Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ea and Education  (Read 431 times)
GoldLeaf

« on: Dec 15, 2013, 02:26 PM »

Hi there.

I was wondering if anyone has used the EA method in an educational setting for children. I am currently studying to become a Waldorf Teacher and I am interested in the application of astrology in an educational setting. The training is aim specifically at children aged 7-14, and looking at Steiner's pedagogical law there is an obvious correlation with the Saturn cycles; 0-7 etheric development, 7-14 Astral development, 14-21 Ego development. I can also see patterns regarding the nodes, with the 9 year crisis correlating with the nodal opposition.

There obvious issues with this idea, the first being determining the evolutionary state of the child.

Does anyone know if any research has been done in this area? Rad do you have any thoughts on this?

Many Thanks

Greg
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2013, 08:08 AM »

Hi Greg,

Gosh, that sounds like  a wonderful and relevant idea and thing to do. I have no personal information or knowledge as this ever being done anywhere. If others do know about this please respond to Greg.

God Bless, Rad
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2013, 11:53 PM »

Hi Greg, been thinking about you question. I as well feel the calling to teach children.

Here's a stream of thought regarding your question.
There's a tendency as adults to try to take the logical constructs we have and to try to transmitted them to children. I.E when children ask their adult parents questions about why things are the way they are, the answers are usually too logical that its completely abstract and intangible to the child because it assumes so constructs that have not yet been formed in the mind of the child that the adult completely takes for granted.

This leads to rout memorized answers without any understanding. Children are mostly conditioned to "know" the answers that are taught to them because that is how society structured right now: absolute logical constructs regarding the nature of things are provided at such an early age that the answers are established way before the child ever had chance to explore the questions through their own profound capacity for imagination and direct experience.

As adults, our gemini conceptions of reality are already pretty well formed - which for better or for worse gives us the capacity to create logical constructs to connect all kinds of things together, and yet it also implies that most of us think we already understand how everything works and connects together which makes learning anything new quite challenging for most of us!

The logical constructs of a child are not fully developed, thus there is still a great degree of openness to the potential of what things are. In other words there isn't a lot of unlearning to do! This is why those who are new to ea tend to absorb it a lot more quickly than those who have already studied a lot of astrology. Beginners mind.

To me the capacity to understand ea is great for children as well as for any soul at any age - because that which is inherently and eternally True is inherently so simple that it is available on every level of consciousness, at every stage of development. The truth pointed to in ea is true before it is understood mentally. What makes ea beautiful is not ea itself, its the truth that ea points to. Truth has nothing to do with any system or organization or anything. Any system that points to the truth becomes a great system because it is aligned with that which is transcendent of any form or structure.

Truth is like water, and it has the ability to take the shape of any container - it can be available in just the right way for anyone.

My intuition regarding teaching ea would be to simplify and distill the essence of what it is in a way that merely points to the truth without any (or too much) logic involved. Truth that is self evident through direct experience, not mental mechanics. This allows for each child to have their own direct experience build their own constructs and apply the material in a way that can be assimilated at their level.

So one piece of advice that comes to me is to first focus upon what your goal would be in teaching children. Obviously it's not to teach them how to read a chart. What is the goal? Why are you doing it? What do you want them to take from their experience with you? Focus on that, the essence, and then work backwards. Doing it this way focuses on the essence first and then allows the rest to fill in. I feel this is a good approach for working with anyone at any age.

I'm really curious what you've thought of already regarding your target age of 7-14. I'd love to chat with you more about this if you'd like. I bet that would be beneficial and fun for us both.
With much love,
Ari Moshe
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2013, 12:18 AM »

Haha, just after sending my last reply, this post came up on my facebook wall:

"Remember, your children are your elders in universe time. They have come into a more complete, more evolved universe than you or I can know. We can only see that universe through their eyes." - Buckminster Fuller
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: