School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Medical Astrology

Started by Rad, Jun 14, 2013, 10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad

Hi All,

I promised to be back here today, Tuesday, to review all of your work. I will have to do this tomorrow: Wednesday. I am sorry for this delay. Just so much to do.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi All,

First, I have now reviewed what each of you has submitted. The correlations to the anatomy, physiology, and the chakra system relative to the Mars/Uranus opposition are correct. Some of you of course have submitted a more full list of potentialities of this combination than others. To me, again, the value is always in the effort so I thank each of you for making that effort.

Three of you have asked questions within your analysis that I will answer here:

" also, wonder if this could be a potential signature for anemia "

Yes...

Ari: "Neurotransmitter acetycholine is co-ruled by Uranus and Mars as it is a neurotransmitter that binds with skeletal muscle fibers. Upon binding to these fibers it opens up channels in the cell membranes which is then entered by sodium which apparently results in muscle contraction (the role of an electrolyte?).

The role of electrolytes is the maintain the delicate balance between water and all the various minerals and salts in the body. When this balance is out of balance due to a lack of electrolytes then one of the symptoms that can manifest in involuntarily muscles contractions and spasms.

Katherine: "Stress moves in a perpetual feedback loop affecting all levels experienced i.e. physically, emotionally, psychologically, and spiritually? "

Yes.

So we can now move to our next step which is to place the Uranus/Mars opposition in a specific house. So let's put Uranus in the 4th House, and Mars in the 10th. When you refer to the correlations that have been provided focus on the sign Cancer and the 4th House, and Saturn and the 10th House. These houses now correlate to not only the type of inner and outer conditions that can serve to ignite the inherent potentialities of the Mars opposed Uranus, but also add to what those potentialities may be as defined by the houses that this aspect takes place within.

So go ahead and make these additional correlations. If you have any questions please ask now.

God Bless, Rad

cat777

Hi Rad and All,

I have a comment/question that is not directly related to the material presented here, but is related to Medical Astrology.  I was just reading the news and saw an article about a comet:

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/09/10/if-the-sun-doesnt-blast-it-comet-ison-will-soon-light-up-the-sky/

Years ago, I knew an astrologer (Marilyn Muir) who was doing research on comets and major epidemics.  I cannot remember all of the details, but she had observed that every time a comet was seen from Earth, a new health epidemic followed.  At the time, it was HIV/AIDS. 

Rad, I am wondering if you have observed this or have any information backing this up or refuting it?  I don't know if Marilyn ever published her findings, but she had a lot information if I recall.

cat

Rad

Hi Cat,

I have read that sort of assertion over the years as well. In my opinion it is hog wash. I have never seen, which does not mean that it does not exist, any substantial evidence that this is true. If it were true it would mean that organisms like viruses and bacterias are jettisoned from these comets which then, presumably, infect our Earth. It just does not make sense to me because anything entering the atmosphere of our Earth is burnt up including any organisms.

God Bless, Rad

cat777

Thanks Rad.  I wasn't thinking it meant that comets literally cause epidemics by introducing bacteria and/or viruses, but was thinking it was a symbolic "sign" of an epidemic to come.  The way you put it certainly makes me think its ridiculous  :-)  I haven't found any good research (observations/correlations) on-line, just statements with little detail, so, hmmm. 

Thanks again

Rad

Quote from: cat777 on Sep 14, 2013, 11:05 AM
Thanks Rad.  I wasn't thinking it meant that comets literally cause epidemics by introducing bacteria and/or viruses, but was thinking it was a symbolic "sign" of an epidemic to come.  The way you put it certainly makes me think its ridiculous  :-)  I haven't found any good research (observations/correlations) on-line, just statements with little detail, so, hmmm. 

Thanks again

Hi Cat,

If, somehow, comets just correlated to a 'sign' of epidemics, to herald them, then indeed there would be a vast amount of specific correlations going back a very long time. There just isn't of course as you know. So, yep, a totally ridiculous projection by some humans. Oh well, what else is new ?

God Bless, Rad

cat777

Hi Rad and All,

This is what I came up with:

mars in the 10th opposition uranus in the 4th house

Here we have a man who potentially suffers from chronic stress or trauma due to parental and social conditioning patterns that make him believe that in order to be accepted, he must abide by the norms of society and work hard to get ahead and achieve a position of social status.  Pressure from his parents and society cause him to work hard in order to climb the corporate ladder and be "successful."  His need and desire to achieve does not allow him to relax as he believes he has to work hard in order to gain peer recognition and parental and social approval. He is driven to achieve.

With Uranus in the 4th, the parental conditioning patterns are very strong as Uranus correlates to the mid layer of the root chakra which correlates to the "messaging" taking place within his entire body.  Whatever he was conditioned to believe, permeates every cell in his body.  In other words, his thoughts and beliefs, have a great deal of influence on his physical health.  With Uranus in the 4th, there is a desire to break free and liberate himself from parental conditioning patterns, but they are so strong that this desire creates a great deal of stress and tension within him.  The 4th house correlates to the 3rd Eye Chakra which correlates to the pineal gland.  It is very possible that this man suffers from migrane headaches due to the stress and tension from wanting to just be himself but being conditioned to be who and what his parents conditioned him to be. in addition he may have a hard time concentrating and suffer from confusion and negative feelings. Other potential physical problems include brain tumors, stroke, neurological problems such as Parkinson's, seizures, spinal difficulties, and problems with the ears, eyes, and nose.

At the same time, Mars correlates to the Naval Chakra and the 10th House to the outer layer of the Root Chakra. When stressed or over worked, it is possible that this man becomes angry and possibly violent. Imbalances and stress can lead to tiredness or exhaustion, blood disorders, impotency, kidney or bladder problems, constipation, anemia, obesity, or lower back pain. And of course, anger can lead to accidents. 

Skywalker

Hi Rad and all, here´s my go at this. Thanks again to all participating.

Medical part two.

As stated earlier, one of the key factors in this combination that can lead to medical issues is stress, with Uranus in the fourth house opposite Mars in the tenth house we now have more information relative to the inner and outer conditions that may lead to medical issues.

As Uranus is in the Fourth house, there can be subconscious memories of traumatic experiences from previous lives of abandonment or emotional shocks deep within the memory of the Soul, causing irrational or subconscious fears because of these memories. These experiences can also be re-played in the current life. Dynamics relative to emotional security, nurturing himself and others or, others nurturing him, can be stressful because of the need to rebel against crystalized emotional and family dynamics, that do not nurture and support a true representation of his individuality. The evolutionary intention is to accelerate his evolution by gaining objective awareness of his individual emotional security needs and to minimize external dependencies, therefore he may have to stand back as a group of one within his own family. This person might grow up in a family environment where many of his personal needs would be unmet or his individuality simply misunderstood by the parents. Or certain dynamics within the family could be opposite what others of like mind expect from a "normal" household, making him feel like the only "normal" one in the environment by adhering to social values other than the familial ones. Physical and emotional violence in the family environment are also a possibility with the opposition to Mars because of these dynamics that can lead to polarized confrontations with the parents or others in authority or in the environment. All this leads to a highly charged emotional energy in his life and environment that can make him very sensitive/defensive when threatened, snapping back impulsively and possibly having violent reactions. Others in the environment can also display this behavior by pushing him away/shocking him emotionally, with the effect of throwing him back on himself for his security needs instead of clinging on someone or something external.
As emotional or even physical needs are potentially unmet, even from a very young age, the child is forced back upon himself for nurturing and emotional self reliance. This can lead to a sense of isolation and an inability to integrate emotionally within the family environment as a child, to become a rebel or a "problem child" that rejects everything out of a subconscious fear of losing his individuality to that which he is rebelling against. As an adult there can be an inability to relate emotionally with others in a consistent way, thus effecting their intimate and professional relationships by projecting security needs onto partners, expressing displaced emotions or being immature and irresponsible.

Consistency is needed for any living being to have a healthy emotional life and be a productive member of society. Without a solid, consistent, emotional sense of security and a healthy self image, one cannot operate in society in a constructive, balanced manner. The opposition aspect shows the tension and difficulty in balancing the need for a healthy emotional life where he can express his individuality consistently, with a career and sense of social accomplishment.

With Mars in the Tenth house there can be the instinctive impulse to get ahead within the social scheme of whatever society the person finds himself in. Mars here will correlate to a person who acts in a goal oriented manner, with the tendency to be very ambitious. This ambition can be caused by the individuals need to learn self responsibility from a young age, to fend for himself, to have to work hard in order to gain the approval/affection of authority figures, and due to dynamics shown by the opposition to Uranus, which can ignite the desire to break free from the family and be independent financially by working in the "real world", so he can be free to be himself. The desire to get ahead and achieve goals can create stress/frustration/anger as he encounters limitations from authority figures or other external or internal limiting factors. Mars in the Tenth can suppress emotional or physical needs in order to act responsibly and achieve set goals or to behave in the correct manner as defined by parents, society or external authority figures. This in itself can lead to inner frustration because of the suppression of natural desires in order to be in conformity with what is expected of him. When natural desires would be acted upon, to the contrary of what is "socially correct", there can be the fear of judgement from others, creating an inner feeling of man made guilt.

Negative emotions such as guilt, fear, anger, frustration, anxiety and traumas that are unprocessed or suppressed, stay in the energetic/emotional bodies and effect him on a subconscious level. These emotions build up as energy blocks in the root, navel and ajna chakras effecting his sense of security, his will power and his perception. Because of his security needs (root) there can be a collision of wills which depletes his will power (navel), that has the effect of distorting his perception (ajna).

These dynamics can lead to the medical conditions mentioned earlier by all in this thread and to:

Eating disorders or improper dietary practices. Contraction of the muscles due to emotional shock and/or emotional suppression which, if not relaxed can develop into contractures and possibly scoliosis. Tendinitis from working too hard in strenuous positions, osteoarthritis, muscle cramps. Anemia from mal nutrition, low calcium levels leading to low bone density, increasing the risks of osteoporosis which leads to weak bones that fracture easily. Ulcers from suppressed negative emotions/excessive anxiety etc, digestive problems, acid reflux, heartburn. Poor nutrition leading to over all PH being too acidic which facilitates the development of bacteria in the body, causes lactic acid buildup, negative effect on immune system, joint inflammation, rheumatoid arthritis. Poor vision from emotional trauma, dehydration, mal nutrition, over straining the muscles and nerves in the eyes. Potential for Glaucoma? Eye twitches, dry eyes. Brain damage from mothers negative emotions while still in the womb, mothers diet, unhealthy habits such as smoking which limits the supply of oxygen to the unborn baby or trauma to the mother while pregnant. Difficult/traumatic childbirth for mother and or baby. Serotonin imbalance leading to depression, erratic mood swings, insomnia, fatigue. Teeth grinding as a way for the body to release stress. Polycythemia, a bone marrow disease that over produces red blood cells and thickens the blood, causing clots that can lead to strokes or heart attack. Overactive bladder caused by neurological disorders, urinary incontinence due to weak muscles in the pelvic area. Dry scalp. Nervous breakdowns. Nervous ticks. ADHD. Multiple sclerosis? All sorts of accidents.
www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more

Katherine

Hi Rad,
Other dynamics, not withstanding...
Mars in the 10th: This man would attract/ pursue work environments that arr intense (exposure to risk) and demand ambition. He would be very strong, naturally, and would have measure of his physical limits-at the same time, possessing an inclination to push them. (Mars having traction in cardinal earth) He could come across as being provocative in the sense (gleam in the eye, so to speak) of being ready to "˜step' (i.e. fight) and capable of doing damage. This underscores the previous notes about volatility"¦ Intense physical activity might be an outlet for excess energy. Perhaps climbing or weight lifting as a practical means of building form (Saturn) which could be a healthy way toward dealing with stress or, become a separating desire to be recognized, objectified, feared. (Cardinal ref. to Cancerian insecurity and Libran aesthetics) Either way, the tendency toward competitiveness, independence, domination channeled through feats of strength and endurance would create stress to musculoskeletal system. Positively, this would increase blood circulation (O2) and bone density. Negatively, lactic acid accumulation in the muscles would aggravate an already acidic pH, overall.  Overriding signals of strain and fatigue (singular focus on desire- Mars) would lead to injury. Adhesions between the layers of tissues would create any number of soft tissue ailments.
Other issues: facial trauma (Bell's palsy) clenching jaw, grinding teeth at night, TMJ, tension headaches, hyperthyroid-increased heart rate, palpitation, tremors, anxiety, elevated blood pressure/ hypertension (hypervigilant sympathetic nervous system), inflammation e.g. (osteo)arthritis, (chronic)joint pain, cracking/ popping in joints, acid reflux, tightness in upper trapezius (specifically links to stress / the gut via Uranus in 4th) Possible distorted desires for sexual domination, there's room here too for repression/ self-criticism and judgment of these desires which, would manifest into physical disease mostly related to stagnation of blood (clots, etc) displaced anger, and in extreme cases of psycho-sexual disorder: forced sex/ rape.
Massage modalities: active isolated stretching and myofascial release to keep muscles tracking correctly
Asana: standing posses emphasizing balance, muscular, and organic energy connect navel and root chakras e.g. Virabhadrasana I,*II*,III, and Bhujangasana to ground

Uranus in the 4th:  This man would have an obtuse yet core sense of alienation, not feeling at home within the home/ body due to possible early trauma with a general heightened (live wire) sense of insecurity relative to personal safety.  They would have a short fuse and an elevated instinct when around others to filter all sensory data for potentially harmful or physically threatening circumstances (inconjunct from Cancer to Aquarius) Paraverbal communication is noticed, details (punctuated by smell) are remembered with minimal reminder to recall.  Over worked sympathetic, underutilized parasympathetic system. (Reinforces above signature, taxing kidneys/ adrenals) This is not to say "paranoid""¦ but, very watchful. This vigilance and emotional stress takes its toll on the stomach by way of a feeling of  "˜gut rot,' nausea/ unstettled leads to disinterest/ aversion to eating food which would create chemical imbalances (supplement B vitamins) and more disorders. Intermittent digestive issues (IBS) disruption to pH regulation, enzyme production, which can cause gas/ bloating which leads to blockages that then cause autointoxication. Then painfully (possibly explosive) diarrhea would further create a situation of dehydration. Ulcers likely.
Other Issues: dry eyes and/or sensitivity to prolonged exposure of sunlight, night driving, or TV/ computer monitor. congenital neurological disorder: Uranus seems infused by a watery 4th house so no comment on the myelin or any other insulators, yet.
Massage modalities: chi nei tsang, thai
Asana: most twists, supta virasana, ustrasana, urdhva dhanurasana (when well) setu bandha sarvangasana
To me, the Uranus-Mars opposition has been reinforced by the house placement of 4-10, respectively.  On one side, a capability to endure (and thrive) under physical strain and on the other, a delicate constitution that requires time, rest, and care.  Spartan meets Goldilocks?  Balancing the two would be a challenge that may mean very separate times to engage fully in both dynamics of energy moving out and energy moving in i.e. work out early in the morning and at night take it easy with alkalizing foods and plenty of time to unplug and relax. Either way, two basic things are crucial: water (with an alkalizer: lemon or coconut) and sleep in very dark, quiet, and safe environments to recharge.

Kristin

Hi Rad & all..

Mars in the 10th oppose Uranus in the 4th - I realize there will be a number of things that this aspect can represent but here are some thoughts. Also many of the specifics can be seen in the full chart but here are some possibilities.

Thanks Rad for this opportunity to grow on the subject..

Kristin

Considering Mars represents the lead point in a Soul's evolution, for the Soul to choose to  come into a life with Mars in the 10th, this would signify a Soul who has chosen to shoulder a great deal of responsibility, a natural leader, a warrior in some cases as in a modern day soldier, a head of a corporation, perhaps self owned and or a president or senator. Regardless, they would carry a great feeling and burden of responsibility. Mars in the 10th oppose Uranus could also mean a Soul who was forced to grow up fast or to take responsibility at a young age. He may have been left home alone while the parent(s) worked. Of course we need to look at the entire chart nevertheless, the burden of responsibility is there. This signature might also reflect broken family structure when the Soul was young as in divorce or losing one or both parents and being raised by extended family, possibly adoption, which would have taken a toll on the Soul emotionally.

Mars in 10th oppose Uranus in 4th further reflects potentially a Soul in a past life defending his homeland and the trauma that occurred as a result, perhaps he himself dying while defending his family. The opposition to Uranus reflects watching loved ones perish and the ptsd that ensued the inability to access emotions as emotions and overreaction to the slightest emotional outbursts rage linked with fear or someone who has simply seen too much.

A common theme for all Souls is the need to feel secure. With Mars in the 10th opposing Uranus in the 4th this reflects unexpected events that totally devastate that feeling of security where the Soul feels totally emotionally anxious and inwardly traumatized and alone. Also as I mentioned in a prior post, the inability to ever emotionally relax. This can translate into chronic anxiety, in some cases panic and also chronic depression (10th).

Uranus with the Moon also rules the Hypothalums with is a portion of the brain which directs a multitude of important functions including regulating the endocrine system. The endocrine system is the system of glands, each of which secretes different types of hormones directly into the bloodstream (some of which are transported along nerve tracts) to maintain homeostasis. With Mars opposing Uranus in the 4th this would suggest the potential for the hormones to be out of balance and hormones regulate various human functions, including metabolism, growth and development, tissue function, sleep, and mood.

Mars in the 10th - physical structure of the body including the entire skeleton, opposing Uranus in the 4th can equal experiencing a sudden injury, possibly being in a explosion for example in war or at battle or an accident occurring at home, 4th house. This could also signify being in a fire at home. This signature might reflect someone who could have even become blind in an explosion as Cancer 4th house, Moon connects to the eyes. Other possibilities with the eyes are cataracts which forms naturally as one ages, 10th house, and glaucoma. Glaucoma refers to a group of diseases that cause damage to the optic nerve, Uranus. If left untreated, glaucoma may cause vision loss and blindness.

Mars in the 10th opposing Uranus in the 4th could signify an overly acidic stomach, acid indigestion, also reflux known as GERD, Gastroesophageal reflux disease is a acid reflux disease is a chronic symptom of mucosal damage caused by stomach acid coming up from the stomach into the esophagus. Gerd is chronic symptom of mucosal (Mars in the 10th)damage. GERD is usually caused by changes in the barrier between the stomach and the esophagus, including abnormal relaxation of the lower esophageal sphincter, which normally holds the top of the stomach closed impaired expulsion of gastric reflux from the esophagus, or a hiatal hernia. These changes may be permanent or temporary. Unresolved emotions and anger can fester in the belly, also experiences of massive stress and danger can result of an endorphin surge from unresolved rage stirring in the guts which impacts digestion. This could be a soul with so much repressed emotion and not vehicle for release that the energy turns on itself..inverts..and the result is would poor digestion to reflux to the feeling of inflamed guts, like a belly on fire. Mars in the 10th opposing Uranus in the 4th could connect to inflammation of the lining of the belly. Also this would increase the propensity for stomach ulcers which is most commonly caused to high amounts of stress.

Head injury to the occipital lobe..(4th) which is the most posterior part of the back of the head..could have slipped and fell back on head..or a fall from high up such as someone falling off a roof of a house, structure 10th, home 4th. Also paralysis in extreme cases where the spinal cord, Uranus is injured/severed. The spinal cord is the elongated bundle of nervous tissue that carries nerve impulses between the brain and the rest of the body. It lies in the vertebral canal of the vertebral column, this connects to Saturn/10th house.

Ultimately this would be a Soul who is under so much emotional stress due whether as a result of responsibilities they have taken on in the world, or constantly worrying about their family, 4th house, perhaps they have long term memories in some cases of trauma to loved ones and it makes it impossible for them to ever relax. These memories may also simply be deep in their cellular memory and it creates an undercurrent of unrelenting persistent anxiety, and the Soul may be unaware of why and where it is coming from if it is from a past life. Or there may have been traumas as a child that the Soul has consciously "˜forgotten' attempted to detach from in order to protect themselves. This signature could also connect to some form of child abuse, sexual and/or physical, by the mother and perhaps an angry father with elements of rage in the home. This may also reflect an upbringing where the emotions of the parents were repressed or parents that were emotionally distant.

The cingulate cortex, Uranus, is a part of the brain situated in the medial aspect of the cerebral cortex. It includes the cortex of the cingulate gyrus (Uranus withe the Moon -4th house). The cingulate cortex. It is an integral part of the limbic system, which is involved with emotion formation and processing, learning, and memory. The combination of these three functions makes the cingulate gyrus highly influential in linking behavioral outcomes to motivation. This role makes the cingulate cortex highly important in disorders such as depression and schizophrenia. It also plays a role in executive function and respiratory control.

The causes of schizophrenia have been the subject of much debate, with various factors proposed and discounted or modified. Studies suggest that genetics, prenatal development, early environment, neurobiology and psychological and social processes are important contributory factors which can be reflected in with Mars in the 10th opposing Uranus in the 4th house.

With Uranus ruling the respiratory system and the lungs, the Mars in the 10th opposing Uranus in the 4th could signify shallow breathing due to the ongoing emotional stress and fears lodged in the lungs as well as asthma. Specific allergies and asthma may be a result of unresolved trauma from the past and a predisposition for pneumonia or pleurisy.

Mars in the 10th oppose Uranus could also connect to the Soul getting Parkinsons disease as one ages, 10th house. a common neurologic disease believed to be caused by deterioration of the brain cells that produce dopamine, occurring primarily after the age of 60, characterized by tremors, Uranus. My mom was diagnosed at 79 with Parkinson's as she has a Mars oppose Uranus aspect although not in the 4th and the 10th, however they do square her 10th house Pluto in Cancer which correlates to the same archetypes here.

Also another possibility as he ages, 10th house Mars would be dementia or Alzheimers, with the opposition to Uranus, which involves a progressive decline, changes in the brain, in the aging process impacting memory, including not recognizing members of their own family, 4th house.

The relative degree of possibilities within this aspect can be reflected in the level of emotional repression of emotion, Mars in the 10th, and the trauma seen in the opposition to Uranus in the 4th, that would throw this Soul back upon itself in order to evolve.

Rad

Hi Group,

For those who are still planning on doing this part of, this step, in our analysis of the Mars/Uranus opposition in the 4th/10th houses please let me know now.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Hi Rad I'm working on it now and have set for myself to post by the end of this week.

Upasika

Hi Rad,

I am hoping to get a start on it this weekend, and either also finish it this weekend too, or by about mid week. If this is too slow for the group please just go ahead and I'll be happy to catch up as I can.

(... and am planning to get Darwin's Saturn done by the end of next weekend, maybe before then if I'm lucky).

thanks Upasika

ari moshe

Hi Rad, I want to let you know how I'm approaching this and ask if you have any suggestions for me.

Since I have such a limited knowledge and understanding of anatomy and physiology I've just been picking a few of the correlations you listed and putting forth effort to understand the very very basic nature of that anatomy or physiology and to try to understand the nature/reasons for their astrological correlations. This way I am allowing for small steps. What I'm reminding myself is that its more valuable to learn just a couple new things than to try to "memorize" data or find a way to include lots of the data you have listed. This being said, it is a hard process for me - something that I'm finding I can only concentrate on for small periods of time.
So I'm very receptive to any suggestions you may have for me regarding this learning process.

Also, why is fat Saturn?
Thank you,
Love, am

Rad

Hi Ari,

"So I'm very receptive to any suggestions you may have for me regarding this learning process."

To me the best way to learn about the anatomy and physiology of the body is to see the 'whole' of it first so that all of it's individual parts them make sense. So, for me, that starts with understanding the genetic structure of the body as a root issue. From that root of genetics all manifests from there: like a root of a flower that then creates a steam, branches, and then flowers. The body is just like that. So by understanding the root of genetics all other body things can be understood.

"Also, why is fat Saturn?"

Fats correlate to Saturn, Capricorn, and the 10th House because they are part of the natural structure of the body that promote healthy skin and hair, insulating body organs against shock, maintaining body temperature, and promoting healthy cell function. Fat also serves the function of storing energy within the body that it needs to use at all times: like money in the bank. Fat also serves as a vehicle to buffer the body against many types of disease by diluting from the bloodstream excessive levels of various substances that can cause disease. This diluting process is then stored in the body by way of new fat substances that serve to insulate various body organs against these potential diseases until they can be eliminated by way of being metabolized or removed from the body via various forms of excretion.

God Bless, Rad