School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW TOPICS FOR OUR MESSAGE BOARD

Started by Rad, Nov 06, 2013, 12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skywalker

Hi Rad and all,

Count me in for the Neptune thread.

Relative to Linda´s idea, maybe what could be done would be to have a chart and simulate real life questions that clients might ask and, practice how to respond to them in a way that would be the most beneficial to the client, using the EA paradigm. So each one participating would have the chart and a few questions to answer.

If personal charts are out of the question maybe Rad or someone could provide a chart, a bio to get the context of the person and some potential real life questions.

All the best
www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more

Rad

Hi Linda and Skywalker,

One of the problems with using a real person, even one of us on this message board, is that EA is so deep and comprehensive that it can lead into situations of any person feeling 'exposed' to their inner dynamics that they many not even be conscious of, dynamics that can seem humiliating and beyond.

I will consider Skywalker's idea, if I understand it right, of using 'hypothetical' charts that I could present in which questions could be asked of me about whatever dynamics were existing in such a hypothetical chart. This could then lead to me then pretending to be that chart in the form of asking questions that could then be answered by all who participated. If there is any interest in this approach please let me know.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Linda, Katherine, Skywalker, Ari, Cat and any others who wish to join in on this thread ...

Ok, let's go ahead with our Neptune thread. What I would like all of you to do at first is read, or re-read, the lecture posted of JWG's lecture on Neptune. If you have any questions about any part of that lecture please ask them of me now.

After that I think what I will do is then present other correlations to Neptune, Pisces, and the 12th House that are not covered in that lecture. And I would do that in segments wherein each of you could ask me questions as we went along. We could also create a situation wherein I could ask you to submit your own understanding's of the various archetypal correlations as we went along: i.e. Neptune, etc, correlations to delusions. So I could then ask a simple thing of you as in what type of delusions could manifest in a Soul that had Neptune in the 8th house, Neptune is some sort of aspect to another planet, etc.

Please let me know if all of you would like this approach. And, if we do this thread, please consider that I would like your input as we went through these segments in a timely manner.

God Bless, Rad

Skywalker

Hi Rad and all,

What I meant was that we could look at charts of real people that you may have done readings for, obviously in an anonymous way, or to look at very similar hypothetical charts to those that reflect actual clients and their real concerns/questions. I think Linda was looking for a more practical/realistic approach to dealing with clients. For example many times a client will be interested in knowing things about their love life and will ask something about their relationship if currently in one, or why a certain relationship turned out the way it did. I think it´s up to the EA Astrologer to guide the person in the right direction, to show the client what their responsibility is in their current situation, what their potential limitations may be, how to evolve beyond them etc. A thread like that could help deal with the more practical side of readings since EA can be so deep and overwhelming.

I also think it might be too much to expose one of us or anyone publicly in the manner EA can. There is also the fact that it would be limited to this lifetime since most of us don´t remember past lives in a detailed way. Also the awareness the person has of his/her own dynamics, in many cases as the Pluto paradigm teaches, is very limited.

The Neptune thread approach sounds great to me and please let us know when you would like us to submit our work.

Thank you

All the best

ari moshe

QuoteOk, let's go ahead with our Neptune thread. What I would like all of you to do at first is read, or re-read, the lecture posted of JWG's lecture on Neptune. If you have any questions about any part of that lecture please ask them of me now.

After that I think what I will do is then present other correlations to Neptune, Pisces, and the 12th House that are not covered in that lecture. And I would do that in segments wherein each of you could ask me questions as we went along. We could also create a situation wherein I could ask you to submit your own understanding's of the various archetypal correlations as we went along: i.e. Neptune, etc, correlations to delusions. So I could then ask a simple thing of you as in what type of delusions could manifest in a Soul that had Neptune in the 8th house, Neptune is some sort of aspect to another planet, etc.

Please let me know if all of you would like this approach. And, if we do this thread, please consider that I would like your input as we went through these segments in a timely manner.

That sounds really good to me Rad, thank you.

Kristin

Dear Rad,

I am looking very forward to exploring this topic more deeply and would like to participate in this thread as well.

Thank you so much for opening this board up for new teachings!

Neptune is so timely now.

Peace,
Kristin

Linda

Hi Rad and everyone,

I'm so very happy to get involved in the new Neptune thread giving us the opportunity to ask questions about the correlations of Neptune.  Here's the link to the old thread:

NEPTUNE'S ARCHETYPAL ROLE IN CONSCIOUSNESS
http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php?topic=639.msg10217#msg10217

I think setting a time limit for assignments is a good idea.  

As for my original suggestion of looking at a real EA person's chart, I agree that this could make them feel too exposed and vulnerable.  However, working on 'hypothetical' charts would be great.

Thank you so much for all that you continue to give to EA.

Love,

Linda

cat777

Hi Rad,

It sounds good to me!  I too think that a reasonable time limit should be set.  I think deadlines are great as they motivate people to wrap things up.  I suspect that many of us are spending way too much time trying to be very detailed and "perfect" - which is nice, but when we linger too long I think it is to the detriment of the mb.

I also think we should start any new topics (Neptune) in a brand new thread. It will make it easier on Linda when she has to update the glossary  :-)

As for the "counselling" topic and "chart" - maybe just run today's transits and use that chart as if it were a person's chart  :-)

cat

cat777

PS - I am going to go ahead and start a new thread for Neptune - I hope you don't mind.  That way if anyone has questions tonight, they can post them there and not here and we won't have to transfer them over :-)

cat

Linda

Hi Cat,

Thanks for taking the initiative and commencing a new Neptune thread! 

I really like your idea about using today's transits as if it were a person.  If Rad thinks it's a good idea, we could examine a weekly 'hypothetical' chart using today's transits (or another chart) to answer a question set by Rad. 

Back to Neptune:  I think a one week time limit on each assignment would be enough for me.  My assignments will have to be quite succinct since I'm still working on finalizing the EA Glossary Updated 2014 Edition.

Love,

Linda

Katherine

Hi Rad,
I understand the level of exposure.
I can also see benefit of a hypothetical chart in that you could pose a question or push a particular point so that everyone could see a subtle nuance in the chart. (reminiscent of Chopin's Études)
I agree that deadlines are reasonable.

God Bless,
Katherine

imsara

Sunyata

Hi all. Just a lighter suggestion for a general topic on space news such as planetary things, discoveries etc..maybe ufos too, similar to the environment topic, the usa/future of the world thread, daemon souls thread....just so that there is a place to pass on news we all may come across...

Hope you are all staying warm.

Cheers,
Sunyata

Rad

Hi Sunyatta,

Almost every day in the Pluto in Capricorn thread, the future of the USA and the world, I post information and news about exactly that. So another thread just isn't needed. Thanks for your thinking about it though, and how to expand our message board.

God Bless, Rad

Skywalker

Hi Rad and everyone else,

Are you thinking of moving onto another topic that was suggested here in this thread?

I would still hope to do some practice charts relative to Uranus and the blueprint of the Soul and it´s future and also to analyze charts to see the Soul´s progression from life to life. I also have one more suggestion, Saturn and how the Soul´s consciousness is structured which then is connected to the circumstantial reality it experiences.

Thank you

All the best