School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

1 2 meditation

Started by ari moshe, Feb 11, 2010, 07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad

Hi Ari,

What I have shared is to concentrate on the 1/2 or Hong-Sau, inhale/exhale, while concentrating upon the 3rd Eye or vortex of energy felt within the forehead where the 3rd Eye is. This is the natural way for any Soul that when practiced is 'provable' by any Soul. And that proof is the immediacy of the inner experience of the 3rd Eye, and the Soul's fusion with it. One does not need to 'believe' any of it. One simply has to know it for themselves through direct perception gained from the experience of it.

What you are managing to do Ari is the habit of your Soul of collecting lot's of information from one two many sources so that the information gathered then conflicts within itself. This is your habit that has it's own reasons for being so. Even your experience of going to that place on the internet and then finding that the information posted at one point now is different than the information now presented reflects this habit of yours. It is a perfect symbol for the whole deal.

Instead of continuing with that habit that only, in the end, inhibits your own evolution you might want to consider simply practicing this natural meditation in order to prove to yourself through the immediacy of actual experience what is true, and what is not. 

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Thank you Rad for holding that mirror up for me.

I want you to know that I HAVE been practicing up everyday as per your suggestions. I have made that decision. And I actually feel it to be one of the most important decisions I have ever made.

(An astrological observation worth sharing- Jupiter was first quarter square to my Mercury Neptune when Rad replied to my post 2 weeks ago. Very clearly a first quarter square "choice" that I was faced with.)

Something meaningful happened this morning that I would like to share here...
A friend was visiting and asked if I could drive 1 hour to see her. I WANTED so badly to see her- she is a soul that I love very much. However to catch her in time would have meant missing my morning meditation. I was truly torn. I had nothing planned this morning, and I had a car to my avail. The only thing keeping me back from seeing her was my commitment to my practice. Either I say no to her, which to me felt selfish, or I see her and break my commitment.

I thought to myself, "This situation will come up time and time again. If I go and visit her WHEN will I finally say no? Where do my boundaries actually lie? What about the NEXT time this happens?"

I chose to stay at home and practice! In so doing, I validated that I CAN do this. That this truly IS important to me. I also recognized that I will soon commit to another soul who wants me to be committed to this practice.

After I got off the phone I remembered your words Rad "... a routine that you adhere too at all costs" Thank you again for giving me planting this seed in me.

I would like to ask if you could offer some advice when it comes to sticking to a set time for practice. I'm finding that difficult in the evenings and mornings because I have never needed to wake up or go to sleep at the set times. This is something my body/mind has not been able to adjust to yet.

I've been considering waking up just before, and meditating at susrise. This is something I used to do when I was a part of other spiritual practices/communities as the energy of that time feels very conducive to practice. Would you recommend that as a good morning time?

With Love,
Ari Moshe

Rad

Hi Ari,

First, good for you in your honesty of the recognition of your existing patterns/ dynamics of lifetimes that are of course no longer suitable for your evolution. Bravo !. And a big high five too for honoring your commitment to the mediation practice/ routine that you have already started even as it got tested through your dear friend. God/ess does notice such things, believe me. As for your question about the morning/ evening routine: the point is to establish the habit for the Soul of meditating just after you get up in the morning, and just before you go to sleep, WHATEVER THOSE TIMES ARE, IRREGULAR OR NOT. It is the routine that the Soul gets 'used' too that becomes etched within it's own memory banks. And the deeper that etch becomes, the more it will bear fruit. Of course meditating at sunrise is a very powerful time to do so, as is sunset.

God Bless, Rad

mountainheather

Hi,

Thanks Rad for your reply.
Would it make sense then to align in the soul place before I do the 1/2 meditation?
And can it be done while walking/moving?
Thank you, I truly don't know where else i would ask these questions, I am so grateful. 

Blessings, Heather

Rad

Hi Heather,

Would it make sense then to align in the soul place before I do the 1/2 meditation? And can it be done while walking/moving?

Yes, and a good way to do that is to do some simple yoga before hand: the tree pose, the cobra, the spinal twist for example. Also coming out of sleep in the am is conducive to this too because the consciousness is more or less in the Soul then, more than the ego. And, yes, the 1/2 is good to practice while walking, or doing anything really, because it's gets the Soul ever more used to it. However, while walking, or doing anything else, is an 'action' that by it's very nature requires the body to breathe. As a result, the perception of the 3rd Eye can not occur because of the breathe in body: inhale/exhale. After the Soul has developed the capacity to perceive the 3rd Eye, and fuse with it, it possible to perceive it even during physical activities. When that occurs that then means that the Soul has more or less  shifted the center of gravity within it's consciousness from the current life ego to the Soul itself at all times.

Thank you, I truly don't know where else i would ask these questions, I am so grateful. 

You are more than welcome Heather.

God Bless, Rad

BrendaP

Respecfully I am a reader of Jeff Green's works, not an astrologer. Going back into his Uranus book, recently, and want to post a question on Saturn Uranus as well, in another post too.

But here, is the light that is seen in this meditation a function of the pineal and melatonin? Is the amount of melatonin a factor in determining whether one gets part of it, ie just seeing the "blue" verses the gold and star center?

Is this color, referred to as the "blue pearl," by other writers?

Can't remember where, but Jeff said it was not advisable to take supplemental Melatonin--is it because it would affect this process?

What if someone had altered Melatonin function, say with Multiple Sclerosis or Spinal Cord Injury (including Whiplash), would it still be inadvisable to take supplemental melatonin?

Jeff said that persons with Pluto in the 12th house could have increased Melatonin production--I assume this would hold true for certain transits? Which ones, ie. Pluto transiting one's 12th house, Neptune/Pluto contacts? Conversely, are there transits, natal conditions that would predispose one to having reduced Melatonin production, ie. conjunction (more)vs. opposition/square (reduced)?

With gratitude for your consideration of this.

Rad

Hi BrendaP,

Quote from: BrendaP on Jul 06, 2010, 12:49 PM
Respecfully I am a reader of Jeff Green's works, not an astrologer. Going back into his Uranus book, recently, and want to post a question on Saturn Uranus as well, in another post too.

But here, is the light that is seen in this meditation a function of the pineal and melatonin? Is the amount of melatonin a factor in determining whether one gets part of it, ie just seeing the "blue" verses the gold and star center?

There are a variety of physiological responses that occur in this meditation that combine together that equals the perception of the 3rd Eye, or the inner Light that is called the 3rd Eye. Part of those responses include of course the pineal gland and the increased secretion of the hormone called melatonin. The perception of the totality of the 3rd Eye is determined by the Soul's capacity to totally concentrate on the meditation technique itself that leads to a state of natural breathlessness: the breath is suspended for a certain amount of time. When that occurs then the total perception of the 3rd Eye occurs.

Is this color, referred to as the "blue pearl," by other writers?

Yes.

Can't remember where, but Jeff said it was not advisable to take supplemental Melatonin--is it because it would affect this process?

Yes, because when the melatonin levels increase in this meditation that is a NATURAL RESPONSE because of the meditation. To ingest melatonin in not a natural response. And because it is not what would then happen is that the person would simply go to sleep, or become extremely drowsy.

What if someone had altered Melatonin function, say with Multiple Sclerosis or Spinal Cord Injury (including Whiplash), would it still be inadvisable to take supplemental melatonin?

It would depend on what it is being taken for. If it is taken to help induce sleep, then this would be fine.

Jeff said that persons with Pluto in the 12th house could have increased Melatonin production--I assume this would hold true for certain transits? Which ones, ie. Pluto transiting one's 12th house, Neptune/Pluto contacts? Conversely, are there transits, natal conditions that would predispose one to having reduced Melatonin production, ie. conjunction (more)vs. opposition/square (reduced)?

Yes, certain transits can correlate to a NATURAL increase or decrease of the levels of melatonin. And when that happens, from an EA point of view, it is necessary to determine WHY. There is a reason for everything that exists. And anything that exists must be understood in the context that is exists within. It is the specific context of anything that is the determinant of how and why something exists in that context. No one size fits all. For example a person could have a Saturn transit on their natal Neptune that correlated, in their context of reality, to an increase in the production of melatonin. Yet, for another in a different context, is could correlate to a decrease of this production of melatonin.

With gratitude for your consideration of this.

God Bless, Rad

BrendaP

Thank you very much for this clarification, of my question, the whole post.

God Bless.

Brenda

ari moshe

Dear Rad,

I hope this is ok to share- perhaps you may have some suggestion/advice for me for this practice?

I have not given up on this practice- though at times that is all I want to do. I have found myself often falling asleep while sitting, as well as just being tired all the time, and feeling depressed again. This is how my life used to be for years. This has been going on for about a month now.

Maintaining a deep inner spiritual life is still so important to me. On the one hand it seems so simple. Yet on the other hand I feel like I am wading through the ocean without a raft. I don't want to give up, and I am determined to listen to this process and integrate whatever changes need to be made.

I am wondering if there is something else I can incorporate into my life in addition to the practice? I feel like an all encompassing spiritual practice that helps to keep me in the Light may be helpful, as I feel like I can go either direction moment to moment. I want more experience of God, I want to experience the Light. I can progress more than I am. I don't mind the commitment.

With Love and Gratitude,
Ari Moshe

Rad

Hi Ari,
What you are sharing about your experience  is common for most who desire to live an active spiritual life, and who attempt to mediate as a result. It actually is an archetypal experience that is designed by God/ess itself into order to 'test' our true desire to know, inwardly know, God/ess. The way I had a great spiritual teacher explain this to me was simply that if God/ess was so easy to win, it is also easy to loose. Thus, these tests in order to determine are real desire, our 'staying' power. This is why it is critical to have no expectations whatsoever about what the method itself will or won't produce. It is also why conscious and continues concentration upon the technique is essential. It is the active concentration linked with will that will prevent the falling asleep affect: it can not be done mechanically. It is also an archetype that for those that do persist at all costs that progressively the inner Godhead is revealed, and the states of consciousness that follows this. It is in fact a 'guarantee' from God/ess.

There is another thing you can try to practice too that is called Laya Yoga that allows the Soul to hear the natural sounds that come from the different chakras. The goal is to merge with the Sounds. When that happens various dimensions of the total universe/ Creation manifests. Spontaneous realizations then follow. Let me know if you wish to know about this.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Thank you so much Rad,
I really hear what your saying about not having expectations. It's a challenge for me not to compare this practice with other practices that have produced even greater experiences- such as tuning in to the natural sounds of the chakras (which has happened often during a certain other meditation practice). Doing Hong Sau for 5 months and not having any experience really makes me question! Nevertheless, I don't mind, and I am going to continue to stick with this.

I will start practicing laya yoga tonight. You have already provided instructions in post 38, so no need to provide more information unless there is anything else you would like to add.
God Bless,
Ari Moshe

ari moshe

Hi Rad,
QuoteThen allow the rest of each hand to rest upon the forehead/ top part of the skull in such a way as to have the tips of the little finger of each hand to rest gently on the top of the eyelids at the very end: the end farthest away from the nose. Then allow the rest of the fingers to fall naturally upon the top of the forehead/ skull.

I just want to make sure I understand what you mean. Would this would be the part of the eye lids that are closer to the ears? And do you mean to place them litereally on top of the eye lids (ie touching them), or above them?

Furthermore, is the hand position a particular midra? Otherwise, are these details actually important?
God Bless,
Ari Moshe

Rad

Hi Ari,

Yes, the end of the eyelids that are closest to the ears. And, no, this is not a midra thing.

God Bless, Rad

mountainheather

Hi Rad,
Is it natural to have some fear around doing this meditation.  I have been feeling apprehensive and doubtful about doing this AND I want to do it.  It seems that a filmy layer of my consciousness just gets up and starts walking around  which has gotten me wondering what that is?
Thank you for your support on this.
Heather

Rad

Hi Heather,

This reaction within you is based on the fact that in certain other lifetimes your Soul, relative to the desire to understand and embrace the universal, God/ess, has gotten fooled by false teachers and teachings. Within that, certain 'practices' that you tried in other lives in order to inwardly know and experience the inner Godhead, the inner Light, has lead to a state of psychological disintegration and the traumas that followed. These memories are of course rooted in your Soul structure, these memories residing now in your own individuated unconsciousness: Uranus. And it is these memories that become activated at times even as you sit to try natural meditations such as the 1/2. The  immediate affect of those memories when linked to any meditation, including natural ones like the 1/2, is to create a fear or sense of 'loosing control'. In turn that then creates the effect that you are sharing here. The only antidote of course is to know and remember the difference between true and natural teachings, and those that are not. In others words to a path that has been well traveled by countless other Souls who actual testimony as to the 'reality' of the practices themselves serves to evolve you beyond the fears rooted in your Soul. This is why things like the 1/2 natural method can be so effective. It is not only natural, Created by the Creator Itself, but does not require belonging to anything, anyone, or submitting to anything. It requires no belief of any kind. It only takes practice of the method itself. And that method, natural, has been part of the human DNA since it's origins.

God Bless, Rad