School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Skipped steps: Nodes square a planet

Started by Linda, Sep 30, 2009, 10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

Skipped steps Nodes square a planet

Deva said:
QuoteIn terms of skipped steps, yes they must be actively resolved in order for the actualization of Pluto's polarity point and the North Node to manifest. However, we must also look at the "resolution node" or the node which last formed a conjunction with the planet(s) square the nodal axis in order to fully understand how this resolution will take place (for example, if Saturn/Uranus last formed a conjunction with the South Node, then the South Node (with the planetary ruler facillitating this process) will become the bottom line, or foundation, upon which the skipped steps will be resolved and Pluto's polarity point and the North node can be actualized.

Hi,

I'm sending a chart to make sure I'm doing this correctly.  The Node that last formed a conjunction with Venus was the North Node.  (The natural movement of the nodes is like a retrograde motion.)  I'm looking at the ephemeris, and I'm going backward from the date of birth (2 May 1951) until I reach 16th February 1951 where Venus is 19 deg Pisces, and the North Node is also 19 deg Pisces.  Is this correct?

Much appreciated!

[Edit:  By clicking once on the small chart below, it should magnify.]

Linda

Hello again,

This is the way I understand how to determine the resolution of the missed steps:

You take the nodal axis and move it around in an anti-clockwise direction, and according to the chart posted above, the North Node made the last conjunction to Venus.

So, this means that the resolution to her Nodes/Venus square is found in her 2nd house, and this is facilitated by Neptune in Libra in the 9th.

The missed steps must be actively resolved in order for the actualization of Pluto's polarity point and the North Node to manifest.

So, the resolution of the missed steps comes about via 2nd house issues;  facilitated by her 9th house Neptunian belief systems, and the condition of Neptune in the chart.  She is now free to develop her Pluto polarity soul intention for this lifetime, the development of her full individuality (1st).

And I also understand that Neptune, the ruler of the North Node, trines Venus, and this allows for a certain amount of ease in the resolution.

In your opinion what are the resolutions to the missed steps in this chart?

A final question, is there value in going back prior to her birth chart to the time when Venus and the North Node last conjuncted?

Many thanks,
Linda

Steve

re:  Determining which node is the resolution node.

This came up repeatedly on the old message board and was one of the most confusing topics.  Mark Jones, an EA council member from England, came up with a simple method to determine the resolution node that doesn't involve figuring out which node last conjuncted the planet in question, a calculation many people find difficult to make.

Picture yourself standing on the outer edge of the chart wheel, facing the center, standing on the planet that is the skipped step.  Point to the left - the node to the left of the planet is the resolution node. 

It is good to know 'why' the node at the left is the resolution node, conjunction and all, but this method of calculating it creates the same result and requires minimal thinking.

Rad

Hi Linda,

Quote from: Linda on Oct 01, 2009, 01:57 AM
Hello again,

This is the way I understand how to determine the resolution of the missed steps:

You take the nodal axis and move it around in an anti-clockwise direction, and according to the chart posted above, the North Node made the last conjunction to Venus.

So, this means that the resolution to her Nodes/Venus square is found in her 2nd house, and this is facilitated by Neptune in Libra in the 9th.

Yes

The missed steps must be actively resolved in order for the actualization of Pluto's polarity point and the North Node to manifest.

The polarity point is in operation whether the person resolves the skipped steps or not. The issue is how it's in operation which means that this point will be used by the Soul as a vehicle to keep flip flopping back and forth between the Nodes, the skipped steps, until those skipped steps are recovered. Then the polarity point operates in a single minded focus versus the flip flopping.

So, the resolution of the missed steps comes about via 2nd house issues;  facilitated by her 9th house Neptunian belief systems, and the condition of Neptune in the chart.  She is now free to develop her Pluto polarity soul intention for this lifetime, the development of her full individuality (1st).

And I also understand that Neptune, the ruler of the North Node, trines Venus, and this allows for a certain amount of ease in the resolution.

It can be that way but it is also just as possible that there is an 'ease' in avoiding those skipped steps by creating rationalizations not to do so which all sound good, but are, in affect, excuses that sound good.

In your opinion what are the resolutions to the missed steps in this chart?

I can't see this chart. It's to small. You either need to post the data or post a chart in a normal way as specified on the first page of how to do that.

A final question, is there value in going back prior to her birth chart to the time when Venus and the North Node last conjuncted?

no.

Many thanks,
Linda

Rad

Linda

Steve:

So I'm standing on Venus on the outer wheel of the chart - and I point to the left - and that is the resolution Node.  Could it really be that easy!?  Thank you.

Rad:

Many thanks for elucidating the resolution to the missed steps.

When speaking to this woman about her missed steps, she advised that she had a relationship with a man with many Virgo planets situated around her South Node 8th and her Saturn 9th.  This man's Venus had conjuncted her South Node exactly at 17 degrees.

The 4-year relationship was very important to her at the time;  she said he had taught her how to love.  He had been of great service to her in many ways, but there had been a difficult issue around his resources, how much he would provide her, and his reluctance to do so.  She felt those issues were resolved and eventually they separated.  The issue of the partner's resources had been a recurring theme in other relationships.

She also speaks about her spiritual beliefs providing her with strength and faith (NN ruler Neptune in Libra 9th).  These days she is studying floristry and is happy being self-reliant.  

Another interesting fact about this woman is that she has 6 daughters (not all the same father):  5th house Venus, resolution Node 2nd!

Is it safe to say that the missed steps could have been resolved via love relationship(s), since Venus 5th is the planet squaring the Nodes?  Or perhaps, to be more accurate, the missed steps were resolved via the North Node, with ruler Neptune in Libra 9th spiritual beliefs facilitating self-reliance and self-esteem?

We've determined that the resolution node is the North Node, but what role does the South Node play?  I thought it was obvious that the relationship (mentioned above) was brought in from the karmic past since his Venus exactly fell on her South Node.  

Perhaps that relationship helped her resolve the missed steps (to see herself as her own symbol of transformation, to become self-reliant, and these resolutions facilitated by the gaining of strength and faith from her spiritual belief system, and lessons of equality and ethics in relationship).  What do you think please?

Rad said:  
QuoteI can't see this chart. It's too small. You either need to post the data or post a chart in a normal way as specified on the first page of how to do that.

By clicking once on the small chart, it magnifies to a larger chart.  Could you please confirm that you are able to do this?  If not, I will send the chart in the other way specified.

Thank you, Rad and Steve;  it is great receiving clear instructions on this topic.

Rad

Linda,
The core of her skipped steps started with her Soul, for many recent lifetimes, feeling this great inner emptiness, an existential void, a deep lack within herself and, within that, a core feeling of not being adequate enough to do anything of real value or meaning because of a compulsion to analyze all of her own imperfections leading to the feeling of never feeling ready to do anything. As a result of this, she attempted to fill herself up with all kinds of distractions and men whom she expected to fill in all the 'blanks', so to speak, including providing resources for her to sustain herself, or be sustained. Within this, because of her own self-critical ego she expected these men to always treat her as some kind of queen, to be the very center to their universe. She typically used sex in those lives to get what she wanted from these men, and men used her sexually to get what they wanted. Double agendas abounded by both as a result which then lead to her being abandoned/ used / betrayed by others, as she also did to them. This of course has created a karmic need to repeat such relationships in this life in order to culminate them: to bring this pathology to closure once and for all. Even the children that she has, by different partners, are children/ Souls that she has had before in recent lifetimes.
With the N.Node being in the 2nd, ruled by that Neptune in the 9th, the resolution is self-reliance of course and using her own Soul/ vehicle as her source of evolution in combination with an active relationship with the inner Godhead: to develop this relationship within herself. To learn how to make a living through her own resources. To become self-sustaining, and, in the last analysis, of learning how to be in relationships in a totally different way: where both partners haver arrived at their own self-reliance, who both have an active inner relationship with the inner Godhead, and who, as a result, are together simply because they want to be, not because they need to be. Where love becomes unconditional, not conditional because of 'needs' being externalized and projected upon one another. When this is accomplished not only is the evolutionary intent realized, but the skipped steps are resolved.

Rad

Linda

Rad:

What you supplied above is great, having provided an even deeper analysis.

I will pass this on to her.

I have learned a lot from this topic.

Thank you!

Linda

Hi Rad,

I am passing on some feedback:

Rad said:  Double agendas abounded by both as a result which then lead to her being abandoned/ used / betrayed by others, as she also did to them. This of course has created a karmic need to repeat such relationships in this life in order to culminate them: to bring this pathology to closure once and for all. Even the children that she has, by different partners, are children/ Souls that she has had before in recent lifetimes. 

Feedback:  I must have had a very dramatic, intense time in past lives and I can understand and relate to all of this. I am sure that this relationship with so many obvious points was the karmic one to help me understand about myself and my values....all on my own. Even though it was sad and the loss for me was like a death....I think that I have much to be thankful for.  I forgot to mention that his Saturn also conjuncts my Uranus in Cancer very closely, so that is something more to add. I read somewhere the effect on him would be to feel like he was at a crossroads and would be tempted to move with me, but would cling to the past and stay there. We talked easily and deeply about our spiritual beliefs and he often told me that he was envious of my faith which in his opinion gave me peace of mind. He is completely different to me and focuses on money and the stock market as a priority above everything.

Rad said:  With the N.Node being in the 2nd, ruled by that Neptune in the 9th, the resolution is self-reliance of course and using her own Soul/ vehicle as her source of evolution in combination with an active relationship with the inner Godhead: to develop this relationship within herself. To learn how to make a living through her own resources.

Feedback:  I am working on this now in many ways but it has taken me all of these years to get here. The children's father (Virgo) does provide financial support for the family and without that I would be struggling financially, he is fulfilling the 8th house Node for me in this way even now. I am thankful for this but at the same time.....he hasnt spoken to me for almost 13 years, not more than a gruff 'Hello'. I am not providing for myself completely at the moment so it appears I have more to do, or maybe this is just the way it happens in this lifetime.

Rad said:  To become self-sustaining, and, in the last analysis, of learning how to be in relationships in a totally different way: where both partners have arrived at their own self-reliance, who both have an active inner relationship with the inner Godhead, and who, as a result, are together simply because they want to be, not because they need to be.

Feedback:  I think this is promising! and now after I have been doing a lot of work on me and understanding things I wish I had known years ago.

Rad said:   Where love becomes unconditional, not conditional because of 'needs' being externalized and projected upon one another. When this is accomplished not only is the evolutionary intent realized, but the skipped steps are resolved.

Feedback:  I am hoping that maybe somewhere in the future I could experience unconditional love which is like this and have it returned to me as well. I like the part where he mentions 'an active relationship with the inner Godhead' and I wonder what that is?  Is it faith or a spiritual peace of mind. Perhaps something that comes from maturity, forgiveness of self and others and confidence. There is no guarantee with this Linda and I am being realistic now.

In my marriage to the children's father it is possible that the children were a joint resource that was an issue.

I have 5 daughters and one son and they are all with the same father....he is also a Virgo:( so it seems that there really is a huge connection for me with the Nodes in the 2nd/8th in Pisces/Virgo. Perhaps he saw me using him
to have resources which were the children......I think he may have said this to me on occasion. I just thought of that and at the time I had no idea of the way someone else would view me, or the reason for that.

Rad, I'm not sure what her evolutionary condition is.  Her religion is Catholic, but she also has a strong interest in astrology.  I have not met her, but from what she writes she seems very open minded.

Ooops, I made a mistake earlier, all 5 daughters (and one son) have the same Virgo father. 

Thanks again for explaining Venus square the Nodes.

Linda