Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scientific Discovery of Saturn  (Read 1043 times)
Lesley

« on: Oct 07, 2009, 07:53 AM »

Hi everyone,

Plug this into the right brain and see if it doesn't make so much intuitive sense!: Scientists have found an almost invisible ring around Saturn and its moons -- a ring around the other rings!

Here is a link to the NASA article, which includes an amazing visual of what we now know of the Saturnine system:

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/spitzer/news/spitzer-20091006.html#

And here is a quick summary of the article's contents:

"NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope has discovered an enormous ring around Saturn -- by far the largest of the giant planet's many rings. The new belt lies at the far reaches of the Saturnian system, with an orbit tilted 27 degrees from the main ring plane. The bulk of its material starts about six million kilometers (3.7 million miles) away from the planet and extends outward roughly another 12 million kilometers (7.4 million miles). Saturn's newest halo is thick, too -- its vertical height is about 20 times the diameter of the planet.

"This is one supersized ring," said Anne Verbiscer, an astronomer at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville.

The ring itself is tenuous, made up of a thin array of ice and dust particles. Spitzer's infrared eyes were able to spot the glow of the band's cool dust."

I think of this relative to Saturn's rulership of the outer layer of the root chakra...and in terms of the fortification Saturn affords when its energy is deliberately and carefully used.

(I'm such a science nerd at heart!...) But I love what these 'discoveries' tell us about the nature, and the energy, of the planets we study every day.

Love and blessings to all,
Lesley
seesaw

« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2009, 01:40 PM »

Hi Lesley,

How specifically does someone use the energy of saturn to fortify the outer layer of the root chakra?  Smiley
In ways that fit me especially?   Huh

Seesaw 
Lesley

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2009, 04:04 PM »

Hi Seesaw,

I'm sure others will chime in here as well, but I was likening the 'new' ring around the Saturnine system to the 'ring' around the root chakra, its outermost layer, which renders access to kundalini very difficult (if not impossible?) for those not on a spiritual path, or at a certain stage of evolution. (Uranus rules the middle layer of this chakra, and Pluto, at the center, is the seat of kundalini in the human body.)

In terms of using the energy of Saturn: part of the Saturn archetype is fortification, stability, form, solidity. As such, Saturn by natal placement and aspects describes the individual, unique, and personal reality for any Soul. Breaking up the patterns we've created through our separating desires, and have since come to depend on for consistency within the self (Cancer polarity to Capricorn) can be very, very difficult; the 'new' ring around Saturn seemed to underscore that point for me. But if and when our personal reality is progressively based upon God, we evolve, and access to the inner layers of the root chakra becomes possible.

I hope this clarifies my earlier post at least a little...I apologize for the "stream of consciousness" character of the post!

Love and blessings,
Lesley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video