Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Natural Law of Life and Death - Retraction Principle of the Manifested Creation  (Read 507 times)
Linda
Most Active Member

« on: Apr 17, 2014, 06:09 PM »

Hi Rad and members,

A friend recently sent me this quote, and asked, "Is this the Universal Laws (Natural Laws) you speak of Linda?"

Quote from the book, Femininity Lost and Regained, by Robert A. Johnson:

"As westerners, we have yet to learn that every action sets off a counter action at the opposite end of the scale.....A high cultural achievement will engender a corresponding darkness. A creation sets in motion a corresponding destruction. The cultural or creative act can be maintained if it's corresponding opposite is honoured and given equal consciousness. WE ARE SO ABYSMALLY UNAWARE OF THIS LAW THAT WE HAVE NO ADEQUATE LANGUAGE FOR IT.  How can you say that you must destroy as much as you create without sounding as if you were denying the whole cultural process? To create without paying tribute to destruction is as impossible as attempting to breathe in without breathing out...."

Exactly what does this mean, "Every action sets off a counter action at the opposite end of the scale" ?

Thanks so much!

Love,

Linda
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2014, 01:13 AM by Linda » Logged
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2014, 05:16 AM »

Hi Linda,

"Exactly what does this mean, "Every action sets off a counter action at the opposite end of the scale" ?"

This simply means that every ACTION has a PROPORTIONATE REACTION. Natural Law.

God Bless, Rad
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2014, 03:34 PM »

Thanks Rad, but I still don't understand it.

Is every action having a proportionate reaction evident in Natural Law?

Could you please give me an example?

Thanks.

Love,

Linda
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20, 2014, 12:08 PM »

Thanks Rad, but I still don't understand it.

Is every action having a proportionate reaction evident in Natural Law?

Could you please give me an example?

Thanks.

Love,

Linda

Hi Linda,

If I stretch out a rubber band to it's maximum before breaking, and then let it go the reaction to the initiated action of the stretching will be of the same strength, or close to it, as it took to stretch it to it's maximum. If I take the same rubber band and stretch it only out to only half of what is possible relative to the maximum stretch, then when I let it go the reaction will be proportionate to how much energy it took to stretch it to only only that far. When I let it go the reaction will mirror that.

If I decide to walk out my door and shoot somebody for the fun of it then it is just as possible for someone that I did not see to shoot me in reaction to what I just did. If not right away, then down the line at some point.

Make sense now ?

God Bless, Rad
Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Apr 20, 2014, 12:50 PM »

Hi Linda

I was reminded of something Jeffrey said many times - 'All evolution is preceded by involution'.  Involution means existing forms go out of form - must be destroyed.  Then new forms can come forth.   Every new evolution contains within itself the seeds of its own eventual involution, to be replaced by yet another evolution.  This is just how life works, which is validated by our endless life experiences.

In creating something new, we are effectively destroying something old.  Every book sold on Amazon is one less book sold in the existing form we call a local bookstore.  This global change in how books are sold causes local book stores to have to evolve - mutate - to survive in these new conditions.  Many who try to stay the same wind up closing down.  We can have opinions on whether this global change is good or bad (it might be both at the same time) but regardless, once something new is set in motion there is no stopping the consequences.  We can't go backwards. And change inevitably results in the destruction of some of what has been before.

Steve

Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2014, 05:21 PM »

Hi Rad,

Yes, thanks so much... it does make sense now.

Could we also say that each "separating" desire is followed eventually by a "returning" desire?

Is that the same Natural Law (or Universal Law) in action?

Love,

Linda
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2014, 05:43 PM »

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your explanation.

In terms of EA, both Evolution and Involution (and birth and death) correlate to Pluto/Scorpio, the bottom line. 

If "action" or birth correlates to Aries, then the inconjunct to Scorpio would describe the crisis of death.

If an equal and opposite reaction to an action takes place, would that then not refer to Libra (opposite of Mars) in some way?

I'm just trying to understand all of this in terms of astrology.

Love,

Linda

Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #7 on: Apr 21, 2014, 02:25 PM »

Hi Linda

I'm not sure of the answer to your question, in terms of correlation with signs as you are asking about.  To me its an intrinsic principle that is inherent in all signs/planets, in that everything is evolving towards its polarity.  Taurus to Scorpio, Gemini to Sag, etc.  We also have the planetary nodes.  The south node of Mars is the past Mars.  The current Mars is the present life Mars, which in the present life is evolving towards its polarity.  The north node of Mars is the future Mars.  The current life Mars represents the current expression of what has come before.  It evolves towards its polarity.  That is the current life conscious expression of the deeper long term movements of Mars towards its north node.

It also brings to mind the cycle of phases and aspects.  Everything begins in seed form at the new phase conjunction.  That conjunction contains all that has come before it, yet it is also a new beginning.  At the other end, we have the balsamic phase conjunction, which is the very end of a whole cycle of becoming, that which is approaching going out of form.  Which is shortly followed by the new phase conjunction, new things/attitudes/behaviors coming into form.

That is what comes to me as my response to your question.   yes, Pluto/Scorpio symbolizes the death-rebirth process.
Steve

Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2014, 02:39 PM »

Thanks Steve....

I really like your answer that this principle is inherent in all signs and planets as they are all evolving toward their polarities.

Love,

Linda
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: