School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Medical Astrology

Started by Rad, Jun 14, 2013, 10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunyata

I'm going to step back from the analysis part of this thread but will be following and asking questions as they come up.

ari moshe

Hi Rad, I want to let you know where I'm at. I have come to realize is that what's best for me is to keep it really simple to just focus on the anatomy/physiology that I already understand for now before trying to incorporate so much new data. I've been experiencing stress in researching the connection between so many aspects of the body without having the necessary baseline understanding. I feel I need to allow the connections to built more slowly and organically. And I do intend to begin studying genetics.

So I'm going to start over again with this approach and make a solid effort to post something concrete and very simple for tomorrow night (Sunday). If you do have any further advice/guidance regarding my participation in this thread I am very open to receive it. Thank you,
With love, am

Rad

Hi Ari,

Your approach is just right to me. In the long term, yes, study genetics and evolutionary biology. For now do exactly as you intend to do: one step at a time.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Hi Rad,
Why is saturn associated with the anal canal?
Is the structure of the nose co-ruled with saturn because simply the nose is made of bone and cartilage?

So basic correlations with Mars in the 10th house, just by itself can imply an individual that might be very strong. Muscles that connect to the bones, as well as the bones, correlate to Saturn. Mars is muscles as well. So there can be a strong structure to this body.

Taking Uranus in the 4th just by itself, since the 4th house correlates to all containers in the body and Uranus correlates to "bursting" when an existing limitation has reached a restriction, there can be issues with holding on to urine due to unresolved childhood trauma, leading to a bursting of the bladder. With Mars in opposition in the 10th house, we can also see a strain on the muscles that would be involved in contracting the bladder, which can lead to things like ruptures of some sort. Rupturing can occur within the anal canal as well.

Along with the possibility of trauma linked with sexual function, now we see that there may be a repression/holding back of sexual desire due to unresolved emotional trauma and guilt linked to the sexual function. This holding back of the sexual impulse - especially if during sex - can lead to a build up of semen which creates stress on the testes which can result in a bladder infection, or injure/weaken the muscle that is responsible for ejaculation. Something can rupture as well.

There can be injuries to the nose, 10th house, Uranus, which leads to an impediment of air flow, which leads to a lack of oxygen going to the brain which leads to a decrease in concentration. Difficulty in breathing can lead to cramping and pain in the stomach and an overall poor ability to digest food. All this can lead to pain in the spine in various places. Due to conditioned emotional responses, this individual may perpetuate stress in the body and the alignment of the spine by creating forceful and compulsive movements such as compulsively cracking the neck or spine when nervous or under emotional stress.

Since Mars rules the naval Chakra and we're looking at it's placement in the 10th house opposite Uranus there may be repression of basic urges, which then leads to a holding back of his fire which can translate to weak digestion. This can lead to inflections in various organs in the body. There may be issues with elimination here as well, Saturn root chakra along with the anal canal.

The Moon correlates to the third eye, there may be great psychic sensitivity to his surroundings - due to being very sensitive, this soul may be on guard all the time, on emotional defense - this can lead to high blood pressure (is this true?) and other conditions I stated above such as issues with elimination, bursting or hemoraging of organs as a result of creating so much internal stress. The third eye correlation of the Moon along with Uranus in the 4th correlating to so many parts of the brain, and migraines in general, there can be strong headaches that are set off by various stress stimuli.
Thank you Rad,
God bless

Rad

Hi Ari,

"Why is saturn associated with the anal canal?"

First, it is co-ruled with Pluto where Pluto correlates with elimination and feces. Saturn because of it's correlations with valves, the anal canal have valves within it, that secrete lubrications to moisten the feces itself that helps in the passage of the feces.

God bless, Rad

Skywalker

Rad, I have a few questions.

Is Urine also Pluto as it correlates to elimination?

Are feces/urine also connected to Saturn? I ask this as feces/urine contain excess nutrients.

Are the vocal chords Mercury and/or Venus?

Is radiation Sun/Pluto?

Thank you

www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more

Rad

Hi Skywalker,

Quote from: Skywalker on Oct 02, 2013, 05:25 AM
Rad, I have a few questions.

Is Urine also Pluto as it correlates to elimination?

Urine has a co-ruler: Moon and Pluto

Are feces/urine also connected to Saturn? I ask this as feces/urine contain excess nutrients.

No. Feces is specific to Pluto, the 8th house, and Scorpio. Urine is co-ruled with the Moon and Pluto.

Are the vocal chords Mercury and/or Venus?

Mercury correlates to the vocal cords of themselves, where Venus correlates to the actual quality of the 'sound' that the vocal cords produce. This is like the ears wherein the the anatomy of the ears is Mercury whereas the psychology of how we hear is Venus.

Is radiation Sun/Pluto?

Pluto

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Group,

I ran across the following article on the now proved fact that the brain of Einstein was in fact not only larger than any other human, but that the vital corridor that connects the right and left brain hemisphere's was itself extremely large. This is the area in the brain that synthesizes all the crossing information from the right and left brains in such a way as to intuitively see the larger picture of anything.

I am posting his birth chart so that we can then all see how EA medical astrology perfectly reflects these facts. Consider the appropriate symbols such as his Jupiter in Aquarius in the 9th which is then ruled by his Uranus in Virgo in the 3rd, that his S.Node of Mercury is conjunct that natal Jupiter, that his Jupiter is the natural ruler of his Sagittarius Moon which is conjunct the S.Node of Uranus and Lucifer, God inspiration, the S.Nodes of Vesta, Neptune, and Venus all in Aquarius, and that is natal Pluto, Ceres, Neptune, and Chiron are all in the 11th house.

So here is the article, and his chart is posted below that.

God Bless, Rad

Originally published Friday, October 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Einstein's brain really was bigger than most people's

Neuroscientist Peter Tse: "It might be that [Einstein's' brain was slightly larger in these areas because he exercised these regions more than the average person."

By Melissa Healy
Los Angeles Times

Albert Einstein had a colossal corpus callosum. And when it comes to this particular piece of neural real estate, it's pretty clear that size matters.

Chances are, that brawny bundle of white matter cleaving the physicist's brain from front to back is part of what made his mind so phenomenally creative. The corpus callosum carries electrical signals between the brain's right hemisphere and its left.

Stretching nearly the full length of the brain from behind the forehead to the nape of the neck, the corpus callosum is the dense network of neural fibers that makes brain regions with very different functions work together.

When the corpus callosum works well, the human brain is a marvel of social, spatial and verbal reasoning. When it malfunctions, as it appears to do in autism, fetal alcohol syndrome, certain genetic disorders and after traumatic brain injury, the effect on cognition can be disastrous.

According to a letter to the editor published Thursday in the journal Brain, Einstein's corpus callosum at the time of his death was a superhighway of connectivity, "thicker in the vast majority of subregions" than the corpus collosi of 15 elderly healthy males and thicker at five key crossings than those of 52 young, healthy males who served as a comparison group.

Upon Einstein's death of an aortic aneurysm at age 76, his heirs approved the removal of his brain. Many histological slides were made, documenting minute slices of the theoretical physicist's brain.

While some of those are housed at Princeton University, where Einstein spent his final years, and at the National Museum of Health and Medicine in Washington, D.C., many have been lost or stolen. Without a full picture of Einstein's brain, the basis of the theoretical physicist's genius eludes scientists.

But photographs of Einstein's postmortem brain unexpectedly came to light recently, giving neuroscientists a glimpse of the genius that lay within. Last November, the journal Brain published a detailed look at the surface of Einstein's brain.

The latest analysis is based on several of these photographs, which showed the separated right and left hemispheres of Einstein's postmortem brain. Those revealed the corpus callosum with great resolution and accuracy and allowed the current analysis.

The authors of the study - physicists from East China Normal University in Shanghai and Florida State University anthropologist Dean Falk - were particularly impressed by the relative brawn of Einstein's corpus callosum at the splenium, a region of the corpus callosum that facilitates communication among the parietal, temporal and occipital lobes and between those regions and the brain's intellectual-command center, the prefrontal cortex. The parietal and occipital lobes, in particular, are key to imagining and manipulating visuospatial information and images and to conducting mathematical operations.

Earlier studies of Einstein's brain have found some regions, notably Einstein's parietal lobes, were just plain bigger than those of normal people. But the authors write, "Our findings suggest that Einstein's extraordinary cognition was related not only to his unique cortical structure and cytoarchitectonics, but also involved enhanced communications routes between at least some parts of his two cerebral hemispheres."

Peter Tse, a Dartmouth College neuroscientist who recently explored the underpinnings of artistic, scientific and mathematical creativity, said the study's findings underscore that the ways in which we use our brains, and the consistency with which we do so, may matter more as we age.

Tse noted that, while Einstein's brain was much better connected than those of similarly aged men, it was not quite as strikingly more connected than those of healthy young controls.

That might reflect the fact that Einstein continued to exercise his brain strenuously, forestalling much of the atrophy that comes with age.

"It might just be that Einstein's brain was more like a young person's brain in that sense," said Tse. "A recent article has shown that the brain is like a muscle in the sense that neural circuits that are used often tend to change in their organization." That, in turn, may lead to increases, or at least changes, in connective tissues such as the corpus callosum, he added.

"We should therefore not conclude that Einstein's genius was caused by some part of his brain being slightly larger than average. It might be that his brain was slightly larger in these areas because he exercised these regions more than the average person." 

Rad

Hi Ari, Upasika, Katherine, Kristin, Skywalker, and Cat

Ok, I have reviewed all of your work. Each one of you, in terms of what you have each identified as psychological/ medical correlations to the Mars/Uranus opposition in the 4th/10th houses, are all correct. Each of you has done the work you are doing very well. Skywalker asked if this could correlate with glaucoma and the answer is yes due to excessive water pressure/ build up in the system caused by stress.

Bravo to you all !

Our next step will be to put the Uranus/Mars opposition in the 4th/10th Houses in a sign to determine additional psychological/ medical correlations: to see if in so doing there are more potential issues that may occur.

So let's put Uranus in Virgo, and Mars in Pisces. What additional potentials could exist in so doing ?

If you have any questions please ask them of me now.

God Bless, Rad

cat777

Hi Rad and Everyone,

Thank you for the feedback! 

Going back to the post about Einstein's brain, I was just reading an interesting article about dyslexia.  At the end of the article, the author says it is thought, though not proven, that Einstein was dyslexic.  This article suggests that dyslexia may be a mind-brain evolutionary development.  You can read it here:

http://www.brisbanegoodwill.com/test/

Rad, I am wondering what you think in relation to this.

Thanks
cat

Rad

Quote from: cat777 on Oct 14, 2013, 12:46 PM
Hi Rad and Everyone,

Thank you for the feedback!  

Going back to the post about Einstein's brain, I was just reading an interesting article about dyslexia.  At the end of the article, the author says it is thought, though not proven, that Einstein was dyslexic.  This article suggests that dyslexia may be a mind-brain evolutionary development.  You can read it here:

http://www.brisbanegoodwill.com/test/

Rad, I am wondering what you think in relation to this.

Hi Cat,

As a young person I also had a pretty intense form of dyslexia so my response to you comes from that place. I do not see it as a 'mind-brain' evolutionary development at all. To me, as are all things, when this occurs within a Soul there is their own individual evolutionary/ karmic need that is unique to each Soul. In other words, I do not see it as a general phenomena that correlates to some evolutionary development for the entire human species. So from an evolutionary astrology point of view the issue then becomes determining what the individual evolutionary/ karmic need is for a Soul to manifest any degree of dyslexia.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

"Is it correct to correlate these areas-prefrontal cortex and orbitofrontal cortex-both with Saturn and Mercury (and Uranus of course)?"

For the prefrontal cortex I would suggest Saturn/Mercury as co-rulers with Uranus, and with the orbitofrontal cortex I would suggest Neptune (it's natural polarity being Mercury)/Saturn as co-rulers with Uranus.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Group,

Posting the below article because I thought you would all find it very interesting.

God bless, Rad

Scientists discover DNA body clock

By Ian Sample, The Guardian
Sunday, October 20, 2013 20:27 EDT

A U.S. scientist has discovered an internal body clock based on DNA that measures the biological age of our tissues and organs.

The clock shows that while many healthy tissues age at the same rate as the body as a whole, some of them age much faster or slower. The age of diseased organs varied hugely, with some many tens of years "older" than healthy tissue in the same person, according to the clock.

Researchers say that unraveling the mechanisms behind the clock will help them understand the ageing process and hopefully lead to drugs and other interventions that slow it down.

Therapies that counteract natural ageing are attracting huge interest from scientists because they target the single most important risk factor for scores of incurable diseases that strike in old age.

"Ultimately, it would be very exciting to develop therapy interventions to reset the clock and hopefully keep us young," said Steve Horvath, professor of genetics and biostatistics at the University of California in Los Angeles.

Horvath looked at the DNA of nearly 8,000 samples of 51 different healthy and cancerous cells and tissues. Specifically, he looked at how methylation, a natural process that chemically modifies DNA, varied with age.

Horvath found that the methylation of 353 DNA markers varied consistently with age and could be used as a biological clock. The clock ticked fastest in the years up to around age 20, then slowed down to a steadier rate. Whether the DNA changes cause ageing or are caused by ageing is an unknown that scientists are now keen to work out.

"Does this relate to something that keeps track of age, or is a consequence of age? I really don't know," Horvath told the Guardian. "The development of grey hair is a marker of ageing, but nobody would say it causes ageing," he said.

The clock has already revealed some intriguing results. Tests on healthy heart tissue showed that its biological age - how worn out it appears to be - was around nine years younger than expected. Female breast tissue aged faster than the rest of the body, on average appearing two years older.

Diseased tissues also aged at different rates, with cancers speeding up the clock by an average of 36 years. Some brain cancer tissues taken from children had a biological age of more than 80 years.

"Female breast tissue, even healthy tissue, seems to be older than other tissues of the human body. That's interesting in the light that breast cancer is the most common cancer in women. Also, age is one of the primary risk factors of cancer, so these types of results could explain why cancer of the breast is so common," Horvath said.

Healthy tissue surrounding a breast tumor was on average 12 years older than the rest of the woman's body, the scientist's tests revealed.

Writing in the journal Genome Biology, Horvath showed that the biological clock was reset to zero when cells plucked from an adult were reprogrammed back to a stem-cell-like state. The process for converting adult cells into stem cells, which can grow into any tissue in the body, won the Nobel prize in 2012 for Sir John Gurdon at Cambridge University and Shinya Yamanaka at Kyoto University.

"It provides a proof of concept that one can reset the clock," said Horvath. The scientist now wants to run tests to see how neurodegenerative and infectious diseases affect, or are affected by, the biological clock.

"These data could prove valuable in furthering our knowledge of the biological changes that are linked to the ageing process," said Veryan Codd, who works on the effects of biological ageing in cardiovascular disease at Leicester University. "It will be important to determine whether the accelerated ageing, as described here, is associated with other age-related diseases and if it is a causal factor in, or a consequence of, disease development.

"As more data becomes available, it will also be interesting to see whether a similar approach could identify tissue-specific ageing signatures, which could also prove important in disease mechanisms," she added.

guardian.co.uk © Guardian News and Media 2013

Kristin

Hi Rad,

A fascinating article above about aging tissue. I find it particularly well timed here in the U.S. with it being Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Thank you again Rad for all you share and give to this board.

With Gratitude, Kristin

Rad and group,

I recently did a reading for a client with a 4th house Mars/Uranus opposition signature. Uranus was in the 10th in Cancer and Mars in the 4th in Capricorn they make a T-square to Neptune 1st and Mercury 7th(although not exactly the same, it energetically mirrors our current example) - I found the trauma and accident frequency stunning. Will spare you all the fine details but it has been A wake up call life and all necessary for her Soul... "˜wrong place wrong time' ..accident prone..extreme lack of physical balance as a result of the head injuries as well.

*She almost died 17 times from Klebsiella Pneumonia, an antibiotic resistant form of Pneumonia.
*9 bad falls, several were falls in ice/snow and hitting her head
*5 bad accidents with head injuries involved- included being hit be a truck that lost its brakes, also         being  hit by a drunk driver..
*When swimming in the middle of the Ocean in the Bahama region she was bitten 250 times by mosquitoes causing a respiratory virus that also nearly killed her.

Here are some further thoughts Uranus in Virgo in the 4th and Mars in Pisces in the 10th.

Highly compromised immune system due to persistent emotional stress and trauma. Immune system connects to Neptune/Pisces and with ongoing repeated emotional stress this can wear down the immune system and cause an increased susceptibility to the body breaking down and getting sick.

Exposure to metals, Capricorn/10th house/Saturn

Imbalance of Metals in the body.
Metals make vital functions like respiration, circulation and reproduction possible.

Cobalt, for instance, found at the core of vitamin B12, is key to making red blood cells, while iron allows those cells to ferry oxygen and other important chemicals to the body's tissues. Calcium not only strengthens bones but also plays a role in muscle, nerve function and blood clotting. Sodium and potassium help the heart and nerves communicate through electrical signals.

Exposure to too much metal can be harmful. But not getting enough metal in the right places can make us sick, too. This is the case with conditions such as iron-deficiency anemia and osteoporosis.

Autism is a disorder of neural development characterized by impaired social interaction and verbal and non-verbal communication. Autistic children are known to express a lack of emotion but they are in fact highly emotional Souls. The inability to express this lack of emotion is due to unresolved trauma from another life. Uranus in Pisces in the 4th opposing Mars in Virgo in the 10th reflects this inability to express emote the emotion locked up within.

Mute - Mercury connects to the throat and throat chakra, Mercury rules Virgo. Uranus in Virgo opposing Mars can reflect the reason the Soul is mute is due to emotional trauma and this may also be sue to injury.

Loss of hearing due to an explosion. The anatomy of the ear connects with Mercury, Mercury being the ruler of Virgo.

Injury and/or trauma to the Spleen (Neptune) which helps to clean the blood and is part of the immune system. The contributes to the production and storage of blood cells as part of the circulatory system.

Injury and truama, Uranus opposing Mars, to bones in the feet, Pisces

Poor circulation to the feet, which is often referred to as peripheral vascular disease, is the result of a lack of oxygenated blood being pumped to the extremities (feet - Neptune/Pisces and hands Mercury /Virgo) of the body. Poor circulation has several possible causes and risk factors and produces several distinctive symptoms.

Someone experiencing insufficient blood circulation to the feet may feel a variety of sensations, including numbness, tingling or the sensation of pins and needles. Peripheral arterial occlusion, or hardening of the arteries, can cause hands and feet to feel numb, tingly, heavy or tense. If these symptoms occur, along with pain or leg cramps from a short walk, poor concentration and memory, impotence or frigidity, it is advised to seek medical evaluation because hardening of the arteries is considered by many to be America's number one killer. Buerger's disease, a condition brought on by chronic inflammation of the blood vessels in smokers, can also cause a tingling sensation in the toes. A number of other conditions can cause numbness in the feet, including diabetic neuropathy, multiple sclerosis, a pinched nerve, rheumatoid arthritis and stroke, according to Dr. James Balch, author of "Prescription for Nutritional Healing."

Katherine

Hi Rad,
I am out of town and plan to post at the end of the week.
God Bless,
Katherine