visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Pluto Generations

Started by cat777, Nov 03, 2013, 04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cat777

Hi Rad and Everyone,

I stumbled upon this article about PLuto generations earlier today:

http://www.in5d.com/which-pluto-generation-are-you.html

I posted it on Facebook for a few friends to see and asked what they all thought of it, with a " :) "

One of the responses was "I wonder what Rad would say about this article?"  I was asked to post it here on the mb in order to find out.  

So, Rad, if you have the time, can you share your thoughts?

Stacie posted a very well thought out reply which she agreed to let me post along with our request.  I will post that in a reply to this post once finished.  

We invite everyone here, in addition to Rad, to post your thoughts about the article.  

cat & friends

cat777

Stacie's Response:

I personally dont follow the author's logic for many of the statements made in this article. For one, I dont agree that humanity is anywhere NEAR the point of letting go of the concept of money. Even if a cataclysmic collapse of the financial system occurred, it doesnt mean that people will/would be ready to leave behind the concept of 'money' and the function it has served in driving and organizing a collective economy. Furthermore, the malfunctioning system that we have is something ALL generations have a role in manifesting/sustaining. This article seemed to suggest that the pluto in cancer generation is the core anchor for a failing socio-economic system, and that the subsequent generations of leo, virgo, libra, scorpio, sagg, and capricorn are all here to liberate humanity from what the pluto in cancer generation doesnt want to change. Resistance to change is present in ALL generations. It comes down to the actual choices individuals are making within each generation. I think its also important to note that one if the core evolutionary impulses within cancer is the impulse to CHANGE. There will be those who are resisting it, and there will be those cooperating with it. Those cooperating with it do not necessarily have other generations to thank for the result of their own efforts. Those people are examples to all of us in terms of the intense emotional changes that will be required to evolve an old system into something new, and I feel that point was missed. One other statement in the article that didnt land with me is that the pluto in sagg generation will be manifesting a generation of people with inteinsically balanced and integrated hemispheres of the brain. Some souls will be born with this condition, but in my opinion more will reflect a dominant right brain orientation that will be progressively integrated with the left brain over the course of life. That of course is one of the core evolutionary impulses of sagg: integratating the right and left brain. So this is a capapcity that will generally be achieved through effort and over the course of life.

cat777

and my response:

I especially enjoyed the author's take on Pluto in Virgo, as that is his Pluto sign. I have to wonder where his Neptune (delusion) is  Or maybe its just because it was written during Neptune in Pisces. I can post on the MB, but only if Stacie allows her excellent replay to go along for the ride  :-)

cat777

BTW - The chart he provides to show people which Pluto generation they belong to is inaccurate as it does not take retrogrades into account. If I didn't know better, this chart would peg me as a member of the Pluto in Leo generation.  I am actually Pluto in Virgo, zero Virgo to be precise.  That Virgo is showing, isn't it?   ;D

Stacie

I know the feeling Cat..I always feel like my virgo is showing  ;D

From the article:
Quote"The Pluto in Libra energy is centered around partnerships and relationships, and many of these children born into this generation experienced parental divorces.  The children are known as the Gen-X kids and unlike their parents who divorced during this time period, they are more likely to find balance within their relationships once they settle on finding a lifelong partner.  Many of these kids either excelled in the arts and music or have an affinity for either..."

I'm a member of the pluto in libra generation. After divorcing the person I had naively considered to be a 'life-long partner', I spent a relatively long period of time, 8 or 9 solid years, in just about total relationship isolation.  I found that both ends of the spectrum offered opportunities for balance or imbalance when you really get down to it.

Stacie

Rad

Hi Cat,

I found this article to be nothing more than simple minded chum reflecting the evolutionary / intellectual/ philosophical limitations of the author. It is an entirely worthless document that, sadly, illustrates so much of what is considered to be 'astrology'. It is nothing more than the typical person who get's involved in astrology by way of 'learning' through rote and memorization of  that which they have read that is nothing more than descriptions that have been passed along for generations. The author of that chum certainly illustrates this sad fact. Also, this chum is entirely focused on America, and to some limited extent, on the western world. Within all the generations of course stand millions upon millions of Souls that do not live in America, or the western world. American, in general, tend to think of themselves as the center of the world. And this author certainly reflects this disturbing fact.

God Bless, Rad

Linda

Hello Rad and everyone on this thread!

Thanks for starting this thread Cat.  As both you and I, Cat, have Saturn in Sagittarius, I am always asking "What IS the truth?" of anything.  And that can only come about through the emotions that then leads to self-inquiry.

The more I learn about EA the more I realize the natural truth of it!

Rad, it amazes me that SO much of the astrology on the internet (not EA) as well as ideas about spirituality is exactly how you described in your response:

".....It is nothing more than the typical person who gets involved in astrology by way of 'learning' through rote and memorization of that which they have read that is nothing more than descriptions that have been passed along for generations....."

Thank you for your WISDOM Rad.

Love,

Linda

Linda

Rad, I have a few questions:

1.  Regarding the way distorted statements are made and believed by individuals, is it true that one would have to "internally realize" the effect of distorted statements through the emotions first before any change comes, and not just through the "intellect?"  (ie a combination of "mutable" Gemini-Virgo-Sag-Pisces and "water" Cancer-Scorpio-Pisces)

2.  Regarding evolution through the emotions, and the internal realization of truth (personal truth, collective truth, universal truth), is this then naturally followed by an act of "will-power" or "discipline" in order to allow the truths or insights to remain and evolution to be maintained?

3.  Is there anything in EA that describes the fear a Soul may have of losing its understanding and internal realization of Natural Laws?

4.  Do we have a trinity or other astrological archetype associated with Will?  eg Mars - personal will;  Leo - will power;  Lilith trinity (octave transformer between Mars and Pluto) - power of the natural/authentic self;  Scorpio - Soul, power;  Pisces - Higher Will.

5.  People will believe just about anything.  How do we deal with a clash of beliefs?  Eg Person A's beliefs based on Natural Laws versus Person B's beliefs based on something else.  

The reason I ask these questions is because it is overwhelming the amount of "stuff" out there, and as you say Natural Laws are very simple.

This Mercury Rx and Solar Eclipse in Scorpio is certainly shedding light on nonsensical ideas that my Soul just does not want to drag into the new cycle!

Thank you so much Rad.

Love,

Linda

[Thanks Cat for starting this discussion, and stimulating the urge to delve deeper!]

cat777

Hi Linda,

I need to comment about question #1:

"1.  Regarding the way distorted statements are made and believed by individuals, is it true that one would have to "internally realize" the effect of distorted statements through the emotions first before any change comes, and not just through the "intellect?"  (ie a combination of "mutable" Gemini-Virgo-Sag-Pisces and "water" Cancer-Scorpio-Pisces)"

I am speaking about my own experience and no one else's, right?  Ok, I don't think this is true.  Some people do need to ""internally realize" the effect of distorted statements through the emotions first before any change comes..."  No argument there.  But some people are quite capable of doing so via the intellect.  I say this, because I feel that that is what I do.  I contemplate, reflect, meditate, read, ponder etc and it often leads to change.  Emotions don't usually don't come into play except as a last resort - that is why I was blessed with my PLuto square Moon and Saturn T-square (and skipped steps as it's also square my nodes) - because I need a huge hammer to make me feel  :-)  Also my PPP - here to learn to feel again as I have been to intellectual in the past (I was told by a competent EA astrologer)  :-) 

So, I think it all depends on the individual. But as far as distorted statements like you are referring to, I don't need my T-square to hammer me and make me "feel" in order to change. Well, ok, maybe in some cases, but in most it happens on the mental plane for me.

:-)

cat

cat777

Hi Linda,

And now a comment on #5

"5.  People will believe just about anything.  How do we deal with a clash of beliefs?  Eg Person A's beliefs based on Natural Laws versus Person B's beliefs based on something else. "

Diplomatically  :-)  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  I always try to listen to the other person's point of view and than state mine in a diplomatic manner that respects their point of view while hopefully planting a seed in their head  :-)  I try not to argue.  It helps if I remind myself that we are all at a different place on the path and if they aren't where I am, its for a reason, and if I am not where they are, it's for a reason.  There's no right or wrong, we each have to learn our own lessons in our own way.  If someone is not ready to acknowledge the existence of Natural Law, well, they will eventually, when they get to that point.

I had an example today that relates to this.  I used the word "psychic" and it apparently has a bad connotation to the person I was communicating with.  I rephrased it as "extremely intuitive" and all was good.  The problem was that person is terrified of dealing with "The occult."  To me, "occult" simply means "hidden" but to her it probably means satanism  :-)  It was easier to just re=phrase my question ("psychic" to "extremely intuitive") than get dragged into a religious debate in which neither of us would likely change our minds in regard to our beliefs  :-) 

cat

Linda

Quote from: cat777 on Nov 04, 2013, 07:24 PM
Some people do need to ""internally realize" the effect of distorted statements through the emotions first before any change comes..."  No argument there.  But some people are quite capable of doing so via the intellect.  I say this, because I feel that that is what I do. 

Hi Cat,

I also am capable of discernment of distorted statements through the intellect (Virgo), understanding of truth (Sag), sudden revelatory insight (Aquarius), etc.  

I just found this under 3rd sub-stage of the Spiritual State:

"Because the Soul is now consciously identified with the Source, the very nature of the Souls own vibration radiates in such a way that many others are drawn to it like a magnet. Many other Souls are drawn magnetically to these Souls, because they also reflect and radiate a fundamental wisdom of life, of a deep compassion at the "˜human condition'. This occurs because, after all, these Souls have traveled a very long evolutionary journey, which has taken them through almost every kind of life experience imaginable.

"Conversely, these Souls can also attract to themselves others who project onto them all manner of judgments, projection of motives, intentions, of "˜who they really are', and wholesale persecution. The reason this occurs is because the very nature of these Souls is fundamentally pure, and full of the inner Light of the Source. As a result, their own inner light has the effect of "˜exposing' the impurities in others, of the actual reality of others, versus the persona created by others; of others actual intentions and motives for anything. Accordingly, those who do this kind of projection and so on feel threatened by these types of Souls, for they know they themselves are fundamentally dishonest, and that they are invested in having others believe in the persona they are creating to hide their actual reality/agendas. Feeling threatened thus causes these types of people to manifest this type of behavior (projections) with these Souls."

Is there a deep innate ability to spot intellectual distortions via a Natural Law just like these very pure Souls?  Is there such a thing as natural intelligence associated with Natural Laws that can easily spot what is false?  Perhaps a Resolution Lilith in Sag, or something like that.  ;D

Take "language" for example.  It amazes me the actual QUANTITY of speech that is used, but very little truth about anything conveyed!  Where do all of those empty words go?  Into the unconscious.  And how do they come out?  Through the shadow.

We need more of Rad's insight and wisdom.

Love,

Linda

Linda

Quote from: cat777 on Nov 04, 2013, 07:39 PM
5.  People will believe just about anything.  How do we deal with a clash of beliefs?  Eg Person A's beliefs based on Natural Laws versus Person B's beliefs based on something else. "

Diplomatically  :-)  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  I always try to listen to the other person's point of view and than state mine in a diplomatic manner that respects their point of view while hopefully planting a seed in their head  :-)  I try not to argue.  It helps if I remind myself that we are all at a different place on the path and if they aren't where I am, its for a reason, and if I am not where they are, it's for a reason.  There's no right or wrong, we each have to learn our own lessons in our own way.  If someone is not ready to acknowledge the existence of Natural Law, well, they will eventually, when they get to that point.

Thanks for this great advice Cat. 

cat777

""Conversely, these Souls can also attract to themselves others who project onto them all manner of judgments, projection of motives, intentions, of "˜who they really are', and wholesale persecution. The reason this occurs is because the very nature of these Souls is fundamentally pure, and full of the inner Light of the Source. As a result, their own inner light has the effect of "˜exposing' the impurities in others, of the actual reality of others, versus the persona created by others; of others actual intentions and motives for anything. Accordingly, those who do this kind of projection and so on feel threatened by these types of Souls, for they know they themselves are fundamentally dishonest, and that they are invested in having others believe in the persona they are creating to hide their actual reality/agendas. Feeling threatened thus causes these types of people to manifest this type of behavior (projections) with these Souls.""

This is reminding me of something....hmmmm, what? It seems to me that there was someone who I read about recently that might be falling into this category.  This is bugging me.  I can't remember.  I'm trying to think what news I may have read lately.

I bet this is going to happen to The Pope! Maybe that's who  :-)

I did some "What have I been reading in the news research"  - Yes, THe Pope.  Rad posted "The bishops of bling will fight for their things" - that is it  :-)

Rad

Hi Linda,

Quote from: Linda on Nov 04, 2013, 06:44 PM
Rad, I have a few questions:

1.  Regarding the way distorted statements are made and believed by individuals, is it true that one would have to "internally realize" the effect of distorted statements through the emotions first before any change comes, and not just through the "intellect?"  (ie a combination of "mutable" Gemini-Virgo-Sag-Pisces and "water" Cancer-Scorpio-Pisces)

The intellect can trigger the emotions, and emotions can trigger the intellect. It is simultaneous either way. The underlying emotional dynamics is all Souls involve the need to feel secure where security is a function of self-consistency. Anything that challenges that existing state of security defined by the need to be self consistent thus creates a state of insecurity. This is why so many will defend their existing 'beliefs' manifesting as intellectual arguments to their last breath. The vast majority of  humans on this planet operate through learned or imposed beliefs that have nothing to do with actual truth where truth is a function of natural laws. All natural laws can be internally realized and understood. Thus, natural laws are not a function of beliefs. When any belief is exposed for the delusional nature that it is most Souls will reform or recreate that delusional belief in some way in order to sustain some sense of self-consistency: emotional/ psychological security.  A typical psychological / emotional reaction to an idea that exposes a delusional belief(s) is one of 'well, I just don't believe that'.

2.  Regarding evolution through the emotions, and the internal realization of truth (personal truth, collective truth, universal truth), is this then naturally followed by an act of "will-power" or "discipline" in order to allow the truths or insights to remain and evolution to be maintained?

Yes, because when such a realization is relatively new the influence of evil or Lucifer in all of us can attempt to undermine that new realization in order to keep the Soul ensnared in the old emotion or 'belief' in order to stop the evolutionary momentum forwards that the new realization is about. This will typically manifest an either internal doubt and / or circumstances that the Soul creates in the form of other people who will attempt to instill that doubt in some way.

3.  Is there anything in EA that describes the fear a Soul may have of losing its understanding and internal realization of Natural Laws?

The Soul itself by way of it's own memories in other lives that come forwards to the current moment of the Soul's life. Such memories will have been caused in a diversity of ways. Within this is the fact once the Soul exits any given life into the astral realm, and then is reborn in yet another life, the actual memories from all those prior lives is 'lost' in any conscious sense by way of the ego created in that new life. So in a given life a Soul can have x,y,z of various types of realizations that will propel it's evolutionary journey forwards and, at the same time, fear that those realizations will not be remembered in another life to come because of the veil that is created from life to life that does not allow for the memories/ realizations to be remembered. This is Soul stuff: Pluto, Scorpio, and the 8th house.

4.  Do we have a trinity or other astrological archetype associated with Will?  eg Mars - personal will;  Leo - will power;  Lilith trinity (octave transformer between Mars and Pluto) - power of the natural/authentic self;  Scorpio - Soul, power;  Pisces - Higher Will.

The 'will' of the Soul in any manifestation of it is Pluto and it's lower octave Mars. The 'will' of the Source Of All Things is Neptune and Pluto.

5.  People will believe just about anything.  How do we deal with a clash of beliefs?  Eg Person A's beliefs based on Natural Laws versus Person B's beliefs based on something else.  

Knowledge is not a function of beliefs. Beliefs do not equal knowledge. For the vast majority of humans who are defined by beliefs where, again, beliefs are linked with the psychological need to feel secure, self-consistent, this of course leads to all the horrible conflicts that humans then create for themselves because of the psychological need to impose their specific beliefs on others who do not hold those beliefs. Thus, others are then perceived as threatening to one's beliefs because this then challenges the need to feel secure: self consistent. This is why 'religion' is one of the core causes of all conflicts and wars between peoples where religion is simply a combination of various cosmological beliefs.

Knowledge is that which is internally realized. Thus, knowledge is just that: knowledge and not beliefs. Knowledge DOES NOT NEED TO BE BELIEVED IN. Knowledge just is. It can only be realized and NOT INVENTED.

The vast majority of humans live in a state of delusional beliefs of one sort or another. Thus, they clash for the reasons just discussed. In my view, the best way to deal with this clashing of beliefs is simply to stand aside and let humans do what humans do. If any person actually asks another for some sort of perspective of something, some way of understanding something, of what one knows versus believes then go ahead and share whatever that is because, after all, one is asking the other. This is very different than most humans that simply impose that blathering beliefs on all others. So for those that need to clash in this way , so be it. For myself, I will stand aside unless asked by another something that they want or need from me.

The reason I ask these questions is because it is overwhelming the amount of "stuff" out there, and as you say Natural Laws are very simple.

Right, and most of that 'stuff' is delusional beliefs and ideas that, in the end, evaporate into the nothingness in which they manifested in the first place. It is just the normal blather that the egocentric structures of most Soul's need to generate in order to fill up the inner void that has been created in most because of not making the internal effort to actually KNOW that which is defined by the Natural Laws set in motion at the moment of the manifested Creation by the Source Of All Things.

This Mercury Rx and Solar Eclipse in Scorpio is certainly shedding light on nonsensical ideas that my Soul just does not want to drag into the new cycle!

Great. So instead of that remember the Natural Law about the breath. Allowing the breath to become still will then allow your consciousness to naturally expand into the inner realizations that reflect the truth, knowledge, of the manifest Creation in the first place.

God Bless, Rad

Linda

Thank you for your superb response to my questions Rad.