School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Medical Astrology

Started by Rad, Jun 14, 2013, 10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

Dear Rad and everyone!

Since you intend to keep this very simple at first, I will participate.

I'm busy working on the EA Glossary updates for 2013 but I'm sure
I can spare some time to be involved in this amazing thread!

Many thanks and Love,

Linda

Rad

Hi Linda,

Just great to have you 'back', so to speak.

God Bless, Rad

cat777

Hi Rad,

Hoping to participate.  So far, it looks good  :-)

Thanks!  This is some really excellent information you are sharing!

cat

Katherine

Hi Rad,
YES!! Thank you again for sharing your knowledge and wisdom-this information is invaluable.

I've been looking at some recent developments with regard to my own health... which prompts these questions related to the senses and, to pain"¦ 

I think I understand the symbolism in the Mercury/ Uranus dichotomy, in terms of anatomy and physiology. Can you speak more about the nature of pain? To Venus and Neptune and how (why) they relate to sensing? 

Is there any further breakdown or (co)rulership within the Sensory Receptors?

Chemoreceptors
Thermoreceptors
Photoreceptors
Nociceptors
Mechanreceptors
o   Merkel's disks
o   Pacinian Corpuscles
o   Messiners Coruscles
o   Ruffini's End Organs
o   Hair Follicle Receptors
o   Proprioceptors

What would be some factors for determining the root of an ailment in situations where there are issues on the physical, emotional, and spiritual levels? (e.g. Depression tends to be comorbid with chronic pain.)  Being able to see in a chart whether a physical symptom (headache, nausea) is a product of psychogenic pain vs. nutritional imbalance, etc.

Did Wolf speak of suffering?

God Bless,
Katherine

P.S. Here is a condensed list of the material covered, for those just jumping in or needing a refresher...

Nervous System Tissue
The nervous system is made up of the Central Nervous System (CNS) and the Peripheral Nervous System (PNS). Comprised of neural and nervous tissue, the CNS and PNS transmit signals from the brain to the body parts (muscles, glands, sense organs) to activate a response, which correlates with Uranus, Mercury, and Pluto

Uranus
The neurotransmitters with Mercury and Neptune in general
The synapses
The neurons
The axons
The sacs
The receptors with Venus and Neptune
The entire central Nervous system with co-ruler Mercury
The sympathetic and parasympathetic systems with co-rulers the Moon and Mercury

Venus
The receptors in the brain with Uranus and Neptune
Receptor cells throughout the body

Mercury
The entire central Nervous system with co-ruler Uranus
The motor nerves
The sympathetic and parasympathetic systems with co-rulers the Moon and Uranus
With the co-ruler Uranus it correlates with the very nature of thought: thinking. As a result it correlates with the 'messaging' taking place within the entire physical body that is ultimately traceable to the various areas within the brain itself.
The nervous system is made up of the Central Nervous System (CNS) and the Peripheral Nervous System (PNS). Comprised of neural and nervous tissue, the CNS and PNS transmit signals from the brain to the body parts (muscles, glands, sense organs) to activate a response, which correlates with co-rulers Uranus and Pluto

Mercury with Uranus correlates to all the transmissions within the body that all involve the body communicating with itself. Additionally, this correlates with all the external transmissions that come into the body the impacts on how the body reacts to those transmissions. In combination these then correlate to how the body, and the Soul within it, transmits or communicates itself to others specifically, and the overall environment generally.

Moon To the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems with co-rulers the Uranus and Mercury

Rad

Hi Katherine,

Quote from: Katherine on Aug 19, 2013, 06:49 AM
Hi Rad,
YES!! Thank you again for sharing your knowledge and wisdom-this information is invaluable.

I've been looking at some recent developments with regard to my own health... which prompts these questions related to the senses and, to pain"¦ 

I think I understand the symbolism in the Mercury/ Uranus dichotomy, in terms of anatomy and physiology. Can you speak more about the nature of pain?

The nature of pain is to inform the brain to take action relative to what the specific type of pain is in order to take necessary remedial  action before a cataclysmic situation is reached.

To Venus and Neptune and how (why) they relate to sensing? 

These planets, the signs the rule, and the houses they correlate too sensing as a general physiological and anatomical response to the inner and outer environments that provide essential information to the brain. Why ? Because astrology is a natural science which means a science of correlation and observation versus theory or hypothesis. Thus, through direct observation and correlations over a great length of time of the human being these correlations to these planets, etc, have been observed.

Is there any further breakdown or (co)rulership within the Sensory Receptors?

Here are the further correlations you have asked about: 

Chemoreceptors: Pluto, Venus, Uranus
Thermoreceptors: Venus, Uranus, Sun
Photoreceptors: Venus , Moon, Neptune: higher octave of Venus
Nociceptors : Venus and Pluto
Mechanreceptors: Venus
o   Merkel's disks: Venus and Mercury/Uranus
o   Pacinian Corpuscles Venus and Pluto
o   Messiners Coruscles: Venus and Saturn
o   Ruffini's End Organs: Venus and Uranus
o   Hair Follicle Receptors: Venus and Pluto
o   Proprioceptors: Venus and Jupiter

"What would be some factors for determining the root of an ailment in situations where there are issues on the physical, emotional, and spiritual levels? (e.g. Depression tends to be comorbid with chronic pain.)  Being able to see in a chart whether a physical symptom (headache, nausea) is a product of psychogenic pain vs. nutritional imbalance, etc."

EA is able to determine the 'why' of just about anything. Thus, specific symptoms all have their own causes. EA is able to determine, in almost all cases, the cause of anything. Each case, Soul, is unique. This is why it is essential to have a firm grasp and understanding of the core principles, methodology, of EA so that the why or cause of whatever condition can be understood. So to understand the root of any ailment it is essential to understand EA itself. This very thread on medical astrology will hopefully help all of us towards this end.

Did Wolf speak of suffering?

Yes, of course, but always in the context of 'why' any given Soul has created the conditions for it's life so that all Souls can take responsibility for that which, in fact, they have created for themselves. Understanding the causes, the why's of anything, equals self knowledge. When this is then known to a Soul it is then up to them to do what is necessary to make the changes that can lead them in new evolutionary directions that can hopefully eliminate the conditions that have created whatever types of pain they have.

Of course many Souls have created conditions in which the pain they have, the nature of it, can not be alleviated at all and/or can only be modified to some extent. The reasons for this, the why, is unique to each Soul. EA can help uncover whatever those unique reasons are for any given Soul.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Ari, Skywalker, Linda, Upasika, Kristin, Katherine, Cat, and Sunyata....

Ok, we will now begin our second stage of our medical thread. And we will start very, very simply and progressively build upon this simple beginning to understand in a more holistic way the medical signatures in any given chart.

At first we must realize that all the various astrological symbols, i.e. Mars, Cancer, the 4th House etc, correlate to all the various anatomical, physiological, and chakra system that we have now learned that symbolize the potential for medical issues in each of the archetypes. In other words, when we analyze any given symbol, from a medical point of view, the potential exists to have medical issues in those symbols versus some absolute manifestation of a medical issue in those symbols.

So as we develop this next step we will use that perspective of potential versus an absolutist one. We will also learn, along the way, that given the potential in any given astrological symbol how transits and progressions can correlate to the manifestation of that potential at those times. Of course we will also try to understand the inherent genetics, Pluto, Scorpio, and the 8th House, of any given symbol in such a way as to consider how any given Soul can literally be born with medical issues.

So as we now develop this next step in our medical thread we will start very simply as in considering the medical potential of two planets. From there we will take those same two planets and connect to signs, and then, from there to houses. As we progress further on we will then begin to add other planets to in a building block approach to our medical understanding that will lead to looking at an entire birth chart.

So as we begin examining two planets at first it will simply be a matter of each of referring to the anatomical, physiological, and chakra system correlations of those two planets. This will then comprise what you send in to me in this thread.

We should also understand that the nature of aspects between planets correlate to the relative probability of having medical issues connected to those planets. In other words, two planets in opposition versus those same two planets in a trine will correlate to an increased probability of having medical issues between those two planets. The aspects also correlate to the potential degree of how severe any given medical issue is between two planets. Again, a trine between two planets not only has a decreased probability of medical issues but also, if they did manifest, a less sever manifestation of them versus those two planets being in an opposition for example.

So to begin very simply let us consider the potential medical issues of a Mars in opposition to Uranus in a male body. When all of you have submitted your analysis to me, and all questions asked and answered that may be asked of me, we will then move on to other examples.

If you have any questions please ask them of me now.

God Bless, Rad

Katherine

Hi Rad, all,
I'm guessing that this would be a volatile signature (I visualized a strap fight. A strap fight involves two people who are bound together by a length of rope, chain, or a belt. Forced engagement -with zero chance of escape- is the objective. Forced opposition-a dynamic stasis) with both Uranus and Mars relating to Yang and Pranic energies engaged through a cardinal association.
Both symbols, archetypically, have a stressful/ caustic nature, manifesting the instincts for separation and freedom in different ways. Visually, I think it's an interesting tension with Uranus correlating to Kundalini/ root chakra energy concurrently with trauma, disassociation, and vacating. Mars registers to the navel/ solar plexus chakra, conversely, linking to violence, sex, and procreation.  (I visualized a lemniscate)
Air*Uranus (fire*opposition) Fire*Mars as experienced by the human body, to me, would indicate the long-term situation of nervous system burnout via exhaustion. (Flame continuously stoked) Stress moves in a perpetual feedback loop affecting all levels experienced i.e. physically, emotionally, psychologically, and spiritually? Chronic stress flattens into fatigue, which can lead to frustration, and then anger. This lack of perspective tends to project upon others creating defensiveness and hyper-vigilance, possibly attracting antagonistic, hostile, or violent situations. Further, REM sleep is disturbed, compounding all experiences.
Constant, unrelenting stress"¦ could indicate Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. (I think of PTSD as event/ environmentally oriented-it has a definite beginning. So to me this would come through following a traumatic event in the present life (via transit/ progression) or, if from events in a previous life (indicated by the position of Pluto/ S. Node) I think it is certainly a possibility but, looking at the difference, I am favoring CFS because of the broad scope and that the etiology (origin/ causation) is unclear. ("˜When no etiology can be ascertained, the disorder is said to be idiopathic' i.e. "˜arising spontaneously or from an obscure or unknown cause') Also, PTSD tends to be a catchall for stress disorders that have manifested into human behavior. Similar to how fibromyalgia is diagnosed in cases where symptoms don't paint a clear picture or the causes are unclear.

Potential for other bursting-Uranus, fast, intense, and painful-Mars/Pluto cataclysmic experiences such as aneurism, heart attack, pulmonary embolism, etc. (From recent experiences"¦ I think these events are born not from a simple birth signature, but a perfect storm of natal, transit, progression and also environmental context/ lifestyle owing much to level of consciousness, self-awareness, and self-care) Another possibility, looking at the anatomical and physiological attributes of each, could create the event of a stroke. Caused by ischemia- leaning toward Uranus Caused by hemorrhage- leaning toward Mars. (I've just seen epilepsy in a natal chart as a Uranus-Mars crescent square and, a seizure by way of a Mars transit: opposing natal Mars, squaring natal Uranus-among other things.)  
In a male form there could be a challenge to integrate oscillating extremes with regard to sexual desire fueled by intense endocrine rhythms e.g. testosterone/ adrenaline. Objectification, vacating, withdrawal (Uranus) then the acute need to act on primal, imperative, desires (Mars) (Perhaps other signatures could flavor this experience i.e. Saturn- guilt/ shame, Jupiter- justification/ glamour?)  I just have a general sense of a drive to engage physically but, an inconsistency (lack/abundance, up/down) of energy to deliver.

Correlations
Blood/Veins/Arteries: I looked into the conductivity of blood to see if there was a link to alkalinity. Conductivity increases as ionic (TDS) presence increases. A basic case for hydration! Vericosity, Varicocele
Breath/Lungs/Trachea: as CO2 increases, acidity increases which, lead to a host of physical maladies (Bohr effect) e.g. acidosis, hyperviscosity, and hypercoaguability â†' thrombophilia, thrombosis (clot) (O2 intake effects pH more than diet) dry/ dehydrated, asthma, hyperventilation
GI/Duodenum/Esophagus-Mars dry/ dehydrated, easily irritated, acid reflux, ulcers, Chrohn's
Endocrine: Imbalances of adrenaline, testosterone, cortisol (Cushings), and acetylcholine (Alzheimer's) all can interfere with REM sleep, DHEA, androgen (a strong Pluto or Neptune aspect might pull this into a condition of intersex)
Sex/ Sex organs: dynamic libido, appear virile though may have imbalances that prevent "˜performance.' compromised sperm count, oligozoospermia

Remedial efforts... (Serious avoidance of stimulants, alcohol, excitotoxins, and neurotoxins) consistant REM sleep, pure water, calming smells- sage, alkalizing foods, herbs- mucilages and flavinoids. Since the Uranus-Mars opposition is so dynamic (and potentially combative) routine pranayama and asana. Sitting in a position that opens and grounds the root chakra (perineum/ CV1) Breathing with eyes closed (quieting/ non-threatening sensory depravation) that is full and engages the diaphragm, massaging the viscera (Anapanasati- observing the sensation of the breath (Uranus) through the nostrils-balancing the nadis (left-inertia; right-action) This opening of the lungs aides "˜CO2 disposal, preventing ammonia, ketones and aromatic amines from building up to toxic levels' Increases circulation without exertion. Asanas that put the pelvis in line or above the heart and brain without exertion such as uttanasana, virasana, prasarita padottanasana, and savasana.

So very grateful for this opportunity to practice!
God Bless,
Katherine

cat777

Hi Rad and All,

The first thing that popped into my head is stress.  Uranus correlates to the brain, Mars to the adrenals so on and so forth.  I was thinking about the "flight or fight" response but then thought about cortisol.  Cortisol is produced by the adrenal gland and secreted during a stress response.  Looking back through the material, I see that cortisol, as well as hormones, are ruled by Libra, Taurus, Venus etc.  Being we are focusing on Mars opp Uranus and nothing else, does this rule stress out since the signatures that correlate to cortisol are not included at this point and cortisol is a major stress hormone? 

Thanks
cat

Rad

Quote from: cat777 on Aug 24, 2013, 12:50 AM
Hi Rad and All,

The first thing that popped into my head is stress.  Uranus correlates to the brain, Mars to the adrenals so on and so forth.  I was thinking about the "flight or fight" response but then thought about cortisol.  Cortisol is produced by the adrenal gland and secreted during a stress response.  Looking back through the material, I see that cortisol, as well as hormones, are ruled by Libra, Taurus, Venus etc.  Being we are focusing on Mars opp Uranus and nothing else, does this rule stress out since the signatures that correlate to cortisol are not included at this point and cortisol is a major stress hormone? 

Thanks
cat

Hi Cat,

First, hormones, in general, correlate with Scorpio, Pluto, and the 8th House. Venus correlates as a co-ruler with Pluto to cortisol. The adrenals also secrete the hormones Epinephrine ( adrenaline ) which correlates to Mars with the co-ruler Pluto and  Norepinephrine which correlate with Saturn and Pluto. Thus the 'flight or fight' as you put it. Stress, whatever the causes may be, disrupts the equilibrium, balance, between these hormones. Thus, in the signature that we are looking into, Mars in opposition to Uranus, stress then can cause extreme imbalances of these hormones relate to the adrenals.  This then creates a high degree of adrenal stress that can lead to adrenal fatigue, or outright collapse of the adrenals. When that takes place a variety of other medical conditions can then take place.

God Bless, Rad

Skywalker

Hi Rad and all,

Mars Opposite Uranus Medical

Energetic imbalance between middle layer of Root chakra corresponding to one´s individuating function, and the Navel chakra which corresponds to one´s personal will power. The imbalance is shown by the opposition aspect and will correlate to stress between these two dynamics.

As Mars is instinctive and Uranus unpredictable, this is a very volatile person who can become angry/irritable in a split second, with no apparent warning and with the potential for an uncontrollable temper. This can lead to high levels of psychological, emotional and physical stress. Stress as we know can cause all sorts of medical conditions and dis-eases.

Some potential conditions that can manifest with this planetary combination are: 

High levels of adrenaline as a result of stress, effecting heart rate. Heart attack due to the contracting of the arteries and muscle tissues and/or thickening of the blood. Aneurism due to the bursting of a vein in the brain. Pulmonary embolism due to clotting of the blood. Varicose veins due to dehydration. Over sensitized nervous system which can lead to shaking, over sensitivity to pain and electricity or other stimulus including sexual stimulus which leads to over excitement and pre-mature ejaculation, tense muscles that contract and don´t let blood flow properly to them, muscular spasms, headaches and a highly nervous and reactive individual all round.

Other potential conditions:

Irregular breathing which can lead to fatigue due to lack of oxygen.

Possible brain damage from birth.

Erratic physical movements.

Hormonal imbalances in the adrenal glands due to irregular sexual desires, stress, anger, anxiety, which can lead to peaks/bursts of energy or a lack of energy and fatigue.

Hormonal imbalances in the hypothalamus which can effect testosterone production and metabolic rate, leading to chronic fatigue amongst other conditions.

My anatomical and physiological knowledge is limited but will improve. Thank you for the opportunity!
www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more

Kristin

Hi Rad and Group,

I realize the list of possibilities is long with this signature and it is also relative depending on the Soul's choices (Mars), stage of evolution as well as other signatures in the chart but here are some potential possibilities.

Mars Oppose Uranus in a male body

This Soul would not have most likely come into this life with unresolved trauma. Trauma is linked with Uranus and the opposition to Mars reflects being born with some form of PTSD.  There may be events that would have created potentially more trauma, resulting in the THE INABILITY TO EVER REALLY RELAX for they may always be wondering or worrying when the next shoe will drop because of experiencing prior unexpected traumas that may have caught them by surprise. The accumulated stress over time also due to the PTSD would cause the whole system to be in a constant state of tension. This kind of pressure and tension would increase the stress on the heart and the entire blood (Mars) stream, causing potential for heart attack or in extreme cases a brain Aneurysm which occurs where there is a weak area in the wall of an artery that supplies blood to the brain causing a stroke. "The most common location for brain aneurysms is in the network of blood vessels at the base of the brain called the circle of Willis."

The elevated stress on the body due to an over active nervous system can effect all of the organs over time, especially the heart organ and the blood vessels as they as a result will have to be working harder to keep up with the pace of the potential higher blood pressure and heart rate that can accompany PTSD. A red blood cell's (Mars) main function is carrying oxygen in the blood to various cells in the body, it uses a protein called hemoglobin for that purpose, where it picks up oxygen (Uranus) in the lungs and distributes it to the cells in the rest of the body.

A stroke is a condition in which the brain cells suddenly die because of a lack of oxygen. This can be caused by an obstruction in the blood flow, or the rupture of an artery that feeds the brain. The patient may suddenly lose the ability to speak, there may be memory problems, or one side of the body can become paralyzed.

This Soul will has the potential for sudden HEAD (Mars) injuries of a traumatic kind though some kind of unforeseen accident that could impact the spinal cord (Uranus), The opposition reflects the potential severity of a potential injury, that will range depending on other factors in the chart from moderate to severe as in paralysis. You can see this in a hard blow to the head in a football game, a car accident or a hard fall/accident to the head. The fact that Uranus is involved this suggests an injury that could have long term effects of a traumatic nature that impact the overall nervous system.

RAD
"The brain stem is an important part of the hindbrain, and it controls functions that are critical to life, such as breathing and swallowing. The cerebellum is also located here, playing a role in physical ability. The brain stem is a structure that connects the brain to the spinal cord. Damage to this structure can be catastrophic, as it controls such things as blood pressure, heartbeat, and swallowing."

The type of injury is going to effect how the brain sends messages to the entire body including how the person is experiencing the pain resulting from the injury. In some cases this could feel like being plugged into a light socket of pain or the pain could shoot in out of no where. Also this signature connects to having a constant inner buzzing like static in the cells due to the nerves in the spinal column being traumatized or stressed. Because so much energy, blood, thus oxygen is being directed to the area of the potential injury, other organs could be also impacted if they they are not getting the blood flow they need to perform efficiently.

Headaches caused by constant stress. Any form of emotional stress caused by unresolved trauma will take it s toll physically on the body for emotional stress is the root of all dis-ease.

Migraines - A migraine is a severe, painful headache that is often preceded or accompanied by sensory warning signs such as flashes of light, blind spots, tingling in the arm. Migraine headaches result from a combination of blood vessel enlargement and the release of chemicals from nerve fibers that coil around these blood vessels. During the headache, an artery enlarges that is located on the outside of the skull just under the skin of the temple (temporal artery). This causes a release of chemicals that cause inflammation, pain, and further enlargement of the artery.

Uranus connect to the LUNGS and the function of breathing so within this signature it could also connect to injury to the lungs for example a gun shot to the lungs or a puncture such as the rib puncturing the lung through some kind of accident.  Also the predisposition to lung conditions such as Pneumonia which is caused by an inflammation of one or both lungs due to infection Also Pleurisy which is an inflammation of the pleura, which is the moist, double-layered membrane that surrounds the lungs and lines the rib cage. The condition can make breathing extremely painful causing a sharp Mars pain when breathing, so with each breath, Uranus, there is a sharp Mars Pain. Sometimes it is associated with another condition called pleural effusion, in which excess fluid fills the area between the membrane's layers.

PTSD is a Uranian phenomena, Uranus also connects to the lungs and breathing,  and as a result the stress can lodge itself in the lungs, similar to watching an accident happen,  it creates one to gasp and the lungs freeze, you might find yourself holding your breath. all the oxygen exchanges occur in the lungs so if someone is not able to fully utilize lung capacity due to stress or not being able to breathe full or deeply, this then effects how oxygen it carried throughout the entire body thus how all of the organs are functioning for Oxygen equals LIFE.

Asthma: The airways are persistently inflamed, and may occasionally spasm, causing wheezing and shortness of breath. Asthma can manifest in Souls with unresolved trauma,

Because Mars connects to blood flow, as well as Mars ruling male genitalia, this could impact this man's ability to have an erection either through some trauma to his penis or as a result of nerve damage to the nerves that innervate this area.

Interruption of the flow..short circuiting..Uranus ruling the middle layer of the root chakra where the root of kundalini/sexual desires emanate can create a short circuiting because of the injury..this could also reflect in a "healthy" body quite the opposite, an easy and fast and electric ease of being able to have erection..being that it is an extreme signature...so in a healthy body it would would not take any warming up.

With Mars oppose Uranus this can be linked with an extremity of adrenaline due to the sustained stress in some cases this can cause an Adrenaline Rush. When that rush kicks in it turns off bodily functions such as digestion and boosts oxygen and glucose to the brain.

This signature can also be linked with an extremity in acids as Mars rules all the acids in the body with Pluto which can therefore ignite digestive complications, as well as reflux whereby the stomach acids recede into the esophagus and cause a burning. This is known as GERD Gastroespohageal reflux disease that effect the lower esophageal sphincter. Esophagus is Mars.

The Mars oppose Uranus can also connect to  PTSD combined with an intense of anger because of the traumas that may have occurred. The Mars oppose Uranus can also reflect a war symbol, being involved in explosions, gun shots etc and so the trauma linked with war/anger/revolt will physically take its toll on the body especially as over the years, any long term memories of the war are released within the nervous system can create an emergence of anger and total panic to surface seemingly out of nowhere and the Mars, flight or flight, 3rd chakra ruler can create an intensity that causes the blood to boil and the heart to race effecting directly the heart muscle, adding extra stress to all of the capillaries, and blood vessels causing inflammation, stress to all organs. At bare minimum this signature suggests a constant undercurrent of anxiety of some form that is always in place, never really free from stress, and the body always in a state of tension.

Peace,
Kristin

Upasika

Hi Rad,

I'll be attempting a post for this after doing Darwin's Jupiter, so hopefully this weekend but otherwise as soon after as I can, sometime next week.

thanks Upasika

ari moshe

Hi Rad, same here - I'm working on this now and will be posting either by the end of this week or next.

Wendy

Same here Rad - been out of the loop and saw the post early this week. Thanks.

ari moshe

Hi Rad I have a couple basic questions that have come up as I'm working on the Uranus Mars correlations:

Sweat is mostly water and minerals. Minerals are Saturn. However is sweat, the substance itself, connected to Uranus? Is sweat an electrolyte?

Also would you mind clarifying the role electrolytes play in the body and how/why that correlates with Uranus?

Lastly, is the nose partially Uranus because it is responsible for taking in Oxygen?

Thank you so much. Love,
am