Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Asperger's Syndrome  (Read 1703 times)
cat777
Very Active Member

« Reply #15 on: Feb 08, 2014, 11:18 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Here is a link to a list of "famous" people with Asperger's.  I am not one to keep up with celebrities, but if you look at the list, maybe there is someone who has passed on.

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/article_2086.shtml

Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #16 on: Feb 08, 2014, 11:25 AM »

Hi Poetree

Thanks for your post and welcome to this message board. Thanks too for the video you posted. Even though this video refers mostly to autism, rather than AS, the view of considering these conditions as a gift is interesting because in sense, all difficulties can be viewed as a gift. However, at the same time, this should not make us forget that people with AS can have a really difficult time and experience a lot of frustration and emotional pain, for themselves, and also for others. I’ve known of psychotherapists who in fact consider AS as a gift, and who like these children more than they like other, non-AS kids. I think your suggestion of a higher sensitivity could be interesting to explore in some birthcharts of people diagnosed with AS. Relating to this, I am aware there is one theory that opposes the prior assumption that AS lack empathy, instead, this theory suggests that people with AS may withdraw because of a more intense empathy to other people’s emotions, which become overwhelming to them, and which they are unable to integrate and deal with in social interaction.

I hope Stacie will comment further. In the meantime, I am posting the birthchart of a 8-9 years old child who has been diagnosed with AS. Rad has commented about this birthchart earlier, when he referred to the intensity of recent prior-lives traumas of the kid’s Soul. This was before an actual diagnosis of AS were made.

The evolution of the kid’s condition has been quite good. He is nor a very tender kid within the scope of his relationship with his mother who is very devoted to the wellbeing of his son. He has also developed some strategies that have allowed him to have some friends he interacts with on a regular basis, and to integrate more or less within dynamics with friends groups at school. However, of course there is still a lot of work to do, and the kid is about to begin a group therapy focused on the need to develop other types of strategies. I feel that while the psychotherapist speaks of developing ‘strategies’ she also understands that there is an ongoing process of emotional integration.  The reason why the psychotherapist has recommended the need for new strategies is based on the limitation of the current strategy, which is based on an over-compensation. In fact, the kid feels comfortable in one-to-one relationships, and in group relationships, only by putting himself above others, and putting down everyone else. He needs to be ‘number one’ in everything (he uses words such as ‘I am top, you are a loser’). If this scheme of interaction is challenged, the kid feels extremely insecure, and needs to withdraw. And this coping mechanism is reaching a limitation already because the not all kids like to interact on this basis, and further because the kid is very aware that others are more skilled than he is. We can see in the birthchart how this very dynamic has been in place in prior lifetimes. Jupiter correlates with compensation, and the natal Jupiter is conjunct the South Node in the 2nd House in Libra, Jupiter being directly connected to Pluto-the Soul- by rulership of Pluto in the 4th House which is in Sagittarius. And the South Node is ruled by Venus in Aries in his 8th House with Mercury and the Sun all in Aries in the 8th House: the need to be always the number one.  I prior lifetimes this orientation has been a direct causal factor in creating crises and traumas, because of the need to be a leader, to be followed by others, which has conditioned his Soul’s orientation to truth: he is always ‘sure’, and thus, he does not discriminate between what he knows and what he does not know. He just knows everything, and always believes to know better than others. He is very convincing and people with unresolved authority themes –Saturn square the nodes- tend to follow him like the rats followed the pied piper. With the North Node in Aries in the 8th House, and its ruler, Mars, being in the 6th House in Aquarius conjunct Chiron, dynamics of following or being followed because of  ‘seeming’ to have the right answers, seeming to be always ‘sure’ has had extreme consequences. Of course this is based on the unresolved emotional dynamics and emotional rage and anger, which have further conditioned the types of ideas that have been involved in this leadership dynamics-Jupiter in Libra ruled by Venus in Aries in the 8th House, Mercury Rx. in Aries in  the 8th House opposing Pallas Rx in Libra in the 1st House, ie. extremes ideas confronting the status quo.  

It is interesting that, right at the time when transiting Uranus is conjuncting the Mercury/Venus/Sun natal conjunction in the 8th House Aries, the limitation of the compensatory defense has become manifest. Also, a change of school is being evaluated, since the father, for his own reasons and prior-lives traumas, has been obsessed with keeping the boy at a German school, which is colder and more authoritarian than other schools, and which is linked to prior traumas of the kid’s Soul. This can be seen in the kid’s chart in Saturn in Cancer in the 11th House square the nodes and trine the 3rd House Scorpio Moon. Basically, the father is projecting his own fears of inadequacy and his own emotional vulnerability on the kid, and trying to mold the kid according to how he feels he would have liked to feel when being a kid: above it all. A recent evaluation of the kid has also thrown that he has difficulties with humour-he laughs at funny stories and jokes, but not in the funny parts … that he does not avail ‘common-sense’ answers for kid’s common life questions/problems (example: “question: what would you do if you hurt yourself on your finger and you start bleeding? .. answer: I would tell the blood.. ‘hey blood, stop coming out’ .. question: ok, but, seriously, what would you do if you get hurt and your finger is bleeding? .. answer: ‘hey, fucking blood, stop coming out of my finger’ … etc.). Also, that he has become too dependent on stereotyped phrases and manners.

I feel the theory I mentioned about empathy could apply in this case. I would say it is not that the kid were non-empathic, but rather, that he is overwhelmed by the intensity of inner emotions that are triggered in social interaction. In turn, this triggers the desires to withdraw, or a response based o desires to be tough, or rude, or cruel to some degree. He also feels threatened if his desires are opposed by someone else’s, so he is not willing to accept a ‘no’. A level of cruelty was observed when the kid was once found to be playing to be the interrogator and torturer of a doll. There is a possibility that the kid could develop admiration and respect to those who appear as strong and invulnerable; and that, on the contrary, he could develop levels of cruelty to others he perceive as weak or vulnerable. This would occur though a dynamic of projection.
That there is unresolved empathy that can trigger these types of responses can be seen in Uranus in the intercepted Pisces in the 7th House, square the nodes of Uranus in the 4th and 10th Houses, and the South Node in Libra in the 2nd House ruled by Venus in the 8th House, the North Node in the 8th House ruled by Mars conjunct Neptune and Neptune’s south node in Aquarius in the 6th House ruled by the 7th House Neptune-empathy correlates with Libra and Pisces. In fact he is extremely dependent on being valued by others so he is always trying to catch other’s attention, approval and admiration, and he does so at times by trying to be very charming; however, he does have trouble in processing when these don’t come in the way he wants, and then he tries to force his desires for approval or acclaim by means of insisting many times with the same thing. This implies that his brain does get information about how others are feeling-and this can be observed in his face, however he needs to create defenses against any potential threat of rejection of being not-followed.

I hope that Stacie comes with more analysis, insights, or comments, and perhaps we could develop further analysis of this birthchart.

God Bless, Gonzalo
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2014, 12:08 PM by Gonzalo » Logged
miriamw

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 07:08 AM »

It has become fairly obvious to me recently upon reading about aspergers in women (which is a very different presentation) that it fits me like a glove. Double aquarius in 11th house (actually, sun, moon and mars), taurus in second house, venus on midheaven. Is that a bingo by your thinking? And I woke up thinking, is this evolutionary somehow? Heart as big as the planet with little personal emphasis? And then I headed straight for google. It isn't a whole lot of fun in my personal life, but I do seem to be good for the planet. Some people are undoubtedly good for the planet, and still have rich and easier personal lives.
Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 09:15 AM »

Hi Miriam
Thanks for your post. In order to understand the symbols you mention from an evolutionary point of view, it is necessary to understand the whole birthchart first, and specially the main evolutionary axis of the birthchart: Pluto, the South Node and its planetary ruler, the North Node and its planetary ruler, and the aspects by Pluto or planets to the Moon's Nodes. This is the basis to understand any birthchart from an EA point of view. Without understanding these symbols, it is not possible to correctly understand any other symbol in the chart.
God Bless, Gonzalo   
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2014, 12:05 AM »

Hi Rad,

I was rather alarmed to read that a member of this thread diagnosed herself with Asperger's because of her interpretation of the contents of this thread.

This made me think that a Disclaimer needs to be posted to all threads of a medical nature.  

I hope you don't mind that I pass on this suggestion to you for the EA message board.

DISCLAIMER

Readers of this message board on any area of Medical Astrology are advised that the information and case analyses contained herein are study materials posted by the School of Evolutionary Astrology or by EA students or EA practicing astrologers, and are intended to serve those who are engaged in learning Medical Astrology from an EA point of view. The information posted is general in nature, or applies only to the real or hypothetical cases which are discussed. Each individual case is unique, and thus, you should not directly apply this astrological medical information to other individual cases. Personal advice on Medical Astrology can only be given on an individual consultation basis. Information or knowledge on Medical Astrology, or relating to alternative or complementary remedies, as discussed on this message board, is not meant to replace medical treatments or prescriptions, and you should always consult your own personal medical advisor.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video