School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Age of Aquarius and EA perspective

Started by Lucius, Dec 10, 2009, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucius

With the coming, or already happening, age of aquarius I am wondering what those in the EA paradigm think of this symbol and the 'coming age'.  Something I read triggered me earlier today - the idea that the paradigm shift is spiritual - now, it seems it always is at the end of an age? correct?  However, there are dissolving structures - which led me to ponder aquarius.  
First - taking the Saturn rulership you have the structure of consciousness and the image is a vase/urn and water....fairly graphic there, I think.  However, frequently the urn/vase is being emptied!  I find that very interesting.  Is it being emptied to be renewed?  Is Uranus shown here by a dichotomy  - that it's separation will induce collective 'individuation' or mass psychosis?   That our collective unconscious will be progressively either something you are unindated by our you see progressively in 'projection'? (that seems what happens usually in human psychology though)  Or is it to empty in the Uranian fashion?  To  decondition?  Emptying being a lack of identification, therefore something new?

Or a renewed interface between the human(urn) the soul(water) and the numinous (a god or even a 'priestess' emptying the water).  Aquarius always reminds me of the 'star' in tarot.....the water from the 'ego' being poured back into the earth...satisfying a circle of nature.  Reminds me of an incubation period - and the relinquishment of beliefs of all kinds - which will be chaotic for the 'consensus' reality.  But, with the image of a god there is an intermediary - of what sort?  Will it be personal - he is pouring from the 'ego' afterall...?

Wondering what ideas in EA there are about aquarius and the new age of aquarius.  Don't get that song stuck in your head....  ;)

Lucius

Steve:  Re-reading your reply to me about evil - and aquarius...it as if the emptying is like the release from the confines!  It is the Uranian impulse....the structure is allowed to flow where it will.  And water is possibly the most powerful force on earth, truly.  It will get in every nook & cranny, erode the hardest rock, and polish a stone......

Steve

Quote from: Lucius on Dec 10, 2009, 09:55 PM
It will get in every nook & cranny, erode the hardest rock, and polish a stone......

Now consider that Pisces is water and Pisces is the symbol of creator itself, and reread your sentence from that perspective.    That is exactly the spiritual process, over eons of time.

Steve

Quote from: Lucius on Dec 10, 2009, 09:40 PM
... which led me to ponder aquarius.  
First - taking the Saturn rulership you have the structure of consciousness and the image is a vase/urn and water....fairly graphic there, I think.  However, frequently the urn/vase is being emptied!  I find that very interesting.  Is it being emptied to be renewed?  Is Uranus shown here by a dichotomy  - that it's separation will induce collective 'individuation' or mass psychosis?  

Keep in mind evolutionary stages of Soul growth.  The individuated stage is inherently a Uranian phase, the nature of the archetype, to throw off the Consensus (Saturn) need to conform (Saturn) - to de-condition in other words.  Relative to consensus, Uranus in Pisces IS mass psychosis.  Yet also the seeds of individuation to those who seek it. Look around, both are happening.

QuoteThat our collective unconscious will be progressively either something you are unindated by our you see progressively in 'projection'? (that seems what happens usually in human psychology though)  Or is it to empty in the Uranian fashion?  To  decondition?  Emptying being a lack of identification, therefore something new?

again, both.  Depending on choice, and evolutionary stage. (Evolutionary stage is simply the result of millions of choices one has made).  Decondition really means to change how one sees one's self - self-image = Moon.  We are totally attached to images of who I am that are not at all who I am.  Deconditioning means to release these limited perspectives.   The process goes on and on.  Emptying is a
necessary precursor.  But the natural outcome of emptying is a gradual refilling, into the next level, which we then perceive as so far beyond the previous one.  But the day or lifetime will come when even the new "this is so far beyond where I was before" itself will have to be emptied as it too has become too limited.   That process never ends as there is always more that we are than we believe we are.  So its a continual opening, integrating (also a Uranian function), and then eventual releasing.  Its been described as peeling the layers of an onion.

ari moshe

To quote a line from the movie "I heart huckabees"

"If you peel an onion, all of it, what's left?"
"nothing? ..."
"wrong, the entire universe."

chuck h

QuoteBut the day or lifetime will come when even the new "this is so far beyond where I was before" itself will have to be emptied as it too has become too limited.   That process never ends as there is always more that we are than we believe we are.

Thanks for this, Steve.  It will keep my fear of boredom at bay for some time.  :)