School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Midpoints

Started by Daniel, Feb 25, 2014, 07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi everyone,

In all of the EA material that I have read, except for their function in composite charts, I have not seen any reference to the use of midpoints in chart interpretations. I would be interested to hear anyone's ideas about the use of midpoints, especially if JWG had any comments, where you use them or not, if you do when you find them useful, etc. I have a local friend who has been practicing and teaching medical astrology for many years, and she finds them critical to her diagnoses of health issues.  All comments welcomed.  Thank you all for your collective dharma.

Blessings,

Daniel

Rad

Hi Daniel,

JWG never taught about mid-points as having any relevancy to Evolutionary Astrology.

God Bless, Rad

Daniel

Thanks Rad. Did he say why?

Blessings,

Daniel

Rad

Hi Daniel,

Because everything that needs to be known from an EA point of view is all contained and symbolized in the actual placements of the planets by degree, sign, and house. In other words, mid-points, to him, were abstractions that simply were not necessary in understanding the ongoing evolutionary journey of the Soul.

God Bless, Rad

Daniel

Rad, I certainly agree with that in terms a birth chart.  My question is more in terms of transits and progressions. I have seen instances of transits to midpoints of significant planetary pairs that were sensitive points in a chart. In particular, I am currently working with the chart of the US and I have discovered that at critical times in history, outer planet aspects to the midpoint of Sun/Jupiter @ 8-9 degrees Cancer were primary energy points of significant historical events. I have seen this in my own chart as well. I have also seen it in charts of others analyzed from a health and wellness perspective.  Just my 2 cents.

Blessings,

Daniel