School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Medical Astrology

Started by Rad, Jun 14, 2013, 10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad

Hi Ari,

Quote from: ari moshe on Aug 28, 2013, 06:33 PM
Hi Rad I have a couple basic questions that have come up as I'm working on the Uranus Mars correlations:

Sweat is mostly water and minerals. Minerals are Saturn. However is sweat, the substance itself, connected to Uranus? Is sweat an electrolyte?

Sweat is a water that is filled with various minerals that the body via the sympathetic nervous system activates in order to regulate the body's temperature. Because of the connection to the sympathetic nervous system there is a correlation to Uranus. Additionally, the body temperature is regulated by the heart rate, and thus the Sun. It is not an electrolyte. There are sweat electrolyte tests that are aimed at determining the levels of chloride within the sweat. But, of itself, sweat is not an electrolyte. Because sweat is a water it's primary correlation with the natural trinity of the 4th, 12th, and 8th Houses, Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio, and Pluto, Neptune, and the Moon. To me the lead in this is the 4th House, Cancer, and the Moon which then has as it's natural polarity Saturn, Capricorn, and the 10th House that then correlates to the various minerals within the sweat.

The sweat gland itself correlates with Pluto, Scorpio, and the 8th House.

Also would you mind clarifying the role electrolytes play in the body and how/why that correlates with Uranus?

They correlate with Uranus because electrolytes are electrically charged, which means that they can conduct electrical impulses. The body needs electrical impulses to make muscle cells contract. The generation of an electrical impulse by a cell requires an electrical voltage to be maintained across the membrane of that cell. The difference in electrolyte levels creates and maintains these electrical voltages.

When the body intakes minerals from food they dissolve into a fluid that is then called an electrolyte. They're present in blood, urine, in the fluid inside the body's cells and in the fluid in the space surrounding the cells. Sodium, calcium, chloride, magnesium and potassium are the most common electrolytes in the human body. They're essential for many heart, nerve and muscle functions. They also play an important role in keeping fluid levels normal in different body compartments.

When imbalances occur in these electrolytes, whatever the causes may be, it can lead to medical issues linked with the nervous system, and the heart, in various degrees of severity. The body must maintain a balance between the water levels within the body and the electrolytes in order to function normally.

Lastly, is the nose partially Uranus because it is responsible for taking in Oxygen?

Yes, because it is part of the entire structure that takes in oxygen in the body. From this perspective even the mouth could have a correlation to Uranus.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

To all those who said they wanted to work on this thread ..

I need to know who is still planning on working on the current stage of the medical astrology thread that we are currently on: Uranus opposed Mars. So please let me know and also when you feel you will be able to submit your work on this this.

God Bless, Rad

Linda

Hi Rad,

I have been called away on an urgent
family matter. If I find some spare time
in the next several days, I will post.

Love,

Linda

cat777

Hi Rad and All,

I have been meaning to post but find that when I work on this I overwhelm myself.  I start reading health and medical books and go off into all kinds of places and feel I am in over my head.

I am therefore going to just post a few simple thoughts, otherwise I will end up not posting anything :-)

Like I said when I posted a question earlier, stress is the first thing that popped into my head.  I also thought about spasms and then metabolism issues.  I am thinking there would be body chemistry (as produced by the brain (Uranus) and the adrenals (Mars) issues causing hypo (low) and hyper (high) levels of various chemicals and even hormones.  Chemical imbalances causing havoc throughout but mostly depending on which signs and houses are involved.  With the adrenals being pumped up (triggered by transits), cortisol levels can go from low to high leading to weigh gain or loss.  There may also be hormonal imbalances causing imbalances in relation to sexual energy - swinging from high to low etc. 

Of course, an individual with Urn opp Mars may be quick to anger, which effects the body on a physical level (blood pressure) and may be accident prone.

Sexual trauma is another road I started down.

Wow, there are just so many possibilities and I am finding that my knowledge of physiology is rather basic  :-)

Rad

Cat and others,

There is no need to read medical books at all. All's we need to do is examine the correlations that have been provided about the anatomy, physiology, and the chakra systems and then link those correlations to the example: Mars opposed Uranus. So, in this example we would simply refer to the correlations of Mars, Aries, and the 1st House to the correlations of Uranus, Aquarius, and the 11th House and put that in the context of an opposition. That's all we have to do.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Hi Rad, I'll be posting what I have so far tomorrow morning.

ari moshe

Hi Rad, this is what I have so far. I want to let you know that I am thoroughly appreciating this practice. By looking at the correlations you listed and doing my own research on them - all in the context of a specific practice (Mars Uranus) it is helping me to learn and understand how this works little by little.

I would like to continue to research the correlations you have made and write more here while we are still on Mars Uranus - even if its just a little. I'll be doing that over the rest of this week. Thank you again for this opportunity.
God bless, am

Neurotransmitter acetycholine is co-ruled by Uranus and Mars as it is a neurotransmitter that binds with skeletal muscle fibers. Upon binding to these fibers it opens up channels in the cell membranes which is then entered by sodium which apparently results in muscle contraction (the role of an electrolyte?). One correlation I can see from that is where the brain will fire the acetypcholine neurotransmitter due to some sort of fight flight response which results in involuntary muscle contraction/muscle tension.

Mars rules the testes and the penis. Acetycholine is also responsible for the swelling of the penis, which correlates as well to the contraction of the testes. I imagine due to sexual trauma/sexual violence there can be issues with the firing or the reception of this neurotransmitter resulting in impotence and psychologically dissociative behavior around sexual arousal/ expression of desires. Uranus also co-rules the sheathing on the nerves. There can be a wear on the nerve sheathing which then could eventually lead to nerve damage.

Dehydration throughout the body in general is possible with this opposition. I see that there are several kinds of dehydration. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehydration. Most forms of dehdration in humans are isotonic which refers to an equal loss of water and electrolytes. This can be created through a great amount of stress on the central nervous system.

Mars rules red blood cells. Red blood cells are responsible for carrying lots of oxygen throughout the body. From wiki on red blood cells:   
QuoteRed blood cells, or erythrocytes, are the most common type of blood cell and thevertebrate organism's principal means of delivering oxygen (O2) to the body tissues via the blood flow through the circulatory system.[1] They take up oxygen in the lungs or gills and release it while squeezing through the body's capillaries

The oxygen is received from the lungs which of course receives it from the air that is breathed. Lungs correlate to Uranus, and there can often be issues with full breathing due to various traumas. This can then have the impact of lowering the amount of oxygen in the blood which then effects the functioning of the entire body, including level of alertness/awakeness. This can lead to various medication conditions wherein the body is deprived of the oxygen that it needs.

Of course there can also be difficulty breathing and there is the clear possibility of accidents/direct trauma involving the lungs as well which can affect all that was stated above.

Injuries to the nose that impede upon the ease of taking in oxygen.

Sunyata

I see the potential for a dramatically high energy level with the combination of testosterone, the nervous system and the brain, which in time can overtax the body if the person does not find a way to create a calming balance with himself to accomidate for the potential inner stress of the nervous system.

Potential stressors in muscle tissue and blood flow, potential disruptions of the neurotransmitters correlating to disrupted release of Dopamine, Serotonin,  Gaba, and Acetylcholoine.

A general potential disruption of the overall nervous system and the bodys ability to deal with the energy overload. Perhaps Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is a potential medical disorder.....

Linda

MARS OPPOSITE URANUS

Some correlations:

Uranus ... brain, neurotransmitters, entire central nervous system, bursting action.

Mars ... muscles, red blood cells, primary brain.

The specific correlation to the Mars opposite Uranus aspect is the severe disruption to the neurotransmitter, Acetylcholine, located in both the central nervous system (Uranus) and the peripheral nervous system (Uranus). In the central nervous system, acetylcholine plays a role in attention and arousal. In the peripheral nervous system, this neurotransmitter is a major part of the autonomic nervous system and works to activate muscles (Mars).

Neurotransmitters (Uranus) are chemical messengers which the brain (Uranus) uses to deliver instructions from one neuron (nerve cell) to another (the sheathing on the nerves correlates to Uranus). Without this versatile troupe working in concert, our brains could not function. Acetylcholine is a key player in this troupe.  The body uses more of it than any other neurotransmitter.

Acetylcholine is the primary neurotransmitter in charge of muscle movement (Mars). It is found both in smooth muscle and skeletal muscle.  Acetylcholine dictates that our muscles work in harmony.
For mental alertness, concentration and memory, acetylcholine is a must.  When levels are right, mood is elevated, the mind is focused, and intelligence increased. The brain performs its dance smoothly and effortlessly. When acetylcholine levels are low, learning and recall can plummet. The ability to think clearly and coherently can be disrupted.

This neurotransmitter also plays a vital role in controlling primitive drives and emotions, eg anger, fear, and aggression. When there is an imbalance among our neurotransmitters, these drives and emotions, now unchecked, can wreak havoc on both the individual affected and on the people around them.

Our brain's ability to create acetylcholine lessens as we get older. This can give rise to memory loss and possibly to dementia later in life. Research has shown that all people who experience dementia suffer from insufficient acetylcholine.

Steady blood flow (Mars, red blood cells) is vital for acetylcholine to do its job. But if blood flow in the brain is restricted, by damage caused by strokes, for example, acetylcholine takes a serious hit. This problem is compounded by the fact that the acetylcholine system controls blood flow to the outer portion of the brain.

Uranus correlates with the brain (and Mars to the head), therefore strokes/injury within the brain, and to the physical action of bursting when an existing restriction within the body has reached an extreme.

A stroke is the rapidly developing loss of brain functions due to a disturbance in the blood vessels supplying blood to the brain. This can be due to ischemia (lack of blood supply) or to a hemorrhage (Uranus, bursting action).  As a result, the affected area of the brain is unable to function. 

The ability of the brain to recover from such injury as stroke or trauma depends on a particular circuitry of neurons that 'talk' to one another using the brain chemical acetylcholine.

Parasympathetic nerve fibers send out acetylcholine which induces relaxation, ie slows down the heart.  In regards to the cardiac cycle, it influences the volume of blood (Mars) that is ejected during the cycle.  When heart rate decreases, cardiac output should also decrease.

Thanks Rad and group!

Rad

Rad
If possible, could you please refer to the causes for placenta previa, and how this condition can be treated? Would sanicle be of help (after 5th month of the pregnancy)?

Here is a link that will answer the questions you have asked about this: http://www.medicinenet.com/pregnancy_placenta_previa/article.htm#what_is_placenta_previa

Sanicle will not alter or help this situation in anyway.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Group,

I will return on Monday next to review all of the work you have submitted. So if those who have not posted, and said they would, please post by Monday next.

God Bless, Rad

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Thanks for waiting Rad, will do.

blessings Upasika

ari moshe

Hi Rad, I've been researching lots of "data" and mostly I feel I have lots of unconnected bits of information. I just wanted to fill you in on my process - my inner guidance at this time is to give all the research a significant rest and to learn by way of taking only small steps myself, by reading other people's posts and your feedback - and asking questions based on all that. I've been trying too hard to research and place together too many Gemini pieces together without enough Sag understanding of nearly any of it.

Love, am

Upasika

Hi Rad,

Thanks so much for this.

Mars opposite Uranus - Medical implications for a male

Generally speaking there may be too much (opposition) electrical energy entering into the nervous system (Uranus), and this could cause restlessness, and combined with the Mars opposition impatience, which may lead to cuts, burns and other accidents.

The person will be prone to sporadic muscle rhythm because of excitability (Uranus), which in turn could lead muscular spasms at times. Mars relates to matters connected to the head skeleton, and Uranus to unpredictable movement which could lead to head injuries.

There could also be problems with overstimulated (Mars) nerves (Uranus) - twitching, nervousness, or nervous compression within some muscles leading to numbness, or "pins & needles".

The person will have an inherently charged energy system, as the testosterone production (mars) will be strong. There could also be high levels of adrenaline produced, and the two in combination could lead to overly high exertion over an extended period of time (eg overwork, fighting), leading to adrenal burnout. This in turn would produce excessive acidity in the body, which would lay the foundation for all manner of illnesses to manifest at some point in the future. Additionally Uranus under stress (opposition) would probably produce excessive free radicals. As the acid conditions would inhibit antioxidants that could neutralise those free radicals this would set up a generally disease prone bodily environment.

Mars is fiery which could aggravate the tendency of Uranus to produce dehydration, so they would need to drink plenty of fluids to make sure their body generally functioned and excreted well. They would also need to drink plenty of water to keep the serotonin levels up, which would help keep them calm.

Because Uranus rules the lungs and oxygen, and Mars the red blood cells that carry the oxygen around the body, this person may be prone to cigarette smoking, especially to settle their nerves and/or if there was no suitable physical outlet for their physical and emotional energy.

Also there would be a tendency to excessive internal inflammation (Mars) as a result of all the above.

blessings Upasika

Rad

Hi All who have contributed to the EA medical thread so far......

First, thanks to all of you for taking the time to submit what each of you have. I will be back here on Tuesday to review all of your work so that we can continue on in our next step.

God Bless, Rad