parenting would become the true TEST, Moon in Cap, when his favorite child dies. Darwin has moon in Cap in the 2nd also as a TEST for all that came before, a test to be present at all costs but the trauma would test his ability to nurture the other children in unforeseen ways.

Darwin’s favorite daughter, Annie, passed when she was only 10 . “ "Anne was the apple of her proud father's eye, his favorite child, he confessed to" [his friend and cousin William Darwin] Fox. "More than any of the other children she treated him with a spontaneous affection that touched him deeply; she liked to smooth his hair and pat his clothes into shape, and was by nature self-absorbedly neat and tidy, cutting out delicate bits of paper to put away in her workbox, threading ribbons, and sewing small things for her dolls and make-believe worlds."[1] This spontaneous affection would have been the secret ingredient needed to bring his Cap walls down, it worked like magic, ruler of his Moon in Cap being Saturn in Sag balsalmic to Neptune in the 12th which trines Venus in Aries, the ruler of his South Node.

Annie’s Mars was conjunct Darwin’s Uranus and North Node in Scorpio, she being the trigger for the trauma but also for what would prove to be the shock his Soul needed to open up to the larger picture of life after death. To force his own Soul from its perceived limits, Moon in Cap in the 2nd,to see the whole of all things, including life, death and the hereafter. They undoubtedly had a Soul contract coming into this life, knowing it would take some sort of cataclysm, North Node in Scorpio, conjunct Uranus in Scorpio to accelerate his evolution and in order to bring his ground breaking work to the planet.? Also because as we pick up where we left off, if he was not able to finish his work in prior lives due to the trauma, he would be forced to experience this again with the intent to prevail no matter what. Annie could help him on the other side. She would be a continuous reminder of life after death and to teach and remind him that in the end nothing ever really dies, that we must lose our attachment to the physical, Moon in Cap square Mars in Libra, pushing beyond the limits of our own container. The Soul contract can be seen with their Composite Saturn in Sag making an exact trine to Venus in Aries conjunct North Node of Mars in Aries. Also Their Composite South Node of Uranus is conjunct this Saturn, natal Uranus is in Cap conjunct Neptune, suggesting the trauma in this life with respect to her loss had been a theme from the past.
Annie may have proven to be his greatest teacher in this unveiling of the other side offering a window into another dimension, one that is very much alive and connected to the here and now. Darwin's South Node is in Taurus in the 5th, ruler Venus in Aries and this trines his Saturn, ruler of his Moon, the Saturn being balsalmic to Neptune, the ruler of his Pluto in Pisces, and they are both in the 12th. The loss of Annie became the self fulfilling prophecy reflected in the negative thought patterns set in motions lifetimes ago, that he deserved the cruelest form of punishment for his parental neglect. This self fulfilling prophecy linked with his feelings that he deserved repeated trauma also due to the inner FEAR of this repeating, is seen with the Moon in Cap squaring Mars in Libra, opposing ruler Venus in Aries, ruler of the South Node. Also the ruler of his Moon in Cap, Saturn, squaring Lucifer in Virgo, that he deserved the ultimate punishment, the loss of his most cherished child.

"We have lost the joy of the household, and the solace of our old age” Darwin

Darwin felt responsible for her death in some way and carried tremendous guilt as a result.  In 1849, Anne caught scarlet fever  and her health declined; some authorities believe that she suffered from tuberculosis. In vain pursuit of help from Gully's water cure, which failed to save her, she died. This devastated Charles. The guilt and grief carried forward to his grave can be seen with the Moon in Cap in the second, ruler Saturn balsalmic to Neptune in Sag in the 12th, a signature for the rivers of tears for the family loss and in some way feeling responsible, pinning her exit on these emotions of guilt that he didn’t do enough. Irrational emotions kept the wound wet and open for the remainder of his living days. With Uranus station on the North Node, Uranus being the ruler of Chiron which squares the Nodes but also the ruler of the Sun, in the second which is balsalmic to his Moon in Cap, he would be re-living the very same types of traumas which had caused his Soul to freeze, in order to evolve beyond them, this due to his Moon in Cap lessons in responsibility for all the relationships in his life in-particular his children.

Note:
In patriarchal myth, Lilith has been given some harsh names, one of which is her being labeled baby killer. Of course in her pure undistorted form she is powerful beyond measure, the embodiment of a self reliant, independent wild alluring woman. Her being given the name seductress and baby killer only came after she refused to submit to male patriarchal dominance. Her rage at these expectations warped with natural injustice ignited a vengeance in her in defense of her right to be free and to have equality, this led her down roads of distortion.  Darwin’s Lilith is conjunct his South Node in his 5th while making a T square to Chiron in Aquarius in the 2nd as well as his Moon in Cap,  and squaring Dark Moon Lilith in the 8th on the other side, reflecting the darkest shadow of this symbol and the loss of his 'baibies'

With a mind and consciousness like Darwin’s, he would feel alone a great deal of the time even when surrounded by people and he would feel as if no one truly understood his inner world. This was how Darwin preferred it to be for he did not want anyone to know who he was, there were too many deep dark secrets that he himself could not face or live with, so not only did he shut himself off from the world he emotionally shut himself off from himself. It would take his favorite child dying, and connecting with him from the astral realm in a place, that was far from the landscapes of his mind, perhaps only there would he truly feel met, touched and forgiven. Annie's Mars was not only in Scorpio on his North Node and Uranus in the 11th, astral plane, but her Pallas and her North Node were in Aquarius conjunct his Sun in Aquarius, she being the messenger from the astral realm. Her Sun and Uranus were also conjunct his Pluto in the 3rd house and these symbols trine his North Node and Uranus.

Jeffrey shared in his write-up on the plenary method that there is a dark side of the moon that people never see, reflecting the insecurity within. With respect to Darwin this dark side of his Moon in Cap is the grief that was strapped to his Soul, and the guilt for his role in the trauma created for his beloved children, this will haunt him for eternity.  

It also involves his imaginary world where he is visited by his daughter Annie from the other side, a world that is real beyond real to him, and yet others experienced him as hallucinating and spending far too much time in a world they can only understand as escape. It would be in this shadow, in this darkness, where only in death that a light would be found. He would recover more Soul security as he explored the dimensions that transcended space and time with the help of his invisible teacher and friend, Annie.

With the Moon symbolizing that which represents the evolving ego and how we integrate the insecurity of the past, you can see with a South Node in Taurus receiving the square from Chiron in Aquarius, that the trauma of the past caused him to freeze and fracture but with the Moon in Cap in the 2nd and the ruler Saturn trining Venus, the ruler of the South Node, he chose a Moon placement that would guarantee he would persevere, persist and press on. This weight of responsibility for what he was designed to bring forward would have also have been a true burden as it was so massive and timeless in nature. One man and one journey would change the world, Moon in Cap in the 2nd house, ruler Saturn balsalmic to Neptune, also Moon in Cap squaring Mars in Libra in the 10th opposing Venus. One man, one journey in fact was responsible for changing the world. That was an unfathomable burden to bear.

“A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone." (Darwin)

This sentiment would not be true however as for his Moon or ego to evolve, for his Soul to evolve, we not only look to the North Node in Scorpio, which reflects the deepest of depths, but we look to the Moon’s polarity, and not only find Cancer in the 8th, it is conjunct the North Node of Saturn and North Node of Pluto. It would take him 'time’ to emotionally soften and warm up to anything but eventually in order for him to evolve, it must happen. This evolving polarity also reflects the cataclysm that would force him into his emotional body, in particular the death of his daughter Annie, Cancer on the 8th house cusp, ruler Moon in Cap in the 2nd that would ignite the trauma of this past that he was responsible for connecting to the loss of many children.

With the Moon in Cap balsalmic to the Sun in Aquarius,  the Sun in Aquarius allowed him to detach just enough to finish his Soul’s work for the world as this Sun is receiving a trine from Mars in Libra in the 10th, suggesting there will be enough energy and emotional focus in him to culminate this repeating circuit of paralyzing loss and to close this Soul chapter. Also Darwin's Moon in Cap is making a Last Quarter septile, 51 degrees, other wise known as a fate aspect, to his Pluto in Pisces in the 3rd which reflects the fate of the death of his daughter and his communications with her, her visits from the other side and his experience serving as a bridge from Earth to the timeless, unseen, invisible world with the intention to help heal his wounded heart. This re-immersion into the emotional waters after attempting to hold it all up or back for lifetimes would allow Darwin to evolve, as the river always finds the path of least resistance, via the natural water trinity, Moon - Pluto -Neptune, the river always finds its way back to the sea, back to God.

With Pluto in the 3rd in Pisces, ruler Neptune balsamic to Saturn in Sag in the 12th, Saturn being the ruler of his Moon in Cap in the 2nd, it has been said by historians that even with all the research that has been done on Darwin’s life and story to date, and as much as we have have uncovered and will further uncover here,  Darwin, the man, is an ENIGMA, with guarded Moon in Capricorn and a North Node in Scorpio in the 11th, Pluto in Pisces, ruler Neptune conjunct Saturn in the 12th, I am sure that is how he would like it to remain.

Namaste,
Kristin

« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2013, 10:51 PM by Kristin » Logged
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #103 on: Apr 10, 2013, 11:17 AM »

Hi Rad and community,
Thank you so much for this continued opportunity to learn and grow in this way Rad. I am learning so much in this step by step thread we are doing.

Moon in Capricorn in the 2nd.
Balsamic phase semi sextile with the Sun in Aquarius in the 2nd.

Other aspects to the Moon:
Moon last quarter sextile to Jupiter
Crescent square to Mars
Moon very end new phase semisquare to Neptune in sag in 12th.
Moon crescent phase semi square to Saturn in Sag in the 12th.
Conjunct the sn's of: Jupiter (in 1st house), Pluto, Saturn, Venus, Vesta, Mercury (all in 2nd).

We’re looking at the egocentric structure that the soul has created in the life of Darwin that allowed for the soul to emotionally integrate the journey from the evolutionary past to the future on a moment to moment past. This then correlates to the way the ego formed, the early life emotional imprinting, and what the inner identity was throughout the life of Darwin.

Some quotes about Darwin’s early life and mother :
“Charles's mother died when he was only 8. In 1817 she started growing ill, with gastrointestinal symptoms that were probably a sign of either a severe ulcer or stomach cancer. She died on Thursday, July 15, 1817. Robert dedicated himself even more into his medical practice even more than he had before, leaving the household to be run mostly by his elder daughters Marianne and Caroline. Robert had always been an enormous presence in the house when he returned from work at the end of the day, but it had been tolerable as long as his mood was good. Now, however, he was almost always irritable and depressed. The house remained comfortable and well kept, but gloomy. In later descriptions of his childhood, Charles wrote that he remembered very little of his mother, particularly since his sisters forbade him to talk about her.”
http://www.sparknotes.com/biography/darwin/section2.rhtml

And a similar quote:
“Darwin remembers little about his mother who died when he was 8, but talks at length about his forceful physician father, who measured 6 foot 2 inches, and weighed over 336 pounds. His father's success guaranteed that Charles would never have to work for a living. Darwin was a naughty boy schooled in humaneness and manners by his loving sisters. Early on, he showed a passion for collecting, mostly beetles, but also coins, shells, and minerals. He hated boarding school; he enjoyed running in the open air and shooting snipes with his dogs. He quotes his father's characterization of him as a young boy: "You care for nothing but shooting, dogs, and rat-catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family"”
http://litmed.med.nyu.edu/Annotation?action=view&annid=12965

There’s a strong history of family repression linked to this Moon. Venus as ruler of the SN, on the IC ruled by Mars in the 10th house which is in a crescent phase square with the Moon in Capricorn in the 10th house correlates to family social structures that emphasized being polite, agreeable, gentleman-like and keeping the “grief” inside (2nd house/Capricorn). Relative to the south node itself, Taurus in the 5th linking back to Venus and that Mars in the 10th, this soul has dealt with its grief by retreating and isolating himself and focusing on his own interests. However there is a great degree of repressed anger and guilt implied within these signatures, as well as stunted/immature emotional needs. A part of this anger and guilt is linked to prior lives where there had been death or violence in his family, but he had to “keep it inside” and be polite – Mars in 10th in Libra ruling the IC and Venus, squaring the Moon. Likely he judged others for their own “uncivilized” expression of emotions as these same signatures express a refined and very acute social awareness of cultural “rights and wrongs”.

His Moon being on all those planetary south nodes in Capricorn symbolizes a soul structure that has identified for a long time the need to “fit in” in order to survive and has thus developed values that would allow him to make it in the world. The Moon however rules the 8th house which brings up the complexity in this soul. His mother died, and he immediately chose to be alone. His father went on working right away and he was forbade from mourning or processing his mother’s death at all. Underneath all this are deep feelings of abandonment. However in order to process and integrate these unresolved emotions, he would require a great degree of stability. This is explored further below:

It’s meaningful too to reflect upon how this soul chose to create a family, and how he related with his own wife. The following is all from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emma_Darwin#Marriage
Charles and Emma raised their 10 children in a distinctly non-authoritarian manner, and several of them later achieved considerable success in their chosen careers: George, Francis and Horace became Fellows of the Royal Society.[7]
Emma Darwin is especially remembered for her patience and fortitude in dealing with her husband's long-term illness. She also nursed her children through frequent illnesses, and endured the deaths of three of them:Anne, Mary, and Charles Waring. By the mid-1850s she was known throughout the parish for helping in the way a parson's wife might be expected to, giving out bread tokens to the hungry and "small pensions for the old, dainties for the ailing, and medical comforts and simple medicine" based on Dr. Robert Darwin's old prescription book.
Emma often played the piano for Charles, and in Charles' 1871 The Descent of Man and Selection in Relation to Sex, Darwin spent several pages on the evolution of musical ability by means of sexual selection.

And a letter she wrote to him at the beginning of their relationship: "When I am with you I think all melancholy thoughts keep out of my head but since you are gone some sad ones have forced themselves in, of fear that our opinions on the most important subject should differ widely. My reason tells me that honest & conscientious doubts cannot be a sin, but I feel it would be a painful void between us. I thank you from my heart for your openness with me & I should dread the feeling that you were concealing your opinions from the fear of giving me pain. It is perhaps foolish of me to say this much but my own dear Charley we now do belong to each other & I cannot help being open with you. Will you do me a favour? yes I am sure you will, it is to read our Saviour's farewell discourse to his disciples which begins at the end of the 13th Chap of John. It is so full of love to them & devotion & every beautiful feeling. It is the part of the New Testament I love best. This is a whim of mine it would give me great pleasure, though I can hardly tell why I don't wish you to give me your opinion about it."[9]

Emma Darwin was also a Unitarian. It seems that she may have been moving into the spiritual stages of evolution. Her personality seemed to be a good anchor for him – as Darwin was truly reflecting on some deep personal dynamics about the value and meaning of his own life. The way he internalized and made emotionally relevant his life’s purpose (Moon Sun relationship) was through coming to terms with the total infinitude of reality; that there is very little in his control and very little to make meaning out of – Moon balsamic to the Sun.

The context of his wife and the home he created with her, with 10 children, 3 of whom died – reflects the kind of ego structure of this soul. Given the archetype of Capricorn, this soul simply was not about being insecure in the unknown. So to create a solid family structure with a woman that represented more timeless and universal values was likely somewhat nurturing for the soul of Darwin. Darwin needed concrete answers in order to protect the Capricornian/2nd house resistance to access and process the storehouse of repressed emotions.

Darwin had several health issues, many of which were related to digestion. This correlates to the irritated and repressed inner emotional reality for this soul and the traumas he had endured.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin's_health
For over forty years Darwin suffered intermittently from various combinations of symptoms such as: malaise,vertigo, dizziness, muscle spasms and tremors, vomiting, cramps and colics, bloating and nocturnal intestinal gas, headaches, alterations of vision, severe tiredness, nervous exhaustion, dyspnea, skin problems such asblisters all over the scalp and eczema, crying, anxiety, sensation of impending death and loss of consciousness, fainting, tachycardia, insomnia, tinnitus, and depression.

Darwin had no success with conventional treatments. In 1849, after about four months of incessant vomiting he took up the recommendation of his friend Captain Sulivan and cousin Fox to try the water therapy regimen at Dr James Gully's Water Cure Establishment at Malvern. He read Gully's book, which provided case histories and had a price list at the back. Darwin rented a villa at Malvern for his family and started a two-month trial of the treatment on 10 March. Gully agreed with Darwin's self-diagnosis of nervous dyspepsia and set him a routine including being heated by a spirit lamp until dripping with perspiration, then vigorous rubbing with cold wet towels and cold foot baths, a strict diet, and walks. Darwin enjoyed the attention and the demanding regime which left him no time to feel guilty about not working. His health improved rapidly, and he felt that the water cure was "no quackery".[4][5] He had no faith in the homeopathic medicines Gully gave him three times a day but took them obediently.[6] They stayed on until 30 June, and back home at Down House, he continued with the diet and with the water treatment aided by his butler. He followed the rules about rising early and rationing his working time and had the Sandwalk constructed in the grounds for his walking exercise, setting a routine which he continued.[7]

What’s meaningful to note about this is just how fully he was able to discipline himself to a regiment. And this is how he took care of himself. Similar to his upbringing, his mother focused entirely on the household and his father fully committed to his doctor practice. Even when his mother died, his father became even MORE focused on his practice – even though he did not enjoy it very much. Work and discipline has been a way for this soul to emotionally relate to his own life – it’s how he created a sense of safety and security. This created a foundation that allowed him to then project his life force outwards into his work in science. Moon relative to the north node.

This soul also identified very much according to his public persona – and it’s clear that one of the reasons why he chose this Capricorn Moon has been to create a self image that would allow him to create a focus and discipline that would allow him to actualize further his evolutionary purpose: Moon as a way of emotionally integrating from the past to the future.

However, I feel he’s reaching a point in his evolution where he can no longer hold back the basic needs of his body and emotion for the sake of “survival” alone. Thus its likely that after the life of Darwin the evolutionary impulse for this soul would progressively be to unlock the emotional body, and in so doing he would begin to reformulate a lot of his previously concluded ideas.

The Moon is in a crescent phase semi square with Saturn – this further emphasizes the strong Taurus/2nd house identity theme for this soul – and how it constantly links back up with the Capricorn/Saturn/10th house archetype. He needed security and needed to establish a foundation for his personal life that would allow for his social participation and actualization. His routines and health needs kept him even more remote and removed from social interaction – and also kept him close to his wife who took care of him to the very end.

This soul established a very large family – this too reflecting the soul need to survive, to procreate and live on. I also imagine just being around so many children was also very nurturing for this soul. The ruler of his Moon, Saturn is in Sag in the 12th balsamic to Neptune - forming a crescent phase square with the Moon, his family life was also likely very private and a place for inner reflection. Jupiter in Pisces in the 3rd ruling that Saturn, squaring that Saturn and sharing a last quarter sextile with the Moon: this links his home environment as a place where he was able to study and do research while being held in a safe and private container.

The reality of this configuration points to the intention for this soul to create a structural reality for himself that would allow him to understand and explain the structure of natural principals that relate to all species, all beings everywhere, (Saturn Neptune in Sag in the 12th) - and doing this through the accumulation of a great amount of universal data and facts (Jupiter in Pisces in the 3rd). Having the very stable Moon in Cap in the 2nd within all this allowed him to keep a constant; to be stable in the known of his body, his family, his home etc.

With much love,
Ari Moshe
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #104 on: Apr 11, 2013, 02:26 AM »

Hi Rad,
I'll just need one more day to
complete this assignment.
Thank you,
Linda
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27   Go Up
Print