School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

JWG'S Planetary Method of Chart Interpretation ...

Started by Rad, Feb 15, 2013, 11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad

Hi Gonzalo,

Your EA analysis of the Mars placement chosen by the Soul of Darwin, and all of it's related connections, is simply brilliant EA work. Your EA reasoning is exceptionally sound and, of course, totally accurate. You have understood how the 'leading edge' of Mars, as it is the lower octave of Pluto, exactly manifests in the CONTEXT on the ongoing evolutionary journey of the Soul of Charles Darwin by way of the desires to be acted upon. You have demonstrated how this has manifested not only in his career or work in the world, but also his personal sexual life, and why that life.

This is how EA is meant to be done. In so doing you are helping all others who come to this thread to read about it. Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this Gonzalo.

Bravo !!

God Bless, Rad

Kristin

Hi Rad and group,

First want to say..so glad you are back Gonzalo..that write-up on Mars was excellent! It is incredible the handle of the English language you have in expressing yourself especially considering it is not your first language. Beyond that, the depth, the detail and your understanding is truly remarkable...thank you!

My sincere apologies but I have some pressing commitments that are not allowing me the time to dedicate to this Mars post in the way that is sufficiently required, so I need to bow out of this one.

Peace,
Kristin

Upasika

Hi Rad,

I have been a bit snowed under with work comittments, and a death, so haven't had time to even look at anything at the moment. However I am hoping to at least get a start on it this weekend, and probably get it finished next week some time. Very sorry for the delay.

Upasika

ari moshe

Darwin's Mars.

Mars is just approaching a full phase sesquiquad with Pluto.
Mars is in first quarter sesquiquad with Mercury
Mars is square the Moon in Cap in the 2nd as well as the plantary nodes in Cap in the 1st and 2nd.
Mars also squares the planetary nodes in the 8th in Cancer.
Mars is ruled by Venus in mutual reception and they are in a gibbous phase with one another.
Mars is trine Darwin's Sun in Aquarius in the 2nd.

The south node of Mars is in Sag in the 1st house conjunct the sn of Uranus. This sn squares Pluto.
The north node of mars is in Aries in the 4th squaring the same planetary nodes as Mars itself, just from the 4th house instead of the 10th house.

Mars corresponds to how the soul will consciously act upon the unconscious desires emanating from the soul. This reflects the path, the ever unfolding leading edge of the soul's ongoing evolutionary journey. It corresponds to an ongoing sense of becoming, of moving towards something and away from something else. The first thing I want to look at in understanding the desire nature of Darwin is the interface between the unconscious Pluto desires and the translation of those desires through the conscious Mars impulse.

Pluto is in Pisces in the 3rd which as we have spoken extensively corresponds to the deeper desire within the soul to understand the interconnectiveness of all things within reality. This has implied for many lifetimes, with Mercury in balsamic conjunct with Pluto, an inner yearning and obsession with connecting all the dots of reality - and thus being faced with the internal limitations and mysteries of what can and cannot be known within human consciousness. This soul has been reconciling with making sense out of all kinds of data, perspectives, points of views and an infinite array of knowledge about the environment. This soul is ultimately learning to accept that it will never achieve complete and total knowledge of all things. To protect itself from this ultimate "insecurity" of not knowing, this soul has oriented to place absolute meaning in various intellectual formulations of reality so as to produce a sense of intellectual security. This Pluto reflects an ongoing evolutionary dynamic over many lifetimes of this soul coming to recognize its relative smallness in the face of totality. This Mars signature on the other hand symbolizes a very tangible and direct drive to actualize the soul's purpose WITHIN the bounds of time and space. Pluto by itself is linked with very strong mutable energy in this chart - and yet for this soul these desires have been directed through an inner pressure to succeed and get along in this world - 10th house Libra.

There are 2 dynamics I can see from this. First the soul was aware of time, which included the awareness of having a role to fulfill and work to achieve that his family would have been dependent on (10th house square to Cap in the 2nd). This required that he become incredibly focused and self determined relative to the work he was doing. The approaching sesquiqudrate in the full phase to Pluto in my comprehension implies that this soul needed to interact with society as a whole, with all kinds of people who share different social values than his own and necessarily learn to integrate his research and travels within that. All this symbolizes for this soul an inner pressure to get on with it - to do the work he is here to do with consideration for the social environment he was living in. In other words that he couldn't just do it however he wanted to do. That's a core aspect of the full phase here, to cooperate with existing social forces.

With the chart Rad posted on Dampier, it's meaningful to note that Dampier's sn is conjunct Darwin's Mars. Dampier's sn is in Libra in the 11th house and squares Pallas Athene in Cap in the 2nd which is also conjunct Darwin's Moon and the planetary south nodes. Dampier's sn also squares Saturn in Cancer and mercury in the 8th which also aligns with the planetary south nodes. In the life of Dampier there were clearly issues around personal authority, fitting in, feeling attacked/limited by external authorities. One of this soul's lessons was one of cooperation and sharing. Given that Dampier's nn is in Aries in the 5th with its ruler Mars in Libra in the 10th the lesson for this soul was to follow his own path while developing social maturity; getting along with and respecting others. He also had a Pluto in the 7th.

I share this to emphasize what seems to me the importance of Darwin's Mars forming that full phase sesquiquad with Pluto: limitations of personal power. With Venus on his IC in a gibbous phase with Mars and ruling Mars, the purpose for this soul was to work on his social maturity and respectability while also following his own path. In other words his own freedom and independence being checked and restricted by the need to fit into society be socially agreeable. One correlation for Mars in Libra is the learning to create balance between extremes, not just innately balanced.

I imagine within these signatures that this soul would feel easily bored and stressed out by bureaucratic, seemingly unnecessary rules and social conventions. And yet it was just those things that were also humbling for this soul. Without being responsible and following these conventions he would not have achieved the success that he did. He would have been limited by the law and other authoritative forces.

It even seems that the guilt within the soul of Darwin has lead him to be extra agreeable, accommodating to others. This itself implying a great repression of anger. This repression and agreeability is the result of having been unchecked and selfish in his behavior in the past.

Relative to all the Capricorn in the 2nd, at the core this soul was incredibly private and internal and was highly focused on survival which included supporting his own family. The ongoing evolutionary lesson for this soul was and has been to develop more lightness by connecting to his own emotional interior. Moon ruling the 8th house, planetary north nodes in the 8th house squaring Mars. The loss of his own mother and the prevailing attitude of mourning that seemed to imbue his entire life was a reflection of this soul coming to terms with death which translates to this soul learning that he can't just be a boy forever. It's interesting that Dampier's Saturn was in the 8th house in Cancer, reflected again with Darwin's Moon in Capricorn in the 2nd, ruling the 8th house.

Mars is forming a first quarter sesquiquad with Mercury - almost gibbous. This correlates to the necessity in this life to focus the free expanse of knowledge and data gathering and to refine, improve upon and develop the data and information that was necessary to be further clarified. This aspect points to the pressure within this soul to generate actions that will allow him to improve and develop greater accuracy and precision in his calculations and data collections. This also means that this soul knew, as per the implied maturation with Mars in the 10th, that there was a need to focus and develop this kind of self accuracy relative to other people's expectations. Since this aspect is completing the first quarter phase, it represents this soul moving away from the Leonian reality of specialness and self importance. It symbolizes the inner pressure within this soul to actually make sure he was doing something helpful to the world. As I understand it, the life of Dampier brought great fame and yet Dampier's accomplishments were not as focused, refined and intentional as in the life of Darwin.

This Mercury squares the AC-DC, which relative to that Mars in Libra in the 10th just re-emphasizes how difficult it would have been for this soul to navigate his own sense of purpose and direction (which had a lot to do with time management) and all the kinds of idea/social conventions/expectations/projections emanating from other people. I imagine a lot of his stomach issues simply were exacerbated by all the emotional repression that he affected upon himself while in social circumstances.

The overall context of how this soul has consciously acted upon his desires is reflected in the sn of Mars in Sag in the 1st conjunct the sn of Uranus and square Pluto and Jupiter in Pisces in the 3rd. The correlations to this as I can see it: he has required a great amount of freedom and independence to actualize his desires in this world in according with his own intuition. He has traveled and directed his journey as he saw fit. It's also clear that this soul has worked with groups in the past, with the sn of Mars with the sn of Uranus and Uranus itself being in the 11th house. There was a great degree of inquisitiveness and random action involved in this soul's past. Jupiter in Pisces in the 3rd rules this south node: these actions were oriented to collecting data and synthesizing this data to understand the various innate connections that exist within the environment. There was also a natural intuition for this soul that there is something more to discover. The main issue however implied with these signatures is the immaturity and instinctive need to act upon these impulses to go out and learn and find things out. This would have lead to a great degree of recklessness/clumsiness on the one hand, and accidental discoveries on the other.

Relative to the Capricorn squares to that Mars in the 10th house this further emphasizes the stress that this soul has experienced around needing to cooperate with social forces and the limitations that he has experienced as a result of trying to do everything by himself, his own way: Saturn with Neptune in the 12th, Neptune ruling that Jupiter. There may have been lifetimes of having been blocked or limited from his explorations or having been stuck in foreign environments/at sea without direction thus limiting his capacity to act upon his desire to explore and learn.

The north node of Mars is in Aries in the 4th. This is a fascinating placement for this soul. It squares the planetary nodes in Cancer and Cap and yet also reemphasizes the emotional development within this soul. This Mars symbolizes the ongoing evolutionary impulse within this soul to develop emotional freedom, to reconnect to the playful inner child. It correlates to this soul coming to terms with his own identity and living in a way that reflects who he simply is. At some point this soul will begin incarnating into female form. This will be a meaningful evolutionary transition for this soul given the Cancer squares to his 10th house Mars. He will learn to develop emotional independence which will include learning how to nurture and care for himself while also maintaining a social identity that is balanced, not polarized to fit into the social expectations of who he is supposed to be.

In a sense this reflects this soul's ongoing lesson in learning to access his own emotional body even without a mother (both literally and in a more spiritual existential sense - him feeling alone in this world: Moon in cap in the 2nd ruling the 8th house). The unfolding desire of this soul, noting the north node of Pluto in Cancer squaring the nn of Mars in the 4th, is to understand his own identity, to know who he is internally on an emotional level. With Mars itself ruling this north node it symbolizes balanced relationships, accessing a role in this world, which includes gender identity that does not require emotional repression - where he can continue to develop a sense of who he is on an emotional level. Relationship wise, he will begin to explore relationship with others who themselves are not gender polarized.

Another correlation to point out with the strong Capricorn Cancer squares to this Mars is just the overall dynamic of this soul participating and finding his own identity within the context of patriarchal society. He is completing many lifetimes of emotional repression and fitting into social hierarchies that are not natural. Yet he himself has become conditioned by those hierarchies: Cap Moon squaring Mars in the 10th. The key really is for this soul to cultivate a relationship with the emotional body, which is completely other than what he has felt capable or even allowed to do. This again is stressed with the nn of Mars in the 4th and the Cancer north nodes in the 8th with the Moon back in Cap in the 2nd squaring the north node of Mars in the 4th.

As I see it the main correlations here with Mars squaring the 8th house Cancer and 2nd house Capricorn axis including the north nodes of Pluto and Saturn has to do with lifetimes where there was great loss at an emotional level. On one level this correlates to the gradual shift into patriarchal society where emotions became repressed and gender roles became unnaturally set with all kinds of judgments, and sexuality became linked to possessiveness. The kinds of losses that this soul has experiences was incredibly devastating and stunting to his emotional growth and his sense of safety/protection in the world. As a result he developed an identity that allowed him to integrate his experiences so as to stay safe; to not open the locks of his emotional loneliness - Moon in Cap in 2nd squaring Mars , Moon ruing the 8th house. This has created crisis of personal survival versus the deeper inner need to let go and access emotional chaos and true intimacy. In the life of Darwin he had not yet achieved that emotional chaos and vulnerability - his soul simply wasn't ready for that yet (8th house is ruled by the Moon in Cap in the 2nd. He needed to secure his home first). However in the ongoing evolutionary scheme of things, he is learning to let go of the protection and to actually present himself to the world (Libra in the 10th) in a way that does not reflect a polarized repression of his natural emotional nature.

More specifically I see the correlation that there was emotional loss and yet this soul had to keep on going relative to the purpose that he identified in these various lives. Mars squaring the nodes of Saturn and Pluto themselves  both of which are connected strongly to this soul's past of traveling, writing and cataloging (Saturn in Sag, Pluto in Pisces) all relative to the sn of Mars itself in Sag in the 1st. This soul has literally sucked it up and moved on to travel, explore, learn, write etc all the while there being deep grief being tucked away. I imagine, with that Mars in Libra in the 10th there has often been a deep longing for a friend, someone to talk to and listen to. And yet accessing that need consciously enough to manifest such friendship may have been a challenge for this soul.

Some other dynamics to take into account here is the Mars trine to the Sun in Aquarius in the 2nd house, this corresponds to the great amount of creative energy that this soul used by isolating himself and focusing upon the work that was necessary for his purpose. Since the sun is ruled by Uranus on the NN which takes us back to Pluto and its full phase sesquiquad with Mars, we see that these themes of scientific discovery and social application have already been at play in prior lives.

Regarding the sexual desires of this soul with Mars in Libra in the 10th and its south node in sag in the 1st, this soul in the past has definitely needed immense freedom to act upon his own sexual desires. I imagine in prior lives this soul would have enjoyed meeting/courting woman of different cultures and backgrounds and having quick sexual encounters with them. In a sense this symbolized an abuse of his own power/social authority and gender assignment/position. As we have already discussed Darwin's sexual nature was predominately masturbatory - oriented towards quick sensual satisfaction and not a great degree of emotional intimacy involved. However with the Moon in 2nd house squaring Mars in Libra in the 10th with the Moon ruling the 8th, he actually had a deeper need to be touched and nurtured, and yet due to repression and gender identification this soul has translated those deeper emotional needs to sexual impulses that he would direct towards woman. The north node of Mars being in Aries in the 4th house to me correlates to the need for this soul to connect to the primal feminine instinct within, instead of just depending on a social personal that is acceptance and expected of him.

I've been wondering if this soul in the life of Darwin sought out sexual encounters outside of his marriage. My sense is that he did not - and that if he did, he likely did it in the context of some sort of "structure" like a brothel of some sort, and only while he was on travel. He would have also been very attractive to people on a public level. His social persona was agreeable, handsome and respectable and yet he was very inwardly focus, lived with strong boundaries and was not oriented to opening up and let others in very easily. This is why I imagine, if anything, that he would have sought out more socially respectable forms of sexual gratification that was more accepted among men. On the other hand, I can see how such desires (whether or not he acted on them or not) would have created immense guilt for this soul! This guilt is linked to his own loss of his mother and the profound commitment and devotion of his wife to support and take care of him. My sense is that in the life of Darwin, this soul was predominately oriented towards fidelity and restricted his sexual impulses if they were not appropriate or if they were not in relationship with his own wife.

Thank you so much for this ongoing support Rad.
God bless, Ari Moshe

Rad

Hi Ari,

First, thanks for taking the time to do this part of our ongoing Planetary Method. Your EA work and analysis of why Darwin chose the Mars placement, in total, was simply brilliant work. Your EA reasoning is exceptionally sound, and your weaving in the link to the prior dynamics of Dampier to Darwin is as accurate as it is instructional for all others who are reading this thread.

This is how EA is meant to be done. And you, with the rest of our little group here who are continuing on with this thread, are providing invaluable instruction into what and how Evolutionary Astrology is, and how is meant to be done.

Bravo !!

God Bless, Rad

mirta

Hi Rad and Group

I am sorry, I am not able to continue with our work at this moment.
My energy level being low, much work and sad life circumstances have required my attention in the last months. Now it's beginning to have consequences on my health, not serious yet but I need to take care.
I hope to recover energy and resume the work.
Thank you for this opportunity, teaching and support.
God Bless
Mirta

Rad

Quote from: mirta on Jul 14, 2013, 06:46 PM
Hi Rad and Group

I am sorry, I am not able to continue with our work at this moment.
My energy level being low, much work and sad life circumstances have required my attention in the last months. Now it's beginning to have consequences on my health, not serious yet but I need to take care.
I hope to recover energy and resume the work.
Thank you for this opportunity, teaching and support.
God Bless
Mirta

Hi Mirta,

So sad to hear. All of our prayers and support will be coming your way.

God Bless, Rad

Gray

Mirta,

I also will be thinking of you and hope you find some good rest, healing, and regeneration.

Rad-

I also wanted to let you know I am planning to post on Darwin's Mars as soon as possible. I'm not sure if there is anyone else planning to post or not, so feel free to move on if necessary.  I will post as soon as possible.

PEACE
Gray

mirta

Thank you Rad and Gray. God Bless you
Mirta

Rad

Hi Gray,

Upasika is planning on posting too. So this thread has come down to you, Gonzalo, Ari, and Upasika.

God Bless, Rad

Upasika

Hi Rad & Gray,

Yes I do hope to post. I've made a bit of a start on the weekend and was hoping to do the rest this week but have fallen behind schedule with some unexpected events. I do still plan on finishing but might not get to to it this week at all, and although I'd then really try for early next week there is a possibility it wouldn't be until nearer the end of the the week. So if that's just too long to wait I'll have to accept defeat at the hands of our friend Mercury ... he has not been helpful to me at all this time, I had a lot on as it was and now major delays have cropped up. Just let me know if this is too long to wait.

And Mirta, all the best with such a difficult time, best wishes to you.

blessings Upasika

Rad

Hi Upasika,

As long as you, Gray, Ari,and Gonzalo wish to continue on in this thread, which I certainly hope that you all do, we will just keep going no matter how much time it takes for any one of you to complete whatever stage, next step, we are at.

God Bless, Rad

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Thank you for understanding the time difficulties. And yes, I feel to continue the thread right through to the end.

Upasika

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Finally things slowed down enough for me to get something done .. thanks for your patience.

Why Charles Darwin's Mars is in Libra 10th

What is it that is central to all our lives? For the great majority it is the sense of being ourselves.

It is from this sense of being a something or somebody (that has awareness of it's environment) that we perceive everything outside us via our physical senses "¦ and it is from this sense of self that we then try and make mental and emotional sense of all we have perceived in our environment. Central to this process is the sense of "ourself" - it is from this and to this that everything is referred.

This core sense of ourself (which we generally call me/myself/I) is an inner sense which is infused into our subconscious by the Moon (inner child/maternal urge/emotions), the 4th house and planets in it (our family environment & upbringing, needs for emotional nurturing), and wherever Cancer is in the chart - house cusp/planets in Cancer (our psychological attunement to/needs for/understanding of and appreciation of emotional bonding and emotional independence). It is through these family orientated type of emotions and experience that we express our Soul "˜s need for physical and emotional preservation, for safety - especially when we are relating to family members, and generally also to other people. All these basic familial emotional needs, identifications and attachments or the lack of them, together create our core self-image (our subconscious sense of what and who we are), and when this self-image is stable we feel inwardly safe and secure.

This sense of self is, however, directed by the conscious and integrative lifeforce wihin us (the Sun), according to our creative purpose - which is itself based on our Soul's (largely unconscious) intentions "¦ shown by Pluto & the Nodes. This conscious sense of self is also anchored into the physical body through our subconscious instincts, which express spontaneously at the Ascendant, and only slightly less spontaneously through the 1st house (both "naturally" ruled by Mars, as the 1st is the "Aries" house).

These instincts operate on several levels. Firstly autonomously, without actual conscious awareness - for example driving on the highway, and a car coming towards us suddenly swerves into our path. Immediately we react by braking and /or swerving out of the way. No thinking is involved, just spontaneous reflexive action. It's only after we have acted that we become aware of what we have done - it was automatic. Instincts operating at this level are based on physical survival (1st house in conjunction with the 2nd). The body is programmed by nature to want to survive, and because for most much of the sense of self is anchored in the physical body (in other words being identified with it, feeling we are our physical body) "¦ this then is also the most fundamental desire, preservation of the physical body.

Close to this level, we also feel urges to act which aren't spontaneous as such - although we still only have a subconscious awareness of these urges. And when we do act on them, the action is based on an impulse which we've made a snap decision to follow. Examples are when driving in town, suddenly pulling over to the side of the street to check out a particular shop we saw out of the corner of our eye; or briefly starting or ending a conversation; without thought just adding an extra sprinkling of spice beyond what the recipe calls for when cooking; or jumping out of a toasty warm bed early in the morning in the middle of winter because you have to catch a plane and time is rapidly running out, etc. In all these situations we are living life at a semi-automatic level, just reacting to simple direct stimuli.

However we often become much more conscious of some urges. The process is similar, in that these other urges arise by themselves from our unconscious manifesting initially on an instinctive level. But they are not related to immediate physical survival, nor to passing impulses, and so there isn't an immediate need to express or fulfil these urges. Thus we generally harbour these urges within us, taking anything from a brief to large amount of time to consider them, and through this process they become recognisable as desires. In this way we become familiar with these desires and develop more awareness of what each desire is for or about, and why.

These desires are related to our sense of self in a much more conscious way, usually as separating desires for "this" or "that" - either desires regarding our personal inner state (eg. for happiness, for more meaning in one's life), desires for a different or better body, desires for possessions, family or relationship desires, desires for a certain structure in our world, desires for more or less group involvement, desires for a different world etc, etc.

These desires are programmed by the Soul (Pluto) to be fulfilled in the current life, and thus like all separating desires manifest initially at an instinctive level (Mars). But being related to our sense of self, our sense of being an individual, these desires are pushed up into our awareness where we progressively register them more consciously (via the Moon, and also Sun). Thus we can then dwell on these desires, contemplate them, and go over in our minds what these desires actually are and involve. These desires are specific to each person, and may follow a central theme, or alternatively be of a widely varying nature, or somewhere in between. This can give rise to many conflicting courses of possible action, and thus we end up having to choose between these courses of action, prioritising them, which means choosing between desires. Regardless of whether we act instinctively or as the result of a deliberate choice, or sometimes in both ways combined, ultimately these choices and actions define our life.  

The sense of ourselves is based on emotional security (Cancer, and unconsciously Pluto), and it is because of this need for that security that we resist changes to that sense of self. Yet the desires manifesting via Mars need to be lived, and it is these desires that energise our every moment, and give us the feeling that what and who we are, our sense of self, is becoming who and what we desire to be. If it's some item (thing) we want, our current self-image is of a person who doesn't have this item but who wants it. And once we have got it, subtly our self-image changes as we no longer have this desire "¦ temporarily we have some peace as Mars energy is not activating our present moment with the desire for this item. Sooner or later however, another desire will filter up through Mars to energise our present, and the temporary feeling of peace will be replaced by the tension of wanting again. And again subtly our self-image will change as we have to accommodate a new desire (and thus a new tension) as part of our feeling of who we are.

It is our self-image (Moon/4th/Cancer) that makes us want to preserve the past (represented by the South Nodes of all the planets - except the Sun which doesn't have Nodes), and surfacing desires (Mars/1st/Aries) that fuel our need for a future (represented by all the North Nodes of all the planets), and the present moment contains the resulting tension between these two primary forces within us (the known and the unknown).

So, until all separating desires are fulfilled and finished with, and the desire to return to the Source becomes the single focus, we will always be moving from one self-image to another, always becoming who we always had the potential to be. And this whole process is catalysed by Mars, as desires emanating from our Soul move through our instincts into our consciousness. In this way, shedding one desire after another, our Soul is in a continual state of becoming, of growth, of coming closer to it's return home, to the Source.

Mars is the energy that gets us up in the morning, that goes to work, that cooks our meals, that tidies and cleans our home, that plays and dances, and has sex. It is the energy through which we assert ourselves, of natural fight or flight, or of sustained aggression (manmade war). However it is repressed Mars that causes many illnesses, and many difficulties in relationships. Mars is the energy for taking action in our lives, and so is the energy we have for acting out all our desires. Due to all this, the condition of Mars and it's Nodes in the chart is always going to be highly significant in terms of the individual's options, choices and pathway in the current lifetime.

This all becomes very interesting when we look at Mars in the chart of Charles Darwin.

We know the Soul's past, resulting in the huge momentum that caused it to be born with the Mercury, Ceres, Pluto, Juno and Jupiter stellium in Pisces in the 3rd house. Also with the Moon's SN in Taurus 5th and it's ruler in Aries 3rd, and the Sun and Moon in the 2nd house in Aquarius and Capricorn respectively. We also know that with Uranus conjunct the Moon's NN and Chiron square the Moon's nodal axis that both lunar Nodes and the PPP, as well as Pluto, have been activated prior to this life, not just Pluto and the Moon's SN, creating skipped steps. And that to resolve these skipped steps in this life the Soul must anchor it's operations at the Scorpio 11th house NN point as well as wholeheartedly embracing the Virgo 9th house PPP experience.

We can start our evaluation of Mars by looking at it's SN, it's past. This is in Sag in the 1st house, which on its own is no surprise, but it's also in a new conjunction with the SN of Uranus. Together these reflect the efforts the Soul has made in the past to follow its own desires without restriction, those desires being to understand reality in metaphysical or cosmological terms (SN Mars), plus the desires of the Soul to break away from the prevailing ideas, thinking and understandings of the societies in which it has lived in over the past, to find itself through finding its own understanding of life (SN Uranus). As we know the Soul has had success in doing both these things which has resulted in their ruler (Jupiter) being in a new conjunction to Pluto in Pisces 3rd in the current life - showing a new and deep understanding (Jupiter/Pluto) of the wholeness (Pisces) within which diversity (3rd house) is contained. And because their ruler Jupiter (and Pluto) is in a waxing square (crisis in action) to SNs of Mars and Uranus we can see that in this life Darwin will be prepared to "make a stand" with his views and beliefs, even if it feels pioneering and dangerous to do so. The need to do this will be felt deep in his bones, and will also add pressure on him to fully embrace the 9th house PPP.

Just as there was no other place that Mercury could be in this life (balsamic conjunction to Pluto) due to choices made in past lives, there is no other place that Mars could be in this lifetime other than in Libra in the 10th house, also due to choices made in the past. This need in the Soul (stemming from the SNs Mars/Uranus condition) to bring a long effort to fruition would have created a sense of urgency in him, and is one contributor to the inevitability of Mars being in the 10th house. In terms of where Darwin was going to direct his energies on a daily basis in this life, doing so in anything other than the 10th house would have been a distraction to his Soul intentions, made achieving his purpose and goals more difficult than it needed to be, and basically been a waste of his human time.

That it was a logical progression for Mars to be in the 10th in this life is also shown with SN Mars being in a disseminating sesquiquadrate to the SN of the Moon, showing that the old rebellion against society via self-centred activity (1st house) had been replaced more recently by an immersion into society in order to learn it's ways (sesquiquadrate). This would still have been on the Soul's terms with the Moon's SN being in the 5th house, but certainly indicates a yielding (sesquiquadrate) to the necessity of adapting to society's needs (NN in 11th). Additionally we know that many factors show Darwin had a special destiny to fufill in this life, and Mars in the 10th in LQ septile to the SN of Uranus is another factor reflecting that this was a life where individuality discovered deep in the Soul's past was destined to fruit in this lifetime.

Mars is also in a disseminating square to the SNs of Vesta and Mercury in Capricorn 2nd, reflecting that in past lives already a crisis has been building around the need to fruit many lives of focussed mental work, and that the key to doing this will lie in utilising all that the Soul has learnt in past lives about the way society tends to think. And looking at Mars in LQ square to the SNs of Venus, Saturn, Pluto and Jupiter shows that not only had this crisis been building in past lives, but that in these same past lives the Soul had already been dealing with crisis in other areas of it's lives - in terms of learning how to allow its need for relationships that reflected its individuality (LQ square) and also being responsible in those relationships (SNs: Venus New conjunction Saturn); in terms of surviving (2nd) in society (Capricorn) while having an individualised set of beliefs (SNs Jupiter & Pluto BS conjunction "¦), that were completely foreign or different ("¦ruled by Saturn BS conjunction to Neptune, both in Sag in the 12th) both to mainstream society and even most individualised Souls in it. This has been a very difficult challenge for Darwin in the past, and is another reason why actions from the past have left the Soul no possibility to have Mars anywhere other than in the 10th house in this life - so that his desires could be given the full light of day, peak expresion.

The deeply intense past efforts this Soul has made in becoming highly individualised in mental perception and understanding (Sth Nodes: of Jupiter BS Pluto New Mercury all in Capricorn), and developing such strong individualised values (SN Ven New conj SN Sat in 2nd) all the while trying to survive in the world, has forced the Soul in this life to direct all its intellectual pursuits into achieving social culmination. This is necessary in order to avert unhealthy compression and possibly damage at the Soul level. Even long ago the Soul has needed to be withdrawn and to possibly "hide it's light" in order to survive in society (SN Sat in Cap 2nd) possibly adding further detrimental effects to a long-standing wound the Soul has had regarding it's individuality (SN Sat square to SN Chiron in Aries 4th). Now in the current life, a strong need would have existed to not have to do this so much anymore, to be able to be as authentic as possible. And thus in this life, having Mars in the 10th in disseminating or LQ squares to all these 2nd house SNs in Capricorn "¦ shows the Soul's clear intention in this life to channel as much energy as possible, into establishing as fully as possible, its own authority within society (based on the Soul's past values - 2nd house SNs).

This Soul has a lot of inner content to be released (stellium of 9 energies starting at the Sun and ending in Vesta) as it cannot contain it all anymore. Unless the Soul can release it's gifts and talents into society in this life they may easily be wasted for good, as in the coming lives the Soul will need to move on to new things. This is the Soul urgency into which Darwin was born. Now was the time (PPP in 9th, Mars in 10th, both culminating) to fruit so much (so many SNs in the 2nd house of substance), and it's another reason why Darwin was born with his Moon conjunct all these SNs "¦ it's an unresolved point of tension needing constructive attention.

Also with the Moon in the 2nd being in a CR square to Mars in the 10th - Darwin must "own" his (Sun in Aquarius) ideas, these are his possessions (Sun in 2nd) and use them to establish his authority (Mars in 10th trine that Sun) on the subject so dear to his heart - the whole realm of nature and it's biology (Mercury/Pluto/Jupiter in Pisces, ruler Saturn conj Neptune in Sag 12th). There have been difficulties in this area previously. The ruler of the Sun is Uranus, which is in a New conjunction to the Moon's NN in Scorpio in the 11th house. In the past the extremely strong attempts to individuate (Uranus in the 11th) have indeed produced strong results - the Sun in this life wouldn't be in Aquarius otherwise. However much of the material in these results has had to be either suppressed or somehow hidden from society (ruler of Uranus/Moon NN is Pluto, which is squaring Saturn in the 12th). But with both the Sun and Moon in the 2nd house in this lifetime, instead of allowing fear of detrimental consequences for speaking up to make him pull back, he would have felt a solid confidence in the facts in his possession and had a more grounded and practical approach to organising and presenting them.

We have already discussed that in recent lives Mars has been progressively socialised, and now being in Libra 10th is well equipped to develop professional relationships (Mars in a FULL quincunx to Jupiter in the 3rd house stellium), and this would have created an open channel into the world for his learning output. Mars is also Full sesquiquadrate (Ceres BS conj Pluto in the 3rd), and shows the immense energy Darwin would have had to create the right channels for his work in the world, by learning and knowing who to be connected to (Mars in Libra) to increase his chances of succeeding (10th).

Given the Soul's entire past, including the severe Chiron wounding that had deposited in the 2nd, this life for Darwin may have been a case of "pursuing genius or courting madness" "¦ and the choice was his. With Mars placed in the 10th he obviously chose to do his best, to have the public light shining on his actions, and all that comes with that - access to important people, public support, responsibilities, and if successful acknowledgement, prestige and rewards etc. This was a choice to pursue genius, and this choice had a huge impact on the Soul's underlying karma. This choice with it's associated results transformed the world's understanding of living things. It also culminated so much within Darwin thus effecting the release of all the pent up content, as well as the return of all the energy that had been invested in this path for many lives beforehand. Creating this life with Mars in the 10th was a wise and very effective decision made by this Soul.

The Soul is also highly motivated to create a family of it's own that would be based on its own ideas of what that family needed to be like, and to be about - Mars FQ square (NN Sat New conj NN Pluto) in Cancer in late 7th/early 8th. This family would ideally be geared towards his urgent needs for professional development (ruler of NN Sat New NN Pluto is the Moon in Cap 2nd which is in also Full opposition to these NNs) in order to help him provide for both them (Moon in 2nd). Which takes us to his relationship and sexual needs...

I haven't had time to finish this off yet Rad, But unfortunately I now have to get back to doing some things I cannot avoid. So I'll post what I've done now, and hope to do and post the remainder on the sex and relating etc as soon as I can.

I'll be busy with a move for a few days now, and then on the road for a few more days after that, so it would be about a week before I could do that. If you all need to move on before then I'll leave this here where it's at, and keep up with the group & just focus on any new assignment.

blessings Upasika

Rad

Hi Upasika,

First, thanks for taking the time to post what you have developed thus far relative to why Darwin chose to have his Mars in Libra in the 10th. Your EA analysis thus far is spot on and as brilliant as ever, the reasoning employed being of course very, very accurate.

Second, yes, when you find a chunk of time to finish up with what you started please post at that time.

Just brilliant EA work Upasika. This is how EA is meant to be done.

God Bless, Rad