School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Agoraphobia

Started by cat777, Feb 19, 2015, 11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cat777

Hi Rad,

I'm working on a chart for someone and one of the few details I was given is that she suffers from Agoraphobia.  Can you please give me some ideas about what I should be look at? Saturn (fear and boundaries)?

Thanks
cat

Rad

Hi Cat,

The first thing to try to determine is what the underlying unresolved traumas have been that are the causative determinants for Agoraphobia. Thus, do a careful analysis of all the Uranian signatures in the birth chart: the the sign on the 11th, planets in this house, aspects to those planets, the location of the planetary ruler of the 11th with aspects to them, where Aquarius is by house, the location of it's planetary ruler Uranus by house, sign, and aspects, and the S.Node of Uranus itself with aspects to that.

The specific condition for Agoraphobia correlates with Neptune, Pisces, and the 12th House for it is a form, manifestation, of dynamics that correlate with panic. So a careful understanding of all the 12th House, Neptune, correlations like with Uranus must occur.

If you wish, feel free to post the chart here if you like some help with this.

God Bless, Rad

cat777

Hi rad,

Thank you for the help. As I find time I will put my impressions together and then take you up on your kind offer! 

Thank you
cat

cat777

Hi Rad,

Sorry it took so long. Finding time to work on this has been a challenge lately. This is what I have so far. I am kind of stuck in relation to the neptune part. It may be because I am tired or maybe because I don't want to take another two weeks trying to get it together :-)  Here is what I have so far:

Karmic Axis: Pluto conjunct Sun/Jupiter/Saturn in Libra in the 9th House and Mercury in Scorpio in the 10th House. Pluto is sextile Neptune in Sagittarius in the 12th House and square the lunar nodes. The South Node is in Capricorn in the 1st House ruled by Saturn in Libra in the 9th House. The North Node is in Cancer in the 7th House ruled by the Moon in Aquarius in the 2nd House.

The soul's past intention and desire has been to expand it's consciousness in metaphysical or philosophic terms by forming relationships with a diversity of other people. Through these relationships, the soul has been learning to listen to others as well as compare and contrast its existing opinions and beliefs with those of other people. The soul is unconsciously aware of natural law and has been developing a more conscious awareness of these laws  as it outgrows its existing beliefs which are a reflection of those of the status quo and are very patriarchal in nature.

Pluto is square the nodes which is an indication of skipped steps. The soul has been working on issues related to both the north and the south nodes in the past, flip flopping back and forth between expressing one and then the other. At the same time the soul has skipped a critical step in its evolution which is symbolized by Pluto and described above. In order to recover this slipped step and continue to evolve, the soul must first re-experience or re-live certain core dynamics of the past that have been creating blocks and preventing growth.

The soul has lived lives in the past in which it has found itself homeless and alone due to acts of war and/or violence which have caused it to be separated from its home and family. For the most part, these acts of violence have occurred due to the soul's religious beliefs or those of its family or the society it was part of. This isolation from its roots and its clan has created feelings of rage and anger within the soul as well as feelings of paranoia. It is likely that in some lifetimes, these experiences occurred when the soul was a mere child. These past life experiences have left emotional imprints and scars on the soul resulting in feelings of helplessness, neglect, fear and paranoia. The soul has had to learn to use itself as a resource in order to survive in these past lifetimes in which it often had to live in poverty and possibly starve to death. As a result of this past life trauma the soul has shutdown to some degree and learned to suppress its emotions. In this life the soul may tend towards co-dependent relationships and depending on others in order to feel safe and secure.

In addition to developing very co-dependent relationships with others in this life, the soul suffers from agoraphobia which is an anxiety disorder "characterized by anxiety in situations where the sufferer perceives certain environments as dangerous or uncomfortable, often due to the environment's vast openness or crowdedness. These situations include wide-open spaces."

In order to understand why the soul suffers from agoraphobia in its current incarnation we must take a look at the underlying unresolved trauma the soul has experienced in the past. As we have seen, Pluto is conjunct the Sun, Jupiter and Saturn in Libra in the 9th House telling us that the soul, its family and the society it was part of have all been judged according to their religious beliefs in the past, as well as punished for having such beliefs.

Scorpio is on the 11th House cusp ruled by Pluto which is conjunct Sun/Jupiter/Saturn in Libra in the 9th House and Mercury in Scorpio in the 10th House. Pluto is sextile Neptune in Sagittarius in the 12th House and square the lunar nodes. This tells us that this past life trauma is directly  related to the soul's incomplete past life intentions and desires.

Scorpio on the 11th House is an indication that the soul has experienced some form of psychological or sexual abuse, loss, abandonment or betrayal at the hands of an intimate partner or members of its tribe or community in the past. This experience may have been real or imagined. In either case it is real to the soul and has left a psychological imprint upon the soul.

Aquarius is on the 2nd House cusp ruled by Uranus which is conjunct Venus in Scorpio in the 11th House  square Mars in Leo in the 8th House; semi-square Saturn/Sun in Libra in the 9th House. This is an indication that there is underlying trauma due to major upheaval in the soul's past which affected its material resources as well as its means of sustaining itself. This upheaval caused the soul a great deal of mental suffering. It is possible that the soul had to turn to prostitution in order to sustain itself at some point in its past. In doing so, the soul experienced trauma due to being forced to live a life that was not a reflection of its true nature or self and may have been at odds with its values. The soul also suffers from being different than the mainstream or status quo in someway in the past. The soul may have been criticized or persecuted because of this difference or because of the way it was forced to make a living. Again, it is very likely that the soul was betrayed or abandoned by someone it was involved in an intimate or other type of close relationship with. This of course being a form of emotional trauma.

Uranus and Venus in Scorpio in the 11th House are opposition Chiron which is ruled by Venus. In addition, Chiron is part of a yod along with  Neptune in Sagittarius in the 12th House and Pluto in Libra in the 9th House.  Here we have trauma and wounding related to betrayal, abandonment,  and isolation through one's relationships with ones group or "tribe" resulting in feelings of helplessness, loss, alienation and guilt. This in turn leading to suffering and disillusionment. Again all due to the soul's religious beliefs and values.

The specific condition for Agoraphobia correlates with Neptune, Pisces, and the 12th House for it is a form, manifestation, of dynamics that correlate with panic. Pisces is on the 3rd House cusp ruled by Neptune in Sagittarius in the 12th House trine mars in Leo in the 8th House and sextile Jupiter in Libra in the 9th House.

This is where I am kind of stuck. I'm not really sure how to interprete this other than beginning with a tendency to panic related  to speaking, communicating with others and traveling.

Thank you for your help!!!

cat

Rad

Hi Cat,

So far your work / understanding of this is very good. It is the underlying intensity/ brutality of certain events caused by what you have understood/ presented so far that generates the fear of being 'exposed'. It is this exposure fear that is the root of this agoraphobic condition. See how far you can go in determining the nature of those intense and brutal events that happened to her and her family, and others like her/ family.

God Bless, Rad

cat777

Hi Rad,

Thank you for the feedback. It's always good to know if I am on the right track or not. I will keep chipping away at this as time permits and hopefully add an update soon.

Thanks again,
cat