School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Questions about Second Stage Spiritual

Started by Wendy, Mar 28, 2010, 03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendy

Wow, I feel as if I have been handed a Bataan of information to help my soul more consciously choose and choose I am.

I was wondering if we could talk about Elizabeth Clare Prophet in terms of evolutionary stages?  Would she be considered a 1st stage or 2nd stage spiritual?  

I'm having trouble posting her chart.  Her birthdate is April 8, 1939 Red Bank, NJ 11AM.

Aries Sun conjunct Saturn in the 10th, NN in Scorpio in the 5th, SN Taurus in the 11th.  Venus is in Pisces 9 degrees conjunct her part of fortune in the 9th along with Vesta conjunct Jupiter in Pisces.  Pluto retrograde in Cancer 29 degrees in the 1st house.  Her Moon is in Sag square Venus.

Pluto squares Saturn and Pallas Athene although it's not a tight square.  Otherwise Pluto trines her Vesta and Jupiter in Pisces (progressive evangelist?)

Any thoughts or insights?

bluesky

Hi Wendy,

I recall Jeff Green characterizating Clare Prophet as 2nd spiritual. I can't remember which book of his that was in - probably one of the 2 Pluto books, or perhaps a transcript.

jana

Quote from: Wendy on Mar 28, 2010, 03:44 PM
I was wondering if we could talk about Elizabeth Clare Prophet in terms of evolutionary stages?  Would she be considered a 1st stage or 2nd stage spiritual? 

I'm having trouble posting her chart.  Her birthdate is April 8, 1939 Red Bank, NJ 11AM.

Any thoughts or insights?

Hi Wendy,

Here is her chart. I find this thread very helpful. Thanks to all that have/are contributing!

PamS

Hi All,

Just to say.. I dont know who Clair Prophet is, I had never heard of her except I have heard Jeffrey use her as an example of 2nd stage gone wrong as in ego manic.  Its in the Pluto Book 2 for sure....  I tend to trust his take on this....  Could someone tell me something about her?

blessings,

Pam

jana

Quote from: PamS on Mar 28, 2010, 05:33 PM
Hi All,

Just to say.. I dont know who Clair Prophet is, I had never heard of her except I have heard Jeffrey use her as an example of 2nd stage gone wrong as in ego manic?  Its in the Pluto Book 2 for sure....  I tend to trust his take on this....  Could someone tell me something about her?

blessings,

Pam

Hi Pam,

All I know is what I found in this astro-data bank.
http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Prophet,_Elizabeth_Clare

Wendy

Quote from: PamS on Mar 28, 2010, 05:33 PM
Hi All,

Just to say.. I dont know who Clair Prophet is, I had never heard of her except I have heard Jeffrey use her as an example of 2nd stage gone wrong as in ego manic.  Its in the Pluto Book 2 for sure....  I tend to trust his take on this....  Could someone tell me something about her?

blessings,

Pam

I wanted to study her chart because in so many ways her teachings are evolved, yet they lead to ascension rather than integration.  I went to a service this morning at one of temples here in DC.  Their focus is on alignment with the ascended masters which I love.  The teachings are quite masterful yet lack embodiment. I learned a great deal and the service fueled my work with Mary Magdalene.  I felt Mother Mary the entire way to the service and lo and behold that is what they talked about.

Anyway I don't know much about Clare Prophet either, but she I knew she was somewhere in the spiritual stage just not fully realized, so I thought her chart would further our discussion about the different evolutionary states.

Anyone care to offer their perspective of her chart?

PamS

Hi Jana,

yes thank you for the info.. it was quite interesting, not a follower....

Wendy, was just saying that she was the 2nd stage gone wrong- not that you should not post it .. it is important to know how she is manifesting that chart that before you start analysing it........

In lots of  the EA material it is important with this 2nd stage spiritual that you know if they are on the ego aspect of it (nearing the end of 2nd spiritual) or not.. it does make a difference in how you look at the chart...

on first look.. boy lots of capricorn!!!

have fun!

blessings,

pam

Steve

Hi

I don't know too much about her but she was one who was forever naming the date the world would end and of course it never ended.  She was definitely identified as 2nd stage spiritual, one of the classic ones with the overinflated spiritual ego.   That doesn't mean everything she ever said is invalidated, but it does mean one needs to use discrimination.  Here is a case where you DO need to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Steve

ari moshe

Hey, that's where I grew up! (Taken from Wiki)

Early years
Prophet was born Elizabeth Clare Wulf in Red Bank, New Jersey to Hans and Fridy Wulf. She spent her junior year studying French in Switzerland, and graduated from Red Bank Regional High School second in her class. She attended Antioch College in Ohio from September 1957 to March 1959 [2] transferring to Boston University in September, 1959. She received a bachelor of arts degree in political science in approximately August 1961.[3] From the age of nine, Prophet suffered from absence seizures, a form of epilepsy, which worsened to include tonic-clonic seizures in 1988.[citation needed]

After visits to the Catholic Church, the Jewish synagogue and every Protestant church in Red Bank, she attended Methodist Sunday School before finally settling on Christian Science at age 9, attracted in part by its emphasis on healing and her desire to overcome her epilepsy.[citation needed] She eventually expressed ambition to become a Practitioner.

Elizabeth Clare Prophet, 1984
In 1960, while volunteering as a Sunday school teacher in the Christian Science Church in Boston, she met and married Dag Ytreberg; the marriage lasted about ten months.[4]

[edit]Mark Prophet
On April 22, 1961, her group invited Mark Prophet, who claimed to be a messenger for the Ascended masters, to speak in Boston. She attended this meeting at which Mark claimed to give a message, from the Archangel Michael; afterwards, she asked Mark to train her to be a "messenger". Mark and Elizabeth were married in 1963, had four children, and together administered The Summit Lighthouse, which Mark had founded in 1958.

On July 5, 1964, Prophet delivered her first public dictation, purportedly as a messenger for the ascended masters.

In 1965, the Prophet family relocated to Fairfax, Virginia, and in 1966 to Colorado Springs, Colorado.

In 1970, the Prophet family founded Montessori International, a school based on the principles of the acclaimed educator Dr. Maria Montessori. "Montessori International" was used by the Prophets for their church/community school, which at various times offered classes for students ranging from preschool age to high school. Although their preschool teachers were trained at official Montessori organizations such as the Association Montessori Internationale and the Pan-American Montessori Society,[citation needed] they were not officially associated with the Montessori umbrella organizations. In the elementary and high school levels, teachers were not Montessori certified.[citation needed]

In 1970, the Prophets went to India with several dozen church members. They toured the country, meeting with Indira Gandhi as well as the Dalai Lama.[citation needed]

In 1972, the first volume of Climb the Highest Mountain was published, a projected five-volume work[citation needed], which the Prophets intended to become their central scripture.

On February 26, 1973, Mark Prophet died of a stroke. Elizabeth assumed leadership of their organization, which then began its first foray into survivalism, based on instructions she said Mark gave her the night before his stroke. She organized survival training on a 240-acre (0.97 km2) property outside of Colorado Springs, which they had purchased with the intention of using for a headquarters. In May 1973, the organization entered into a partnership with a member who owned a property near Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, and attempted to establish a community there.[citation needed]

[edit]Ministry and expansion
Prophet married Randall King, a staff member, on October 17, 1973. This marriage lasted seven years. King later sued Prophet for $16 million, alleging involuntary servitude, among other causes of action. The suit was settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.[citation needed]

In 1974, the headquarters of the Church was moved to Santa Barbara, California, where Elizabeth Prophet founded Summit University, a 12 week program of instruction in her teachings. In 1975, she founded Summit University Press.

On May 1, 1975, Prophet established Church Universal and Triumphant as the religious arm of the organization.[1] She believed her church to be the rightful successor to the Catholic Church and using the title Vicar of Christ for the highest spiritual office in the church. (She was the first holder of that office; the church articles and bylaws define processes for future appointments to the office).
The church eventually became the umbrella organization for Prophet's work, with The Summit Lighthouse becoming the publishing arm of the church.

Elizabeth Clare Prophet in front of the chapel at the summit of Croagh Patrick, Ireland, 1980
In the summer of 1976, church headquarters were again relocated to the campus of Pasadena College, in Pasadena. Summit University, Montessori International, and quarterly church conferences were held there. About 300 staff members were then in residence.[citation needed]

In September 1976 and again in January 1978, Prophet returned to Africa.[citation needed] She conducted a conference at the Kwame Nkrumah conference center in Accra which was attended by thousands.[citation needed][vague] She also met with the heads of state of Ghana (Ignatius Kutu Acheampong) and Liberia (William Richard Tolbert, Jr.).[citation needed]

In 1977, the church purchased a former Claretian seminary in Calabasas, a 218-acre (0.88 km2) campus near Los Angeles, and moved its operations there in 1978. Due to opposition from various governmental agencies, including the California Coastal Commission, the church was never able to build its planned headquarters there. The church sold the property in 1986 to Soka University.

In October 1981, Prophet married Edward Francis, who was at that time a vice-president of the church. Their marriage lasted 16 years, and they had a son in 1994.

Also in 1981, the church purchased the 12,000-acre (49 km2) Forbes Ranch, just outside of Yellowstone Park, near Gardiner, Montana.

[edit]Final years in the ministry
In 1986, Prophet relocated her headquarters to the Forbes Ranch, which she had renamed the Royal Teton Ranch. It was here that she made her more dire prophecies including the possibility of a nuclear war between the superpowers.[citation needed]
Beginning in 1986, as she was leaving Los Angeles, Prophet began predicting a possible first-strike nuclear attack by the Soviet Union and urged followers to prepare for this possibility by building fallout shelters and storing food and other necessities for survival.[citation needed]
She was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in November 1998. The leadership of her church subsequently passed to a board of directors.[citation needed]

[edit]Retirement and death
In 1999, deteriorating health led Prophet to retire from the church. In 2000, she entered full-time nursing care for Alzheimer's disease in Bozeman, Montana. She died October 15, 2009 at the age of 70.

ari moshe

To me, it seems that as she got older she became more and more full of herself. Seems like mid to late second stage spiritual no?

Interesting that she died of Alzheimer's- her sn ruler in Pisces in the 9th, Jupiter in Pisces opposing Neptune in 3rd. And Mercury ruler of the 12th house...

I am confused when I look at her chart because there's one thing I don't know how to differentiate:
In the Uranus book, JWG talks about channeling- he says true channeling is a Pisces Neptune thing. I see so many Aquarius folk who channel, or something like that. So many Aquarius/Uranus ppl I know have the ability to communicate/hear/perceive more subtle frequencies. What is the difference in this phenomona between Pisces and Aquarius?

So she has sn in Taurus in the 11th conjunct Uranus. The ruler of that is in Pisces. What in particular does the 11th house component speak to in terms of channeling messages? Or is that all the Pisces Neptune stuff?

Steve

Notice her 1st house Pluto is EXACTLY inconjunct 8th house Lucifer and sesquiquad her 5th house moon. 

Rad

HI Ari,

What JWG taught was that the 'channeling' in general is an 11th House, Aquarius, and Uranus archetype but that most who claim  to 'channel' are in fact 'channeling' their own individuated unconscious and/ or sub-conscious. We need to remember that the individuated unconsciouns in all of us correlates to our own 'long term' memory that connects to not only this life, but the individual memories of our own past lifetimes. This is why he also taught that so many of these 'channeling' messages from so many seem to conflict with one another. And it's also why so many of the 'channeled' messages simply don't come true at all, as in Claire Prophets case and many others. JWG said true channeling does occur but is very, very rare because the ego within the consciousness of those that can truly channel becomes displaced during the channeling itself. And he used the analogy of a 10,000 watt bulb coming through a 5 watt bulb which then causes the entire system of the one who is truly channeling to burn out more quickly than normal. Thus, true channeling is then a Pisces, Neptune, and 12 House archetype.

So in Prophets chart when then see the relevant symbols for her 'channeling' of her own individuated unconscious but also the total loss of memory .. long term and short term memory.

Rad

PamS

Hi All,

Rad, I really want to get this....  So 11th house-Aquarius-Uranus is channelling generally,, but only with the added 12th house- Pisces-Neptune with it?  So sorry, I need that clarified...

In Prophets chart, We see the NN in  Taurus in the 11th house would that be a symbol of her channeling her individuated unconscious?   Combined with the Pisces in the 9th?

Im real skeptial of all those 10th houseplanets as well as the  new phase Sun Saturn and that 1st house Pluto in her chart...as well as the SN in Scorpio in the 5th... thats alot of authority issues as well as self- centerness.....

Thanks for the insight!

pam

Ari, thanks for posting the material on her!

pam

Wendy

Oh, thanks everyone for exploring this.  

I was thinking about her SN too and the Alzheimer's which I believe is related to kidney chi which is what Scorpio? The over use of her Piscean function rather than stepping into her Pluto 1st house (exploring her shadow and deeper self) fueled her illness.

So in 2nd stage spiritual which is an Leo archetype? the individual goes into the shadow of Leo before they move on to the last part of that stage and before entering into the 3rd stage spiritual?

PamS

Hi Wendy,

Per your question, Yes the 2nd stage spiritual is Leo  overly ego spiritualism... It seems to be that the soul needs to dissolve those last separating desires and that is the place to be doing it- so you have all these Ego Spiritualists...... I still get confused, but I think by the time your in 3rd spiritual you have moved through most of these separating desires....

I also wonder with the Alzheimers if it is a way for the soul to de-chrystalize stuck thinking patters while still being in the physical body...

yes thanks for bringing all this up really interesting....

pam