School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Neptune Pluto Cycles in relationship to Procession of the Equinoxes

Started by Bradley J, Sep 29, 2009, 06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradley J

I realize this is a much bigger type of question. 
First, specifically, what do we know about the neptune pluto cycles thru the eyes of EA?
I've been always fascinated that the conjunctions of these two move about 5 degrees forward each 500 years(about).
So, in the recent past we see:
-83(or 83 b.c.) first of series of neptune pluto conjunctions @ 17 degrees taurus
411/412 conjunctions @ 23 degrees taurus
905 conjunction @ 28 taurus 29
1398/1399 FIRST conjunction in gemini @ 3 degrees
1891/1892  Second gemini conjunction @ 8 degrees.

So, we can see that we, relatively recent, had ended a 3000 year era of the neptune pluto conjunctions in taurus and at about the turn of the century we move into the neptune pluto conjunctions in gemini.
I've always noticed how interesting that Johannes Guttenburg was born right around the first gemini conjunction-the invention of moveable type and the printing press certainly transformed society-and the following ages of discovery, age of reason, the inquisition, and the increase of duality especially in christianity seems to coincide with this shift, among so many other shifts.
Following the second conjunction in gemini, we witness the generation that brought us radio, automobile, television, airplanes, and the atomic bomb, the discovery of pluto and much more.
Now we say we are in the information age, but has this just begun??
And in light of these neptune pluto cycles, I've strongly felt the masses are using the "age of Aquarius" to give meaning to cycles that are beyond their current knowledge base-a misplaced meaning.

And so, I'd love to hear all your thoughts on this and the larger shaping forces of the collective reality.
And also,.....
my other burning question is...if we take this neptune pluto cycle back far enough we see it would have started in taurus @ 1600 b.c.  This would mean that the neptune pluto cycle would have had it's 6 conjunctions in aries from 4600 b.c. to 1600 b.c. (approx.)  And so, we see that at some point we had the neptune pluto conjunctions align with the procession of the equinox in later aries, prior to the procession of the equinox arrival at 0 aries, when it aligned with the tropical western zodiac and popped into the consciousness of the students at that time.
So, the question is: What does this mean? That the neptune pluto conjunctions aligned with the rising degree of our vernal equinox?  And in late Aries?

I, personally, was considering this symbolic support for a real patriarchal society to become fully dominant.
What do we know about this?  I searched the board and archives and couldn't find this already.

Bradley J

That was "at the turn of the 15th century", relatively recent

Rad

Bradley,
These cycles always herald, as you have pointed out, major Evolutionary Gates that metamorphose the existing nature of reality. Always. Why not do a giant research study on this ? It could become that basis of incredible information and knowledge for people that you could write about in published form.

Rad

Bradley J

What a great idea, thanks Rad for the support and encouragement.
Yes, I'll have to continue with further research.
What first brought this to me was during a quarter of a class entitled "christian roots" and one of the faculty was an herbalist, so we studied 'medieval herbals'.  One of the first things taught was that up to the 15th century in these medieval herbals there was a focus on the roots of plants and a recopying of older texts, years after years.
At this turning point(15th century), suddenly we see the start of a shift in new discovery about plants, new sketches, and a shift in focus to the flower(from the root).
Anyway, that was what got the marble rolling around upstairs, coincided with checking out Michelsen's "Tables fo Planetary Phenomena"

adina

Bradley,

You might be interested in the work of Palden Jenkins, who has a huge web site: http://www.palden.co.uk/

Among other things, he's a practicing astrologer, and he wrote extensively on these major outer planet cycles, Neptune/Pluto AND others, and you could certainly do your own research on these and update where he left off, and, as Rad pointed out, relate them to Evolutionary Gates.

The section called "Historical Ephemeris from 600BC to 2200 AD" will give you hours... days.. of "entertainment" and information: http://www.isleofavalon.co.uk/ephem.html

Here's his brief description: "Astrological tables and historical timelines demonstrating the relationship
between world historical trends/events and planetary movements for the use of historians and astrologers
researched and compiled by Palden Jenkins"

And this: "Contrary to current historical ideology there indeed are identifiable cycles of change in history.There is a surprisingly clear relationship between slower planetary movements and historical events and trends.The deeper causative thoughts and beliefs of humanity often take time to manifest as events, yet their beginning-points are identifiable astrologically. Human free-will does affect the manner by which historical events and trends manifest and a study of astro-history shows the many ways this works.The events and changes of today, around Year 2000, actually have their roots in the 1890s.These are some of the many conclusions you're likely to come to after studying these tables."

I hope you enjoy his site as much as I have!

Blessings,
Adina

stephen

Hiya Adina!

And welcome back.  What a great resource you have provided with the work of Mr. Jenkins. 

Blessings,
Stephen