School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Asteroid Skipped Step

Started by Emily, Jul 14, 2014, 06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily

Hello,

If a chart has a skipped step of only an asteroid (Pallas for example) is it treated the same as if it was a planet? So if the asteroid is applying to the South Node, to focus on the south node and its ruler?

Thank you for any feedback, and apologies if this has already been addressed here. (I just saw the post on Chiron and the nodes and see that it is perhaps an issue of which ones to 'count' and which not). I see Vesta, Ceres, Pallas and Juno often used and wonder if they are read with equal power as a planet as a skipped step.

Blessings,
Emily

Rad

Quote from: Emily on Jul 14, 2014, 06:00 PM
Hello,

If a chart has a skipped step of only an asteroid (Pallas for example) is it treated the same as if it was a planet? So if the asteroid is applying to the South Node, to focus on the south node and its ruler?

Thank you for any feedback, and apologies if this has already been addressed here. (I just saw the post on Chiron and the nodes and see that it is perhaps an issue of which ones to 'count' and which not). I see Vesta, Ceres, Pallas and Juno often used and wonder if they are read with equal power as a planet as a skipped step.

Blessings,
Emily

Hi Emily,

If you choose to use an asteroid that is squaring the Nodes of the Moon as a 'skipped step' then the normal rules of of understanding it are then applied. When a planet or an asteroid square the Nodes then this means that both those Nodes, and the planetary rulers of each by their own house locations, and aspects to them by other planets, have been acted upon by the Soul without either being fully actualized relative to the Soul's intent: skipped steps. Thus, to recover such skipped steps it is  necessary to determine which of those Nodes last formed a conjunction to the planet or asteroid that is squaring those Nodes. The house and sign location of that Nodes, it's planetary ruler, and the aspects being made to it then serve as the vehicle through which the Soul intends to recover that skipped step by consistently focusing on it in such a way that the other Node, it's location by house and sign, and the aspects being made to it can then be given a consistent way to integrate the archetypes inherent to it. In other words, no more flip flopping between both Nodes.

God Bless, Rad

Emily