Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Medical Astrology  (Read 11100 times)
Katherine

« Reply #150 on: Nov 08, 2013, 11:37 PM »

Connective tissue is made up of cells and protein fibers and provides support for other body tissues. The main proteins in connective tissue are collagen and elastin. There are five types of connective tissue. They are:

Loose connective tissue: including adipose tissue (fat storage) which correlates with the Moon and Pluto
    Dense connective tissue which correlates with Pluto
    Blood which correlates with Mars, Venus and Pluto
    Bone which correlates with Pluto and Saturn
    Cartilage which correlates with Pluto and Saturn

Hi Rad,
Regarding dense connective tissue, would you ascribe any co-rulerships (Saturn?) to the following:

Fascia
Tendons
Ligaments
Aponeurosis
Dermis

Thank you so much!
God Bless,
Katherine

P.S. I'm working on step 3 now and should be posting in the AM
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2013, 02:06 AM by Katherine » Logged
Katherine

« Reply #151 on: Nov 09, 2013, 06:39 AM »

Hi Rad,
Adding to my previous posts:  
Uranus in Virgo in the 4th
I would say of Uranus (higher octave, fixed, air, yang) in Virgo (lower octave, mutable, earth, yin) that with the strong mercurial resonance—thinking, communicating, processing internal & external stimuli and emphasis of an inward context, in the 4th (cardinal, water, yin) that this combination would make for a highly self-critical, sensitive, and generally insecure individual.  Specifically, on the mental and emotional levels, there could be an innate tendency toward avoidance, withdrawal, and disassociation.  This could easily lead to substance abuse of depressants or hallucinogens as a way to self-medicate.  Mental illness such as Borderline personality disorder reflects an unstable self-image, a sense of emptiness and inferiority, and a tendency to vacate. Mood disturbances such as ‘splitting’ (black and white thinking) peak in idealization and objectification, and pitch into devaluation and dismissal.  In extreme cases Schizophrenia where there are major imbalances of dopamine levels, also contributing to anxiety and depression. Delusions, disordered thoughts and speech, tactile, auditory, visual, olfactory, and gustory hallucinations, typically regarded as manifestations of psychosis. Impairment of the hippocampus, frontal, and temporal lobes during fetal development is a possible cause.  Hyperactive mental activity (depending on the structure of consciousness, relative intelligence, creative capacity, and familial support) could imply savant, high-functioning autism (Asperger’s—restrictive and highly repetitive interests and behavior) prodigious, or precocious capabilities. Energetically, the root and third eye chakras would be affected, furthering a sense of confusion regarding identity and clear guidance from within.  Physically, again stress, fatigue, difficultly resting, or dropping into REM sleep. Nervous ticks, twitches, shaky hands, headaches, ocular dehydration and degeneration.

Mars in Pisces in the 10th
Mars (cardinal, fire, yang) in Pisces (mutable, water, yin) in the 10th (cardinal, earth, yin) Again, a positive polarity planet in a yin sign and in a yin house… and in opposition. So, there is a consistent tension—albeit the Uranus configuration is analogous through rulership, Mars via mode.  This seems to echo a kind of disillusion, isolation, and suffering. Escape through fantasy, disassociation, and addiction.  Confusion and loss of identity seemingly transcended (spiritualized) through entertainment, drugs & alcohol, disconnected sex.  This reminds me of the riddle: what gets larger the more you take away?  Perhaps there could be the possibility of being an inspired musician or artist, a visionary on some level? Dreams needing to be documented. I’m not sure why I can’t think of a happy scenario for this man…why I’m getting a sense of struggle.  On the physical level, issues of the immune system and the blood e.g. sickle-cell anaemia, poor circulation, vasculitis, varicosity, thrombosis. The three lowest chakras (root, sacral, navel) would be prone to disrupting the others.  This would be a conscious choice to engage in pranic breath, vipassana meditation, or other practices that are both invigorating and grounding.
11/13 I am not sure how I forgot to mention the feet--lack of circulation, numbness, prone to injury etc.

God Bless,
Katherine
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2014, 08:44 PM by Katherine » Logged
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #152 on: Nov 11, 2013, 08:20 AM »

Hi Katherine,

Connective tissue is made up of cells and protein fibers and provides support for other body tissues. The main proteins in connective tissue are collagen and elastin. There are five types of connective tissue. They are:

Loose connective tissue: including adipose tissue (fat storage) which correlates with the Moon and Pluto
    Dense connective tissue which correlates with Pluto
    Blood which correlates with Mars, Venus and Pluto
    Bone which correlates with Pluto and Saturn
    Cartilage which correlates with Pluto and Saturn

Hi Rad,
Regarding dense connective tissue, would you ascribe any co-rulerships (Saturn?) to the following:

Fascia
Tendons
Ligaments
Aponeurosis
Dermis

No.

God Bless, Rad
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #153 on: Nov 11, 2013, 08:22 AM »

Hi All,

This will no conclude this thread. For those who posted on the Mars/Uranus in the Signs all of what you correlated too was accurate. Bravo for you !

God Bless, Rad
Skywalker

« Reply #154 on: Nov 14, 2013, 07:38 AM »

Hi Rad,

I was expecting the thread to keep on going and didn´t ask a few questions I had as I was waiting to see how things progressed. For example how would the Moon differ from the 4th house, the sign Cancer or the ruler of the 4th house from a medical point of view?

Thank you
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #155 on: Nov 14, 2013, 08:32 AM »

Hi Rad,

I was expecting the thread to keep on going and didn´t ask a few questions I had as I was waiting to see how things progressed. For example how would the Moon differ from the 4th house, the sign Cancer or the ruler of the 4th house from a medical point of view?

Thank you

Hi Skywalker,

I was expecting this thread to keep going too but as more and more who originally said they wanted to contribute to it fell away, and as the time it was taking for those that were left to work on the segments increased, I decided it was done: enough. Personally, I am very disappointed about this. If you or others do have questions concerning the evolutionary medical astrology please feel free to ask.

The Moon and Cancer have their correlations which are not different at all. Where ever you find the Moon in the chart, or the sign Cancer, the correlations are the same. As we began to learn in this thread the specific houses and signs that any planet falls within, the archetypal correlations to that planet, are then added onto relative to the archetypal correlations of that house and/ or sign. So too with the planetary ruler of a house adding to to the core archetypes of the house itself.

Let me know if this is clear for you.

God Bless, Rad

Skywalker

« Reply #156 on: Nov 14, 2013, 09:39 AM »

Rad,

I was also disappointed about how the thread turned out but am thankful you are still willing to answer our questions. I think many people involved in the thread are just busy at the moment and might be a bit overwhelmed by the complexity of Medical Evolutionary Astrology. Personally I find it fascinating and hope to continue or resume at another time.

Yes that did answer my question, what I´m wondering is: in the example we studied with Mars/Uranus in the 4th/10th if we would then place the Moon conjunct Jupiter and in a trine aspect to Uranus, it would seem to counter or contradict the stress from Uranus in the 4th. What is confusing to me is that on one hand we might have a symbol of high stress levels and on the other a symbol of ease and comfort, all relative to emotional dynamics as it involves the Moon and the 4th house. The hard part seems to be exactly how it all plays out and effects the body but i´m starting to think that by using the EA paradigm, starting with Pluto and the Nodes, it would be a lot simpler to see potential medical conditions and why they manifest.

To me, in the example we studied, it would seem that the 4th house Uranus opposite Mars would be a stressful home environment that effected his emotional life but, the Moon with less stressful aspects would indicate that he did learn to cope emotionally or would choose to take the "high road" thus minimising some of the medical conditions that could arise or creating other conditions relative to the other aspects to the Moon. Is this approach correct?

Thank you!
cat777
Very Active Member

« Reply #157 on: Nov 14, 2013, 12:27 PM »

Hi Rad,

I was hoping to learn a lot from this thread, and I have, but found that doing the very "simple" assignments was very difficult, not from an EA perspective, but from a "medical astrology" pov.  Although I have studied Holistic Nutrition, read about Alternative Medicine, herbs, homeopathic remedies, have taken courses in biology, anatomy etc etc, I found that "medical astrology" requires a lot more "medical" knowledge than I have.  Although you said it wasn't necessary, I found I had to look up and research different symptoms and diseases in order to do the assignments as it doesn't make sense writing about things that you don't really understand. I only posted what I honestly understand and nothing that I read about but do not know anything about (in terms of disease and health related issues).

I wanted to keep going, but I am kind of relieved you put an end to this.  I think if more people were well versed in the medical/anatomy aspect of this, things would have turned out differently.  I would love to follow this if anyone with that type of background keeps it going. I wish I was such a person, but I am not  :-)

cat
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #158 on: Nov 15, 2013, 06:47 AM »

Rad,

I was also disappointed about how the thread turned out but am thankful you are still willing to answer our questions. I think many people involved in the thread are just busy at the moment and might be a bit overwhelmed by the complexity of Medical Evolutionary Astrology. Personally I find it fascinating and hope to continue or resume at another time.

Yes that did answer my question, what I´m wondering is: in the example we studied with Mars/Uranus in the 4th/10th if we would then place the Moon conjunct Jupiter and in a trine aspect to Uranus, it would seem to counter or contradict the stress from Uranus in the 4th. What is confusing to me is that on one hand we might have a symbol of high stress levels and on the other a symbol of ease and comfort, all relative to emotional dynamics as it involves the Moon and the 4th house. The hard part seems to be exactly how it all plays out and effects the body but i´m starting to think that by using the EA paradigm, starting with Pluto and the Nodes, it would be a lot simpler to see potential medical conditions and why they manifest.

To me, in the example we studied, it would seem that the 4th house Uranus opposite Mars would be a stressful home environment that effected his emotional life but, the Moon with less stressful aspects would indicate that he did learn to cope emotionally or would choose to take the "high road" thus minimising some of the medical conditions that could arise or creating other conditions relative to the other aspects to the Moon. Is this approach correct?

Thank you!

Hi Skywalker,

Yes !

God bless, Rad
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #159 on: Nov 15, 2013, 06:48 AM »

Hi Cat,

Thanks for the feedback.

God Bless, Rad
Katherine

« Reply #160 on: Nov 15, 2013, 11:27 AM »

Hi Rad,
I was extremely disappointed at this news.  This thread was the most supportive thing I have done to learn EA i.e. applying the paradigm which, I actually do not know how to do.  This was my first entry point to practicing astrology...  My knowledge and background have helped but, it's been my own drive to learn that got me through the hours of researching and hours of writing.  And rewriting.  Which, I was so happy to do!

Thank you for keeping the thread open to questions.

God Bless,
Katherine

cat777
Very Active Member

« Reply #161 on: Nov 15, 2013, 11:32 AM »

Hi Katherine,

Maybe you and Rad can keep going and anyone else so inclined can jump in.  I would still like to follow and learn, I just think what I can contribute is kind of trite  :-)
Katherine

« Reply #162 on: Nov 15, 2013, 11:52 AM »

Hi Cat,
I'll accept the opportunities as they are available!
But I would not ask/expect that of Rad.

If you are giving a wholehearted effort to learn, how can your answers be trite?

My perspective is that a number of people here are afraid to be wrong on a public forum.  The shadow side of a good reputation...

I have nothing to lose.

God Bless,
Katherine

P.S. Great question about Maya on the Neptune thread!
Katherine

« Reply #163 on: Mar 17, 2014, 05:15 AM »

Hi Rad,
I am on my way back..
I hope you have been well.

No other way to ask, I have a question regarding the shift from postpartum depression to postpartum psychosis, that is why do mothers kill their babies?

I have not found much about it, much less the root of WHY. Here's the basics of what I could find: The break that occurs (beyond the external fears of some 'other' force impacting and hurting the infant) can coincide with a kind of merging--the mother cannot distinguish herself from her child. To avoid the perceived loss of self, the mother may attempt suicide or, more frequently, attempt infanticide--"suicide by proxy".
Beyond that, the Medea complex is an extreme form of parental alienation syndrome / hostile aggressive parenting--vengeance toward the father via the child.
The allopathic treatment approach is anti-depressants and talk therapy or anti-psychotics and hospitalization.

There is definitely physical and physiological swing that occurs after birth that can trigger existing disorders like OCD, bipolar, etc. Estrogen and progesterone drop dramatically, hypothyroid could be associated, the conditioning -especially within western cultures- of a romanticized story of motherhood is dispelled by actual experience that proves unglamorous and painful. But infanticide can be found in other cultures, through time, and in other species. It seems like a "perfect storm" but what I really want to understand, on a deeper level, is how can the maternal instinct (which for some burns clear and bright, immediately) become so co-opted that the Death Mother emerges?  How and WHY does consciousness snap in this way? And I am having a hard time with the notion that it is a natural culling process.

(I have been doing my best to support someone going through this, for the last three months, and I would be so grateful for any insight you can provide.)

God bless,
Katherine
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #164 on: Mar 17, 2014, 07:54 AM »

Hi Katherine,

First, welcome back ! I noticed you joined Ari's new thread for EA beginners. Good for you.

I have had a fair amount of cases dealing with this. The one common denominator that I have found is one wherein such Souls have this extreme form of feeling 'entrapped' because of the birth of a baby. For those of us who have raised kids/ babies we know the total commitment in time/ space that this requires. For these women who do this the entrapment fear is triggered almost immediately because of the natural demands of the newborn.

Of course the radical shift in all the various hormones that takes place within the women's body/ brain after birth, which occurs to all women, can then manifest in these women to intensify/ magnify an INTRINSIC fear of entrapment within them. In other words, this fear of entrapment relative to commitments would pre-exist  within these women's Souls due to prior life circumstances that come forwards into the current life, and/ or pre-exist BEFORE the birth of the baby that has been caused in the context of the current life.

Archetypically, the fear of entrapment correlates with Scorpio, the 8th House, and Pluto. Mothering of course correlates with Cancer, Scorpio, and the 8th house. Children as an archetype correlates with the 5th House, Leo, and the Sun. This is naturally square the 8th House, etc. Thus, for some Soul's this natural square triggers this entrapment fear wherein the women feels she will have no life of her own, her own specific purpose, other than the commitment to the child, and it's needs.

And given that the natural polarity for Cancer, the Moon, and the 4th House is Capricorn, the 10th House, and Saturn this specifically correlates with the post par-tum depression that almost all mothers experience to some degree. When combined with the entrapment fear this then correlates to feeling that their only 'role' in life is to raise the kid(s). Thus, the feeling of being 'blocked' from doing anything other than this mothering/ parenting role. 

This is not to say that this is the total answer to all this. It is the one common denominator that I have found.  

God Bless, Rad
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2014, 09:54 AM by Rad » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: