Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What sign correlates with the phenomenon of projection?  (Read 468 times)
Sunyata

« on: Mar 03, 2013, 01:18 AM »

Can you speak a bit about the nature of projection a little bit and explain astrologically what correlates to projection and if there is a way to tell the difference between projecting something and a delusion?

One example is this. Person A is male, Person B is female. Person A becomes infatuated with person B even though they have never spoken. Person B has appeared to person A in his dreams. Person A finds that he is thinking about person B all the time, projecting possible futures etc..... an infatuation I guess you would call it...

Another example is just the nature of people seeing themselves somewhere in the future. It is healthy to have a vision for your life and to 'follow your dreams' but your dreams are like a waking projection.

So in the first example what would be a possible reason that a person would have such a strong response to another via strong feelings and at what point would the projections count for a delusion and what astrologically correlates to this.... and where could we see this in the chart via transit or progression, etc?

Another example would be people with a certain perspective projecting that Obama is Hitler or is trying to turn the usa into an islamic empire etc...people painting a csrtain picture of something vs actual reality..

I hope this makes sense.
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2013, 02:09 AM by Sunyata » Logged
Deva

« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2013, 09:53 AM »

Hi,  Sunyata. I want to give my input on your questions about projections and delusions. It seems to me that you are speaking about a few dynamics within your questions. Astrologically speaking, Aquarius is the archetype that correlates with projections (from our own unconscious). These projections can be based on past traumas (i.e, this reminds me of my ex-partner, old friend, parents, etc) which are then cast onto the person who you are involved with now. These projections can also be based on the person's own unconscious inner dynamics /structure that are then cast onto others. In other words, the person projects what is inside themselves onto others. Aquarius correlates to the individuated unconscious and also to the dynamic of trauma. The projections the can surface within this archetype can be linked with the need to objectify and hopefully release what is stored/unresolved within the unconscious.
     The situation you are describing in your post also sound like dynamics that are linked with unconscious expectations with get projected upon others within relationships. Astrologically speaking, expectations are linked with the archetype of Libra. Libra correlates with the nature of our expectations within relationships and our ability (or inability) to reach a balanced state of giving and receiving within relationships. Libra correlates with extremities, and the need to reach a state of balance relative to such extremities.  Delusion/fantasy correlates with the archetype of Pisces. Pisces symbolizes the need for ultimate meaning, and to bring to closure a entire cycle of evolution in order to prepare for a new cycle which begins in the Aries archetype. When ultimate meaning is "projected" externally within a relationship it is all to easy to fall into fantasies and delusions(infatuation) about the other person regardless of how much actual contact their has been. The core point within this is that these types of projections and delusions are based on a need for ultimate meaning/fulfillment within life which we try to find to find in a variety of external sources. (There is a natural inconjunction between the Libra/Pisces archetypes which reflects the crisis of disillusionment that so many of us have experienced because of this dynamic in which our expectations/need for ultimate meaning are not met). Pisces also correlates to the need to meet the need for ultimate meaning through creating a relationship with the Divine. Pluto volume two goes into a wonderful in depth description of the connection between the Taurus, Libra, and Pisces archetypes and how these archetypes correlates with the need in all of us to progressively internalize (Taurus) our need for ultimate meaning through union with Spirit/the Divine (Pisces) and to reach a state of balance within our relationships (Libra). You may find this helpful in terms of your questions about projections and delusions.
 Feel free to let me know if you have more questions about this.
Deva
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2013, 09:54 AM »

Can you speak a bit about the nature of projection a little bit and explain astrologically what correlates to projection and if there is a way to tell the difference between projecting something and a delusion?

Projection, in general, correlates to Uranus, the 11th House, and Aquarius. Delusions, in general, correlate with Pisces, the 12th House, and Neptune. Delusions manifest from with the consciousness of any given Soul that can then be projected outwardly into the overall environment in such a was as to condition the very nature of that environment relative to the nature of the delusion itself.

One example is this. Person A is male, Person B is female. Person A becomes infatuated with person B even though they have never spoken. Person B has appeared to person A in his dreams. Person A finds that he is thinking about person B all the time, projecting possible futures etc..... an infatuation I guess you would call it...

Another example is just the nature of people seeing themselves somewhere in the future. It is healthy to have a vision for your life and to 'follow your dreams' but your dreams are like a waking projection.

So in the first example what would be a possible reason that a person would have such a strong response to another via strong feelings and at what point would the projections count for a delusion and what astrologically correlates to this.... and where could we see this in the chart via transit or progression, etc?

There are many possible causes including one's own essential needs within a relationship that the other seems to correlate too, past life connections in which something was not finished, resolved, or is intended to pick up again in the current life, the inner creation of 'fantasy' type ideas about the 'perfect' partner that the other seems to correlate too, etc, etc , etc. All of this correlates, obviously, to delusions if not of it is true: actual. The correlations are above, and those archetypes would be active relative to the transits or progressions at the time that this occurs.

Another example would be people with a certain perspective projecting that Obama is Hitler or is trying to turn the usa into an islamic empire etc...people painting a csrtain picture of something vs actual reality..

This occurs when the nature of the delusions involved become projected in such a way that others who 'need' to BELIEVE in them manifest in sub-groupings .... Aquarius/ 11th House, Uranus .. within the whole of a society..Neptune, Pisces, the 12th House ... relative to a 'behavioral contagion' that takes place with those sub-groupings who need to believe in the nature of the collective delusion within those sub-groupings. The phenomena of behavioral contagion specifically correlates to Uranus, Aquarius, and the 11th House. 

God Bless, Rad
Sunyata

« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2013, 02:51 PM »

Wow, thank you both for your answers. Looking at my chart, transiting Mars is in my 7th house in Pisces at 22 degrees exactly inconjunct my Libra Moon at 22 degrees in the second house! Those are exactly the symbols you are talking about. Pretty amazing.

Deva and Rad thanks and I will read what you recommended, Deva.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: