School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

JWG'S Planetary Method of Chart Interpretation ...

Started by Rad, Feb 15, 2013, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirta

Hi Rad,
Your explanation about the planet near the following cusp is clear, thanks. I am not sure if I understand it correctly.
Does it mean for example that his self-image or his familial relationships is based on that 3rd house Venus?
Or is it that Venus is culminating a 3d house cycle and a 4th house cycle will be added in a following lifetime?

I wasn't clear in my first question about the evolutionary difference between the actual and the natural ruler, I apologize.
I wanted to know:
"¢ If one of them is preexistent and the other belongs to the current lifetime.  I understand that planets are preexisting patterns and house cusps belong to the current structure of consciousness, is that correct?
"¢ Or if they are different layers in the current life, and in that case what is that each of them symbolizes, what is the relationship between them
For example: What's the correct question? Or what is the first question:
-Why a soul with a Venus in Aries in 3rd house (preexisting pattern of freedom and individuality) chooses a 2nd house in Cap with conservative, conditioned and traditional values? Or
-Why a Soul with a Cap 2nd house chooses a Venus in Aries?
-Or Why a soul chooses a Venus in Aries and a 2nd house in Cap? In that case which is the first or basic conditioning and which the agent that modifies or introduces variations in the first?
Is there any rule?
If my question is not clear, or doesn't make sense please forget it.
Thank you for your patient attention.
God Bless
Mirta

Rad

Hi Mirta,

Quote from: mirta on May 28, 2013, 05:57 PM
Hi Rad,
Your explanation about the planet near the following cusp is clear, thanks. I am not sure if I understand it correctly.
Does it mean for example that his self-image or his familial relationships is based on that 3rd house Venus?
Or is it that Venus is culminating a 3d house cycle and a 4th house cycle will be added in a following lifetime?

In the case we are dealing with, Darwin, Venus is the ruler of the S.Node. As a result this naturally correlates to prior life dynamics relative to the archetype of Venus that are coming into the current life. The conjunction to the 4th House cusp, relative to it's placement in the 3rd, also correlates to prior life dynamics that are part of those past life dynamics that are coming into the current life: the tension of conflict within the Soul of Darwin between his need for independence to explore what he desires to explore which includes travels within the world, and his need for home or family life. This is restated with the ruler of that a Venus being Mars in Libra in the 10th and square his Moon in Capricorn in his 2nd which is ruled by his Saturn/Neptune conjunction in the 12th which then trines that Venus. This dynamic tension of course is reflected in the actual life of Darwin.

I wasn't clear in my first question about the evolutionary difference between the actual and the natural ruler, I apologize.
I wanted to know:
"¢ If one of them is preexistent and the other belongs to the current lifetime.  I understand that planets are preexisting patterns and house cusps belong to the current structure of consciousness, is that correct?

All planets, in the current life birth chart, have S.Nodes which correlate to the prior life dynamics that correlate with each planet. Those prior life dynamics are then infused into the natal position of whatever planet in such a way that the current life placement of that planet correlates to how the Soul is intending to evolve those past life dynamics by way of the position, house , sign, aspects of the natal position of any given planet. This evolutionary intention is further reflected in the N.Node of that planet by way of it's own house, sign placement, and aspects to it.

Yes, the signs on the house cusps correlate, in total, to the current life structure of consciousness.

"¢ Or if they are different layers in the current life, and in that case what is that each of them
symbolizes, what is the relationship between them
For example: What's the correct question? Or what is the first question:

-Why a soul with a Venus in Aries in 3rd house (preexisting pattern of freedom and individuality) chooses a 2nd house in Cap with conservative, conditioned and traditional values? Or
-Why a Soul with a Cap 2nd house chooses a Venus in Aries?
-Or Why a soul chooses a Venus in Aries and a 2nd house in Cap? In that case which is the first or basic conditioning and which the agent that modifies or introduces variations in the first?
Is there any rule?

The rule is to understand the why of anything the Soul has chosen, is currently choosing, and will be choosing that reflect it's ongoing evolutionary needs and desires. Thus the questions you just posed are answered from that point of view. The answers, as in the questions you asked, are of course specific and unique to any given Soul as with the case of Darwin. Any Soul is a complex whole of all kinds of dynamics that reflect it's ongoing evolutionary desires, and why those desires. This is why we start our EA analysis of any chart with the understanding of the core EA paradigm which then correlates to the foundation of any chart upon which, through which, all the dynamics of the Soul are then understood. Within this it is essential to understand the evolutionary stage of development of any given Soul in order to understand how they will actualize any given sign, house, or planet.

In the types of questions you asked, as they refer to Darwin, his Soul has been progressively questioning the  consensus of status-quo  of any existing belief or understanding of anything. This is how to understand his Capricorn Moon, 2nd House cusp, not to mention all the S.Nodes in Capricorn in his 2nd which includes his S.Node of Venus, as the relate to his Venus in Aries in the 3rd. All those S.Nodes in Capricorn in his 2nd are ruled by his Saturn/Neptune conjunction in his 12th that trine his Venus in Aries. This is the graphic symbolism for independent questioning of the consensus or status-quo of anything by way of the beliefs held by that consensus. With his Venus also inconjunct his Uranus in Scorpio conjunct his N.Node in the 11th, another pre-existing pattern, we can now see again this need to rebel or question that consensus or status-quo.

This is also restated with his S.Node of Neptune being in Aquarius in his 2nd that is conjunct his Chiron which then squares his Nodal Axis. He was born, chose to have, an Aquarius Sun in his 2nd as well. It is this essential questioning that not only defined his inner relationship to himself, and his core values equaling meaning for his life, that served his own ongoing evolutionary need to individuate, but then had the impact on the world, Capricorn/Saturn, that it did: his whole theory of evolution which revolutionized how the consensus or status-quo understood it's the origins of the species called humans itself.

Keep asking if you are not clear on this.

God Bless, Rad

mirta

It is enlightening to me Rad, I am clear now.
With gratitude,God Bless
Mirta

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Just an update. It's been too busy for me to do any assignment so far, but I will now be able to work on it this weekend.

blessings Upasika

ari moshe

Venus in Aries in the 3rd house.

The way Darwin related to his own self, established his own sense of self esteem and personal value for his own life was through independently aspiring towards collecting great amount of data that allowed him to understand more connections within the environment. Venus is in a new phase to all the Pisces planets in the 3rd house - this has a correlation to the personal sense of purpose: to venture out to find answers and forge new paths of mental constructs (Aries in the 3rd) relative to the infinite expanse of life actually having no answers to begin with (Pisces in the 3rd). This implies on the one hand an exciting sense of perusal destiny and purpose, and yet a natural anxiety linked to the inherent nature of there being so many questions yet unanswered.
This at times could also lead to cycles of anger based on the need to defend his ideas when feeling challenged or confronted with perspectives he had not yet considered. There was simply the need for this soul to think for himself. Inwardly there would also be an anxiety based the need to discover himself, to find out who he is through constant movement. This means that this soul needed to constantly be on the edge of uncovering more data, otherwise his own sense of becoming, which links to his survival, would be threathened.

Since this Venus rules the sn in Taurus, we see this is a survival instinct this soul has developed very strongly in his past: actualizing his own purpose through a sharp and clear mind. It's interesting of course that his theory on natural selection is what inspired the concept of "survival of the fittest": Venus in Aries.

The intention for this soul was really to make everything his own, to figure it all out for himself. His Venus is the ruler of his sn in Taurus in the 5th house and is balsamic phase semi sextile to that sn - thus there was a sense for this soul of personal destinty, and yet also the need to bring to a relative close this cycle of exploring, gathering and synthesizing data. The need for this soul was to narrow his purpose towards a clearly refined universal awareness that would essentially allow him to feel that he has established his own purpose exactly the way it was meant to. In other words there was some higher purpose that this soul inwardly knew it was to bring to a greater stage of culmination. The crisis implied within this is the tension around where to focus his mind - what steps to take. The resolution was of course for him to just take those steps. The gibbous inconjunct to the north node implies that through just taking each step, his own personal sense of purpose became more clear. The point within that was also for him to detach from thinking about his own personal survival, but rather to objectify even his own survival needs.

Venus rules the MC and so this process of self discovery also linked to a natural inner pressure that there is a role he is here to fill - and in order succeed and be accepted as reputable, he would have to create a structural reality that would allow him to focus all of his energies towards his data collection and discoveries. Since Mars is the ruler of Venus and is in Libra in the 10th, squaring his Moon in Capricorn in the 2nd, this soul would have felt limited, confined by the social expectations of who he is supposed to be, how he is meant to behave, what his work is supposed to look like. This is further emphasized by the sn of Venus in Cap in the 2nd house on his Moon: the need to secure, internalize and focus on the work he is here to do. It emphasizes the incredibly private nature of this soul and the personal survival/preservation needs that are the basis for that private nature.

He would have been somewhat defensive of his own work - needing to assert his freedom to follow his path. With the strong linkage to Capricorn in the 2nd, his default has been to go into his own little world to do his work. While great productivity is implied in that, there was also a great degree of protection. As we have spoken about, there is an ongoing evolutionary theme for this soul to access emotional chaos, to let go into what he cannot control emotionally. The Moon rules Cancer in the 8th.

Progressively this soul has been learning to focus entirely upon his own desires and to fulfill them, no matter what that looks like: gibbous inconjunct to the nn in the 11th house Scorpio.

The gibbous phase by itself implies self development and often the need to create crisis in order to make the necessary adjustments. There can be a great degree of self doubt/holding oneself back based on not being ready enough. Here we have a sense of personal limitation: I am not ready enough to focus my mental energies, I don't have the proper resources, what I am doing is too different from what everyone else is doing, I will not be accepted as a scientist. I can also see the inner feeling of entrapment with the Aries/Scorpio linkage: that his soul desires to objectively perceive the entirety of his environment, and yet he will feel limited by his minds intense focus on the details of the environment. This could lead him to periods of collecting lots of data and then wanting to give up because there are too many thoughts/too much data to hold in his mind at once. The lesson for this soul would have been to keep on collecting data, and to keep his mind completely open at the same time - and through the first quarter trine of Venus with the Neptune Saturn, to simply allow his intuition to synthesize all of it naturally.

There's also something important about his own survival implied in this inconjunct aspect. On a purely internal level, his own survival, which is linked to acceptance by the scientific community which would affirm his self esteem at a core level, required him to generate a great amount of will in order to actualize his purpose. Again the idea of needing to be fit enough, strong enough, to fulfill his purpose - otherwise his own sense of worth would be threatened. Also what comes up for me about this is simply the need to cooperate with evolutionary necessity by way of plunging into his data collective no matter what that looks like: to not become fixated on his differentness relative to everyone else, but rather to simply do the work he is here to do. In that sense, his soul was healing and improving his self esteem, self trust in this life.

Sexually speaking there would be a great degree of curiosity and inquisitiveness regarding the nature of desire, sexuality, procreation etc. I imagine in a sexual sense there has been a lot of trauma for this soul that may have lead to some sort of dissociation from being fully embodied during sexual experience. This is implied by the gibbous inconjunct to the nn and Uranus in Scorpio in the 11th, and then of course the Chiron skipped step in Aquarius in the 2nd. Psychologically there would be a need for freedom and a deep feeling of entrapment linked to the fear of being completely alone without anywhere to place himself in life. Thus the need to find answers to all kinds of questions so that he can feel emotionally secure within himself. There was also a strong pro-creative instinct, Aries, and yet the need for this soul at the same time was to objectify his desire nature and look at it as an observer. I imagine this would have made him an interesting, perhaps inconsistent, sexual partner.

Venus shares a first quarter trine with Saturn and Neptune in Sag in the 12th, which itself is ruled by Jupiter in Pisces in the 3rd to which Venus is in a new phase with. This correlates to a great degree of skill and ease relative to his ability to independently on his own venture out to ask the questions/collect the data that pertains to understanding the inherently inner connected nature of things. Contrary to what I just wrote above about his sexuality, it's also clear within this signature that his sexual experiences would also have been somewhat of a leading edge into the spiritualization of consciousness. As I recall reading about his wife, it seemed she was on the cusp of the spiritual stages of evolution. A part of him wanted to let go and merge into just "being", and yet it's that inability to keep the mind quiet that would bring up all kinds of deeper questions about the ultimate meaning and purpose of life through the direct experience that there are certain things his mind cannot reach. In other words there was a realm of sexual/emotional attraction and inspiration that this soul experienced that was beyond what he could understand or know about, but rather only something he could surrender to. This I feel will deepen in future lives.

Lastly, addressing the question, "why that Venus?". As I understand it, it was to create a focal point of personal will and desire that would allow him to relate to his own soul's purpose in such a way as to give value and meaning to the ever expanse of knowledge that could never be fully synthesized and undesrtood in the first place. It served the purpose of establishing an inner value system that allowed him to orient to the entirety of the "unknown" with a great eagerness that would allow him to uncover more about the nature of the enviroment and thus his own place within it.

Venus rules the 6th house, whereas Pluto rules the 12th house. So for this soul Venus implies a personal sense of inner reflection upon his own self worth, his own values and what he needed to improve upon. It implies an underlying self doubt relative to his ability to survive and meet his own basic needs. His Venus was a function that allowed him to keep on going, to develop his own self esteem and find greater meaning and value in his life so as to heal his own inner relationship with himself.

Relative to the 12th house Scorpio which Pluto rules, again recognizing the new phase with Venus and Pluto, the point was essentially to live his life by constantly being in motion. Otherwise the 12th house/Pisces reality of there being too much to understand, too much to surrender to would leave him feeling absolutely helpless and useless: 6th house lack. So this Venus in Aries was a function of self preservation by way of keeping him active and in motion which allowed him to cooperate with evolutionary necessity to uncover the interconnected facts of life. This also adds some more context for the psychology of entrapment within this soul. With Pluto ruling the 12th, there is a basic fear of being consumed by forces larger than himself; there were deep emotional/sexual desires to penetrate his partner on a total level, and yet also fear of just that based on the deep fear of "death". Venus in Aries ruling the 6th implies how he would stay connected with himself, how he would modulate his sexual sharing in such a way that he did not "get lost" into the unknown. Sometimes withholding his sexual energy so as to not get lost in something that he will loose control over, and sometimes getting completely absorbed, consumed by it so as to release pent up emotional/sexual energy. I imagine during during most sexual activity he would tend to be pretty extreme; completely wild and exhibit an incredibly strong desire for all things sensual. Venus sn on the Moon in Cap in the 2nd: need to release repressed and judged his natural sexual/emotional needs.

Rad, will you offer some more guidance for properly understanding the balsamic semi sextile between the sn and Venus? I feel I only got the textbook definition of it - but not the essence of that signature. Same for the gibbous inconjunct with the nn and Uranus which is the other side of that aspect. I would like to understand more clearly the actual soul dynamics implied within these signatures.

Thank you so much Rad. With much love, am

Katherine

Thank you Rad, and those who are actively participating. This thread has been so supportive to my learning of EA.

God Bless,

Katherine

Rad

Hi Katherine,

First welcome to our message board, and second thanks for your comment. All of us here in our  EA community hope you will find it a great learning tool for you own development of EA.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Ari,

Thanks for making the effort to continue on with our Planetary Thread. I am going to be off until Monday as I do need a bit of a break. So I will review work then, and answer the questions you posed.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Ari,

Thanks for making the effort you have to understand the EA of why Darwin chose the Venus placement that he did relative to his ongoing evolutionary intentions and purposes. Much of what you wrote has focused, correctly, on the vastness of his mind, the questions that he would ask, and the answers that he would attempt to discover as the core of his inner relationship to himself and, thus, what he valued and found meaning within.

Questions relative to Venus that you did not go into include how he related to others based upon how he related to himself, how he was able to 'hear' or 'listen' to others based on how he heard and listened to himself. Within this what he needed and valued from others in general, and what he needed and valued by way of intimate partners specifically: his essential needs. In turn what others in general, and his intimate others which include his family members needed and valued from him.

Within this his core sexual values, the meaning that he would give to his sexuality, and what his intimate other, his wife, sexually valued and needed from him. You did make the effort to understand his orientation to his sexuality to some extent but this part of your analysis was underdeveloped. And this statement  "I imagine during during most sexual activity he would tend to be pretty extreme; completely wild and exhibit an incredibly strong desire for all things sensual " is not correct at all. Above all else his Soul was very conservative and restrained concerning sexually relating to another which is defined by his hypersensitive nature manifesting as a core shyness and, thus, conservative and restrained. Sexuality for him would be primarily rooted in sex as procreation. Relative to his Moon, Sun, Chiron, all the S.Nodes in Capricorn including Venus in his 2nd House, he would have a high degree of self focus sexually that manifested primarily as masturbation. Thus, with his wife or anyone sexually intimate with him, sexual intercourse was really just another form of masturbation to him.

There is much more that can be said about his sexuality but I will not write about that now as I want to wait to see what the other contributors say about this first.

And you asked: "Rad, will you offer some more guidance for properly understanding the balsamic semi sextile between the sn and Venus? I feel I only got the textbook definition of it - but not the essence of that signature. Same for the gibbous inconjunct with the nn and Uranus which is the other side of that aspect. I would like to understand more clearly the actual soul dynamics implied within these signatures."

So much of what you have correctly understood in your analysis reflects this specific aspects which are all set in motion within his Soul as an inner calling or sense of having not only a special destiny to actualize, but how that special destiny manifests in the world in such a way as to create an evolutionary leap in the human species in terms of understanding their own origins.

His desire was to understand the very essence of evolution for all species including human relative to the origins of all life and how they evolved. This is indeed the very basis of the vastness of his inner world, his Soul, his mind. It is this very vastness that would created periods of psychological instability as the answers that he would come up with at one time would be undermined or questioned in another time. Necessarily needing to stabilize on a cyclic basis would then become the causative determinant in limiting just how far he would allow his inner contemplations, and the answers to those contemplations, to go. As a result of this he created inner crisis's, the simi-sextile and the inconjunct, that manifested by limiting himself in terms of how far he would let himself go in terms of grappling with the totality of it all: the nature of Creation.

As a result his only allowed himself to understand one half of the natural laws that correlate to the Natural Law of evolution itself: the slow progressive evolutionary tract of all species linked with procreation as various species adapted to the ever changing environment. What he did not allow himself to understand wad the Natural Law of evolution as reflected in cataclysms and the great evolutionary leaps created because of.

These aspects also correlate of course to the crisis he created for many human beings in their own understanding of the origin of species wherein the consensus understanding until then was primarily rooted in the Bible in the western world. By challenging this this of course then created the crisis to himself by way of the consensus judging, criticizing, and ridiculing him. Relative to his hypersensitive nature that most never knew or understood about him this did have a deep impact on him psychologically and emotionally in such as way as to contribute to his ongoing health issues. 

In any case your EA analysis of Darwin's Venus and the reasons for it, how it manifested within him, was excellent work Ari. You of course are demonstrating exactly how EA is meant to be done. And because of this you are helping all those that come to read this thread understanding EA as well.

Bravo !

God Bless, Rad

Kristin

Dear Rad & group,

Thanks for your guidance and for this opportunity to grow.

Venus

With Venus being the ruler of Darwin's South Node in Taurus in the 5th, this gives Venus extra emphasis, what he values and what holds meaning is being picked up where he left off, this trend carried forward into the most recent life. In order for the magnitude of what was on Darwin's evolutionary plate and his inner sense of destiny to bring his scientific findings to the world his sense of meaning would require for him to be totally wrapped up in his vision, where at times, nothing else mattered in the world other than what was on his mind and where he was on his inner road map, Venus, ruler of his South Node in the 5th is in Aries in the 3rd house in a new phase to Jupiter in Pisces. His sense of meaning would be directly linked to the pioneering of his discoveries that he had unearthed accumulated, compiled and synthesized while traveling the world. He would have valued immensely the need for total freedom to explore without limits boundaries or borders and would know it would require traveling cross continentally in particular by boat to reach destinations where his research could be completed. His Jupiter in Pisces in the 3rd is balsalmic to Mercury and making a new phase conjunction to Pluto and to Venus also reflects his past life as William Dampier who was the first Englishman to circumnavigate the world three times. Both Darwin and Dampier share a Sag rising, the ruler Jupiter balsalmic Mercury in Pisces and making new phase to Darwin's Venus in Aries in the 3rd, suggesting Darwin would continue his relationship with the sea and his travels in order to continue his ground breaking work.

With the sense of meaning leading to and thus contributing to what one believes, a Venus in Aries in Darwin's case especially when making a new phase to Jupiter, the chart ruler, Darwin would have had this belief that there was always more to learn, there was always something more to know and to uncover and his motivation would be high. He would have had an inner confidence on the heels of his last success as an explorer in his recent life as Dampier and a drive to keep on going until the last stone was overturned. This fever for travel would have created a real restlessness inside of him when he was not on his way somewhere new. He would hunger to explore the unexplored, where no other man had ever walked and within this it would require an independent, self reliant disposition. With a South Node in the 5th and the ruler being Venus in Aries in the 3rd, his children contributed immensely to his sense of meaning but with his motivations being so strong for his explorations it would be a great challenge to strike a reasonable balance between all that was incessantly on his mind and being present as a parent. It can reflect always having his mind on something even while spending time with others, his children included.

With Pluto in Pisces in a new phase to Venus in Aries, this further re-states Darwin's ultimate need for freedom in his life in every way, especially a life that allows for boundless, timeless inner space to travel in his mind. He will come to understand who he is, how he is put together and his relationship to the universe from not only his outer worldly travels and all the new information he has collected but within the inner expeditions that would take flight. Venus in Aries reflects his need to be a pioneer of his own work and to earn and provide in his own independent way, to be his own boss, with no one but himself calling the shots. He would be fortunate enough to come through a family with the financial means to fund his interests, his adventures and to get his work off the ground reflected in his South Node in Taurus in the 5th house, ruler Venus in Aries trining Saturn and Neptune. His sense of meaning and sense of self importance would come from the written work that was a result of all of his travels. Perhaps even more important would be his need to continue to challenge not only the status quo and the world at large but to challenge his own status quo intellectually as well as his beliefs. There was an ongoing pressure to not only challenge the status quo, Venus in Aries, but to push his own intellectual limits, Venus in Aries, ruler Mars in Libra in the 10th so a new creative process could be born. You can see this re-stated with the South Node of Uranus, the higher octave of Mercury, conjunct his South Node of Mars in the 1st in Sagittarius, ruler Jupiter making a new phase conjunction to Pluto as well as a new phase to Venus in Aries and the North Node of Venus in Aries.

With Venus in Aries, the ruler of his South Node in the 5th in Taurus, there would have been a feeling of being self-important and special, a narcissism that pervaded his aura - his needs would take precedence over the needs of others. This stems from him feeling that his work or focus is more important than whatever is going on around him. Because of this special sense of destiny, it would require a fundamental independence in order to actualize whatever he set out do to. Because of this self focus and at times total disregard for others in the process, it would cause him to attract partners that give him total freedom and do not question his choices. Darwin's commitment was first to himself and because of this he would would never be able to experience a true co-equal partnership, it would be heavily if not totally weighted on his needs and his pursuits in this lifetime, Venus in Aries. It would require a partner who was totally on board his mission, Venus in Aries, ruler Mars in Libra in the 10th squaring the Moon in Capricorn. With Venus in Aries, his passion and excitement surrounding his life's work would keep life elevated and stimulating for his partner and he would rope her in to his plan making her feel as if she were equally a part of things, but he would also periodically totally withdraw into the confines of his mind and isolate himself there, South Node in Taurus, ruler Venus in Aries in the 3rd. This tendency would not be evolving any time soon as his natal Venus in Aries is conjunct his North Node in Aries yet there would be a pressure to return to the family, to work to strike a better balance and it would continually be brought to his attention, via the needs of his children or in the extreme case of the loss of his daughter. This event would have provided the necessary shock to find a way to better balance his priorities with work and family, Venus in Aries, ruler Mars in Libra in the 10th square Moon in Capricorn.

Relationship with self

With Capricorn on the second house cusp, Darwin would have had a deep reflective consciousness and would have been withdrawn, quiet and serious. He would not have allowed himself the luxury of inner joy because of the unresolved grief he carried from other times and his feeling of responsibility linked with the trauma that ensued and because of this would have been in perpetual state of emotional suffering and mourning. With Moon in Capricorn in the second, the natural ruler of his 8th house, the house of the Soul, he had learned to deeply compress his emotions and protect his feelings as a child. This need to control his emotions was because of the lack of support and nurturing and became a survival instinct. Because there was no real actual nurturing as a child by the parents, this would produce a well spring of insecurity so his needs would be buried deep within his subconscious.

Darwin was in a constant state of inner stress, not just from PTSD but from the pressure he put on himself, which would not allow himself to fully be present, whether he was traveling or with family. While he was away he would worry himself sick about family and wonder if they were all safe and ok without him. He would feel responsible for their pain of his being away which would trigger the past when he was not there when they needed him. When he was home, he would be wishing he was off traveling on one of his international adventures and stress about the time lost on his research. As a result he could never really be present anywhere. With Venus in Aries in the 3rd, full phase to Mars in Libra in the 12th, he always wanted to be somewhere else- the grass would always looks greener on the other side of the fence. This would also create a great deal of guilt and self judgement for not being fully present for his children as the ruler of his South Node in the 5th in Taurus is Venus in Aries in the 3rd, Mars in Libra in the 10th, is squaring his Cap Moon and South Nodes of Pluto, Saturn and Venus in his 2nd. The only occasion when Darwin could establish/access that feeling of being totally present was when he was observing something for then he could let his mind go and access the higher octave of Mercury, Uranus. His Pluto/Mercury are making a balsamic conjunction in the 3rd and trining Uranus and the North Node in Scorpio in the 11th. Also, the ruler of his South Node of Uranus in Sag is Jupiter in the 12th in Sag conjunct Neptune, trine Venus in Aries in the 3rd. There are several repeating themes linked with the emotional paradox in his Soul, wanting his freedom and also wanting/needing to be in a relationship. Within this dynamic is about his Soul needing to learn to better balance his priorities, of all the things he was responsible for setting in motion, not just to tend to them when he wanted to.  He would experience this tug a war of emotional extremes throughout his life, all of which inevitably compounded the pre-existing guilt and self punishing tendencies that have trailed him through time.

Some of the repeating themes of are seen here:

Venus in Aries, ruler Mars in Venus
Mars, ruler of his Venus, squaring Moon in Cap and South Nodes of Pluto, Saturn and Venus.
Venus in Aries conjunct North Node of Venus in  ruler Mars in Libra in the 10th.
Venus in Aries, ruler Mars in Libra opposing North Node of Mars in Aries  
Venus in Aries, ruler North Node of Mars in Aries squaring Moon in Cap.

Darwin would have had the tendency to be overly hard on himself and to self judge to an extreme, with Capricorn on the second house cusp, the Moon in Cap also in the 2nd squaring Mars in Libra, ruler Venus in Aries in the 3rd. Darwin would have felt himself to be un-loveable as a result of the residual emotional grief stored in his cells due to his failed responsibility that led to the trauma he caused family, in particular children in another life, Venus in Aries, ruler Mars in Libra in the 10th squaring Moon in Capricorn. He also would have felt guilt for the sexual content that streamed through his mind and Soul because it would not have been "˜acceptable and proper' in the eyes of most so he would have swung from these extremes of being totally free innocent in his private inner tours where he could continually learn about himself and his desires and feeling a true unlimited power in those experiences to the pendulum swinging hard in the other direction, Pluto in Pisces in a new phase to Venus in Aries in the 3rd, ruler, Mars in Libra in the 10th squaring a Capricorn Moon in the 2nd conjunct his South Node of Saturn. So it would be weightlessness upon release followed by a tidal wave of guilt, followed by the Capricorn conditioned question, "What does this mean about me?" The intention would be for him to discover and to learn that his mind could be a way of liberating him sexually as Mars, the ruler of his Venus in Aries is trining his Sun in Aquarius in the 2nd house, ruler Uranus in Scorpio conjunct the North Node in the 11th. Also Aquarius in on the 3rd house cusp where Venus in Aries resides. With Venus in Aries in the 3rd he will relate to himself inwardly through the nature of what he is thinking in any given moment.

I imagine he would instinctually have had a great deal of confidence in what his mind could produce, Venus in Aries in the 3rd, understanding also that he was ultimately a conduit for an eternal well of knowledge. This understanding would have induced a trust in the constant flow of content that would spill from on high and into the ethers of his consciousness. But no sooner was he feeling this confident stream would the feeling of self doubt cancel out the rush of this convincing creative ingenuity. With Lucifer in Virgo in his 10th house forming an inconjunct to Venus in Aries in the 3rd, considering evil lodges itself where we are most vulnerable, these feelings of inadequacy would occur through his work, as well as the ideas floating in his mind as Lucifer also makes an opposition to Mercury in Pisces. This would result in his thinking that his ideas were not well founded or even crazy, especially if they were coming out of him as if he were unworthy for the role. He would struggle with this feeling of 'not being enough' in his work and at home because of Lucifer having a way of creating a self undermining effect, this feeling would also be a result of not being able to bring his whole self to the moment, so restless by nature and a part of him always wanting to be elsewhere.  

Evolutionarily speaking it is the people, I would consider Darwin to be one of them, that "˜have it' that "˜don't know they have it' or doubt they have it and that ultimately do not want the spot light and the glory, these are the Souls that are granted with the capacity and consciousness by God to be messengers of truth for the 'natural' world. As Darwin's relationship with God evolved so would his relationship with himself as he would have progressively learned to let himself off the hook, however not totally, but he would have learned that forgiveness would be the only way back to healing and ultimately back to God. His Soul's objective in this life would have been to form a brand new relationship with himself Venus in a new phase to Pluto in Pisces, to create new grooves in the record of his Soul and new grooves in the record of his mind. The healing of the natural God must come first, for when his understanding of a natural God was recovered, removing the patriarchal judging God from the equation, there there would be hope for his own healing to happen. With a Moon in Cap in the 2nd conjunct the South Nodes of Pluto, Saturn and Venus also Capricorn on the 2nd house cusp, ruler Saturn in Sag conjunct Pluto in the 12th, there is a focus on releasing his Soul from the hold of the guilt collected that is linked with religious conditioning, other wise known as learned guilt. The natural guilt however will remain as this will be in place to always be reminded of a path he does not want to return to, so certain choices leading to trauma for himself and others are not made again. These are symbols of the need for SELF FORGIVENESS and ultimately SELF ACCEPTANCE which must occur in order for his Soul to evolve as Neptune, higher octave of Venus, is balsamic to Saturn in Sagittarius in the 12th, and they are squaring Pluto in Pisces, the sign that Neptune, the planet of healing, naturally rules.

Emotional Paradox

With Venus in Aries, and the ruler Mars in Libra, the emotional paradox is at an extreme in terms of his need for relationship but also this intense need for freedom, with Pluto forming a new phase to that Venus. The need for a relationship would have outweighed his need for freedom however for a few reasons. He was afraid of being alone, and of dying alone, being left to seep in his own grief and pain of the past. He also knew that the only way through would be to partner with someone he could lean on and depend on for emotional support, Venus in Aries, ruler Mars in Libra in the 10th squaring Moon in Cap, South Nodes of Pluto Saturn and Venus in the 2nd. He and his wife had also traveled through time together, Mercury ruler of the 7th house cusp balsalmic to Pluto in the 3rd in Pisces, squaring the ruler Neptune and Saturn in Sag in the 12th. They suffered traumas of not only losing one another but also their children so it was essential to culminate this theme so they both could heal and evolve. In addition to the evolutionary need to recover the Souls of children they had lost together, Darwin expressed one of the reasons for having children and creating a family was so they could take care of him when he was old. But beyond the basic care that is required upon aging was his need for constant validation and love, South Node in Taurus in the 5th, ruler Venus in Aries in the 3rd trine Saturn and Neptune in the 12th which would have a way as serving as balm for the lack of nurturing he experienced when he was young but also for the emotional wounds endured because of his own mistakes as a result of restless distraction and being pulled away by his work in other times.

With the South Node in the 5th and the ruler Venus in Aries in the 3rd, Darwin would need a partner who would make him the center of her universe, yet because of his Venus is in Aries he would attract someone as strong willed as he was, which he needed, in order to be consistently challenged to grow and to keep things fresh and new. He would have required that with a loaded 3rd house as he could easily become bored and lose interest. It would have been the spirit of his partners independent mind that kept him engaged and the fire of attraction burning.  

The Venus in Aries signature in Darwin's chart would reflect a kind of compromise with respect to partnership and love. The emotional paradox also connects to Souls attracting people who meet some of their needs but not all so it guarantees them an exit point. Darwin would not desire to leave this partnership, he was too evolutionarily invested and dependent on their like minded bond, also with Moon in Capricorn he valued commitment but he would create his own temporary exit point by leaving the family in order to travel and pursue his own desires that were independent of them. He would however share these adventures upon return and the pendulum would swing back in the other direction. He would need his partner to be ALL IN. With Mercury on the 7th house cusp and the ruler balsalmic to Pluto in the third and balsalmic to Venus in Aries as well, he would need to share everything about his travels. His need to talk was linked with his own need for feedback and validation, South Node in the 5th, ruler Venus in Aries in the 3rd. Because of his own feelings of inadequacy, Lucifer in Virgo in the 10th opposing the Pisces stellium, squaring the ruler Neptune and Saturn in the 12th, he would not trust his own intuition because of his permeating self doubt, and needed the validation of his partner. It would be more important to marry someone, in this case his blood cousin, who knew him as well as anybody and shared like minded interests, Mercury is the ruler of the 7th house cusp and sits in the 3rd house basalmic to Pluto and Venus. This Mercury also trines Uranus in Scorpio on the North node in the 11th, extended family. He chose to marry his cousin because of the family values they were raised with which was an independence of thinking, a family who encouraged free thought and to always be questioning what it is you think you already know. With Venus in Aries in the 3rd, he valued independent thinking and valued this quality in a partner, an independent thinker herself. Gemini is on the 7th house cusp and the ruler Mercury is in Pisces in the 3rd balsalmic to Pluto. Venus is in a new phase to Pluto in Pisces suggesting he would need a partner who could not only hold a mirror up to him but someone who was strong enough and confident enough to challenge his thoughts keeping him in a constant state growth. His partner was the first one to lay eyes on his manuscript and so he needed this absolute trust in her intellectual capacity and in her OBJECTIVE feedback.

His freedom and his need to travel at will and on a whim at times was necessary to advance his research would have been his first love and his front priority and his partner would have to accept this and understand. There was a safety in seeking love in the arms of family but there was also a long history between them with the ruler of his 7th house being Mercury and this is making a balsamic conjunction to Pluto in the 3rd, Mercury also being balsalmic to his Venus in Aries. Darwin would also keep a deep part of himself isolated from his partner even when they were together as it would create a space of inner freedom for him to always return to when necessary. He would need a strong partner to match his inherent passion for life and discovery, one that could hold her own and be as strong as he needed her to be especially when the chips were down. He did give his wife the final transcript of "On the Origin of the species" shouldering her with the ultimate responsibility of whether or not it was mailed and delivered and landing into the right hands. This act was his surrender of the burden he carried and also his need to share the weight of responsibility with her, for them to be partner together in this commitment to advancing the mainstream thought and understanding of the natural world.. His wife's follow-through also reflected her true conviction in his message and life's work, Venus in Aries, ruler Mars in Libra in the 10th, squaring the Moon in Capricorn in the 2nd. His partner would need to be in place to support him, to give him children and to take over when he had nothing left. Beyond a marriage, it was also business partnership and bonded by a blood line that kept them rooted in the same values. He would have needed to feel a timeless trust in his partner, Pluto balsalmic to mercury, ruler of the 7th house, especially because of the magnitude of what was destined to be put on the planet. Venus in Aries Souls naturally attract partners who are as self focused as themselves, but considering the times and the woman's role in the marriage and the home there was undoubtedly a natural submission by his wife because there were children to consider and her front line responsibility would be them. However his partner would have gained a certain sense of power and status simply by association, his partner would have naturally accumulated a sense of importance via her marriage to him and the role she played in this ground breaking work. No doubt the partner he would attract would have had some of her own controlling tendencies as he would have naturally been drawn to her strength and self reliance, as well as her ability to be run the household on her own while he was away, Venus in Aries in the 3rd, ruler Mars in Libra in the 10 square Moon in Capricorn in the 2nd. He needed a partner that could take charge before he even thought to ask for the need for her to do so. This would have the effect of freeing him up knowing things were all under control when he slipped away in his work distractions.

Ultimately and most important of all, he would need a partner who would love him unconditionally, "Mercury in Pisces, ruler of his 7th balsamic to Pluto in Pisces, and Venus in Aries."For better and for worse, until death do we part -Moon in Cap in the second, ruler Saturn in the 12th trining Venus in Aries, also needing a partner who was as committed as he was. The hopeless romantic is also seen with his South Node in the 5th ruler Venus in Aries, trine Neptune in Sag in the 12th, the ruler of his Pluto in Pisces in the 3rd.

I recently heard a country song that reminded me of the kind of love he needed.

She loves me like Jesus does
All the crazy in my dreams,
Both my broken wings,
Every single piece of everything I am,
Yeah, she knows the man I ain't,
She forgives me when I can't,
And the devil man, he don't stand a chance,
Cause she loves me like Jesus does.

Mercury, ruler of the the 7th house cusp, is in Pisces and making a balsamic conjunction to Pluto in the 3rd and opposes Lucifer. Mercury in Pisces is also balsalmic to Venus in Aries.

Darwin would have bouts where his passionate Venus in Aries would display with validating love and energy. Darwin would have gotten bored easily and would have needed to keep the connection and his life with his wife stimulated and moving forward in some way, most of which would have occurred through the advancement of his work, and perhaps she being at his side as an at home editor. I can see the Venus in Aries passion being shared through the evolution of the discoveries and the documented findings with his loaded 3rd house, including Mercury, the ruler of his 7th house.

A note on LILITH

In man's chart Original Lilith connects to a man's ideal image of a woman. With Original Lilith in the 5th in Taurus conjunct his South Node, this this would reflect his need for a partner who has come through his recent past, someone that he grew up with, also a partner who has traveled through time and shared his same experience with culture and family reflected in the South Node in Taurus, ruler Venus in Aries, ruler Mars in Libra in the 10th. He would revere a woman who is self reliant, steady, strong and patient. He would need a partner who thinks the world of him and one who makes him her everything but who still maintains her own individuals passions and creative pursuits and one who could challenge him at every turn, ruler of the Lilith in Taurus is Venus in Aries in the 3rd. This also re-states his 5th house need for a partner who would make him the center of her universe and who would be fertile and produce as many children as possible. She would also need to share his passion for the environment and earth forms as well for his work on evolution. Lilith in Taurus in the 5th is sextiling his Pluto in the 3rd balasmic to Mercury, he would need a partner who would be able to tune into what he was thinking and feeling without even needing to  ask, seamlessly sensitive to his inner space and one who was able to harmonize with him intellectually and validate him whenever was needed. His ideal would be a woman who could also validate him emotionally simply through her tender encouraging touch, Taurus, and to know what he needed and when, never hesitating to take the lead when necessary. With Lilith in Taurus, ruler Venus in Aries in the 3rd, Lilith also opposing Uranus in Scorpio, this would represent his ideal being a partner who could care less about what other people thought of her, a true individual and an independent woman , free at her core, who cares most about expressing her most natural honest self, Lilith in Taurus, ruler Venus in Aries in the 3rd trining Saturn and Neptune in Sagittarius. In essence as all asteroids signatures prove to provide, is further support what we are already seeing in the chart.

With Resolution Lilith in Gemini in the 7th trining Chiron in the 2nd and the MC, this family connection and love found through a connection as cousins, ruler Mercury in the 3rd trining Uranus in Scorpio in the 11th, would prove to heal many of the broken roads of the past. It is also important to note here that often time Souls will choose to be born into the same family or extended family in order to guarantee proximity, in this case also to guarantee not only a like minded upbringing that allowed for free thinking, but one that allowed them to bring everything full circle and heal the past.

Sexually speaking Darwin would have had a strong instinctual sexual magnetism and this would have emanated from the root of being, Pluto in Pisces in a new phase to Venus in Aries. With the ruler Mars being in Libra in the 10th and squaring a Moon in Cap, this energy would have been used in order to secure the attention of his partner, however their intimacy would have carried a more traditional tone and my sense is there would be periods of relative frequency, perhaps only with the intention to conceive, mixed with long dry spells when Darwin's mind would take precedence bombarding all other tendencies, even the sexual instinct to procreate and merge. This withdrawal of sexual energy would also be a result of controlling the relationship so there would not be a threat of enmeshment so his first priority, his need for freedom would be maintained. Within this need for freedom also contains a need for sexual freedom which could be safely tended to in the endless spaces in his mind where the act of watching would water the repressed sexual earth in his Soul. He would value sexual openness because of his innocent curiosity in the sense of mentally entertaining a myriad pf possibilities but there would never be any physical follow through. With Capricorn on the 2nd house cusp, he would be naturally monogamous and also value the power of commitment. By nature a second house Capricorn is naturally a deep sexual archetype. If he chose to explore bringing down his Capricorn barriers and experiencing any sort of intimacy beyond having sex simply for procreation, with Capricorn on the 2nd house cusp and a Moon in Capricorn, he would need some time warming up sexually by hugging and touching to slowly soften all of what he was holding up and back but when ample time was allowed, an entire new universe would open up and healing could happen with the ruler of the 2nd house cusp, Saturn, being in Sag and balsalmic to Neptune in the 12th. Once he had de-thawed his physical body, he would need the sexual act whether alone, which would have occurred far more often, or with his partner, to be long and sustained. The longer the sexual act is sustained the deeper the Capricorn archetype can go because with time the emotions are ignited and layer by layer the holding is peeled away. He would desire sexual intensity because the degree of intensity would directly correspond to the unlocking of his feelings, needs and emotions. However with Venus in Aries in the 3rd,  this reflects 'quicker' sex so to speak and would interrupt his deepest need for the sustained experience. With a history of repression and conditioning, his Moon in Capricorn in the 2nd conjunct the South nodes of Pluto, Saturn and Venus, sex would have occurred with the lights out, under the covers and possibly while being clothed only exposing what was necessary. Following sexual intimacy if he allowed himself to emotionally let go on any level, he would also need to be held like a child in the fetal position with his Moon in Capricorn in the 2nd as well as the polarity being Cancer in his 8th in order for his Soul to feel nurtured and safe following allowing greater expression of vulnerability. With Moon in Capricorn in the 2nd and the Moon naturally ruling the 8th house, in order for evolution to proceed on this level the polarity must be embraced to allow the inner wounded child to be healed.

Venus in Aries in a new phase to Pluto in Pisces, also Venus being the ruler of his South Node in the 5th, Darwin would be like a child innocent in his sexual explorations, similar to exploring virgin territory, most of which would occur in his mind as his need for diversity was so strong and intense, Venus in Aries in a new phase for Pluto in the 3rd trining Uranus in Scorpio, this bold, expressive spontaneity was more safely satisfied in this way. His mind would entertain him, like a defacto act of voyeurism with an imagination that would stimulate his senses and induce sexual spontaneity leading to self pleasure and masturbation.These inner travels would teach him what images ignited what feelings and senses and who he was as a sexual being. However this mental orientation to sex would create a detachment which would lead to feeling sexually frustrated because of always observing versus actively engaging. It would be impossible to become emotionally engaged during sex because he was always 'in his head' and detached from the physical experience.

Even yet, he may have been more reserved however than where his mind was egging him on to travel as his Venus in Aries, is ruled by a 10th house Mars in Libra which squared his Moon in Capricorn. He may have felt guilty for some of the desires that natural lit him up due to his religious conditioning, for whatever is repressed becomes distorted, and he would have repressed countless desires and natural ways of  sexual expression, this occurring for lifetimes. It would be as if someone opened the feeling physical flood gates following electing to spend certain lives sexually locked up in monastic environments as his Soul's way of repenting, he would have also denied himself the gift of a sexual release in other times as a way of self punishment and persecution for his distractions that led to family tragedy as was discussed in prior posts. This is re-stated with the Moon in Cap in the 2nd conjunct the South Nodes of Saturn, Pluto, and Venus and the Moon squaring Mars in Libra in the 10th, the ruler of his Venus in Aries. So the build up in him sexually would have been immense similar to a concrete dam holding back the sea. In his life as Darwin, he would have had to regularly masturbate in order to stay emotionally balanced and stable because of all the emotional repression that would have created added pressure, Venus in Aries, ruler Mars in Libra in the 10th trines his 2nd house Sun in Aquarius. This would have provided a channel for energetic relief and release. The guilt would always follow however, no self pleasuring ever came free Venus in Aries in the 3rd, ruler Venus is Mars in Libra in the 10th squaring his Moon in Capricorn, ruler Saturn and Jupiter in Sag squaring Pluto. His essential sexual needs/fantasies would have also been kept a secret from his partner because the residual conditioning resulted in harsh self judgement for these sexual desires, not only "what does this mean about me" but also "what would she think of me"? and so he created a safe container to store these erotic longings and would return to the private inner movie screen. He may have inwardly explored the wildly unusual with Aquarius on his 3rd house cusp, the ruler Uranus in Scorpio in the 11th conjunct the North Node and trine his Pluto in Pisces in the 3rd, also the Sun in Aquarius in the 2nd trining his 10th house Mars in Libra, ruler Venus in Aries in the 3rd, and his Soul demanded full freedom to watch and witness everything and anything that had been building and had been denied, to rebel against his own mind and the sexual prison it created in the past, ruler of his Venus in Aries is Mars in Libra in the 10th trining a 2nd house Sun in Aquarius. This would have also been his way of getting in touch with the diversity of his own natural instincts and desires by VIEWING and exploring it all in his own sweet time, Capricorn on the 2nd house cusp, and then choosing which images he would want to return to and which scenes had the deepest hold on him. His way of somewhat backing himself out of the guilt would have been an "its ok to look but not touch scenario".

Sexually speaking with respect to his partner, intimacy with extended family is seen with the ruler of his South Node in Taurus being Venus in Aries in the 3rd, Balsalmic to Mercury, the ruler of his 7th cusp. Also Venus in Aries in the 3rd, Aquarius sits on the 3rd house cusp, ruler of his Venus is Mars in Libra in the 10th sextiles his South Node of Mars in Sag and squares Moon in Cap, going against the sexual norm. With Aquarius on his 3rd house cusp Darwin would be liberating himself and rebelling against common values and relationship forms. For Darwin he followed what felt like for him was the natural fit. Mercury, ruler of his 7th cusp is also trining Uranus in Scorpio in the 11th conjunct his North Node in Scorpio in the 11th. Even though he may have followed his instinct with his cousin as his chosen partner he still would have gotten caught up in what other people thought and felt the projections of the patriarchal mentality that their way was the "right  or proper way" to relate. The guilt as result of how his own residual conditioning and wanting to "˜appear' normal and be accepted with the ruler of his Venus in Aries being Mars in Libra in the 10th, would have not allowed him to be totally free sexually with her or fully access his South Node of Mars in Sag but that day in another lifetime is coming as his North Node of Mars is in Aries and will trine his South Node of Mars in Sagittarius in the first, ruler of his Venus in Aries and North Node of Venus in Aries.

EXPECTATIONS

With Venus in Aries there is an instinctual need of feeling special and since Venus is the ruler of his South Node, there is this feeling they everything should revolve around him and his needs.This Venus in Aries, especially with it being the ruler of a South Node in Taurus in the 5th would have generated maximum self indulgence in his own personal needs. This is re-stated further with the ruler of his Venus in Aries being Mars in Libra in terms of having instinctual expectations, Libra and with the square to his Moon in Capricorn, when they are not met, anger would be the result. Also whenever his freedom was threatened in any way, anger would also follow. With Venus in Aries being the ruler of the South Node in the 5th can lead to a self indulging to the point of eclipsing the partners needs and keeping his own needs in full focus and plain view. He would expect that the partner's needs take the backseat to his own. He would expect to be in "˜control of the clock'  in charge of how he chose to use his time and when, Venus in Aries is balsalmic to Mercury, the ruler of his 7th house cusp. The ruler of his Venus in Aries, ruler Mars in Libra in the 10th squaring the moon in Cap, ruler Saturn trining Venus in Aries..  With such an extremity of energy with respect to his need for independence and his need to be in relationships, his Soul is learning how to strike a better balance and to not just form relationships based on how others can serve him but for him to give equally to those that he forms connections to.

In essence, the evolutionary intention with respect to Darwin's relationship with himself and though extension with God, which will in turn impact and improve his relationship with others starts with unlocking his loaded 2nd house with a Moon in Cap conjunct the South Nodes of Pluto, Saturn and Venus, squaring Mars in Libra in the 10th which opposes his Venus in Aries. It starts within, with his inner relationship to himself and will require him to embrace the polarity in Cancer in the 8th house. He would need to reflect deeply on the nature of his psychological imprinting created by his parental environment and the society he was born into that has impacted upon him and how this has shaped and defined his self image and sense of self. So the intention is to create a new self image that is free of the shackles and chains, one that will totally alter his inner relationship with himself thus changing his inner vibratory nature and all that he attracts moving forward. He will learn how to forgive himself, ruler of his second being Saturn in Sag conjunct Neptune, the higher octave of Venus, in the 12th. Via the polarity of Capricorn, Cancer in the 8th he will learn to relate to himself with softer more forgiving strokes, to feel deep within himself the needs and emotions that have been arrested as a result of his conditioning and fears of rejection and judgment. He will need to go back, to heal the inner child, in order to move forward again. Once he learns how to self nurture and emotionally self provide which includes tuning into the natural God for sustainment and support, 12th house, Neptune and the higher octave of Venus, his sense of entitlement and expectations of others will fall away. He will in time find a way to find balance in relationship, participating because he wants to not because he needs to or because of what others can do for him, Venus in Aries in the 3rd, ruler Mars in Libra in the 10th. The cardinal Axis and planets in cardinal signs is energetically peaking which includes his North Node of Venus also being in Aries as well as the ruler North Node of Mars being in Aries suggesting it will take an extreme to counteract the extremity of the imbalance. Perhaps one example of this would be reflected in the possibility of a gender switch that would allow for him to integrate more deeply his feminine emotional side. Not only is the polarity of his Moon in Capricorn in Cancer in the 8th, it is conjunct the North Nodes of Pluto and Saturn in Cancer. Darwin's North Node of Mars, the ruler of his natal Venus in Aries is also in Aries in the 4th house, representing a new gender cycle. Whether he reincarnates as a male or a female, for personal evolution to take place, he will need to soften and become vulnerable in every way, in order to establish necessary balance and to experience inner strength once again - he will discover that ultimate strength as well as healing lies in the vulnerability!

peace & gratitude,
kristin

ari moshe

Thank you so much for your feedback Rad, I really appreciate that.
With much love, am

mirta

Hi Rad and Group
I am having problems to paste the complete text, I believe I will have to type it but I cannot do it now. I  am sorry

Some thoughts about Darwin's Venus

With Venus in Aries in 3rd house the Soul has been initiating in the last lifetimes a new cycle of personal development regarding his values, inner relationship and relationships with others.
Freedom is the necessary condition to this cycle's actualization together with initiative and flexibility.
"I am not apt to follow blindly the lead of other men"
"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

SURVIVAL:
2nd house reflects difficulties in survival: trauma and guilt for not having been present when family members needed him in order to survive; persecutions that make difficult to metaphorically "survive"  in a patriarchal society while questioning its consensus beliefs, previously accepted by the Soul (SNs in Cap, Mars in 10th house square these SNs, Venus in Aries inconjunct Uranus conjunct NN in Scorpio in 11th house), and free survival of this beliefs (Jupiter NP conjunct Pluto, ruler Neptune conjunct Saturn in 12th house).
For this Soul survival of beliefs equals Soul's survival; survival of beliefs linked to Natural Law and consequent evolution of consensus beliefs is priority in the Soul's intention, goal and meaning (Venus in 3rd house in a stellium with Pluto in Pisces conjunct Jupiter and ruled by Neptune in Sag, PPP in 9th house Virgo conjunct Urania and NN Sophia, Pluto 12th ruler, its ruler in 12th house, Venus trine Saturn Neptune in 12th house, PP in 9th house).
What are then the values that derive from and grant survival and meaning?

VALUES
Truth and Honesty
When he was asking marriage to Emma, his father advised him not to say anything about his beliefs, but he decided to be sincere.
To his friend J. D. Hooker, he wrote:"I thank God because you are one of the few men that dare to say the truth.", also that search for fame produce regrettable facts, while love for truth would never cause that a man would bitterly attack another.
Darwin had not stumbled upon truth; rather he had diligently uncovered it through a meticulous, analytic process of everything from ancient fossils to the lung capacity of flightless kiwi birds."False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views, if supported by some evidence, do little harm, for everyone takes a salutory pleasure in proving their falseness; and when this is done, one path toward errors is closed and the road to truth is often at the same time opened." (Venus trine Saturn and Neptune in Sag, PP in 9th house, inconjunct NN in Scorpio).

Moon in Cap in 2nd house reflects defense of pain, to it  the Soul choose repressing his emotions, even at risk of being always physically ill, but not repressing freedom, courage or manifestation of truth.
The superior goal of unveiling and reveling the truth based on Natural Law led him to adopting as survival needs reflection, discipline, caution and prudence as a way of not creating more pain for himself and others and for attaining the goal of revolutionizing consensus values through his searching and theories.

Intellectual honesty
"[Darwin] ... was one of the least combative of men and was forced into the position of challenging orthodoxy by intellectual honesty and the desire to substantiate a scientific theory; he did not... actively enjoy thumbing his nose at the theologians." (2nd house ruler Saturn in Sag, Venus trine Saturn, PP Venus in 9th house in Libra, ruler Mars in Libra)
Change in response to environmental limitations or changes
"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."
It is not the strongest, even not the fittest (actually a Spencer's statement) as it was said; indeed survival is related to a individual response, a reaction (3rd house) to experiences of environmental limitation (Cap, Venus trine Sat) by means of transformation of a limitation, a mutation (Scorpio NN) and posterior transmission and conservation of these changes, or improvement, by procreation (Taurus in 6th house).  
Ultimate meaning with Scorpio in 12th house is linked to evolution, to transformation of limitations, while in Taurus survival is linked to procreation, on Scorpio is evolution that ensures survival.

Freedom and Equality (especially race equality)
(Venus in Aries ruled by Mars in Libra in 10th house square SNs in Cap, PP in Libra in 9th house)
Contrary to what it has been said about Darwin's racism, his statements show that he was not, and actually an abolitionist.
In the complete title of Darwin's seminal work; On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection or the Preservation of Favored Races in the Struggle for Life, the reference to "favored races" was not a reference to human races per se, Darwin barely mentioned humans at all in this book. Rather it was merely a reference to localized variations within a species (generic), which may, in a changing environment, grant greater survival value.
Regarding humans, he stated: "It may be doubted whether any character can be named which is distinctive of a race and is constant." (On the Races of Man")
"There is good evidence that the art of shooting with bows and arrows has not been handed down from any common progenitor of mankind, yet the stone arrow-heads, brought from the most distant parts of the world and manufactured at the most remote periods, are, as Nilsson has shewn, almost identical; and this fact can only be accounted for by the various races having similar inventive or mental powers."(On the Races of Man)
"Now when naturalists observe a close agreement in numerous small details of habits, tastes and dispositions between two or more domestic races, or between nearly-allied natural forms, they use this fact as an argument that all are descended from a common progenitor who was thus endowed; and consequently that all should be classed under the same species. The same argument may be applied with much force to the races of man."

Slavery:
"I was told before leaving England, that after living in slave countries: all my options would be altered; the only alteration I am aware of is forming a much higher estimate of the Negros character. It is impossible to see a negro & not feel kindly toward him; such cheerful, open honest expressions & such fine muscular bodies; I never saw any of the diminutive Portuguese with their murderous countenances, without almost wishing for Brazil to follow the example of Haiti; & considering the enormous healthy looking black population, it will be wonderful if at some future day it does not take place. "• (to Catherine Darwin, 1833)
"I feel glad that this happened in the land of the Brazilians, for I bear them no good will - a land also of slavery, and therefore of moral debasement...On the 19th of August we finally left the shores of Brazil, I thank God, I shall never again visit a slave-country. To this day, if I hear a distant scream, it recalls with painful vividness my feelings, when passing a house near Pernambuco, I heard the most pitiable moans, and could not but suspect that some poor slave was being tortured, yet knew that I was as powerless as a child even to remonstrate. I suspected that these moans were from a tortured slave, for I was told that this was the case in another instance."
". . . if the misery of our poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin; but how this bears on slavery, I cannot see; . . . Those who look tenderly at the slave owner, and with a cold heart at the slave, never seem to put themselves into the position of the latter; what a cheerless prospect, with not even a hope of change! picture to yourself the chance, ever hanging over you, of your wife and your little children - those objects which nature urges even the slave to call his own - being torn from you and sold like beasts to the first bidder! And these deeds are done and palliated by men, who profess to love their neighbours as themselves, who believe in God, and pray that his Will be done on earth! It makes one's blood boil, yet heart tremble, to think that we Englishmen and our American descendants, with their boastful cry of liberty, have been and are so guilty. . ." The Voyage of the Beagle (1839)
"Some few, & I am one, even and wish to God, though at the loss of millions of lives, that the North would proclaim a crusade against Slavery. . . Great God how I should like to see the greatest curse on Earth Slavery abolished. "• Letter to Asa Gray,1861),

It is interesting to note that Darwin was born the same day that Lincoln. And this not only point out what the souls may share, but also that he expressed and catalyzed a process already underway in the collective unconscious (all those planets in Pisces, including Pluto ruler of 12th house; ruler Neptune in Sag in 12th house conjunct Saturn ruler of Moon, 2nd house cusp and all SNs, including Venus, and natural ruler of Venus ruler Mars in 10th house).  

INNER NATURE OF VENUS:
"The inner nature of Venus correlates to how we are inwardly relating to ourselves, and how we go about uniting inwardly discordants aspects of our overall nature of personality." (Pluto 2, pag. 127)
Inner relation to himself:
Although we see guilt and repression in his 2nd house Moon, Venus reflects freedom in his inner relation, and courage to bear self-doubt and paradoxical needs and behavior, letting them to coexist (ruler Mars in Libra).  
His individualism and need of loneliness coexisted with his emotional need of his wife, his independence coexisted with his awareness of interdependence. He was hesitant and self doubting, even in his views and beliefs, however firm in affirming them after seriously improving them (Venus in 3rd house, ruler Mars in Libra, Taurus 6th house)  
The balsamic semi- sextile to SN reflects his challenge to let go of narcissism and progressively replacing it  by humility and care for the other; trauma, acknowledgement of its causes and responsibility allowed to understand the purpose of his social role and commitment to his higher ideal, understanding and promoting collective evolution. (Venus balsamic semi-sextile SN, inconjunct NN conjunct Uranus in Scorpio in 11th house)    
The goal of transforming limitations, pushing limits in order to evolve in direction to truth and Natural Law is the beacon that led his intention of uniting, or at least letting to coexist inwardly discordants aspects of his personality.
To it he needed to surrender pain, fear, and sometimes independence, especially regarding family life.

Family Life
With Venus in Aries in 3rd house, freedom and independence is basic in all his relationships with others. However, the paradoxical and sometimes conflictive aspects of his inner relationship of course influenced these relationships.
Family is an important focus of identity with Vesta in 4th house as it is an inner feeling of duty and dedication. Trauma and guilt increases responsibility and dedication.
The Soul's intention to accept responsibility and make amends guided the choice of Ceres and Juno in Pisces that reflects prior and current losses but also a compassionate and empathic attitude to family, that correlates with the inherent ability to listen and consider the other's needs (ruler Mars in Libra).
Moon in Cap also suggest a fatherly ego, which despite the repressed emotions could manifest through responsibility, commitment, care for material needs and moral guide, role traditionally attributed to the father. This was may be the way to express Soul's profound (unconditional?) love (Pluto, Ceres and Juno in Pisces, Venus trine Saturn conjunct Neptune in 12th house)

Within this, his relationship with his wife merits a special consideration. Here the "feminine" aspects of the Soul, the different aspects of his anima interweave in a different way.
The displaced emotional needs reflected in his Cap Moon, ruler of his 8th house, and lived in this lifetime through the loss of the mother, created an emotional dependency of her, sometimes childlike. In 1848, with 39 years old he wrote her a letter saying:  "My dearest old Mammy ... Without you, when sick I feel most desolate  ... Oh Mammy I do long to be with you and under your protection for then I feel safe."
In medical reports about his panic, was stated that Darwin felt "nervousness when Emma leaves me".
However, even while Emma told him that she was sad that their opinions on the most important subject should differ widely ...  and although they never were able to see eye-to-eye on the question of religion and God, he kept his views and in the end, each of them accepted and, it seems, truly understood what the other believed. (Venus in Aries in 3rd house, ruler Mars in Libra, PP in Libra in 9th house)
The Venus balsamic semi-sextile to SN and the trine to Saturn and Neptune, rulers of Moon, Ceres and Juno, as well as the Libra rulership is reflected in his saying to Emma before their wedding: "Excuse this much egotism, I give it to you, because I think you will humanise me, and soon teach me there is greater happiness, than building theories and accumulating facts in silence and solitude." It was also an acknowledgment of her importance in uniting inwardly discordants aspects of his personality.
Anima as contrasexual archetype:
I believe that Venus, as inner feminine side of a man, shares with Moon the aspect of Anima, especially as contrasexual archetype.
Analogous to Venus, inner and outer relationship archetype, Anima according to Jung ". . . is the caricature of feminine Eros . . . Eros is an interlacing. . . Eros is relationship. . ." (CW 13), and ". . . the anima transforms itself, by integration, in the Eros of the consciousness . . . the anima imprints a relation and a polarity to man's consciousness. . . "
Independent Venus conjunct Vesta (and modulated by Mars in Libra) balances the emotional dependency making him able to establish an equality relationship with his wife, according to his evolutionary stage.
Mars in Libra ruling Venus and its NN, as well as the semi-sextile to SN reflect the intention of letting go of the past narcissism and opening to the other's needs becoming more flexible; the intention of flexibility in relationships is also suggested by R.L. in Gemini in 7th house.
Venus in Mar's sign while Mars is in her sign, suggests an advanced integration between masculine and feminine aspects, - an evolved anima searching and inner equality and balance - reflected in his marriage in which he not only lived a displaced emotional need, but also mutual respect, that also manifested in his wife's attitude to his work and his following her opinion regarding it.
In this aspect I also see what Upasika pointed out regarding a preparation for a gender shift.
Rad, Venus as anima is correct from a EA point of view?
Thank you for your guidance
God Bless
Mirta

Upasika

Hi Rad,

I am working on mine but have had many disruptions. Hopefully I'll be able to get it posted tomorrow - sorry for the holdup and thanks for being so patient.

blessings Upasika

Rad

Hi Kristin,

Thank you for making this incredible effort to understand the EA of why Darwin chose to have Venus in Aries as well as all the other contributing factors to that Venus in total. Your EA analysis is simply brilliant work in which you have covered all the main issues and dynamics related to the Venus archetype in total. The only dynamic that you missed is the one that correlates to how and listened to others, and how others would listen to him: the psychology of hearing.

Your EA analysis of his sexuality, which is part of the Venus archetype, was spot on that linked all the various inner dynamics within him that manifested in the way that it did.

Your entire EA analysis was extremely comprehensive and in depth, the very depth that the uniqueness of EA provides. Your EA reasoning was utterly sound and completely correct. There were just a couple of instances where you misstated some of the astrological signatures such as his Lucifer being in the 10th, and that he had a full phase Mars/Venus. Of course his Lucifer is in his 9th which only magnifies to type of doubt that you spoke about so clearly and correctly relative to his own intuitions that could plague him from time to time.

This simply brilliant EA work Kristin. This is how EA is meant to be done. And for all those who are following and reading this thread you are also, as with all of our other contributors, helping them learn the correct use and power of EA.

Bravo !!

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Mirta,

We can wait until you have the space to copy and paste the entire text of what you wish too regarding Darwin's Venus. So will wait for that to comment upon.

God Bless, Rad