School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Medical Astrology

Started by Rad, Jun 14, 2013, 10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad

Hi Katherine and the rest of the group,

I need to know who is still desiring, planning, on completing the next step in our analysis of the Mars/Uranus opposition.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Hi Rad, I've been struggling with allowing this to be ok: The truth for me is that for now, at this time, it feels best for me to just follow along. Thank you so much.
God bless,
am

Skywalker

Mars - Uranus 10/4 Pisces/Virgo Medical.

Uranus in Virgo in the fourth house can be in a perpetual state of emotional crisis repeated over and over again, with the consequence of traumatically fracturing the person mentally and emotionally. The person could have endured so much trauma/abuse/ridicule/criticism early on in this life or have subconscious memories of persecution and related dynamics from other lives, leading to a sense of inner paranoia and intense stress, which the person just wants to liberate from. The desire to liberate from intense and difficult emotional dynamics can lead the person to attempt to totally deny any type of vulnerability by denying any type of emotional expression or to express extremely intense emotions in unpredictable and defensive ways. 

Respiratory conditions such as shallow breathing can be a reflection of the persons subconscious attempt not to feel. Simply a coping mechanism to deal with the emotional trauma endured. Habits such as smoking can also be formed by these same dynamics.

Uranus in Virgo in the 4th house points to trauma based on cyclical crisis due to lack, with quite a potential for violence when opposing Mars. This can be a lack of many things ranging from food, to emotional nurturing, care, education, etc. Again, this has the effect of forcing the child upon himself and only himself to learn lessons of emotional self reliance and security from within.
A psychological condition that may manifest as a result is an inferiority complex. Also many personality disorders could manifest, depending on other chart factors and/or his personal karma/choices.

This placement shows potential for a huge inner void relative to emotional dynamics, where the person feels an inability to integrate emotionally in life in general due to a fractured personality. Eating disorders can be caused by this inner void, such as the desire to fill it up by over eating or being addicted to sugar or junk food. Another possibility is the attempt to always be busy one way or another in order to not face or fill up the inner void. This keeps the person in a perpetual state of crisis and as the crisis demands immediate attention, the person is simply avoiding the fact that there is an inner void.

All sorts of addictions and addictive behaviour are a possibility with this planetary combo, including sexual addictions or alcoholism/substance abuse.

As Mars is in Pisces, the stress that is created by these and other dynamics will have the effect of weakening the immune system, leaving the body susceptible to viral infections. High fevers are a possibility with this planetary combination as the body attempts to fight off viruses. Mars in Pisces opposing Uranus might also neglect it´s own needs or simply be oblivious to what to do in certain circumstances, thus not treating infections or colds properly, with the effect of them recurring and weakening the immune system even further while potentially damaging the lungs, trachea or bronchi. The constant "fight or flight" nature of this person is highly stressful, therefore also taxing the immune system. Mars in Pisces can also create all sort of fantasies and illusions that contribute to a state of depression when those illusions don´t pass the "acid test" and the individual is faced with a less than ideal reality.

Insomnia or other sleeping disorders are possible as Mars in Pisces correlates to the Pineal gland. The Pineal gland secretes Melatonin and is what regulates sleep, has antioxidant effects, has an effect on reproductive hormones. When the body does not rest well over a period of time due to Melatonin deficiency or other causes, there can be fatigue as a result, memory loss, depression, anxiety, loss of libido and a weakened immune system. Hypersensitivity to light due to Melatonin deficiency can cause severe headaches and migraines, the body may age faster as free radicals are not neutralised by antioxidants efficiently. Melatonin deficiencies may also contribute to neurodegenerative disorders such as Parkinsons, Alzheimers, Multiple Sclerosis.

The Sympathetic/Parasympathetic nervous systems, also known as the Autonomic Nervous System, correlate to the Cancer, Virgo and Aquarius archetypes and respective houses and planets. Since there is stress between all the archetypes that correlate to this part of the nervous system, I would look there and to the whole nervous system for potential medical conditions. Also to the Limbic system for possible reasons for potential nervous conditions relative to emotional dynamics.

The ANS is a part of the nervous system that acts as a control system for the visceral functions of the body and regulates things like heart rate, perspiration, respiratory rate, salivation, sexual desire, digestion and more.

With this aspect there can be difficulty with the body regulating itself: for example a person who over perspires in situations where he gets nervous, or when in some sort of stressful situation one suddenly needs to use the toilet. If extreme, disorders of the ANS can become debilitating in many ways as the visceral functions that the ANS regulate can be easily thrown off balance by external stimulus or internal stress.
www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more

Skywalker

Hi Rad, there´s my go. If you would prefer to give us deadlines to give in our work, so the thread can move at a faster rate, would be fine by me.

Kristin, 17 times!? No comment! She must really need to learn to channel her energy thou... with all those things "happening to her" and being in the "wrong place at the wrong time".

All the best

Upasika

Hi Rad,

This thread interests me greatly and I would have loved to participate in every topic. But so many world things have developed that I need to keep pace with/on top of at the moment, that all I can do is just try and keep up with the Darwin thread for now. When things ease off - maybe in a month or so, if not, the beginning of next year - I will be able to join in again.

blessings Upasika

cat777

Hi Rad and Everyone,

I don't have a lot of spare time to devout to this right now, but managed to revamp by previous post, adding a bit of Pisces/Virgo to it:

mars in pisces the 10th opposition uranus in virgo in the 4th house

Here we have a man who potentially suffers from chronic stress or trauma caused by parental and social conditioning patterns that have led him to believe that in order to be accepted by others, he must abide by the norms of consensus society and work long and hard in order to get ahead.  He has been conditioned to believe that social status and his sociological role or career define who he is. Pressure from his parents, culture, society, and his own inner voice, which is a reflection of his conditioning, cause him to excessively strive to be a "success."  His need and desire to achieve does not allow him to relax as he believes he has to work hard in order to gain peer recognition and parental and social approval.

Mars correlates to the Naval Chakra and the 10th House to the outer layer of the Root Chakra. With Mars in Pisces in the 10th House opposition Uranus in Virgo in the 4th House, this man may suffer from emotional stress caused by a weak vitality coupled with a tendency to over work. Stress causes him to become angry and instead of expressing his anger, he allows it to boil up inside.  At key points in his life, he is likely to explode over some little thing that has nothing to do with what is really bothering him, which is his pent up anger that has been brewing within him for a very long time.  He may become violent when he explodes or have an accident.

With Mars in Pisces, he may not possess a great deal of energy and his vitality may be low. Imbalances and stress  lead to tiredness or exhaustion, blood disorders, impotency, kidney or bladder problems, constipation, anemia, obesity, or lower back pain.  He may be susceptible to sudden fevers, colds and flus throughout his life. He may suffer from a vitamin B deficiency as well. 

There is the possibility that he may try to relax and relieve his stress through drugs or alcohol. Excessive drinking and alcoholism are strong possibilities and tie in with vitamin B deficiencies. These can lead to sugar aliments.  Hyperinsulinism (above normal levels of insulin) is another possibility.

Uranus correlates to the mid layer of the root chakra which correlates to the "messaging" taking place within his entire body.  Parental conditioning patterns are very strong and permeate every cell in his body. His thoughts and beliefs, which are a product of these parental conditioning patterns, have a great deal of influence on his physical health. 

With Uranus in Virgo in the 4th House, this man has a strong desire to break free and liberate himself from the parental conditioning patterns that rule him.  He tries to do so through his work and career but suffers from feelings of guilt when his desire to break free conflicts with the parental voices in his head.  This produces a great deal of emotional stress and tension within him which has a negative impact on his health.

The 4th house correlates to the 3rd Eye Chakra which correlates to the pineal gland.  He may suffer from migraine headaches due to the emotional stress and tension he experiences resulting from conflicting desires to be himself and to be the person his parents conditioned him to be. In addition, he is likely to have a hard time concentrating and suffer from confusion and negative feelings. On a physical level, this can all lead to neurological problems including strokes and brain tumors. Parkinson's Disease, seizures, spinal difficulties, and problems with the ears, eyes, and nose are possibilities as well. In addition, severe emotional stress may lead to the sudden onset of diabetes or hypoglycemia.  He may also suffer from intermittent sugar problems due to past life or early childhood trauma. Spasms and cramping in his intestinal tract are possibilities as well.

Katherine

Quote from: Rad on Jul 12, 2013, 09:16 AM
Connective tissue is made up of cells and protein fibers and provides support for other body tissues. The main proteins in connective tissue are collagen and elastin. There are five types of connective tissue. They are:

Loose connective tissue: including adipose tissue (fat storage) which correlates with the Moon and Pluto
   Dense connective tissue which correlates with Pluto
   Blood which correlates with Mars, Venus and Pluto
   Bone which correlates with Pluto and Saturn
   Cartilage which correlates with Pluto and Saturn

Hi Rad,
Regarding dense connective tissue, would you ascribe any co-rulerships (Saturn?) to the following:

Fascia
Tendons
Ligaments
Aponeurosis
Dermis

Thank you so much!
God Bless,
Katherine

P.S. I'm working on step 3 now and should be posting in the AM

Katherine

Hi Rad,
Adding to my previous posts:  
Uranus in Virgo in the 4th
I would say of Uranus (higher octave, fixed, air, yang) in Virgo (lower octave, mutable, earth, yin) that with the strong mercurial resonance-thinking, communicating, processing internal & external stimuli and emphasis of an inward context, in the 4th (cardinal, water, yin) that this combination would make for a highly self-critical, sensitive, and generally insecure individual.  Specifically, on the mental and emotional levels, there could be an innate tendency toward avoidance, withdrawal, and disassociation.  This could easily lead to substance abuse of depressants or hallucinogens as a way to self-medicate.  Mental illness such as Borderline personality disorder reflects an unstable self-image, a sense of emptiness and inferiority, and a tendency to vacate. Mood disturbances such as "˜splitting' (black and white thinking) peak in idealization and objectification, and pitch into devaluation and dismissal.  In extreme cases Schizophrenia where there are major imbalances of dopamine levels, also contributing to anxiety and depression. Delusions, disordered thoughts and speech, tactile, auditory, visual, olfactory, and gustory hallucinations, typically regarded as manifestations of psychosis. Impairment of the hippocampus, frontal, and temporal lobes during fetal development is a possible cause.  Hyperactive mental activity (depending on the structure of consciousness, relative intelligence, creative capacity, and familial support) could imply savant, high-functioning autism (Asperger's-restrictive and highly repetitive interests and behavior) prodigious, or precocious capabilities. Energetically, the root and third eye chakras would be affected, furthering a sense of confusion regarding identity and clear guidance from within.  Physically, again stress, fatigue, difficultly resting, or dropping into REM sleep. Nervous ticks, twitches, shaky hands, headaches, ocular dehydration and degeneration.

Mars in Pisces in the 10th
Mars (cardinal, fire, yang) in Pisces (mutable, water, yin) in the 10th (cardinal, earth, yin) Again, a positive polarity planet in a yin sign and in a yin house"¦ and in opposition. So, there is a consistent tension-albeit the Uranus configuration is analogous through rulership, Mars via mode.  This seems to echo a kind of disillusion, isolation, and suffering. Escape through fantasy, disassociation, and addiction.  Confusion and loss of identity seemingly transcended (spiritualized) through entertainment, drugs & alcohol, disconnected sex.  This reminds me of the riddle: what gets larger the more you take away?  Perhaps there could be the possibility of being an inspired musician or artist, a visionary on some level? Dreams needing to be documented. I'm not sure why I can't think of a happy scenario for this man"¦why I'm getting a sense of struggle.  On the physical level, issues of the immune system and the blood e.g. sickle-cell anaemia, poor circulation, vasculitis, varicosity, thrombosis. The three lowest chakras (root, sacral, navel) would be prone to disrupting the others.  This would be a conscious choice to engage in pranic breath, vipassana meditation, or other practices that are both invigorating and grounding.
11/13 I am not sure how I forgot to mention the feet--lack of circulation, numbness, prone to injury etc.

God Bless,
Katherine

Rad

Hi Katherine,

Quote from: Katherine on Nov 09, 2013, 12:37 AM
Quote from: Rad on Jul 12, 2013, 09:16 AM
Connective tissue is made up of cells and protein fibers and provides support for other body tissues. The main proteins in connective tissue are collagen and elastin. There are five types of connective tissue. They are:

Loose connective tissue: including adipose tissue (fat storage) which correlates with the Moon and Pluto
   Dense connective tissue which correlates with Pluto
   Blood which correlates with Mars, Venus and Pluto
   Bone which correlates with Pluto and Saturn
   Cartilage which correlates with Pluto and Saturn

Hi Rad,
Regarding dense connective tissue, would you ascribe any co-rulerships (Saturn?) to the following:

Fascia
Tendons
Ligaments
Aponeurosis
Dermis

No.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi All,

This will no conclude this thread. For those who posted on the Mars/Uranus in the Signs all of what you correlated too was accurate. Bravo for you !

God Bless, Rad

Skywalker

Hi Rad,

I was expecting the thread to keep on going and didn´t ask a few questions I had as I was waiting to see how things progressed. For example how would the Moon differ from the 4th house, the sign Cancer or the ruler of the 4th house from a medical point of view?

Thank you

Rad

Quote from: Skywalker on Nov 14, 2013, 08:38 AM
Hi Rad,

I was expecting the thread to keep on going and didn´t ask a few questions I had as I was waiting to see how things progressed. For example how would the Moon differ from the 4th house, the sign Cancer or the ruler of the 4th house from a medical point of view?

Thank you

Hi Skywalker,

I was expecting this thread to keep going too but as more and more who originally said they wanted to contribute to it fell away, and as the time it was taking for those that were left to work on the segments increased, I decided it was done: enough. Personally, I am very disappointed about this. If you or others do have questions concerning the evolutionary medical astrology please feel free to ask.

The Moon and Cancer have their correlations which are not different at all. Where ever you find the Moon in the chart, or the sign Cancer, the correlations are the same. As we began to learn in this thread the specific houses and signs that any planet falls within, the archetypal correlations to that planet, are then added onto relative to the archetypal correlations of that house and/ or sign. So too with the planetary ruler of a house adding to to the core archetypes of the house itself.

Let me know if this is clear for you.

God Bless, Rad

Skywalker

Rad,

I was also disappointed about how the thread turned out but am thankful you are still willing to answer our questions. I think many people involved in the thread are just busy at the moment and might be a bit overwhelmed by the complexity of Medical Evolutionary Astrology. Personally I find it fascinating and hope to continue or resume at another time.

Yes that did answer my question, what I´m wondering is: in the example we studied with Mars/Uranus in the 4th/10th if we would then place the Moon conjunct Jupiter and in a trine aspect to Uranus, it would seem to counter or contradict the stress from Uranus in the 4th. What is confusing to me is that on one hand we might have a symbol of high stress levels and on the other a symbol of ease and comfort, all relative to emotional dynamics as it involves the Moon and the 4th house. The hard part seems to be exactly how it all plays out and effects the body but i´m starting to think that by using the EA paradigm, starting with Pluto and the Nodes, it would be a lot simpler to see potential medical conditions and why they manifest.

To me, in the example we studied, it would seem that the 4th house Uranus opposite Mars would be a stressful home environment that effected his emotional life but, the Moon with less stressful aspects would indicate that he did learn to cope emotionally or would choose to take the "high road" thus minimising some of the medical conditions that could arise or creating other conditions relative to the other aspects to the Moon. Is this approach correct?

Thank you!

cat777

Hi Rad,

I was hoping to learn a lot from this thread, and I have, but found that doing the very "simple" assignments was very difficult, not from an EA perspective, but from a "medical astrology" pov.  Although I have studied Holistic Nutrition, read about Alternative Medicine, herbs, homeopathic remedies, have taken courses in biology, anatomy etc etc, I found that "medical astrology" requires a lot more "medical" knowledge than I have.  Although you said it wasn't necessary, I found I had to look up and research different symptoms and diseases in order to do the assignments as it doesn't make sense writing about things that you don't really understand. I only posted what I honestly understand and nothing that I read about but do not know anything about (in terms of disease and health related issues).

I wanted to keep going, but I am kind of relieved you put an end to this.  I think if more people were well versed in the medical/anatomy aspect of this, things would have turned out differently.  I would love to follow this if anyone with that type of background keeps it going. I wish I was such a person, but I am not  :-)

cat

Rad

Quote from: Skywalker on Nov 14, 2013, 10:39 AM
Rad,

I was also disappointed about how the thread turned out but am thankful you are still willing to answer our questions. I think many people involved in the thread are just busy at the moment and might be a bit overwhelmed by the complexity of Medical Evolutionary Astrology. Personally I find it fascinating and hope to continue or resume at another time.

Yes that did answer my question, what I´m wondering is: in the example we studied with Mars/Uranus in the 4th/10th if we would then place the Moon conjunct Jupiter and in a trine aspect to Uranus, it would seem to counter or contradict the stress from Uranus in the 4th. What is confusing to me is that on one hand we might have a symbol of high stress levels and on the other a symbol of ease and comfort, all relative to emotional dynamics as it involves the Moon and the 4th house. The hard part seems to be exactly how it all plays out and effects the body but i´m starting to think that by using the EA paradigm, starting with Pluto and the Nodes, it would be a lot simpler to see potential medical conditions and why they manifest.

To me, in the example we studied, it would seem that the 4th house Uranus opposite Mars would be a stressful home environment that effected his emotional life but, the Moon with less stressful aspects would indicate that he did learn to cope emotionally or would choose to take the "high road" thus minimising some of the medical conditions that could arise or creating other conditions relative to the other aspects to the Moon. Is this approach correct?

Thank you!

Hi Skywalker,

Yes !

God bless, Rad