School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

AC/DC; MC/IC

Started by Tory, Apr 24, 2012, 03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tory

Dear One and All,
Could anybody direct me to where on the message board i could find info on the what the AC/DC; MC/IC represent in EA ? (or simply in astrology in general if necessary) it would be most appreciated. Many thanks.
Tory

Linda

Hi Tory,

AC - DC - MC - IC
https://forum.schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/index.php/topic,124.msg1365.html#msg1365

You can quickly find the information you need by using the "Search" function in the top menu.

Thanks,

Linda

Tory

Many thanks Linda, Yes i tried the Search function but i wasn't able to find specific info on how to read these 4 angles!

One more question: Planets transiting the 4 angles are to be interpreted in same way?

Much Light and Respect

Tory

Linda

Hi Tory,

The best I can suggest is that you get a copy of Jeffrey Wolf Green's, Pluto Volume I, The Evolutionary Journey of the Soul, and read the chapter on 'Transits.'  You can also read the relevant chapters on 'Pluto through the Houses' to get an understanding of the primary archetypes and themes of those houses.

Transits

--  Transits symbolize critical times from an evolutionary point of view where the core lessons in the natal chart are emphasized to be resolved, and growth is intended to occur in an accelerated/intensified manner. The specific transit will of course reflect the core dynamics to be worked upon. (Deva)

--  To understand any planetary transit, is to understand what the issues and dynamics are for the natal planet in question. Within that to understand the planet's relationship to the rest of the birth chart from an evolutionary point of view. Why is the planet in this or that house, this or that sign, this or that aspect, etc?  In this understanding make sure to include the natal planetary nodes of the planet you are considering. Once the totality of this understanding from a natal point of view is understood then the current position of the transit of that planet correlates to how all those issues and dynamics are being worked through by the house and sign that the planet in question is moving through. (Rad)

--  Transits need to be compared to the bigger picture of the natal chart.  Transits relate to the details within that.  You always start with Pluto, the Soul, by house and sign, then the Nodes and their rulers.

Pluto crossing the Ascendant (Steve)
https://forum.schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/index.php/topic,378.msg6194.html#msg6194

Transits (Deva)
https://forum.schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/index.php/topic,425.msg6975.html#msg6975

Any planet crossing any angle (cardinal) is going to have a strong effect as a natural gateway to initiate action and change.

Thanks,

Linda

Rad

Hi Tory,

Deva Green will be lecturing on this topic at the next JWG EA conference.

God Bless, Rad

Deva

Hi Troy, thanks for posting your question about the AC-DC, MC, IC. In order to understand what these specific symbols mean we must first understand the nature of the cardinal archetypes. (1st/7th, 4th/10th houses). Lets starts with the AC/DC first. In a general sense, the AC-DC will reflect how we project ourselves to others consciously ( DC/7th house) and how we instinctualy  express ourselves within the environment (AC/1st house). It is important to understand that how others see us based on that instinctual expression is not always how we see ourselves. This is because this instinctual response is not a conscious action on our part. On the other hand the conscious projection of ourselves towards others (DC 7th house) is based on the instinctual nature of the AC/1st house.
     The example the JWG gives of a person with Scorpio on the AC and Taurus on the DC helped clarify this for me. In this example, when a person with this AC/DC comes into the room they sit in the very back and do not speak to anyone. The point within this is that Taurus DC is projecting a persona of being self-contained and inwardly secure and stable to "offset" fears of abandonment, betrayal and loss reflected in the Scorpio AC. The instinctual expression of the Scorpio AC is often perceived as "intense" although the person does not see themselves in this light. 
    The IC/4th house reflects the persons' self-image and emotional responses/orientation to the environment. The MC/10th reflects how the person is going to express their personal authority in society and also the nature of the current cultural conditioning upon the self-image (IC/4th house).  Lets put Pisces in the 4th house cusp to follow through with this example. The person is going to have an innate sensitivity to the environment and to the emotions of others. Yet, if that person is a man who grew up in a conventional environment where this sensitivity was not understood or nurtured how will that person react to these emotions/self-image based on current cultural conditioning? Will he be able to inwardly relate to the traditional "Marblo man" image? No. However,  relative to the AC/DC the person would typically try to appear as the traditional "tough guy" and would not openly express this sensitivity to others or in the environment  With Virgo on the MC the person may be hyper critical of himself for having these type of emotional nature and attempt to deny and suppress them. The intention is to align with a type of service/healing work that helps the innate sensitivity be expressed through a career/social position.  The point within this is that from an evolutionary view the person is meant to become inwardly secure (IC/4th house) in the context of expressing this innate sensitivity to others and within their social work ( MC/10th house). In this way the expression of the AC/DC will also change because the person will be deflecting or hiding this innate sensitivity from others. I hope this helps and please let me know if anything I have written in unclear.

Tory

Dear Linda,

Many thanks for response and i will take the time to read your suggestions below.

Tory

Pluto crossing the Ascendant (Steve)
https://forum.schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/index.php/topic,378.msg6194.html#msg6194

Transits (Deva)
https://forum.schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/index.php/topic,425.msg6975.html#msg6975

Any planet crossing any angle (cardinal) is going to have a strong effect as a natural gateway to initiate action and change.

Thanks,

Linda
[/quote]

Tory

Hi Rad,
Great news! Thanks so much.
Light and Respect
Tory

Quote from: Rad on Apr 25, 2012, 09:39 AM
Hi Tory,

Deva Green will be lecturing on this topic at the next JWG EA conference.

God Bless, Rad

Tory

Hi Deva,
Thanks for the clarification, most appreciated and very helpful. I will take another look at JWG's example for the AC/DC, thanks for reminding me. Thrilled you will be lecturing on this subject at the next conference!
Much Respect and Light
Tory

Quote from: Deva on Apr 26, 2012, 09:23 AM
Hi Troy, thanks for posting your question about the AC-DC, MC, IC. In order to understand what these specific symbols mean we must first understand the nature of the cardinal archetypes. (1st/7th, 4th/10th houses). Lets starts with the AC/DC first. In a general sense, the AC-DC will reflect how we project ourselves to others consciously ( DC/7th house) and how we instinctualy  express ourselves within the environment (AC/1st house). It is important to understand that how others see us based on that instinctual expression is not always how we see ourselves. This is because this instinctual response is not a conscious action on our part. On the other hand the conscious projection of ourselves towards others (DC 7th house) is based on the instinctual nature of the AC/1st house.
     The example the JWG gives of a person with Scorpio on the AC and Taurus on the DC helped clarify this for me. In this example, when a person with this AC/DC comes into the room they sit in the very back and do not speak to anyone. The point within this is that Taurus DC is projecting a persona of being self-contained and inwardly secure and stable to "offset" fears of abandonment, betrayal and loss reflected in the Scorpio AC. The instinctual expression of the Scorpio AC is often perceived as "intense" although the person does not see themselves in this light. 
    The IC/4th house reflects the persons' self-image and emotional responses/orientation to the environment. The MC/10th reflects how the person is going to express their personal authority in society and also the nature of the current cultural conditioning upon the self-image (IC/4th house).  Lets put Pisces in the 4th house cusp to follow through with this example. The person is going to have an innate sensitivity to the environment and to the emotions of others. Yet, if that person is a man who grew up in a conventional environment where this sensitivity was not understood or nurtured how will that person react to these emotions/self-image based on current cultural conditioning? Will he be able to inwardly relate to the traditional "Marblo man" image? No. However,  relative to the AC/DC the person would typically try to appear as the traditional "tough guy" and would not openly express this sensitivity to others or in the environment  With Virgo on the MC the person may be hyper critical of himself for having these type of emotional nature and attempt to deny and suppress them. The intention is to align with a type of service/healing work that helps the innate sensitivity be expressed through a career/social position.  The point within this is that from an evolutionary view the person is meant to become inwardly secure (IC/4th house) in the context of expressing this innate sensitivity to others and within their social work ( MC/10th house). In this way the expression of the AC/DC will also change because the person will be deflecting or hiding this innate sensitivity from others. I hope this helps and please let me know if anything I have written in unclear.