School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Medical Astrology

Started by Rad, Jun 14, 2013, 10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad

Hi Skywalker,

Orgasms correlate with Pluto in general. Then from that baseline you can correlate additionally to 'types' of orgasms. For example, orgasms that take place at night, during sleep, would be Neptune/Pluto. Tantric sex correlates to the principle of evolution which is specific to Pluto yet would also be linked to Neptune because of the root dynamic in this being using sex as a vehicle to unite with the Source. Orgasms that occur strictly for procreational purposes would be a link with Pluto and Venus. And so on.

God Bless, Rad

Skywalker

Hi Rad,

First, welcome back, I´m glad t know your health is better, let´s hope it stays good.

Second, I´d like to ask if you recommend any natural herbs or remedies for PTSD and anxiety, something that can help one look at the causes of the traumas from a relaxed and thus more detached place. I was thinking something like Valerian root?

All the best,

Skywalker
www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more

Rad

Hi Skywalker

That is a good choice as well as marijuana, an American Indian herb called Damiana which has some thc in it, complex B with anti-stress additives, magnesium, and affective meditation and yoga.

God Bless, Rad

Katherine

Hi Rad,
Thanks for your list. Do you know of any breathing techniques to induce meditation or regression?
And Skywalker,
I really appreciate the wording or your question, if there are
Quote from: Skywalker on Nov 07, 2014, 06:57 AM
any natural herbs or remedies for PTSD and anxiety, something that can help one look at the causes of the traumas from a relaxed and thus more detached place. I was thinking something like Valerian root?

In reference to marijuana, Rad posted something a while back: http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php?topic=268.msg15626;topicseen#msg15626
So, I thought you both might be interested in the recent research on the effects of non-psychoactive Cannabidiol aka CBD vs. psychoactive Tetrahydrocannabinol aka THC.
Briefly, THC has been shown to have negative i.e. aggravating effects for those living with autism, schizophrenia, bi-polar and other mood imbalances. Recently, CBD has been indicated for those disorders specifically, plus epilepsy, anxiety and stress, and has a universal effect i.e. across all ages and study groups to have a calming and relaxing effect on the mind-body. So, it seems currently, that for those who don't have 'issues' THC offers all its beneficial qualities (and good times) but for those who do, it makes their experiences worse.  For CBD, it seems to accommodate all and is alleviating to those with neurological conditions.

But, I guess my questions regard the emotional body? Does CBD actually help PTSD move toward cohesion and integration, or is it numbing and a furtherance of disassociation? What would be the most effective means of administration: before, during, or after therapy?
(Everybody in the pool!)

Here are some links:
http://www.truthonpot.com/2014/09/24/5-differences-between-cbd-vs-thc/
http://bipolarnews.org/?tag=cbd
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=cannabidiol+psychosis
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24854329
http://www.plosone.org/search/simple?searchName=&weekly=&monthly=&startPage=0&pageSize=15&filterKeyword=&resultView=&query=cannabidiol&x=0&y=0&sort=Relevance&filterStartDate=&filterEndDate=&filterJournals=PLoSONE

God bless,

Katherine

Skywalker

Hi Katherine,

I was asking about herbs that are natural, easy to find and legal. For those that are in a place where Cannabis is legal or de-criminalized, it can be a way to go.

I would say that in order to keep things simple, if someone were to be using Medical MJ to help with these issues, that they should probably try various different plants/strains and see which one is better for their specific needs. Also remembering that each plant is a specific "individual" in its own right and that each one will have its own character and unique combination of compounds. Therefore the phenotype is also as important when looking for what a person may need.

Cannabis/Marijuana in my understanding, has many different compounds that can alter and modulate its effects besides THC or CBD.

Relative to how to administer, I think it will depend on each unique case as some people may use it as a mood stabilizer on a constant basis, while others in more of a specific way, due to specific causes such as insomnia, apetite stimulant, muscle relaxation, depression and so on, the list is quite extensive for what this plant can help with.

Relative to the whole THC and paranoia or schizophrenia, I think that Cannabis is also a mild psychedelic and probably due to the THC content or the ratio in which THC is in relation to other compounds, can amplify these latent issues which are already within an individual, just like a psychedelic can do.

"But, I guess my questions regard the emotional body? Does CBD actually help PTSD move toward cohesion and integration, or is it numbing and a furtherance of disassociation? What would be the most effective means of administration: before, during, or after therapy?"

To answer your question, again, I think it would need to be decided on a case by case basis. The main idea would be to reach a state of inner comfort and peace, in order to look objectively at the issues which caused the trauma in the first place and to reach a point in which the person is O.K. with whatever happened, to process. Sometimes just being able to relax and be in a peaceful state can be healing as PTSD and anxiety can keep a person in a constant state of stress which does not allow for the healing to take place. I don´t think if used correctly, with the desire to heal, that one would disassociate so easily.

Below is a chart with some of the compounds within the Cannabis plant and their uses.

All the best

Katherine

Hi Skywalker,

Quote from: Skywalker on Nov 21, 2014, 05:53 AMI was asking about herbs that are natural, easy to find and legal. For those that are in a place where Cannabis is legal or de-criminalized, it can be a way to go.

Yep, in the US CBD oils (from industrial hemp) are legal in places where marijuana and all forms of THC are illegal.

Quote from: Skywalker on Nov 21, 2014, 05:53 AMI would say that in order to keep things simple, if someone were to be using Medical MJ to help with these issues, that they should probably try various different plants/strains and see which one is better for their specific needs. Also remembering that each plant is a specific "individual" in its own right and that each one will have its own character and unique combination of compounds. Therefore the phenotype is also as important when looking for what a person may need.
Cannabis/Marijuana in my understanding, has many different compounds that can alter and modulate its effects besides THC or CBD.
Relative to how to administer, I think it will depend on each unique case as some people may use it as a mood stabilizer on a constant basis, while others in more of a specific way, due to specific causes such as insomnia, apetite stimulant, muscle relaxation, depression and so on, the list is quite extensive for what this plant can help with.

Yep, cannabinoids number into the high eighties. And of course, selection is a personal and an experience-based process, relative to individual needs. Homework for each individual; off the MB...

Quote from: Skywalker on Nov 21, 2014, 05:53 AMRelative to the whole THC and paranoia or schizophrenia, I think that Cannabis is also a mild psychedelic and probably due to the THC content or the ratio in which THC is in relation to other compounds, can amplify these latent issues which are already within an individual, just like a psychedelic can do.

Yep, THC is psychoactive and also a hallucinogen. It will interfere with consciousness i.e. mental capacities, feelings and emotional well being, for those susceptible. Which is why I posted those links. Also, it just occurred to me that I did not mention or post anything about the Autism spectrum, but I do know that it is being called into question re: the efficacy of THC.

Quote from: Skywalker on Nov 21, 2014, 05:53 AM
Quote"But, I guess my questions regard the emotional body? Does CBD actually help PTSD move toward cohesion and integration, or is it numbing and a furtherance of disassociation? What would be the most effective means of administration: before, during, or after therapy?"

To answer your question, again, I think it would need to be decided on a case by case basis. The main idea would be to reach a state of inner comfort and peace, in order to look objectively at the issues which caused the trauma in the first place and to reach a point in which the person is O.K. with whatever happened, to process. Sometimes just being able to relax and be in a peaceful state can be healing as PTSD and anxiety can keep a person in a constant state of stress which does not allow for the healing to take place. I don´t think if used correctly, with the desire to heal, that one would disassociate so easily.

My bad for posting a rhetorical question.  Full stop.
Speculation is just speculation.

Quote from: Skywalker on Nov 21, 2014, 05:53 AMBelow is a chart with some of the compounds within the Cannabis plant and their uses.

I love charts. I want everything to be in a chart. (e.g. Geneaology of the characters in the Mahābhārata? Very useful.) But the problem with charts is that they are images built in fancy programs that don't get updated and just drift around the internet forever. I appreciated that you posted it, but it shows THC indicated for Bipolar and Depression. That's is not what recent research suggests.  My whole intention of my last post on this thread is to clarify that marijuana and its various constituents can be helpful with PTSD and Anxiety, but maybe, we might want to be conscious of what issues may or may not be present, before choosing a treatment path.  Being that it is the "Medical Thread" just thought we could be as accurate as possible for those who will read here now, and in the future.
I'll close with a quote I really like that feels relevant here:

"Listen to me, your body is not a temple. Temples can be destroyed and desecrated. Your body is a forest - thick canopies of maple trees and sweet scented wildflowers sprouting in the underwood. You will grow back, over and over, no matter how badly you are devastated."  -  Beau Taplin

God bless,

Katherine

P.S.  Thank you for stepping up as a moderator. <3

Skywalker

Thank you for your kind words Katherine.

All the best

Help

Hi RAd

I love reading your forum . But i am in a middle of medical crisis at the moment. I was Diagnosed with hypothyroid 15 years ago and diabtes type 1-> 2 years ago. And now 2 days ago i have been diagnoses with addisons disease(adrenal insuffiencny)

I though of grtting in touch with you becuase you appear to be smarter and professional medical astrologer / researcher. Please help me by providing some remedies or any sort of physic help/suggestions whatsoever it takes . Please

Date of birth : 23rd july 1985
Time : 10:12 Am or 10:08 am (houses are diffrent in 4 minutes so i dont know whats real birth time)
Place : ahmedabad , gujarat, india

Thanks very much in advance.

Rad

Help,

This message board has a variety of rules that are spelled out on the first page where it says 'if this is your first visit to the message board'. On of those rules is this: 3) Policy on personal chart interpretation and analysis:

The message board is here to teach the principles of EA through example.   What is posted here is meant to be of general interest to all of our readers.   Individual analysis of your chart from a personal point of view is of interest mainly to you and not to most other readers.  Thus posting personal charts and asking for analysis or feedback on your chart is not appropriate here.  Asking questions about or posting your chart as an example of EA principles that will be of interest to many readers is acceptable. 
   At times there can be a fine line between what is of personal interest and what is of general interest.  Our moderators reserve the right to remove or to request that you remove any material posted they feel is personal chart interpretation.
  We have a number of qualified Evolutionary Astrologers associated with our school and this message board.  A more appropriate place for personal chart interpretation questions is a private reading with one of them.

God Bless, Rad

Help

Hi rad

I appreciate you taking time and getting back . Just need one help . Can you suggest someone you know off that i can message privately . Im cool with some one who eould charge me for this as its matter of my life

Thanks
Pareen

Rad

Hi Pareen,

I would suggest you contact an astrologer in the USA named Eileen Nauman who is one of the best medical astrologers in the world. She has written several books on medical astrology that you can find on amazon.com. I have no idea how to contact her though. I am sure if you dig around you can find out how to do so.

God Bless, Rad

Help

Millions of thanks rad. Good luck mate

Upasika

Hi Rad

Just confirming that Pisces and Neptune rule the immune system - is that correct?

And if it is wondering why that is?

thanks Upasika

Rad

Hi Upasika,

Yes, that is correct. All correlations in Astrology, like Neptune,  Pisces, and the 12th House correlating with the immune system, are based on human observations and correlations over a length of time. Remember too that about 80% of the immune system is rooted in the colon and intestine which correlates to Pluto, Scorpio, and the 8tb House. This is part of the natural 'defense system' of the Soul in a human body in  order to survive: 2nd House, Taurus, and Venus. The higher octave of Venus in Neptune as you know.

God Bless, Rad

Upasika

Hi Rad,

I had no doubt there'd be reasons based on correlation. I love medical astrology but don't know much about it at all, anatomy and physiology are such a vast field of study in their own right and there is only so much time available these days in our crazy world.

QuoteRemember too that about 80% of the immune system is rooted in the colon and intestine which correlates to Pluto, Scorpio, and the 8th House

..this natural defense system being a lower octave of Neptune ...how the various aspects of the body and its functioning are also all so integrated with the astrological symbolism is amazing !

thanks Upasika