School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Skipped Steps

Started by Oliver Fred, Sep 13, 2009, 04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver Fred

Hi All,
I had a sincere desire to understand the "skipped steps" in the birthchart and how this effects the actualization of the North Node. Do the "skipped steps" need to be "stepped" before any progress can occur? How can, as a general rule, one know when/how this is done?
With an example of Saturn conjunct Uranus in fifth house squaring the north node in ninth house, do these two planets, and what they represent as "skipped" prevent the north node from being activated? Thanks for any input. All the best!

-Oliver

Deva

Hi Oliver, great question! In terms of skipped steps, yes they must be actively resolved in order for the actualization of Pluto's polarity point and the North Node to manifest. However, we must also look at the "resolution node" or the node which last formed a conjunction with the planet(s) square the nodal axis in order to fully understand how this resolution will take place (for example, if Saturn/Uranus last formed a conjunction with the South Node, then the South Node (with the planetary ruler facillitating this process) will become the bottom line, or foundation, upon which the skipped steps will be resolved and Pluto's polarity point and the North node can be actualized.
In terms of knowing if the skipped steps have been resolved you cannot tell by looking at the birth  chart. The best thing to do is to ask the person questions regarding the skipped steps in the chart and determine how much work has been done to resolve them (and also determine the person's own understanding of what these skipped steps are about in general). Remember also that there are three reactions/responses to our evolutionary growth needs
1)to totally resist-which is not common
2) to cooperate in some ways yet not in others (this is by far the most common choice)
3) totally go for it (this is also not a common choice).
The point in writing these is that somebody being in a total state of non-growth or resistance in rare. You are correct in saying that if the skipped steps are not worked on that growth cannot occur.
I hope this helps clarify your questions, and please let me know if you are unclear about anything I have written.
Thanks
Deva   

Oliver Fred

Hi Deva,
Thank you for the clarification.
Seeing that it is the South Node that was in contact with the squaring planets, it is the 3rd house South node and its planetary ruler that need to be worked on. With this, is it safe to say that the south node + plantary ruler need to be worked on THEN the squaring planets? or BOTH S.N., planetary r., AND the squaring planets?
I'm reading this S.N. in Virgo 3rd house, and Mercury in 6th house Capricorn as a need to strengthen one's mental capacity and to learn new techniques or ideas that one has maybe taken for granted (Mercury being in a tight trine aspect to the S.N.)? And through this new, or revisited (Capricorn) information/ideas, one can understand fully and proceed without "holes" or gaps- and this would allow one to continue on to actively work on the squaring Saturn/ Uranus conjunction in Sagittarius, 5th house. Is this on the right track?
Sorry if that was confusing. Again thank you for the continual help. Take care!

-Oliver

Deva

Hi Oliver, the skipped steps, in all cases, apply to both nodes (North and South) by house and sign position in the context of the planet(s) that are square the nodal axis. In other words, start with the planet by house and sign position that is square the nodal axis, and then add the house and sign of the nodal axis to fully understand what the skipped steps are about. In you case, the South Node will be the resolution node, or the areas through which the skipped steps will be resolved in order for Pluto's polarity point and the North Node to be actualized. (Jupiter square the nodal axis symbolizes specific evolutionary intentions, Venus square the nodal axis symbolizes specific evolutionary intentions, etc).
In your case, Mercury In Capricorn trine the South Node in Virgo symbolizes a potential ease of the stress of the skipped steps because the aspect is non-stressful in nature, and also the ability to take in information that allows practical solutions to be applied in the context of resolving the skipped steps. Mercury in Capricorn trine the South Node symbolizes that you have knowledge you have allready attained that can be applied to resolve these skipped steps. These are general correlates I can give you based upon what you have shared with me. Thanks again for posting.
Deva     

Oliver Fred

Hi Rad,

Here is my chart. This shows the Placidius house system, but with the Poryphry method, Neptune should be in the sixth house, and some of the cusps change (2nd-Virgo 3 degrees; 8th Pisces 3 degrees, etc.). Thanks for any and all input. Hope all is great!

-Oliver

Rad

Oliver,
Well the your chart didn't make it. Please look at the instructions on how to post charts on the main page so that you can post it. If you can't , then just post you birth data. Also, know for EA purposes we always use the Porphryry House System.

Rad

Oliver Fred

Hi Rad,
Do you know a good website for birthcharts?
Anyway, my birth info is: Jan.8 1988 5:33 PM Stockholm, Sweden. Thanks again.

Rad

Hi Fred,
Not sure what you mean exactly when you ask about websites having birth charts ?

The nature of your skipped steps concerns the fact that for many recent lifetimes now your Soul has been questioning the 'assumptions' of what 'reality' is as defined by the consensus of any society / culture/ country that you have been born into. You have done this by finding the weak links in such assumptions and, in so doing, being able to tear down the entire reality created because of such assumptions. In essence, your Soul has desired to know the actual truth, the natural truth, of anything including the natural truths that are the structural basis of the cosmos, universe, that we all live within. This questioning has then lead to realizations within you that do connect to the natural truths of things that then had the affect of challenging all the existing authorities of such societies who were invested in sustaining those assumptions defining consensus, agreed upon, reality.
In turn this caused such authorities to then feel threatened beyond measure because some of the natural realizations that you had were perceived as utterly threatening to the existing order of those consensus realities. In certain cases this then lead to you being put into situations of incarceration in order to shut you up, and of course being subjected to all kinds of persecutions and projected judgments upon your nature: who you were. Because of this, as your Soul wearied from the struggle, it became a self imposed dynamic of keeping your mouth shut even though your mind never did. And that then became the basis of the skipped steps.
In a certain recent life you were even the student of a person who became very, very famous for doing the exact same thing in terms of revolutionizing human beings understanding of our solar system. And that person, too, was incarcerated because of this, the remainder of his life.
The resolution of the skipped steps, because the S.Node is the Node that last formed a conjunction to your Saturn and Uranus, IS TO NEVER SHUT UP IN THE FACE OF WHAT YOU KNOW TO BE WRONG. No matter what the consequences may be: always speak the truth and you will then be free. 

Rad

Oliver Fred

Hi Rad,

That was some hard hitting information. Thank you very much for all of that. That really meant a lot. I'll be using the advice you gave and so forth. The information about the teacher/ incarceration was something I of course would never have picked up myself, but someday I hope to be able to. Thank you again.

-Oliver

Rad

Oliver,
The signature in your chart that correlates with being the student of a teacher that became famous, an icon, after his own life is your N.Node is Pisces in the 9th, S.Node in Virgo is the 3rd squaring that Uranus/Saturn conjunction in YOUR 5TH HOUSE. And that is ruled by your Jupiter in Aries in your 10th, which trines that Saturn/Uranus conjunction. When Uranus is involved in such a signature it can correlate with a person's name/ and work becoming ever more known or 'famous' well after the physical life of the person them self.

Rad

Oliver Fred

Hi Rad,

Thank you for showing me the correlations for the student/ teacher, and Uranus tied into the name/work becoming well known or famous. It seems that you've shown me a past connection to this person and their teaching of natural law conflicting with the consensus' reality/ beliefs. Is this teacher perhaps involved with Uranian teachings such as astrology? I'm leaning towards a certain someone, but again I'm only learning.
I read in a past archive by Jeffrey Green that when Uranus is involved with the nodes, or prominent in the chart that a soul has begun the study of astrology prior to the current life. This feels very much like a "picking up" where I left off. Sincerely thank you.

-Oliver

Rad

Hi Oliver,

Quote from: Oliver Fred on Sep 18, 2009, 09:16 PM
Hi Rad,

Thank you for showing me the correlations for the student/ teacher, and Uranus tied into the name/work becoming well known or famous. It seems that you've shown me a past connection to this person and their teaching of natural law conflicting with the consensus' reality/ beliefs. Is this teacher perhaps involved with Uranian teachings such as astrology? I'm leaning towards a certain someone, but again I'm only learning.
I read in a past archive by Jeffrey Green that when Uranus is involved with the nodes, or prominent in the chart that a soul has begun the study of astrology prior to the current life. This feels very much like a "picking up" where I left off. Sincerely thank you.

-Oliver

The teacher from that prior life was an astronomer/ astrologer remembering that astronomy , the study of, emanated from the study of astrology that goes way back in time. In the Western world the study of astronomy really accelerated from astrology from the 15th Century onwards. It is from that time and moving a little forwards that you studied with the person in question. And that person's realizations/ understandings as to the nature of our solar system directly confronted the existing understanding at that time, and especially the 'authority' of the Church.
And, yes, As JWG taught Uranus directly correlates with astrology, but also astronomy among other correlations. With the existing Uranus transit on your N.Node, and squaring your Saturn/Uranus conjunction in Sagittarius, you are indeed picking up where you left off.

Rad

Oliver Fred

Hi again Rad,

I found an instant connection to a man, astronomer/astrologer with an almost exact same Ascendant who is what you described, including an incarceration to his home, and his flip-flopping with his convictions ( during inquisition) to his new found beliefs regarding the cosmos, and how the universe really works.
I apologize to bother you with another question, and I feel this will be the last for this topic; it's just amazing information what you've given. I'm curious to know if the skipped steps can be worked on through the general principle of, like you said, never to shut up in the face of what I know is wrong- or- if there needs to be a tie into fields of work ( I have a 4th house Pluto) related to this such as astronomy/ astrology. Is this necessary or can the dedication to truth stand on its own and manifest in any kind of work? Thank you so much. Take care.

-Oliver

Rad

Hi Oliver,

Quote from: Oliver Fred on Sep 20, 2009, 02:36 AM
Hi again Rad,

I found an instant connection to a man, astronomer/astrologer with an almost exact same Ascendant who is what you described, including an incarceration to his home, and his flip-flopping with his convictions ( during inquisition) to his new found beliefs regarding the cosmos, and how the universe really works.
I apologize to bother you with another question, and I feel this will be the last for this topic; it's just amazing information what you've given. I'm curious to know if the skipped steps can be worked on through the general principle of, like you said, never to shut up in the face of what I know is wrong- or- if there needs to be a tie into fields of work ( I have a 4th house Pluto) related to this such as astronomy/ astrology. Is this necessary or can the dedication to truth stand on its own and manifest in any kind of work? Thank you so much. Take care.

-Oliver

Yes, you have now remembered accurately the connection to this man. Among many astrological connections is that exact conjunction of his Moon to your Jupiter in your 10th !
The dedication to the truth can stand on it's own and manifest in any kind of work yes, but, more importantly, the work that you Soul intends to do. The issue within this is HOW your communicate the truth to whomever. In so many of your past lives you simply have had not tolerance for your perception of stupidity and willful ignorance. If the face of this your style of communication would have the effect of placing so many of these types on the defensive. And when one is on the defensive nothing really is possible in terms of truly teaching 'the truth': only defensive reactions occur. This, thus, sustains polarization. With the N.Node of Pisces in mind, in your 9th, with your Saturn/Uranus/Mars in Sagittarius your Soul has ongoing lessons, skipped steps, in terms of how you communicate the truth of anything as manifesting through your S.Node in Virgo in the 3rd.
  A good way to do that so that others can actually embrace the truth, integrate it, apply it, is to learn/ remember how to teach/ communicate in a Socratic way which means to pose specific kinds of questions in which the answer/ truth is already CONTAINED IN THE QUESTION. So as the person takes in the question in a non-defensive way, and ponders it, considers it, then, suddenly the realization of the truth happens because the answer, the truth, is within the question. This then creates a dynamic in which they think they have realized this them self.
  Once this happens then these types will accept your natural authority as it pertains to the truth of things, your Mercury, ruler of your S.Node, in Capricorn forming a trine to that S.Node.

Rad

Oliver Fred

Hi Rad,

This all is extremely helpful and all of it is taken to heart. Unusual things have been occurring in my mind and more things are falling into place. It seems my biggest difficulty has been to find a work path which I'm intended to do- like you said, the work my Soul intends to do. I thank you again so much for your help. Take care.

-Oliver