School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

New EA beginners practice thread

Started by ari moshe, Feb 27, 2014, 01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ginogropp1

Hi Wei , i have read that Very high beings who are on the verge of God realization often come into this life in a shielded sate often unaware of their high evolutionary state . And then at some point in  their life's their realization is uncovered by a life incident or another individual. The great Avatar Meher Baba was awakened by the kiss of a perfect master Hasrat Babajan at the age of 16, prior to this is was unaware of his divinity and to himself and others appeared as an ordinary boy .

ari moshe

Hi everyone, here is a basic review of some of the core teachings on the soul and evolution.

Evolution
The evolution of the soul is rooted entirely in the principal of desire. Desire is the core determinant of all of our evolution. Our choices reflect our desires. Thus our own evolution is ultimately marked by way of the choices that we make.

Desire can be directed towards literally anything within manifest creation: we can desire as much as exists - which is infinite.

However nothing which is desired can provide ultimate satisfaction. Literally everything within manifest creation is ephemeral. Evolution is about gradually exhausting all desires for that which is ephemeral until the only desire remaining is the desire for God/Source.

Ego and soul
Ego implies self image, self identity. It describes who we know ourselves to be, and thus the emotional filter through which we integrate and personalize all experiences.

For as long as a soul is incarnated, the ego and the soul cannot be separated from one another. The ego is ALWAYS a reflection of the inner desire nature of the soul. Understanding this is a core principal in EA work.

To exemplify this, consider a soul transitioning into the second stage of the consensus state. Of course this soul would create a specific personality structure that would reflect its desires. There will be a conscious ego personality that may say something like "You gotta work hard to get ahead." Or they might feel embarrassed by their first stage consensus parents etc. All this expresses the nature of their ego which itself is a reflection of the desire vibration within the soul.

To consider another example. Jesus, who was third stage spiritual, was known to refer to himself as "Son of God". That right there describes a soul that is consciously aware of itself as a soul. That was his self image, his ego.

The emotional body is the final step in integrating our experiences. Thus as we evolve from one stage to the next, the thing that shifts is our self image. The inner vibration of the soul always expresses through the human ego.

Asking "Why"
QuoteWherever the CONDITIONS exit, at any moment in time, that facilitate the evolution of the Soul is where it will be born.

Rad once said that in regards to a question of whether evolution can take place on other planets.
Like a magnet, the soul is drawn into the exact conditions that are a completely unfathomably perfect context for exactly what the soul needs for its own ongoing evolution.

In evolutionary astrology one of the main questions that we focus upon is the question "why". If we accept that desire determines the total reality a soul comes into, then we can always ask the question "Why THIS particular reality for THIS particular soul? What kinds of desires have lead to the creation of THIS life?"

The answer to "why?" is always going to point back to the soul, however no context can mean the same thing to any two souls. We have to play "astrological detective" in order to determine the inner soul nature that has lead to the specific circumstances of the incarnation.

Every condition, be it a "challenging one" or an "easy one" serves the purpose of the soul's evolution.

ari moshe

Hi Gino,

QuoteThank you Ari , yes you have answered most of my questions and i will peruse your answers very carefully , one question that does come up immediately thou , is the freedom of choice  that  a particular person has, is this an evolving factor as well. For instance surely the soul in the dimly evolved state , who is perhaps having one of its first human incarnations has less choice and so less freewill available then say someone in a spiritual or even individuating state .

Choice always reflects desire. I'm not sure about thinking of it in terms of "less freewill" or "more freewill." All souls have free will - it's a matter of how it is used and the extent to which it is consciously realized. For example a soul whose consciousness is defined predominately by time and space factors (ie by what it learned in church, by who is is "supposed" to be as deemed by society etc), will only have the capacity to make choices from a relatively narrow scope of possibilities. And of course the natural evolutionary journey of the soul, which is guided by desire, does ultimately lead the way to perceiving and attracting more choice options that the soul may not have resonated with in the past.

And can the measure  of this ability to manifest free will and choice be read and seen by factors in the birth chart or is it like judging a persons evolutionary stage something that can only be best seen when the person is in front of you . And can not be seen by just looking at the chart ?

Not in the natal chart.

QuoteI was also wondering, if their is one factor that can accelerate the souls evolutionary journey more then any other , what would this factor be ?

Desire.

QuoteAnd just one last question. In the glossy , Steve wrote  " We find ourselfs operating from the M.O the same self reality self identity we left with, perhaps in old age in the last go round, in other words, we start exactly where we left off, literally "  This would seem to imply that their is no evolution for the soul in the period between life,s .? This goes against much of the extensive study and reading i have done on the subject , and on the testimonies of several evolved spiritual teachers that i have read .  Who say that an important part of the souls evolution can take place in the period in between incarnations on the earth plane. And that for most souls  an extensive and profound LIFE REVIEW ! takes place after death, and that this in itself exccelerates the evolution of the soul and its level of awareness ?

I can't answer this. If you'd like of course you can ask about this in a different thread.

With love,
Ari Moshe

Simon

Hi Ari -
Just came across the thread now.
Can I please jump in and learn along?
Blessing
Simon

Wei

Thank you Ari and ginogropp1!
Also i wonder if souls can only be attracted(adore) to higher evolutionary state soul,because they feel lack of some quality/talanet/awareness those higher state soul possess which refelect their own desire?Can soul consciously know that they haven't been evolved to that state?
I find myself very confusing.....hope this question make sense.

fruitbat

Hi Ari and everyone,
    I'm very grateful for the time and energy you've put into creating this thread and space for learning, communicating, and sharing . I'd like to ask if each individual soul is always in one clear  cut , well defined evolutionary state or are there transitional stages? Are there seeds of the individual and spiritual states implicitly in the consensus state? And are there any remnants(foundations perhaps?) of the previous two states in the spiritual state? I am asking this because in examining my own soul, which granted can be hard to do with any objective perspective, I feel like I have  some qualities or desires from all three states.
                                      With gratitude,
                                                      Mike

ari moshe

Hi Simon! Absolutely. Anyone can at any time, I just ask that they let me know.

ari moshe

Hi Wei,

QuoteThank you Ari and ginogropp1!
Also I wonder if souls can only be attracted(adore) to higher evolutionary state soul,because they feel lack of some quality/talanet/awareness those higher state soul possess which refelect their own desire?Can soul consciously know that they haven't been evolved to that state?
I find myself very confusing.....hope this question make sense.

Sure, any soul can be attracted to any soul at any evolutionary state for the reasons of being drawn to something that the soul wishes to osmose within their own self. Yes the soul can consciously know they haven't evolved to that state.

With love,
Ari Moshe

ari moshe

Hi Mike,

QuoteHi Ari and everyone,
    I'm very grateful for the time and energy you've put into creating this thread and space for learning, communicating, and sharing . I'd like to ask if each individual soul is always in one clear  cut , well defined evolutionary state or are there transitional stages?

Each evolutionary state is a paradigm into itself; it has it's own worldview and represents a phase of spiritual development. Each stage has a beginning middle and end and then there are the transitions between all the stages.

The analogy of the catepillar's journey from caterpillar to chrysalis to butterfly greatly exemplifies this. There are more than just 3 stages. Each of the 3 stages has within it 3 sub stages. And even that can be divided into more sets of three. For example: There is the beginning phase of a caterpillars life, the middle phase, the final phase and then its transition into the chrysalis. Then there is the beginning phase in the crysallus, the middle phase, the last phase and then it's transition out of the chrysalis into butterfly etc...

QuoteAre there seeds of the individual and spiritual states implicitly in the consensus state?

In the sense that all soul's have within them the natural and ultimate destiny to return Source. The caterpillar contains the potential of butterfly within its very nature.

QuoteAnd are there any remnants(foundations perhaps?) of the previous two states in the spiritual state? I am asking this because in examining my own soul, which granted can be hard to do with any objective perspective, I feel like I have  some qualities or desires from all three states.

As a soul evolves its self identify becomes increasingly less defined by factors of time and space - and more defined by that which is beyond time and space: the soul itself. The soul can appreciate and understand the world view of the evolutionary states it has evolved beyond and can integrate within them but will not be identified with them as what defines who they are. For example a spiritual state soul may find themselves acting as a politician. The inner orientation to that work however might be very different than a consensus soul acting as a politician.

According to each soul's own personal evolutionary and karmic reasons, a soul may choose to engage in something or in a culture that does not reflect its own evolutionary stage. We'd always have to ask "why?" How does this serve the evolutionary needs of this soul? What's the inherent purpose and potential within this?

Lastly, all soul's are "impelled" by 2 antithetical desires: the desire to return to Source and the desire to separate from Source. Any soul at nearly any evolutionary stage can be drawn towards all kinds of desires and can experience many of the same emotions.

Let me know if this answered your question Mike.
With love,
Ari Moshe

ginogropp1

Dear Ari, following your answer to Mike, this brought up a question for me . If advanced spiritual sate people can be functioning in lower states , such as that of a stage 3 consensus politician , this must make it impossible or at least very difficult to judge people in the public domain as far as their true stage of evolution is ?  The life   that they are apparently living may be one that those not reflect their true stage of evolution. Also the complexity of the states of spiritual evolution and  their different layers you say is much more complex then i realized is their anywhere i can read up on this? , could you point me in the right direction, perhaps in the glossary   Would Appreciate clarification with love Gino.

fruitbat

Dear Ari,
          Thank you for answering my questions and yes, your answer has helped me in understanding
           the evolutionary states. The caterpillar/butterfly analogy was particularly helpful. I'm still
           working on wrapping my head around it all-and trying not to overly complicate it at the 
           same time.
                                                   Blessings,
                                                           Mike         

ari moshe

Hi Gino,

QuoteDear Ari, following your answer to Mike, this brought up a question for me . If advanced spiritual sate people can be functioning in lower states , such as that of a stage 3 consensus politician , this must make it impossible or at least very difficult to judge people in the public domain as far as their true stage of evolution is ?  The life  that they are apparently living may be one that those not reflect their true stage of evolution.

First, to clarify: the ONLY thing that determines a soul's evolutionary stage is the nature of their desires. There's no such thing as a job or profession or role being inherently linked to one stage or another. An advanced spiritual stage soul will not function in lower states since the states are not defined by external factors. If a spiritual state soul is involved in politics and is working in a predominately consensus environment (made up mostly of soul's who are at a consensus level of evolution), they will still be a spiritual state soul working in politics.

Second, yes we cannot judge anyone by their appearances alone. This is why in EA we ask the question "why" relative to the choices a person is making so as to determine the underlying soul motivation behind the choices. Yes it is very possible for a soul in one stage to be living a life that does not seem to reflect its actual stage of evolution. There are many reasons why such a thing may happen.

QuoteAlso the complexity of the states of spiritual evolution and  their different layers you say is much more complex then i realized is their anywhere i can read up on this? , could you point me in the right direction, perhaps in the glossary   Would Appreciate clarification with love Gino.

One suggestion is to think about how for anyone there is a natural process that occurs whenever the individual is going through a period of inner change. First there is a particular self image and world view. This self image reflects the individual's inner psychological soul reality. Then there is a transitional time when that self image starts to break down. At this time the old is starting to fall away and the existing self image gets deconstructed; desires that were previously unconscious and a core motivator for the human ego are now getting exhausted. This might be cataclysmic or a more gentle process. Then, AFTER the period of deconstruction, a new self conception begins to emerge. At that point, all kinds of new desires, potentials and realizations become available which then sets the stage for a new journey of soul evolution: new desires, new self image, new sense of purpose.

Each cycle of soul expansion and growth will maximize at some point. It will reach a natural limit and at some point the soul will begin to go within again to break down the existing identity.

This is how the soul's evolutionary journey takes place. We can divide each of the three subdivisions that occur in each of the evolutionary stages (i.e. first stage individuated, second stage individuated etc) into further substages because each subdivision has a beginning, middle and end. And then there is the transitional phase between all the subdivisions. These are natural cycles of compression and expansion that occur EVERYWHERE in nature as well as within our own consciousness.

Jeff Green has described this as the natural cycle of involution and evolution. Growth and expansion followed by a going within, releasing, deconstructing, followed by a new growth and expansion etc...

In terms of more reading material on this, you may want to look up "involusion" in the glossary or the mb to read more about that principal as I know it's been discussed here before. You may also wish to re-read the EA article on "the essence of ea" http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/school/essence-of-ea/evolution as there is a lot of depth and core truths in that article.

Otherwise, allow yourself some more time to be with/ reflect upon this and if you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

With love,
Ari Moshe

Katherine

Hi Ari,
I just saw this thread. You're on fire! Thanks for creating (yet) another opportunity to learn. 
Can I participate?

God bless,
Katherine

ari moshe

Hi Katherine, of course!

Everyone, we are now going to move on to examine Pluto in depth. The first thing we'll do is review the core EA teachings on Pluto: what it symbolizes and the 4 ways the soul affects its evolutionary intentions as symbolized by natal Pluto. You can review this in the Pluto book as well as through Deva's article here: http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/school/articles/4-ways
I'll post more on this tomorrow as well.

With love,
Ari Moshe

ari moshe

Hi everyone,

Here are some perspectives on Pluto. Desire is the root cause behind the total reality of the lives that we are living. If we play astrological detective, or just soul detective, everything can be traced back to desire.

Take Jo for example:
In the current life Jo spent the first part of his life seeking freedom from the perceived constraints of the physical world, gravitating to ashrams and spiritual retreat centers. Though each time he would enter into another spiritual community, he would find that it was just another dogma, another system outside of himself. He is exhausting that desire; it is no longer relevant to his evolution.

In previous lives Jo has desired to be free from possessions, the bounds of family or anything that would "weigh" him down. As a result he oriented towards spiritual beliefs that served the kind of life he wanted to live. Like all choices, his choices initiated a journey of action and reaction which progressively lead to more and more self awareness...

Which lead him to the current life. At some point in this life Jo realized that perpetuating the desire to retreat from the world to pursue his spirituality would become an impediment to his own evolution.

In this life Jo may initially try to re-create the past, and yet over time he lets go of that. At some point Jo begins to consciously realize new desires, such as the desire to live the spiritual life of a householder: to integrate his mundane life with his spirituality. This then sets him on a completely new evolutionary cycle.

I share this to exemplify the natural process of evolution. Desire sets the stage for the entirety of the life that we come into. When we understand the inner desires of the soul, we can understand the kind of life and choices that are being made.

Evolutionary necessity
We come into this life to evolve. And we are completely held by God in this process - we have free will.  However evolutionary necessity is a simple and natural principal that implies in part that everything is impermanent. Change HAS to happen. Thus it is possible to co-operate with the force of Evolution, or to resist it.

Resistance can happen at any stage in the journey, whether it is time to let go of something or time to embrace something new. To go back to the caterpillar butterfly metaphor. Imagine a Caterpillar that is resisting it's natural inner destiny to create the chrysalis? "I'm afraid of dying, I don't want to let go. I need these leaves. If I go inside I won't have anything to eat etc..." This resistance is rooted in what? Need to maintain security which itself implies attachment to what is known, safe and familiar.

All forms have limitation, and thus whatever we desire - while we might get it, it cannot be sustained forever. If we do not let go, if we do not cooperate with the natural law of evolution, then evolutionary necessity forces us to let go, whether or not we feel ready for it. This is what Jeff Green describes as cataclysmic evolution. There are 2 kinds of cataclysmic evolution:

1. An experience or period of time wherein events occur that are psychologically cataclysmic to the soul. The soul may or may not understand the "why" behind these events. In other words, relative to the psychology of resistance, a soul may or may not be able to integrate what had occurred and make the necessary changes. One of the roles of an EA astrologer is to provide soul perspective to a soul that is going through cataclysmic changes: to help them understand the possibility for growth that these changes are inviting. Sometimes we naturally need to allow for a period of time of inner letting go and releasing before new choices can be made. This again reflects the natural law of involution which always proceeds evolution.

2. A process wherein an inner psychological dynamic begins to gnaw from within to the point where this inner dynamic becomes all consuming to the soul's awareness. As that happens energy and attention becomes incredibly focused to the point that it becomes increasingly difficult to be available for anything else in life. This can be experienced as a deep inner stagnation based on the inability to make a change, or the persistence of a certain addiction, dynamic, relationship pattern and the lack of awareness as to "why" it is happening, and "how" to get out of it. Eventually the inner vibration of emotional stagnation and non growth gets strong enough that it propels the soul to make a change. Jeff Green describes this as the eruption of a volcano that's been brewing for a while.

Then there are non cataclysmic forms of Evolution. These are more gentle and uniform. There are two kinds:
1. Sometimes there is an evolutionary calling to make a choice, to go out and do something bold, communicate something, apply for a new job, ask someone out. These can all be desires that support evolution: the soul becoming that which it was previously not. Sometimes we naturally arrive at a point where we are finally able to make a change. "That's it, I'm building a chrysalis, no more dallying around. Nothing else is important to me. I'm ready to let go." or "Ok, I'm going to push against these walls with my wings. I don't know what's out there, but the only thing I want to do at this point is move forward." It's the ability to make some sort of choice that is relevant to the soul's evolution at that time. This choice then opens the door to many new possibilities and potentials.

4. Slow and progressive evolution. We all osmose what we choose to expose ourselves to. Be it a teacher, a field of study, a style of music, a particular actor whose movies we are obsessed with etc. There doesn't need to be any strong and intense craving or aversions going on - simply all that we are drawn to we are drawn to because it symbolizes something that we feel we do not have. Eventually we do osmose that which is "outside" and become one with it. Gradually a process of evolution occurs.

Force and manipulation
One of the main principals of evolution is knowing when to let go. We cannot successfully manipulate to get what we want all the time. However we can try, and to do so it becomes necessary to use MORE force in order to actualize our desires. When evolutionary necessity does not support the perpetuation of whatever desires we are pursuing, then usually life experiences will become more cataclysmic. Generally the evolutionary purpose behind cataclysm is to enforce a period of internalization during which we cease the excessive attempt to control and maintain what cannot be controlled and maintained. The internalization has the potential to lead to deeper reflection: "Why did this happen? What can I do about this now? Why am I here etc?" However it is very possible for a soul to in fact feel victimized and resentful when life gets challenging.

Victimization can lead to the psychology of revenge and further self interest as the soul decides to do whatever it can do to get what it wants. If the desire is strong enough, then the soul can in fact muster up the energy to the point of attraction to get what it wants - but ONLY TO A POINT. Again all things end and all things in creation have a natural limitation. For a soul to perpetually resist the strong pull of evolution it requires that they perpetually develop the psychology of victimization and resentment relative to that which it cannot control (I.E. God). Our choices create a grove in the record, and thus choices made towards separation require GREATER cataclysmic events to shake the soul out of it's pattern of resistance. If these cataclysmic events are perpetually resisted it implies the perpetual use of more force etc...
Force and manipulation can become chronic psychological state at a certain point.

Natal Pluto
The natal position of Pluto represents the kinds of desires the soul has had in the past that has lead to this life. Inherent in Pluto, by house sign and aspects, is a long and deep process of generating and exhausting desires. Cycle after cycle...

Here are some things that Pluto symbolizes:
Pluto can symbolize where a soul IS empowered from within: where a soul has already developed or is developing a strong ability to take responsibility for their own inner dynamics and thus the capacity for empowered choice making. It represents where a soul may have an ability to help/empower other souls to understand and cooperate with their own evolutionary dynamics. Pluto can represent the psychology of cooperation which allows a soul to fully embrace and move towards what is necessary for their own evolution, and to fully let go and walk away from what is no longer relevant to their evolution.

Pluto will also represent the deepest resistance to evolution rooted in attachment to what is safe known and familiar.

Lastly, remember there are essentially two kinds of desires: desires that support evolution, desires that do not. Desires are navigated and actualized through choice making. That is the practical essence of what Pluto is all about.

Please feel free to ask question or share anything that you feel will be helpful for you in integrating the EA teachings on Pluto more fully. After this we'll review the Pluto polarity point!

With love,
Ari Moshe