School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Male Courting vs. Female Courting and Patriarchal/Matriarchal times

Started by Mr. B, Jul 02, 2013, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. B

Hi,

At the request of Kristin, I am here to pose this question and also to see if I can learn some and share some with you all. So, hello astrologers and students of EA!  :)

For those who have knowledge of the Matriarchy, perhaps you can tell me if the idea of strictly male courting is the result of Patriarchal programming. For instance, women are taught that the man must approach them in regards to initiating relationships. Most women I know (oh, 99%) will absolutely refuse to approach men and they think the male must approach them if a relationship is to be had. They would rather be lonely than break this societal rule.

Am I correct in thinking that this belief is the result of Patriarchal programming or do men need to stop being chickens in regards to approaching women?

Mr. B

Linda

Interesting question Mr B.!

Before your question is answered, I would like to comment that I courted ALL partners in all 5 main relationships throughout my life, and I am very much a (self-determined) female!

Love,

Linda

Mr. B

Thank you for the response Linda.

I have encountered females like that also. I am actually talking about more specifically the first move, like approaching strangers you find attractive. Women will almost never do that, although they'll certainly push for the relationship after they've already met the person, as you have demonstrated. But I am talking mainly about making that first move with a stranger.

Rad

Quote from: Mr. B on Jul 02, 2013, 07:28 PM
Hi,

At the request of Kristin, I am here to pose this question and also to see if I can learn some and share some with you all. So, hello astrologers and students of EA!  :)

For those who have knowledge of the Matriarchy, perhaps you can tell me if the idea of strictly male courting is the result of Patriarchal programming. For instance, women are taught that the man must approach them in regards to initiating relationships. Most women I know (oh, 99%) will absolutely refuse to approach men and they think the male must approach them if a relationship is to be had. They would rather be lonely than break this societal rule.

Am I correct in thinking that this belief is the result of Patriarchal programming or do men need to stop being chickens in regards to approaching women?

Mr. B

Mr B,

First welcome to our message board. It is a result of patriarchal conditioning. JWG wrote an entire book on relationships: Pluto 2. In the Pluto in Sagittarius section there is quite a bit about the nature of the patriarchy/ matriarchy in terms of what is natural, and what is not.

God Bless, Rad

Linda

Quote from: Mr. B on Jul 03, 2013, 07:55 AM

I have encountered females like that also. I am actually talking about more specifically the first move, like approaching strangers you find attractive. Women will almost never do that, although they'll certainly push for the relationship after they've already met the person, as you have demonstrated. But I am talking mainly about making that first move with a stranger.

Hi Mr B.,

I also am talking about that first move with a stranger.  As a woman, I have made the "first move" too - and found it quite exhilarating!  I think it would depend upon each individual's chart too as regards their courting/first move behaviour.  For me, there are several "male energy" signatures, ie yang planets/houses/aspects in my total sexuality/love nature which correlate to that outgoing energy to pursue or meet an attraction or desire.  One would have to start with the Pluto paradigm of course, but with my Saturn in Sagittarius I guess I stand very firmly against patriarchal distortion and wholeheartedly embrace "honesty" and natural expression in that respect.  How I would act upon instinctive attractions would correlate to my Mars in Aries where I don't think about or analyze an attraction:  just go for it!  All these desires are coming from the Soul anyway.  My skipped steps and the resolution node being in the 7th house has taught me to focus upon equality in relationships above all else.  I would also look at Asteroid Lilith (1181) in the chart as a way to gauge one's natural self, sexual freedom, expression of passion and assertion of one's own truth.

Love,

Linda

Mr. B

Quote from: Rad on Jul 03, 2013, 12:21 PM
Quote from: Mr. B on Jul 02, 2013, 07:28 PM
Hi,

At the request of Kristin, I am here to pose this question and also to see if I can learn some and share some with you all. So, hello astrologers and students of EA!  :)

Mr. B

Mr B,

First welcome to our message board. It is a result of patriarchal conditioning. JWG wrote an entire book on relationships: Pluto 2. In the Pluto in Sagittarius section there is quite a bit about the nature of the patriarchy/ matriarchy in terms of what is natural, and what is not.

God Bless, Rad

Hi Rad,

Thanks for the welcome. I have read Pluto 2. It does have a lot of information in that section, but not specifically about this subject. I just think it's strange that when a women is attracted to a man that she cannot (or won't) approach him because of what society says.

Mr. B  

Mr. B

Quote from: Linda on Jul 03, 2013, 05:40 PM
Quote from: Mr. B on Jul 03, 2013, 07:55 AM

Hi Mr B.,

I also am talking about that first move with a stranger.  As a woman, I have made the "first move" too - and found it quite exhilarating!  I think it would depend upon each individual's chart too as regards their courting/first move behaviour.  For me, there are several "male energy" signatures, ie yang planets/houses/aspects in my total sexuality/love nature which correlate to that outgoing energy to pursue or meet an attraction or desire.  One would have to start with the Pluto paradigm of course, but with my Saturn in Sagittarius I guess I stand very firmly against patriarchal distortion and wholeheartedly embrace "honesty" and natural expression in that respect.  How I would act upon instinctive attractions would correlate to my Mars in Aries where I don't think about or analyze an attraction:  just go for it!  All these desires are coming from the Soul anyway.  My skipped steps and the resolution node being in the 7th house has taught me to focus upon equality in relationships above all else.  I would also look at Asteroid Lilith (1181) in the chart as a way to gauge one's natural self, sexual freedom, expression of passion and assertion of one's own truth.

Love,

Linda

Hi Linda,

If only there were more women like you!  ;D Btw, I have Lilith in Aries so there's the connection with you and your own Mars in Aries. Amazing how that works.

Mr. B

Linda