Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Transits  (Read 6003 times)
Deva

« Reply #60 on: Apr 08, 2014, 10:19 AM »

Hi all! I would like to restart the thread with a focus on the core evolutionary intentions/meaning of Pluto transits through the houses/signs. Before we discuss specific Pluto transits within houses/signs we must first review the symbolic meaning of Pluto in the natal chart.
     In order to understand the symbolic meaning of Pluto (the Soul) within the natal chart we must first review the core archetype of Pluto/Scorpio/8th house from an evolutionary perspective. One of the  core correlations of the Pluto/Scorpio/8th house archetype is metamorphosis beyond our pre existing limitations. There is a need to psychologically penetrate to the root, or core, causes of such limitations in order to affect growth/metamorphosis. Another essential correlation is to our desire nature. A fundamental teaching that is imparted through Evolutionary Astrology is that the Soul (Pluto) contains two co-equal yet antithetical desires within it: One to return to Source  and one to separate from Source. It is the interaction of these two desires within the Soul that determines what we think we need and the actions that we then put into motion. In other words, desire is the determinate of evolution. This archetype also correlates with the awareness of higher sources of power. The desire to merge with a higher source of power is indicated as well. (Evolution occurs as the Soul begins to merge back with the Universal Creator and progressively exhausts/purges all separating desires).   
      Pluto in the natal chart symbolizes the Soul and the dual desires within the Soul. Pluto's natal placement by house and sign symbolizes the core desires and intentions of the evolutionary past . As a result, Pluto's natal position represents a natural point of gravitation coming into the life  (we all pick up where we left off and Pluto symbolizes where we will pick up in this life). Pluto correlates to the deepest sense  unconscious sense of emotional security that all of us can have. Why? The root cause, or dynamic, to consider is that emotional security is linked with the need to remain self-consistent relative to what has come before (the past). In other words, self consistency is linked with the known and familiar ways of being (our past). The need to change these patterns is to threaten or challenge our deepest sense of security. Yet, in order to evolve and grow we must all embrace the need to change these patterns. It is exactly this natural process of owning the limitations of the past and the simultaneous need to create a  metamorphosis of those patterns that we can experience the interaction of the dual desires within the Soul. 
     Relative to the evolutionary process described above we can understand the core evolutionary/karmic intentions of Pluto transits. In a broad sense, Pluto transits correlate with critical time frames/junctures from an evolutionary point of view. These are times in which dynamics that are creating a situation of non-growth and stagnation within the Soul are confronted at a “bottom line” or “root” level. Pluto transits often correlate with life situations/events of very intense change and transmutation ( it maybe helpful to review the four ways Pluto affects/instigates evolutionary change in the Pluto vol 1 book). It is important to state that our experience of these often stressful and difficult life situations is based on our own desire to either move with the emerging “evolutionary current” or to maintain the security of the past via resisting the evolutionary impulse of the Pluto transits. In other words, if we approach Pluto transits with an attitude of openness and non-defensiveness towards the necessary growth that must occur then we can handle the stress and emotional pain that often surfaces at these times in a way that uses such stress in a productive and regenerative way.

Please feel free to post any questions or provide input before we move on to discussing specific Pluto transits.

Namaste

Deva
nemodomi

« Reply #61 on: Apr 09, 2014, 11:06 AM »

Thanks for picking up this thread again, Deva! :-)

-- Ken
Rav

« Reply #62 on: Apr 13, 2014, 02:45 AM »

Hi Deva,

I am also glad to hear this thread has been picked up again! I am also trying to improve my own understanding of looking at transits and how they link to our evolutionary growth.

Many thanks,

Rav.
Susanh

« Reply #63 on: Apr 15, 2014, 01:16 PM »

At the risk of exposing my greenhorn naivete I want to share that this recent post of yours, Deva, has shifted me deeply. I tended to think only of the faster moving planets when I thought of transits......

Pluto takes so long I forget about it. Forget it is there in the huge looming background! But when I look at where Pluto is for me right now I am stunned at seeing the matrix it provides for many things that have happened and are happening in my life.

Just like Pluto shapes all the other planets in a birth chart. Of course it must shape the dance of all the transiting planets! Not just from it's place in the natal chart, but also from where it is now. Wow.

So, am I correct to assume we are going to first study transiting Pluto? Smiley

Namaste

Susan
Deva

« Reply #64 on: Apr 16, 2014, 08:22 AM »

Hi, Susan. Thanks for your post about transits! Yes, we are going to start with Pluto transits to each house/sign and ruling planet (i.e, the next post is about Pluto transiting the first house or to Mars). In terms of understanding the core evolutionary intentions of Pluto transits it is important to remember that any planet that Pluto aspects through transit symbolizes a deep metamorphic process of that planetary function (Mars, Venus, Sun, etc). This process occurs, in a broad sense, through exposing and transmuting dynamics that are specifically linked with the planet that Pluto is transiting which have become limited and creating blocks towards further evolution. Please let me know if there are any questions before we move forward.  Pluto transiting Mars/1st house post will be ready by Monday next week!

Namaste

Deva
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: