School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Technique to eliminate masochism

Started by adina, Apr 24, 2010, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adina

Jeffrey Wolf Green's Method of Eliminating LEARNED Masochism

This is a very simple technique, and it's absolutely free (except for the price of a cassette tape). (I may have to bow to the king of technology here - Steve - for instructions on how to do this on a CD or an MP3 player or iPod.)

1.  Take a sheet of notebook paper and fold it down the middle. On the left side, list every negative message you've ever received from whatever person at any time. Take at least a week to do this-longer if necessary, AND use as many pieces of paper as necessary. (I think I had six pages, and I wrote on them front and back). If you're like most of us who've done this, you'll find that many of the negative messages have been coming from yourself.

Ex. Mary, you're just no good for anything.

2.  Once you're sure you've written down all the negative messages, then on the right side of the paper, across from each of the negative messages, write a positive, counteractive message.

Ex.  Mary's response to above. "No. That's only their opinion of me. It's not a fact. I am good for lots of things, and can, in fact, do many things very well." (Notice that even if we start with a negative, the majority of the message is said in positive language).

Once you have all your positive/counteractive messages written down, take a 90-minute tape and record each of the messages in your own voice, saying them like you really MEAN them.  You may find this difficult at first because the statements don't FEEL right to you. But be the best actor you can be and read each one with positive conviction.

You need to fill only one side of the tape. Since you will be playing this as you go to sleep, if you have difficulty falling asleep right away, or the sound of voices keeps you awake, then leave about the first 20 minutes of the tape blank before you start to record your messages. The remaining 25 minutes of the tape will be more than enough to accomplish your purpose.

Now"¦. Each night - for the next four to six months (MINimum of four) when you go to bed, try to place your tape recorder as close to your right side as possible, turn on your tape (If you sleep with a partner, use ear phones) and go to sleep. The messages will enter through your right ear and, thus, affect the left brain. (According to Jeffrey this is a shamanic technique). This is different from saying affirmations when you're awake because when you're asleep the left brain can't argue or discount the information. It's absolutely CRUCIAL to do this EVERY NIGHT for the four to six months - do not skip even one night. For if you miss a night, the "chain" of positive reinforcement in your brain is broken, and you have to start all over again.

Another thing to keep in mind is that since this simple practice radically changes your consciousness, freeing you from what can be thousands of years of guilt and not feeling ready enough or good enough, Lucifer will do it's darnedest to make sure this sift doesn't happen. Incredibly stupid things can happen. It actually took me 16 months to get through a full six months without interruption. I don't want anyone to dwell on that part, but do be AWARE and take appropriate precautions. For example, make sure you have new batteries (if necessary) on a regular basis, etc.

After a week or so, you'll start to notice that with each day you'll feel a little "˜lighter,' a little bit stronger, and little bit happier or more content. You'll start to feel empowered and like you ARE ready enough and/or good enough to take on something you want to do.

Since there's strength in numbers, if you plan to do this and are open to sharing that you ARE doing it (no need to give details of the messages, etc.), please post your name here for mutual support and encouragement from others doing this, too. Then perhaps you could set up an email support group.

This is an amazing technique to rid oneself of the learned masochism, and I wish any and all of you who try this the greatest success and a new lease on life. If you have ANY questions or comments, please post them in this thread.

God Bless.

stephen

Adina,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this technique.

I am certain I could use it...and will! :)

Blessings,
Stephen

Elen

Hi Adina,

Thanks for posting this technique.  I was planning on doing it sometime down the road, but my mind has already begun working on it.  As I walk through my days, negative statements needing to be countered keep coming to mind.  I didn't know they were still there in such force!

Peace,
Ellen

mountainheather

Thanks Adina!! I wrote in the "evil" thread that I'd lost this post, but here it is, thank you for the new start. in light, Heather.

Dhyana

I am going to ask my children if they want to do this. Maybe I can introduce it playfully to them.
How beautiful to have kids do this early on 8 and 15.  

Adina, do you think children/teens, need to have the full 4 months --bc they may not be as steeped in it yet? i ask bc i dont know if they will go consistently the full four months, being kids, u know?

thanks,
dhyana

Gonzalo

Hi Adina

There is something I would like to ask you about this technique:

How does it interface with natural guilt and its role of realigning the Soul with natural law?

Thank you so much

God Bless,

Gonzalo

mountainheather

Hi everyone,
I have started this technique, I would like to add to my list of affirmations as I go, since more seem to be coming up as my consciousness is changing... do you think adding to my list will interfere or interrupt the process? Thank you many times over Adina. Heather 

adina

Steve just alerted me that these questions were here. So sorry I missed them, and I apologize for the delay; I've been going thru some rough physical problems lately for several reasons. I WILL try to get back here by tomorrow at the latest to answer these.

God bless,
Adina

mountainheather

Thanks Adina, whenever you feel well enough. With best
wishes for you, Heather

adina

Hi Dhyana,

Quote from: Dhyana on Apr 26, 2010, 06:02 AM
I am going to ask my children if they want to do this. Maybe I can introduce it playfully to them.
How beautiful to have kids do this early on 8 and 15.  

Adina, do you think children/teens, need to have the full 4 months --bc they may not be as steeped in it yet? i ask bc i dont know if they will go consistently the full four months, being kids, u know?

thanks,
dhyana

First, I would ask what behaviors your daughters and son have that you think indicate masochism? And have you read Pluto II in which Wolf went into detail about the sado-masochistic archetypes?

While there ARE many masochists because of the Christian conditioning of a PERFECT God of the last 2,000 years, not everyone is a masochist. Chart markers of masochism can include the nodal axis in 6/12 or Virgo/Pisces, Pluto in Virgo, Mars in Virgo, a stellium of planets in Virgo or Pisces or the 6th or 12th houses, etc. But even those alone do not necessarily indicate masochism. Again, we have to play astrological detective and employ observation and correlation of the person's thoughts and behaviors in order to determine this for sure; i.e. one would also have to display masochistic behaviors. Typically, if the chart reveals some of these placements AND you see a soul who is not actualizing their evolutionary intentions, that could indicate a masochist.

In relation to children not being "steeped" in it yet, masochism will be reflected in a chart because it began BEFORE this lifetime, since the chart reflects the past, as experienced in the present, which leads to the future. When it's a young child, Wolf advocated the parents whispering the counteractive methods (for this and other conditions) in the child's right ear every night after the child had fallen asleep, and to do this for the four months, although sometimes the results start to appear much sooner.

I hope this helps, Dhyana. Let me know if you have more questions.

adina

Hi Gonzalo,

Quote from: gonzalopan on May 13, 2010, 11:21 AM
Hi Adina

There is something I would like to ask you about this technique: How does it interface with natural guilt and its role of realigning the Soul with natural law?

Thank you so much.  God Bless,  Gonzalo

Well, from my own personal experience, in relation to what JWG explained to me years ago, this technique helps eliminate LEARNED guilt, not natural guilt. Even in natural law we can experience natural guilt. But, at this point in our history we're just beginning to learn how to distinguish between natural guilt and the guilt we can feel by comparing ourselves to a "perfect" God.  I think it boils down to a simple (Pisces) process of asking in any of these situations just WHAT the basis of the guilt is; i.e., whether it's rooted in man-made laws or natural laws. And as one asks that question more and more, I think we can start to weed out the source of any guilt. Even with the natural guilt, we need to remember that as Wolf used to put it, "God has goofed up, so why wouldn't WE goof up?"  And another (Piscean) question: How can anything perfect create something IMperfect. It's really a shift in this understanding of "perfection" that I think helps in our understanding of natural law, and ultimately the forgiveness for both ourselves and others.

Hope this helps, Gonzalo. Feel free to ask more.

God Bless, Adina

adina

Hi Heather,

Quote from: mountainheather on May 13, 2010, 12:36 PM
Hi everyone,
I have started this technique, I would like to add to my list of affirmations as I go, since more seem to be coming up as my consciousness is changing... do you think adding to my list will interfere or interrupt the process? Thank you many times over Adina. Heather 

If you mean that you've started listening to your tape, then my take on this is that those affirmations that you started with and those that add as you go could take different lengths of time to come to resolution/elimination. Perhaps you could give yourself more time to write down the negative messages and their positive counterparts before redoing your tape and then get them all under one "blanket" tape.

Also, please realize that since masochism is rooted in the Virgo archetype, the famous list of things to do could be endless. I'd suggest you take a good look and/or listen to both the negative and positive messages and see if some of the ones that are emerging are simply more "detailed" (Virgo) versions of some of your original messages OR if they're completely different. If they're simply "offshoots" of the originals, but BASED in them, I'd just keep your tape going as is.  If they really are 'new' or different, then add them and start again.  :)

God bless,
Adina

mountainheather

Hi Adina,
Thank you for taking the time and energy to reply. This moment,
it feels hard to take on this exercise, but your efforts to
support us even with your challenges has shored up my resolve
to persist with thwarting negative programming. I will do as you suggest.
With gratitude and faith, Heather

adina

I'm glad to hear you're proceeding, Heather. I agree that it's a BIG task, and I've heard many people over the years say that one of the hardest parts is reading the affirmations onto the tape, as "it doesn't sound TRUE."  I've told them, "That's EXACTLY why you're doing it!"  LOL  So if you, or anyone else is having trouble with reading the affirmations out loud for the tape, just take a deep breath and be the best actor you can be and say your lines with all the conviction in your voice that you can muster! Having done this technique myself, I can vouch for its effectiveness.

Many blessings as you take on this "project" of self-empowerment, Heather!

Gonzalo

Hi Adina,

Thank you so much for your reply.

"Well, from my own personal experience, in relation to what JWG explained to me years ago, this technique helps eliminate LEARNED guilt, not natural guilt. Even in natural law we can experience natural guilt. But, at this point in our history we're just beginning to learn how to distinguish between natural guilt and the guilt we can feel by comparing ourselves to a "perfect" God."

This is very interesting. So, there would exist as three types of guilt (?):

1) learned guilt which is based on man-made law
2) natural guilt which is based on natural law
3) a "guilt" originated in the comparison of self and God, which would be intensified by the man-made concept that God is perfect, because it would distort the feeling of imperfection of self.

I am fascinated by this distinction.

Given that these three types of guilt produce a compounded effect in the emotional body, and from there induce all kinds of undermining thoughts and subconscious desires to atone, it would seem that it is quite difficult to know which is which. Deep analysis of the experience of feeling guilty would allow to separate the causes and to identify how they interact.

I will be reflecting on the above and hope I will be able to come back with more questions and some further insight. I may take some time, though, because I am currently almost depleted of energy.

Thank you again Adina. What you wrote to me is really helpful.

God Bless you,

Gonzalo