Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sharing a memory  (Read 894 times)
Stacie

« on: Jul 26, 2013, 11:16 pm »

In the spirit of the plutonian magnetism that many of us have felt upon discovering EA, I wanted to share a memory that I've never really shared, but always wanted to. This was several years ago..I had recently discovered and purchased both of the pluto books, and I was utterly engulfed in the depth of truth I was reading. I saw an address in one of the books that one could write to if there was a desire to enroll in the school and/or inquire about a reading.  I was all over it. Drafted my letter, folded it up real nice, reached for a stamp and found just one, but its adhesive had worn off. I was determined to send that letter right away, so I got out the superglue and squeezed to apply.  The glue ended up shooting directly in my eye. Fortunately I had the good instinct to keep the eye closed, and 30 minutes later I was being driven to the ER to rescue my eye. Once at the hospital, I remember laying on the exam table waiting to be seen, reading the pluto book that I had brought along with my one good, non-glued eye.  Grin   I love that memory because it demonstrated in such a perfect and comical way, how strong my desire was to absorb all that I could come hell or high water.  Hope it's ok to share that.  

Love ya, my friends.

Stacie
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2013, 11:23 pm by Stacie » Logged
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2013, 06:01 am »

Hi Stacie,

Thanks for sharing your story of one eyed determination to become ever more involved in EA. That is one heck of a story Stacie. And I can say from my interactions with you on this mb that you capacity to understand and apply EA is simply excellent.

God Bless, Rad
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27, 2013, 03:22 pm »

Lovely reading you on this message board Stacie at any and every time.  Kiss

Love,

Linda
Upasika
Very Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30, 2013, 12:33 am »

Hi Stacie,

That's real hard-core determination! and it was obviously worth it. Like Rad & Linda I always appreciate and enjoy your posts too.

Upasika
liampc

« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2013, 12:10 am »

Thanks For sharing Stacie! That reminds me of how I came to find the first book:

I had just taken Antero Alli's course Astrologik and was insane for astrology, I just couldn't get enough. In Antero's book he has a list of his favorite astrology books and Jeff Green's are among them. I can't remember exactly what triggered this but right before Thanksgiving that year I HAD to get that book!!! Amazon wasn't good enough--I'd have to wait too long and I had to get it my hands immediately. I was obsessed (which makes a lot of sense in retrospect).

Adding to the fury of the situation was that my wife and I were going to the mountains for a Thanksgiving feast that couldn't be beat at the Sierra Hot Springs. Truth be told, that's why I had to have the book so bad at that moment--I wanted to read it at the resort.

I went to every bookstore in San Francisco, metaphysical or regular physical, and no Pluto: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul Volume 1. I made my wife stop at nearly every town along the way that I suspected maybe, might, could just have a bookstore that would have it...all the way to Trukee, the last "big" town before the resort. No luck  Cry

We got to the springs, went to our room, unpacked and decided to go down and warm ourselves by the fire. We laid down on the couch in the rustic living room and all felt peaceful, warm, and wonderful--see, I didn't need that book, I got my sweetheart and life is good.

I looked at a man rocking in a rocking chair next to us and he seemed as content as I. He was reading a book and as I am wont to do I spied at the cover to see what he was reading--I nearly choked--my palms got sweaty--I stopped breathing a little--I was shaking--you know what it was.

Pluto: The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul Volume 1

...and so it began.

I can't help but feel a special bond with the book after that. I know you know what I mean. Thanks for stirring up that memory.

Peace
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #5 on: Aug 04, 2013, 12:55 am »

Good story! Made me laugh.  Cheesy
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 04, 2013, 09:23 am »

Wow! Thank you both for sharing your stories!
Stacie

« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2013, 08:57 pm »

Liampc, thanks for sharing your story too. Neat little validation the unseen hand orchestrated on your behalf  Smiley

Thanks everyone,

Stacie
Parumi47

« Reply #8 on: Sep 23, 2013, 03:59 am »

I think it's great.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: