School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

New EA beginners practice thread

Started by ari moshe, Feb 27, 2014, 01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily

Hi Ari Moshe,

Thanks for your feedback on the last section and for this assignment!

In the quote from Rad that you posted - it's said that the nodes at 29 and 0 degrees of a sign reflect a culmination or a beginning of a cycle.  I've also heard that because the nodes mostly move retrograde, for them, 0 degrees of a sign is a culmination and 29 degrees is a new cycle.  I'm conscious lately of being taught different things in life and just letting them both be - but still have the desire to ask the question - which is it?

Thanks and love,
Emily

ari moshe

Hi Emily,

Here's a thread that addresses this topic:

http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php?topic=314.msg4841#msg4841

To summarize the EA teaching on this: Whether 29 degrees is the beginning or ending of a sign depends entirely on the nature of the point or planet that we are addressing. Every planet in the sky moves direct as its mean motion - 0 degrees being the entry point into every sign. Thus 0 would imply the beginning of a cycle and 29 would imply the culmination of one.

However when it comes to the lunar nodes, since their mean motion is retrograde, whenever they start a sign they always enter from 29 degrees. So in this case 29 degrees would mean a new cycle and 0 would mean culmination.

I should add that I am still observing and correlating through my own experiences - I don't yet understand this totally from within (i.e. beyond just a logical explanation).

With love,
Ari Moshe

ginogropp1

Dear Ari I would just like you to clarify the difference between Pluto and its polarity point and the north and south node , I know that Pluto and the South node have similar modalities . And also Plutos polarity point and the North node also have different modalities , could you in a few sentences explain the differences. how they function differently and the different things they represent . I know this is very basic stuff but would appreciate some basic clarification with love and thanks Gino

rita

Hi Ari and group,
I will only be able to post at the end of next week as my life is quite complicated at this point, i hope it is ok and that my delay does not delay the others in this thread. If you feel you cannot wait please continue and i will post as i can.
Thank you for youre understanding
love and peace
rita

Simon

Hi Ari, firstly thanks for the feedback on my previous assginment.

Will be doing my research on next segment.

Wei

Hi Ari, I don't truly understand NN and PPP, if we evolve to ppp, the NN will unfold, why don't we just develop PPP...? I wonder if it is because PPP can't be reached in one life time, it's a very long journey to get there, and the NN is what we can reach in this life time through moon, our ego? And by working NN (every lifetime) would help our soul to learn PPP lesson? When we embrace NN, we can nurture our emotional body, heal the past emotional wound? But PPP is about we evolve through soul's desire?

Another question...When nodes are direct in a chart, do we consider 0 degree beginning or ending?

ari moshe

Hi Gino,

QuoteDear Ari I would just like you to clarify the difference between Pluto and its polarity point and the north and south node , I know that Pluto and the South node have similar modalities . And also Plutos polarity point and the North node also have different modalities , could you in a few sentences explain the differences. how they function differently and the different things they represent . I know this is very basic stuff but would appreciate some basic clarification with love and thanks Gino

Sure. First I want to clarify that we'll be reviewing the teachings on Pluto and the nodes in a future step. I only brought it up now to provide some basic EA context for the lunar nodes, which is what we are exploring now.

The key is to understand that the identity always exists for a reason. Pluto symbolizes resistance to change, to evolution. It's only through the polarity point of Pluto that the soul overcomes resistance and cooperates with with the force of evolution.

When we are in a state of resistance we will hold on to the same old familiar story that serves that resistance. That story is the story we tell ourselves about who we are (our ego, self identity), and thus about what life is in general. Our self identity creates an emotional filter that will serve to keep us exactly where we are. We will continue to generate the same responses and choices

That's the south node (known self identity) relative to Pluto which symbolizes the reasons and purpose for why the soul will continue to perpetuate that self identity. Note that the south node Pluto relationship doesn't only mean non growth. It can also imply where the soul is already empowered and capable of supporting others. The point however is it symbolizes the past, the known - and the soul is not meant to stay just there.

When we are desiring to evolve, to change, we will choose to think of ourselves differently. We will create a new story; a new filter through which we will take in our reality. This is a new egocentric structure, a new self identity which of course leads to new actions, new choices.

That is the north node relative to the Pluto polarity point: An ego structure that allows for evolution beyond the fixations of security implied by the position of natal Pluto.

With love
Ari Moshe

ari moshe

Hi Wei,
QuoteHi Ari, I don't truly understand NN and PPP, if we evolve to ppp, the NN will unfold, why don't we just develop PPP...?

Other way around. If we develop the NN, the ppp is defacto activated. We CAN just develop the PPP. And the way that happens is through the human life that we are living. As long as we are incarnated into human form, we cannot take the identity out of the picture. The identity moves along with the soul.

QuoteI wonder if it is because PPP can't be reached in one life time, it's a very long journey to get there, and the NN is what we can reach in this life time through moon, our ego? And by working NN (every lifetime) would help our soul to learn PPP lesson? When we embrace NN, we can nurture our emotional body, heal the past emotional wound? But PPP is about we evolve through soul's desire?

We will address all of this more thoroughly soon. The Pluto polarity point isn't something that is "reached" in a final kind of way. The reason for this is we are talking about the nature of desire. The Pluto polarity point represents evolution itself. And evolution implies that there is an existing condition that at some point will end.It's a continual process of becoming.

QuoteAnother question...When nodes are direct in a chart, do we consider 0 degree beginning or ending?

0 is the ending with the nodes. Check out Emily's post above.
With love,
Ari Moshe

Emily

Hello,

Thank you for the response to my question on the nodes.

Here's an attempt at SN Capricorn, NN Cancer and SN Cancer, NN Capricorn.

Thanks again so much for this opportunity to practice!

Blessings,
Emily

South Node in Capricorn or the 10th House:

A soul with the South Node in Capricorn has previously been identifying itself with its role in society.  The soul has perhaps been over identified with its career or public life.   The soul could have had a position of power and authority over others.  Or the soul could have been dominated by the authority of another or others.  The prior life identity may be very crystalized in the consciousness of the individual - not that it wouldn't be in other placements, but with capricorn symbolizing the structure of consciousness, the identity has become rigid and maybe overly defined.  The definition could be a situation where the identity has been formed based on the values, norms of the consensus.  The soul may have been working with an identity - creating the kind of life that looks like everyone else's - including the kind of work, the lifestyle, etc.  The soul may be carrying shame about who it is - it could have received judgements and there could have been a repression of the true identity.  Or the soul could have also been very judgmental of others.  The soul could also have been very strongly rooted in an inner sense of authority - being who it is without needing to conform to the consensus.  This placement may be very different for a man or a woman and an exploration of traditional or non-traditional gender roles may have been something the soul was working with and continues to be working with.  This is a placement of the identity being very conditioned by the patriarchy? (not that all other positions don't have patriarchal distortions) With the nodes in Capricorn/Cancer a recent gender switch for the soul is a possibility.   Souls with a South Node in Capricorn or the 10th will feel focused and driven in some way to 'succeed'.  What they are basing that success on will be different based on the different evolutionary states and cultural conditioning.  The soul has either put forth the appropriate effort to make itself useful to society or it hasn't.  The soul may have developed talent as a leader.  Or the soul may have neglected its responsibilities.  The soul may also have been identifying with itself with a defeatist attitude.  The soul can be very identified with structures of the past.   There is karma around how the soul was identified with itself and how it operated in society.  The soul may choose to come into a family where it is forced to grow up at a young age or have strong karma with the father or main provider.

Consensus State:

The roles the soul has been identified with will have been very traditional in nature.  The soul would have been very identified with trying to conform to the consensus and to further its ambitions in society.  It may have been striving to attain more material wealth, social status and power, and have used any means necessary to get there.  There may have been depression when its ventures were blocked or failed.  This could symbolize the soul being very identified with a position of power within society.  In the later stages of the consensus state, with some sort of position in politics or business, or some other sort of leader.  The ultimate authority is seen as coming from outside of the individual.

Individuated State:

The soul has begun to desire to shed layers of conditioning.  The soul may have become deeply reflective as it begins to connect with a sense of inner authority that may be at odds with how the consensus says it should be living.  There may be periods of depression when the gap between how the soul has been living and how it inwardly feels becomes very great.  In the second stage the soul can experience not being able to integrate its identity into society - there is a complete rebellion against society.  The soul will begin and eventually will actualize a role in society that is in tune with its uniqueness and the gifts it has to bring to help move society forward.  The soul could have already learned how to do this and have had a very important role in society.  Success may be based on being able to create structures in one's life that reflect the inner essence of who the soul feels itself to be.

Spiritual State:

In this state the identity may have been linked to doing work in the world on behalf of the creator.  It may have been linked to feeling a great responsibility to do the 'right' thing (at any evolutionary stage).  The soul may have been overly identified with a specific spiritual teaching or institution - that was perhaps limiting the evolution of the soul.  The soul may be in the spiritual state but be identified with a consensus religion in a spiritual way.  The soul will feel that God is the ultimate authority and defer to source when needing direction, finding the answers within itself in that way.  The soul has perhaps identified itself with creating structures related to its spirituality and being of service (healing).  In the first stage the soul may not have felt good enough to bring its talents out into the world and may not have developed them sufficiently - or may have developed them but not allowed them to be put to use.  In the second stage this seems like someone who could definitely have been over identified with a role as a spiritual leader or guru of some kind.

North Node in Cancer or the 4th House

Where the identity has become overly conditioned and rigid, the North Node in Cancer is about coming home to oneself.  The soul can evolve by shifting the identity to the inner emotional realm vs. being so focused on its public role.  All of the responsibility and leadership one has potentially already developed can be brought forward but in a way that is more emotionally intelligent.  Any way the identity has limited the processing of emotions needs to be opened up.  This includes touch and nurturing.  Where the soul has perhaps suppressed or shut out certain feelings, the soul now needs to learn how to soften and allow its emotional body to flow.  The soul may need to focus more actively on family life - the identity shifting to being a nurturer (a nurturing provider).  The soul also needs to learn how take care of itself - nurturing itself as well as others on an emotional level.  The soul is learning to take responsibility for its emotions. Where in the past emotions may have seemed scary or too messy or chaotic to deal with they will need to be accessed for evolution to occur.  The soul is not meant to revert its identity to being like a child, but certain aspects that have perhaps become too rigid or serious need to be softened and the person needs to open up their self-image to be more human.  Where the soul may have become bitter or jaded it can grow by seeing things as a child would see them, being in the moment and rediscovering a sense of wonder.  Bringing the SN with it, the soul will create the structures in its life that support emotional grounding and wellbeing.  The soul can evolve by acknowledging its basic emotional needs and learning to meet them for itself, as well as opening up to others and allowing itself to be vulnerable.  The soul will begin to identify strength with vulnerability.

Consensus State:

Basic emotional needs will be met in a consensus way?  Consensus family structures, gender assignments etc.  The soul will need to internalize a sense of security and authority(SN).

Individuated State:

The soul can evolve by embracing an identity that is true to who it is on an individuated level.  Breaking free from definitions related to the soul's role in society, the soul will be opening up to how it is different from everyone else.  It will be seeking emotional security even as the identity is shifting to one that may be very different from those around it and thus trigger a feeling of insecurity.  The intention is to find emotional security within - to be oneself and love oneself.

Spiritual State:

In this state the soul will be progressively broadening its identity beyond itself, the ego humbling itself and moving closer and closer to re-merging with source.  Opening up to feelings is essential to evolution, and in this state maybe the soul moves from a more ascetic form of spirituality to one of devotion (not that that is the only path).  The soul has perhaps become too identified with its public role or trying to control its life and needs to come back to itself as a child of God - equal and vulnerable as everyone else on the path. Perhaps someone moving towards a path as a householder. Finding security through connecting to source within.  And learning to see emotions as part of the totality of creation?

South Node in Cancer or the 4th House

With this placement of the south node the soul has perhaps not been receiving emotional nurturing from the environment - as a child and later in life.  The soul may choose parents who can't meet its emotional needs or who treat it like a child for too long and neglect helping the child mature.  Or the parents may be able to mirror the child very well and support the internalization of the parental role.  If unmet needs of the child are not learned to be met by the individual,  they will be carried into adulthood and projected onto partners, friends, one's own children, etc.  The soul may be used to co-dependent type relationships.  The soul will be a natural nurturer, having been identified with this in the past life.  Family may be very important to the soul and there may be strong karmic ties with the mother, or main nurturer, in particular.  The soul can still be working on anchoring emotional security within itself, learning how to take care of itself.  Or the soul may be good at this, having been thrown back on itself often in the past and learned to internalize a sense of emotional security.  There may be strong emotional imprints from the past - from the childhood in this life, or from the childhood in another life - that the soul is still working to integrate.  In some way the focus on the past life ego is emphasized as the 4th house partly represents the current life identity.  The soul has perhaps been over identified with its emotions and needs to to step back and learn how to navigate the emotional waters without getting swept away in them.  The soul may be fearful of growing up or leaving home - identifying very strongly with home and family - finding safety there and not wanting to leave - perhaps due to loss of family in a past life.  Or the soul may not feel that it has a secure home base in this life.

North Node in Capricorn or the 10th House

This symbolizes the need to mature in some way.  The identity needs to shift towards one of self-responsibility and accountability.  The soul needs to build a strong foundation for itself, within and without.  Within, a strong emotional foundation is needed - some structure to contain the emotional body - healthy boundaries and space to hold one's own vulnerability - not to repress it but some sort of form that allows the identity to be more contained and workable.  The potential oversensitivity of the south node placement can benefit from some solid structures in the life.  Definition can lend a sense of security to the soul - without it needing to be excessively rigid definition.  Without, solid foundations can be in the form of actual structures (home etc.) and in the lifestyle that support the soul's comfort and ability to grow. The role the soul plays in society can help pull the person out of themselves, out of the inner emotional focus.  The soul can do work in the world that involves nurturing others and be very good at that.  They can support emotional self sufficiency in others.  The soul can learn to identify as their own parent - taking care of their own inner child, meeting their own needs.  The soul can learn to see its childhood as necessary for learning the lessons it needed to learn.  Somehow the way the soul has been identifying with itself in the past will be restructured.

rita

Hi Ari and group,

What kind of identity has this soul developed in the past that it is bringing right into this life SN?

The South node correlates to all the prior egocentric structure of the soul with its mode of operation for actualizing Pluto´s desires in the past, and where the soul is emotionally  secure and feels self identification in this lifetime.
Although we have the tendency to project forward the past into the present to remain secure, it takes an effort to go into the unknown to step out into actual insecurity as we are trying to break away from the past and its familiarity as an evolutionary process.

The identity of the soul with the South node in the first house in Leo, has brought forward is that the soul has a special destiny to fulfill, that involves some form of self creative actualization and nothing or anybody can get in its way.
Being in Leo this soul, could feel as a special destiny to be extremely creative but have no idea of what it came here to create as it is in the first house, starting a new cycle.
Another variant could be that this individual came into this life with a deep love and desire to have children (Leo) and live for their offspring, making them an extention of themselves.
This soul would have the ability to start new things totally independent from others. It would seek to find answers to its deepest questions by interiorizing its emotions and seeking the answers from within.
The need for freedom and independence would trigger a deep fear of a committed long lasting relationship, as the individual is primarily trying to discover itself as an individual.
Being in Leo through out its life it could have had hypnotic sexual attractions with no forethought (first house) of the consequences of these actions.Getting involved / or seeking relationships with somebody that was not really available for a lasting relationship so that the individual did not feel trapped into the relationship walking away at any time that things got too grounded.
Possibly this individual is needing quite a lot of praise and admiration(Leo) from others and constant attention to feel secure with itself. The first imprint of its fulfilled needs as a child if not fulfilled by the parents and immediate family would leave a deep imprint of neediness / insecurity as an adult in the individual.
But also the opposite could be true of not needing the attention any more upon itself.
It could need to be recognized for its bravery and capacity to lead in what ever venture it decides to do, liking competition, it will push itself to their limits as it is so important to win and to be recognized as the star.
Failure and shame would be a very difficult pain to bare. Limitations are perceived with anger that in extreme cases could trigger violence / intolerance in the individual,  This because they need to get on with it or go into a new project, impatience builds up  and weakness in the other is not tolerated, provoking confrontations of some kind with others.

First house SN in Leo will like competition, and will work hard to be the best and once it has reached the best it will move on to some new thing again.There is a deep need to satisfy itself through being full of itself.  Creativity and role playing will expand its world view of who it wants to be.This individual could easily be a born actor or have  played different roles in his prior and actual life time so as to understand  and discover its self identity.
This individual could have deep unconscious memories of having been in a position of power in prior lives, and this attitude of superiority / being waited upon would be for this individual a natural way of being in life, shocking others who might not understand it and falsely interpreting it as something that is not, giving way to confrontations, that will make the individual go into itself and examine itself towards the others behavior or expectations that others may have of them.
The individuals can be very generous towards others, showering them with gifts that they have  personally chosen, the individual likes to be liked and to be the sunshine of others.
Possibly as a child and along its life this individual would take risks believing that it is super human and nothing could go wrong or gamble in bets with friends because of its need to exhibit itself as the best. Following its desire  for recognition or being noticed as special in some way, this individual could spontaneously engage in fights of honor over some sexual attraction with no tomorrow, finding itself in a situation with no way out, only  to understand the consequences of its desire once it is too late to stop the out come. 
SN in Leo first house there is a tendency for this individual to be full of self and focus its life on its self( first house / Leo), before others, these individuals have a tendency to be loners so as to be free to follow its desire at any time.

This individual in the consensus stage of evolution with south node Leo in the first house, would be focussing on having some form of  personal power or fame to feel secure of its role in society. Putting self first desiring to out shine all others,  using its narcissistic desires for fear of loosing its shine and glory to another. Having little awareness of the needs or desires of others, and always seeking the recognition of its presence by exhibiting its solar inner child in a dramatic fashion, basically all is focused through the self lens.
In the consensus state the individual could have the tendency to have co-dependent relationships, because it would be better to have somebody than to be alone and then suddenly finding the whole thing too oppressive but will remain in the relationship for fear of loosing its status, position. It is also important to remember that where the individual is born and what are the societies conditions will alter its desires and needs.There could be a great doses of narcissistic tendency with little instinct to give and help the other if it does not give it something back.

Individuated Soul would try to break away from any pattern of behavior that would restrict it to discover its creative self realization in a not so self focused way, although it may find a certain resistance ( cardinal / fixed energy) realizing that others also exist and are just as important as itself. Understanding  that others, that share similar ideas with some different points of views causing heated confrontations the individual realizes that their points of view are just as valid as its own, these confrontations show the individual how it is limited to its own narrow beliefs or outlook in life in general. This causes the individual to retreat into itself and  after some thought it could integrate and adopt as its own these new points of views. It would need to break away from any thing  that it felt was impeaching its souls discovery, be this society, family or job.
The individual is acknowledging that it is different to be in a group of one, and the alienation it feels towards the society, family and most in general is because it never wants to be integrated again into the consensus world..
The pull to discover out more of itself  is so intense that it will take it towards adventures so as try and find new ways of being in the world as the old no longer seems to resonate to what it now desires, and this desire is stronger than the familiar pattern that it was rooted in.
Once the soul has learnt to feel well with itself and has de-conditioned itself it now knows who it is and who it is not and what it cannot be.
The individual  will liberate itself from the emotional trauma by objectifying and thus becoming detached with the possibility of internalizing the event and working with it for what it really is and move on, understanding that  the trauma was an evolutionary necessity that its soul desired to experience so as to know itself better and in new ways and bring back into the society what it has to give of innovative without fearing to be absorbed in the consensus reality.

In a spiritual stage the soul would desire to know God / Goddess, the Source, through some form of service towards the other, feeling small as it starts to understand how small it really is in comparison to the universe. It could work relentlessly at training some form of physical exercise where it could integrate its life purpose.  Like Yoga, meditation or some martial art would by itself help this individuals have the discipline to continually focus its desire to rid itself of any separating desires  other that to return to the source.
The danger would be that it could feel that it has known God/Goddess and that it now has special powers over others, that these powers come from itself  creative realization(SN Leo first), when speaking to others spreading its message, it will speak as if the power that it thinks it has is from its own merit, giving it personal power and a sense of purpose. Sooner or later there are going to be confrontations with others who will point out its flaws and his soul will have to recognize by the humiliation  and downfall it will endure,  and that these separating desires have to be purged out so as to continue its evolutionary intent which is to work its return towards God/Goddess, the source.
This soul could also present itself as very shy and not desiring at all to be in the lime light, being happy as a second hand player, being alone with self would feel quite comfortable to go in its quest to unite itself to the source by letting go of its separating desires one by one. This could be because its soul has been deeply hurt and traumatized in the past, making it believe that it is safer to be alone.

What is the intended/potential identity development of the soul as a reflection of the souls desire to evolve?

The polarity point  NN being in the 7th house Aquarius, this would show us that this individual is discovering his own identity in relationships through comparison and contrast away from the consensus societal ways. It will seek relationships who can broaden its view of itself in relation to its fear of loss of freedom. As these individuals seek new relationships when their evolution stagnates they will seek people who can help them understand who they are and how others relate to each other, it will not tolerate any person telling them how they have to be as it is leaving behind all the shackles from the past .  It would seek partners who need freedom and are independent thinkers helping it to understand that its fear to commit is just a fear and can be over come. Possibly this individual would like to live in some community for a while away from society.
For evolution to proceed the individual will seek as many different people as it can so as to learn to objectify life situations and itself. This is very important as has been so self focussed in the past and now its evolutionary intent is learning to recognize the other person as an equal to itself. It is learning that there is no need to project its fears onto others, by learning to listen and accept the differences and uniqueness within others. It will also learn to share its creativity without out the fear of loss of position. It will welcome others who are just as creative as itself and acknowledge that others have a right to shine also It will also give to others what they need and not what they do not need or want.
Being in Aquarius it would show us that this person has suffered trauma through others and may now prefer to be alone then to be hurt again. What is the point, sort of attitude. This could show us that there was trauma  to the mental body becoming disconnected in another life, this situation has been brought forward from the past and it is still holding unto it, because its consciousness of time space reality is not there. This will only add to the difficulty this individual has with any conformity. Freedom to be with as many people as it can will be a priority it may adopt the new cultural identities of the people it relates to, new foods, new ways of dressing, new readings that will broaden its views and help it know who it is. Friends, family will be surprised and can see the individual as a chameleon with little or no personality its own, but that would not be the case, as the individual is just trying on suits, to see which fits best its personality of the moment.
This individual would feel the need to be different, there could be a misguided rebellion as it is trying to find its authority within relationships, others and within its society, desiring its uniqueness  to be fully acknowledged by others.
This individual could be extremely innovative,  this creates in the individual fear of the consensus  thinking for being  so different from others, it could have a very personal way of dressing, it would admire eccentricity and individualism  in friends, art, small groups and would probably seek different people to bond with or simply feel comfortable as a group of one. This individual could also be balancing his feminine and masculine side as it engages in different relationships.
It is the need to complete itself through relationships learning about ones identity through comparison and contrast, the secret is to create a balance between the need to complete self through comparison and contrast the need to combine the polarity to create a balance  of the two  so as to create a new identity in which mutual respect, balance and equality is the norm.

The evolutionary intent for this individual is to find the balance, freedom and equality in the relationships it forms,  to integrate its SN in the present moment and the need to be free and independent to pursue its desire and its self creative potential and at the same time, by doing this it integrates the NNode evolutionary intent  for this life which is to decondition and rebel from any traditional or conform to any consensus values, by being its own individual unique self.

The intent to heal Karma relationships would be to stop having co-dependent relationships with others in which the person is not really itself and is no longer confused of who it is in relationship to others. 7th house correlates to all sort of imbalances and extreme behavior in relationships that could have flip-flopped in the past not knowing who it was any more as it adopted others points of views as its own, and possibly projected those needs outside of itself for validation to give it a sense of who it is, possibly creating all the distortions of the extremities.

fruitbat

Hi Ari and everyone,

South Node in Virgo House 8
This soul has developed an identity with the pattern of being of practical service and working in the physical world,  of practicing humility, of  desiring to be worthy and seeking purification or self improvement, of  being self critical and worrying ( potentially feeling  guilt or potential of masochism ), of having discriminatory mental processes, of honing a form of craftsmanship, of organizing details and handling the "fine print" , and of being health conscious. With these Virgoan qualities placed in the eighth house, there is the sense that these are all  qualities which exist outside the self and that this soul must pursue or merge with these same qualities in order to evolve or transcend its current limitations. Feelings of  power and powerlessness will probably be attached to some of the aforementioned themes.  There is the potential for a psychological intensification of these patterns with the house placement. Looking at this South Node placement archetypally, the image of a soul improving itself through some sort of purgatorial process is an image that comes to me. Here are some specific potential expressions for this identity:
-A person who works very hard in order to heal or stave off a sense of guilt.
-A person who seeks power through some form of occult servitude.
-A person who seeks to be pure through celibacy.
-A person who is a sexual slave or servant.
-A person who seeks some form of salvation (underlying this is really a sense of power) through humility or service.
-A person who accepts a menial life of servitude due to not feeling worthy of more.
- A person who works out incessantly or obsesses over their diet in order to have control over the body.
-A person who becomes powerful due to perfecting a craft or skill.
-A person with an eating disorder.
-A person who greatly fears death and worries about death often.
-A person born into a low caste in a socially stratified society who cleans up after others.
- A person who worries about other peoples resources more than his/her own.
- A hospice volunteer.
- A person who feels guilty for other people's issues.
These are just a few specific examples to illustrate some of the multivalent possibilities for the South Node in Virgo in the eighth house placement.
Consensus  A soul in this state would tend to accept consensus ideals around self improvement and would focus on socially accepted forms of work, service and health issues. Honing a craft or skill which is in some way useful to the society at large, acceptance of being a member of "the lower rung" in a class conscious society, etc.
Individuated    A soul in the individuated state would be more and more focused on self improvement or on honing a craft not in relation to any societal convention or need. Here perhaps a soul would be focused on self improvement through learning the craft of being an astrologer, practicing the physical art of yoga, sexual practices, etc.
Spiritual    Here the soul would begin to focus on true humility, spiritual service, and of purifying all separating desires (sexual and otherwise) from the self.

North Node in Pisces House 2  The intended/ potential development for this soul as a reflection of the desire to evolve is to learn spiritual (Pisces) self reliance (House2) which may involve such themes as letting go(Pisces) of the need to be  always practical(Virgo), of  reliance(House 2) on non physical resources(Pisces), of learning the value in dreaming/visioning and of giving things over to God/dess. Ultimately, the goal here is to be in touch with one's inherent value/worth as a child of God/dess and to extend universal compassion(Pisces) to one's own inherent self worth(house2)-a treasure chest of sensitivity and compassion  within. Giving all efforts over to the divine-perhaps heading to the mountaintop and away from the marketplace.
The North Node in this case helps to correct or heal the unresolved karma around the issue that a soul can potentially obtain power infinitely and evolve itself infinitely through desiring to improve itself or purify itself by attaching to ideals or power sources outside of itself. At some point the soul will have to "let go and let God/dess"-here is a  true spiritual treasure. 

Thank you for this learning opportunity. Be well everyone.

ari moshe

Hi Emily,

QuoteSouth Node in Capricorn or the 10th House:

A soul with the South Node in Capricorn has previously been identifying itself with its role in society.  The soul has perhaps been over identified with its career or public life.   The soul could have had a position of power and authority over others.  Or the soul could have been dominated by the authority of another or others.  The prior life identity may be very crystalized in the consciousness of the individual - not that it wouldn't be in other placements, but with capricorn symbolizing the structure of consciousness, the identity has become rigid and maybe overly defined.  The definition could be a situation where the identity has been formed based on the values, norms of the consensus.  The soul may have been working with an identity - creating the kind of life that looks like everyone else's - including the kind of work, the lifestyle, etc.  The soul may be carrying shame about who it is - it could have received judgements and there could have been a repression of the true identity.  Or the soul could have also been very judgmental of others.  The soul could also have been very strongly rooted in an inner sense of authority - being who it is without needing to conform to the consensus.  This placement may be very different for a man or a woman and an exploration of traditional or non-traditional gender roles may have been something the soul was working with and continues to be working with.  This is a placement of the identity being very conditioned by the patriarchy?

In my observation, Capricorn/saturn/10th house almost always has the implication of that in any chart. What's really interesting is, because we are all IN IT and conditioned by patriarchy in nearly every aspect of our lives, it can be very hard to even notice and acknowledge the reality of our conditioning in many respects. That's one of the challenges of the Capricorn archetype. Like how elderly people are

Quote(not that all other positions don't have patriarchal distortions) With the nodes in Capricorn/Cancer a recent gender switch for the soul is a possibility.   Souls with a South Node in Capricorn or the 10th will feel focused and driven in some way to 'succeed'.  What they are basing that success on will be different based on the different evolutionary states and cultural conditioning.  The soul has either put forth the appropriate effort to make itself useful to society or it hasn't.  The soul may have developed talent as a leader.  Or the soul may have neglected its responsibilities.  The soul may also have been identifying with itself with a defeatist attitude.  The soul can be very identified with structures of the past.   There is karma around how the soul was identified with itself and how it operated in society.  The soul may choose to come into a family where it is forced to grow up at a young age or have strong karma with the father or main provider.

Excellent considerations of this archetype!

QuoteConsensus State:

The roles the soul has been identified with will have been very traditional in nature.  The soul would have been very identified with trying to conform to the consensus and to further its ambitions in society.  It may have been striving to attain more material wealth, social status and power, and have used any means necessary to get there.  There may have been depression when its ventures were blocked or failed.  This could symbolize the soul being very identified with a position of power within society.  In the later stages of the consensus state, with some sort of position in politics or business, or some other sort of leader.  The ultimate authority is seen as coming from outside of the individual.

Individuated State:

The soul has begun to desire to shed layers of conditioning.  The soul may have become deeply reflective as it begins to connect with a sense of inner authority that may be at odds with how the consensus says it should be living.  There may be periods of depression when the gap between how the soul has been living and how it inwardly feels becomes very great.  In the second stage the soul can experience not being able to integrate its identity into society - there is a complete rebellion against society.  The soul will begin and eventually will actualize a role in society that is in tune with its uniqueness and the gifts it has to bring to help move society forward.  The soul could have already learned how to do this and have had a very important role in society.  Success may be based on being able to create structures in one's life that reflect the inner essence of who the soul feels itself to be.

Spiritual State:

In this state the identity may have been linked to doing work in the world on behalf of the creator.  It may have been linked to feeling a great responsibility to do the 'right' thing (at any evolutionary stage).  The soul may have been overly identified with a specific spiritual teaching or institution - that was perhaps limiting the evolution of the soul.  The soul may be in the spiritual state but be identified with a consensus religion in a spiritual way.  The soul will feel that God is the ultimate authority and defer to source when needing direction, finding the answers within itself in that way.  The soul has perhaps identified itself with creating structures related to its spirituality and being of service (healing).  In the first stage the soul may not have felt good enough to bring its talents out into the world and may not have developed them sufficiently - or may have developed them but not allowed them to be put to use.  In the second stage this seems like someone who could definitely have been over identified with a role as a spiritual leader or guru of some kind.

North Node in Cancer or the 4th House

Where the identity has become overly conditioned and rigid, the North Node in Cancer is about coming home to oneself.  The soul can evolve by shifting the identity to the inner emotional realm vs. being so focused on its public role.  All of the responsibility and leadership one has potentially already developed can be brought forward but in a way that is more emotionally intelligent.  Any way the identity has limited the processing of emotions needs to be opened up.  This includes touch and nurturing.  Where the soul has perhaps suppressed or shut out certain feelings, the soul now needs to learn how to soften and allow its emotional body to flow.  The soul may need to focus more actively on family life - the identity shifting to being a nurturer (a nurturing provider).  The soul also needs to learn how take care of itself - nurturing itself as well as others on an emotional level.  The soul is learning to take responsibility for its emotions. Where in the past emotions may have seemed scary or too messy or chaotic to deal with they will need to be accessed for evolution to occur.  The soul is not meant to revert its identity to being like a child, but certain aspects that have perhaps become too rigid or serious need to be softened and the person needs to open up their self-image to be more human.  Where the soul may have become bitter or jaded it can grow by seeing things as a child would see them, being in the moment and rediscovering a sense of wonder. 

Bringing the SN with it, the soul will create the structures in its life that support emotional grounding and wellbeing.  The soul can evolve by acknowledging its basic emotional needs and learning to meet them for itself, as well as opening up to others and allowing itself to be vulnerable.  The soul will begin to identify strength with vulnerability.

All beautifully expressed.

QuoteConsensus State:

Basic emotional needs will be met in a consensus way?  Consensus family structures, gender assignments etc.  The soul will need to internalize a sense of security and authority(SN).

Since it is about evolution, the self image will have to change to accommodate for that which the soul otherwise was not able to take in. This may be about relaxing judgement and putting care and nurturing first. Or it may mean life circumstances will at some point invite more vulnerability and emotional intimacy.

QuoteIndividuated State:

The soul can evolve by embracing an identity that is true to who it is on an individuated level.  Breaking free from definitions related to the soul's role in society, the soul will be opening up to how it is different from everyone else.  It will be seeking emotional security even as the identity is shifting to one that may be very different from those around it and thus trigger a feeling of insecurity.  The intention is to find emotional security within - to be oneself and love oneself.

Spiritual State:

In this state the soul will be progressively broadening its identity beyond itself, the ego humbling itself and moving closer and closer to re-merging with source.  Opening up to feelings is essential to evolution, and in this state maybe the soul moves from a more ascetic form of spirituality to one of devotion (not that that is the only path).  The soul has perhaps become too identified with its public role or trying to control its life and needs to come back to itself as a child of God - equal and vulnerable as everyone else on the path. Perhaps someone moving towards a path as a householder. Finding security through connecting to source within.  And learning to see emotions as part of the totality of creation?

Yes all of that is a possibility.

QuoteSouth Node in Cancer or the 4th House

With this placement of the south node the soul has perhaps not been receiving emotional nurturing from the environment - as a child and later in life.  The soul may choose parents who can't meet its emotional needs or who treat it like a child for too long and neglect helping the child mature.  Or the parents may be able to mirror the child very well and support the internalization of the parental role.  If unmet needs of the child are not learned to be met by the individual,  they will be carried into adulthood and projected onto partners, friends, one's own children, etc.  The soul may be used to co-dependent type relationships.  The soul will be a natural nurturer, having been identified with this in the past life.  Family may be very important to the soul and there may be strong karmic ties with the mother, or main nurturer, in particular.  The soul can still be working on anchoring emotional security within itself, learning how to take care of itself.  Or the soul may be good at this, having been thrown back on itself often in the past and learned to internalize a sense of emotional security.  There may be strong emotional imprints from the past - from the childhood in this life, or from the childhood in another life - that the soul is still working to integrate.  In some way the focus on the past life ego is emphasized as the 4th house partly represents the current life identity.  The soul has perhaps been over identified with its emotions and needs to to step back and learn how to navigate the emotional waters without getting swept away in them.  The soul may be fearful of growing up or leaving home - identifying very strongly with home and family - finding safety there and not wanting to leave - perhaps due to loss of family in a past life.  Or the soul may not feel that it has a secure home base in this life.

All well expressed. Another fruitive expression of this would be a soul that is capable of adopting well to various circumstances, has healthy boundaries, knows how to receive and give touch and has the inner maturity and wisdom to abide in the present moment emotional reality and integrate whatever the emotions are saying while not identifying with the emotions them self.

QuoteNorth Node in Capricorn or the 10th House

This symbolizes the need to mature in some way.  The identity needs to shift towards one of self-responsibility and accountability.  The soul needs to build a strong foundation for itself, within and without.  Within, a strong emotional foundation is needed - some structure to contain the emotional body - healthy boundaries and space to hold one's own vulnerability - not to repress it but some sort of form that allows the identity to be more contained and workable.  The potential oversensitivity of the south node placement can benefit from some solid structures in the life.  Definition can lend a sense of security to the soul - without it needing to be excessively rigid definition.  Without, solid foundations can be in the form of actual structures (home etc.) and in the lifestyle that support the soul's comfort and ability to grow. The role the soul plays in society can help pull the person out of themselves, out of the inner emotional focus.  The soul can do work in the world that involves nurturing others and be very good at that.  They can support emotional self sufficiency in others.  The soul can learn to identify as their own parent - taking care of their own inner child, meeting their own needs.  The soul can learn to see its childhood as necessary for learning the lessons it needed to learn.  Somehow the way the soul has been identifying with itself in the past will be restructured.

Another important consideration is time. It takes time, application and patience to re-condition one's behaviors and choices in accordance to what the soul wishes to build for itself.

Thank you for your post Emily. Everything you wrote expresses very clearly the nature of these archetypes linked with the nodes.
With love
Ari moshe

ari moshe

Hi Rita and Mike. Thank you for your posts! I'll be sitting with your posts, as well as anyone else who may post, tomorrow and Wed.
With love
Ari Moshe

Simon

Hi Ari - been so busy at the moment with stuff , that I have not had a chance to do my post. It's okay if I get it to you but Wednesday.

Blessing Simon

Sorry for the delay group.

Katherine

Hi Ari,
I'll be posting soon- no latter than Friday.
(Please don't wait on my behalf.)

Thank you.

God bless,
Katherine