School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Question about primary lives

Started by Elen, Mar 29, 2010, 04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elen

Hi All,

I had a quick question about primary lives.  JWG said you can identify these in the chart based on the aspect relationship between Pluto and Mars.  If there is an actual aspect between them, then it is a primary life.  If no aspect, then it's not.  My question is, is it ALL aspects that apply, ie, does this include semi-squares, semi-sextiles, sesquiquads, inconjuncts, septiles, etc..... or just the primary (Ptolemaic) aspects?

Thanks,
Ellen

bluesky

Can someone clarify what "primary life" means? thanks..

Elen

Quote from: bluesky on Mar 29, 2010, 05:10 PM
Can someone clarify what "primary life" means? thanks..

Hi bluesky,

I may have gotten the terminology wrong, but what I am referring to are those lives in which the Soul is working directly on its evolutionary development - and I may be saying this wrong.  I'll give an example that I've seen on this MB.  Barrack Obama.  Prior lives were Abraham Lincoln and Lindbergh.  Abraham Lincoln and Obama are primary lives.  Lindbergh was not.  I remember someone saying on one of the threads that it was as though Lindbergh's life was a way of facing death directly by living a dare devil kind of life.  Obama, on the other hand, is continuing on more directly with the evolutionary work that was evident in Lincoln's life.  Hope this helps.

Ellen

Gonzalo

Hi Ellen,

Not every aspect between Pluto/Mars correlate with primary lives; primary lives exist when Pluto/Mars are in any of the following aspects: conjunction, semi-square, square, trine, sesquisquare, inconjunct or opposition. In primary lives "the core evolutionary and karmic intentions are being directly worked on" (JWG, Pluto II book).

Gonzalo.

Dhyana

Might someone embellish a bit more on this topic? Perhaps compare some more key dynamics that might unfold in a primary life in contrast to one that is not... basically a more developed descritpion of the primary.  And then also maybe explaing a little of the astrological basis for the planet mars being the planet mentioned with aspects to pluto... and specifically in EA terminology, why Mars?  I know it is the lower active or conscious octave of Pluto but I am still looking for more of the connection to be articulated?  I only vaguely remember reading about it.

Thanks so much
Dhyana

Dhyana

Elen

Quote from: gonzalopan on Mar 29, 2010, 07:11 PM
Hi Ellen,

Not every aspect between Pluto/Mars correlate with primary lives; primary lives exist when Pluto/Mars are in any of the following aspects: conjunction, semi-square, square, trine, sesquisquare, inconjunct or opposition. In primary lives "the core evolutionary and karmic intentions are being directly worked on" (JWG, Pluto II book).

Gonzalo.

Hi Gonzalo,

Many thanks for this.

Ellen

Gonzalo

Hi Dhyana,

Further to the article recommended by Steve, the following chapters deal with this topic and are very clear and complete:

Pluto I, Mars in aspect to Pluto.

Pluto II, The phasal relationship of Mars and Pluto.

Being a lower octave of Pluto, Mars will express on an ongoing external basis the dual desire nature of the Soul: the desire to separate and the desire to return to the Source. Aries, Mars, the First House, correlate with the desire and need to separate in order to create a sense of being a distinct individual, which in turn will induce a crisis because of the natural inconjunct between Aries and Scorpio-the Soul. This crisis is rooted in the dual desires of the Soul, which allows the ego perception (Cancer, Fourth House, Moon) of being totally separate from anything else, yet needing to integrate back to where it emanated from-the Soul. Via Mars, the Soul will instinctively produce actions creating the experiences the Soul-Pluto-needs to actualize its intentions, to externally create what it desires. In turn, by means of actualizing its desires, and creating that which the Soul desires, the Soul will be able to discover what it is that it has desired: that which was unconscious will become apparent. Thus, Mars will allow the Soul to evolve, because the externalization of desires, the surfacing of Soul desires through created experiences, is necessary for the process of exhausting and eliminating its separation desires.   

When Mars is in aspect to Pluto, the function of acting out desires is subject to metamorphic change: instinctual creation of experiences-Mars-is strongly fueled by the desire nature of the Soul-Pluto. The individual will create experiences directly expressing its desires, be them desires of separation or the desire to return. The individual will face its unconscious desire nature because he will have the power to externally or consciously create that which he desires: his desires will produce an effect. This effect will allow conscious awareness of the desire nature of the individual, and a metamorphosis of how the individual is acting his desires.

This dynamic exists in all people-it is the basis of evolution of human consciousness-whether or not Mars is in aspect to Pluto, though it will be emphasized when these aspects exist.

I hope this helps.

Gonzalo.

Dhyana

Yes!  It really helps a lot Gonzalo.

And it was written really well  ---and clear (for someone who is experiencing some heavy duty brain fog lately). So I appreciate the way you wrote it too.

So Many Blessings,
Dhyana

Steve

Quote from: Dhyana on Apr 11, 2010, 05:27 PM
Could someone provide an EA definition of PRIMARY LIFE, or direct me to find more information about this term?

Thank you
Dhyana

Hi Dhyana
Gonzalopan has already answered your question at the top of this same page
https://forum.schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/index.php/topic,195.msg2300.html#msg2300

Elen

Quote from: gonzalopan on Mar 29, 2010, 07:11 PM
Hi Ellen,

Gonzalo.

I'm looking at the chart of a friend who's natal Mars is 30 degrees behind Pluto.  Thus, according to the above, this is not a primary life for her.  This was surprising for me to find out as I would have guessed that this was a primary life for her - she seems to be really working things, if that makes sense.  Then I thought of Lindberg's life as a non-primary life of the Soul of Lincoln and Obama and it occurred to me that I probably would have thought that Lindberg's life was primary.  Yet it was not.  So what I'm wondering, is how do you know the difference, without looking at the chart, between someone who is living a primary lifetime and someone who is not?  Or is the only way to tell by looking at the chart.  And, if that is so, then is there really any benefit to even knowing whether it is a primary life or not?  And if there is, what is that?

Thanks so much for anyone willing to tackle this.  It just really hit me that what I thought were sure markers (ie, a certain quality of intensity and really having to deal with issues) for a primary life seem in fact not to be.

Peace,

Ellen

yarrow8

I just had a quick question on your statement about the past lives of Obama. I totally get the Lincoln aspect. However, didn't Charles Lindbergh die in 1974? Thanks!

Lucius

Ellen - long ago I figured the primary life issue was something I'd not fully understand - in theory, but not in a cohesive fashion.  I completely 'ditto' your questions!  ;D

I'm apparently in a primary life - it feels I'm not getting anywhere. Although I've decided the idea of 'getting anywhere' is a counter-productive attitude.  So, I simply exist & feel like I'm waiting (I sound so taurus south node right now).  However, this life may seem somewhat 'easy' (thus far) simply because so many lives have been full of trauma - ?   - perhaps that is part of it, or can be, a 'primary' is the time to 'sift' and for others
it is more of a 'reaping' or even 'sowing'.  Hmmm.  My guess is the answer will be, as it is usually, rather relative.  But, I'm anxious for a reply to your questions myself.

Steve

hi Yarrow

Quote from: yarrow8 on Oct 08, 2010, 12:31 AM
I just had a quick question on your statement about the past lives of Obama. I totally get the Lincoln aspect. However, didn't Charles Lindbergh die in 1974? Thanks!

I am not an expert on these things, so can't say for certain what I am about to say is true in this case.  We were taught that in the higher evolutionary stages, starting in Spiritual 1st, that the Soul can split itself, have two incarnations going at the same time, to speed up its evolution.  That each would be working with different elements of the Soul's desire nature.  Lincoln was identified as being in 1st stage spiritual.  Yogananda said in his life prior to Lincoln, in fact, he was a yogi in India.  So perhaps this explains the chronological overlap.
Steve