School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

egocentric structure - moon; ego- earth

Started by Elen, May 12, 2010, 06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elen

Hi Everyone,

I have been (very) slowly reading Deva's book and had a ?.  In talking about the Soul's individualizing aspect (see pp 12-3 of her book), she talks about the egocentric structure as the Moon.  Down the page, she equates (if I'm reading correctly) the ego and earth (the earth=egocentric perspective).  This made me wonder a couple things:

1) Is there a difference between the egocentric structure vs. the ego?

2) Can we gain more information about the ego (egocentric perspective) by looking at the placement of the Earth in the chart (this is opposite the Sun, yes?).  With regard to my own chart, this actually would shed light on some things for me?  Could the Earth's placement be where a.) we fail to understand ourselves as part of a larger organic whole (and also where we need to develop this consciousness) and b) where we orient selfishly, failing to "remember" that we are here to be of service to others...?

Hope this makes sense.  Thanks for any responses.  And thanks, everyone, for the incredible questions and discussions on the other posts.  I have nothing to add at the moment but I feel much of what others are describing.

Ellen

Deva

Hi Ellen, thanks for posting this question. What I intended to say in the book is about the center of gravity within consciousness, and whether it is centered in the ego or the Soul of any individual. The wave upon the Sea analogy is used to illustrate the difference in perception that this will create. If the center of gravity of consciousness is in the wave then the person will experience themselves as separate from the Sea (as a separate entity).  If the center of gravity within consciousness is centered in the Sea, then the person will understand that he or she is a reflection, or aspect, of the universal Source yet can simultaneously experience his or her personal indentity.
      The comment about earth is meant to say that for the majority of people living on earth the center of gravity of consciousness is centered in the ego, or the egocentric "I".  In the astral planes which we go to after life on earth the ego dissolves into the Soul in which a way that the center of gravity within consciousness is in the Soul itself. The point of spiritual life in is to shift the center of gravity from the ego to the Soul itself over progressive incarnations. The ego is a necessary integration function within consciousness (without it we can not speak our own names). It acts a lens on the movie projector (without the lens we would just have diffuse images of light).  The point again, is where consciousness is centered in any individual (The Soul or the ego). The water triad of the Zodiac (Cancer/Scorpio/Pisces) reflects the metamorphosis (Scorpio) of the egocentric structure (cancer) through union with the Creator (Pisces). The natal moon (by house and sign position) will describe the specific egocentric structure of any Soul. Hope this helps, and please let me know if anything I have written is unclear.
Deva   

Elen

Hi Deva,
Thanks so much for your reply.  Yes, what you wrote seems clear to me and also what you wrote in your book (though I really had to think about it & in general EA).But what you wrote made me wonder BEYOND what you wrote (& I see that I did a poor job of articulating my ?).  I will try to restate it & it is fine with me if you or others don't have an answer for me, but it arose out of a glimmer of understanding I felt I  could see in my own chart in pursuing the direction I was going in... I hope this makes sense..

1) Is there a difference between egocentric STRUCTURE vs. egocentric PERSPECTIVE?  I`m thinking there is.  STRUCTURE is just the lens, and this is essential to the individualizing aspect of Soul.  PERSPECTIVE is the IDENTIFICATION with the ego, which is errroneous....  ?

2) If the Earth is a place where most people are oriented to ego (have an egocentric PERSPECTIVE), can we make the correlation, astrologically, of Earth - egocentric PERSPECTIVE (given this kali yuga we are in)-to be cont.

Elen

[These words in brackets are an addition: the Moon/Cancer/4th house, then, = egocentric STRUCTURE]

I am not seeking a chart reading, but to illustrate my ? I have:
Pluto/Uranus/Virgo/retro/12th
SN/Cap/4th
NN/Cancer/10th
Moon/Taurus/8th
Saturn/Aquarius/5th (sq Moon-Neptune)
Jupiter/Aries/7th (sq nodes)
Sun/Cap/4th (thus Earth/Cancer/10th)
Mars conj Merc (retro)/Cap/4th
to be cont

Elen

So in my chart, egocentric STRUCTURE is denoted by Moon/Taurus/8th, its aspects & ruler.  Also, 4th house (which is loaded), its ruler Sag), planets in house, ruler, aspects.  Skipped steps signalled by Jup suggests relationhip to ego STRUCTURE is at issue. Saturn sq Moon suggests challenge to ego structure (from human developmental standpoint).  Might we then look at the location of the Earth in the chart to consider where the error of egocenntric PERSPECTIVE lies, ITS conditions & causes, as a way of understanding, or getting more insight into, the more specific nature of the skipped steps (ie, exactly WHERE) the error of egocentric PERSPECTIVE occurs? So, 10th house Earth indicates public sphere as specific arena where identity is with wave, not water, & thus a specific area to zero in on re: skipped steps/ challeng to ego structure. I hope this makes sense.
Ellen
What I`m wondering is if, given this situatio