School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Vedic and Western confusion

Started by PamS, Apr 29, 2010, 11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PamS

Hi All,

I have a question about the differences between Vedic and Western systems.  I have a friend whose partner by any account of EA and western astrological systems had a very relationship orientated astrological chart.  They had a Vedic chart done and according to the Vedic astrologer, her partner is not in the least relationship oriented (like a relationship to self in not a relationship).. but nevertheless.. What is the main difference on a soul level do these systems expose?  I know Western is suppose to be much more specific on deep soul/psychological differentiations and Vedic is suppose to me much more specific with predictions....  It was just interesting when I was talking with my friend and I concluded that her partner is relationship oriented and she was like the Vedic is a different system, yes but what is Western picking up that Vedic is not and visa versa..... I mean you would think we were talking about two completely different people!

blessings,

pam

PamS

Hi All,

does anyone know the difference between these two systems on a soul level?  Is there one? 

thanks,

Pam

Rad

Hi Pam,

First, the Vedic System is based on Sidereal Astrology whereas Western Astrology is based on Tropical Astrology. Thus, the system of measurements is totally different. Also, Vedic Astrology is not about any of a psychological/ Soul nature at all. It is mainly a system of 'fate', 'karma', and predictions for one's life based on that.

Rad

PamS

Thank you Rad,

My issues is then if the soul is in constant evolution how can we predict? 

Interesting, thank you Im going to have to figure out how to word the merits of western astrology as insightful....

thank you again..

Pam

Rad

Hi Pam,

Most of our life is about free choice relative to the 'parameters' of one's life where those parameters are defined by the nature of the EA paradigm in each chart: individual context. And of course those parameters are reflections of choices/ desires that the Soul has already made in prior lives, relative to past life evolutionary intentions. And that in turn has setup the parameters/ intentions for the current life, and the choices to be made. One one understands those parameters, and the intention for the whole life within them, then one can 'predict' when various issues, dynamics, and circumstances will occur in the future of one's life. And that of course is determined by the nature of the transits and progressions in one's life at any point in time. One can not 'predict' the choices any Soul will make in the face of those future circumstances, dynamics, and issues because of the natural law of free choice. Yet an EA astrologer can understand what the natural tendencies are for any given Soul given their prior life choices, or the choices made in the current life. One of the best things for any EA astrologer to do when working with clients, and the future for them, is to point out the WHY of future circumstances, dynamics, and issues and then to provide the insight as to what the consequences would be given this or that choice. The consequences of the choices can be rightly 'predicted'.

Rad

PamS

Hi Rad,

Most of our life is about free choice relative to the 'parameters' of one's life where those parameters are defined by the nature of the EA paradigm in each chart: individual context. And of course those parameters are reflections of choices/ desires that the Soul has already made in prior lives, relative to past life evolutionary intentions. And that in turn has setup the parameters/ intentions for the current life, and the choices to be made. One one understands those parameters, and the intention for the whole life within them, then one can 'predict' when various issues, dynamics, and circumstances will occur in the future of one's life. And that of course is determined by the nature of the transits and progressions in one's life at any point in time. One can not 'predict' the choices any Soul will make in the face of those future circumstances, dynamics, and issues because of the natural law of free choice. Yet an EA astrologer can understand what the natural tendencies are for any given Soul given their prior life choices, or the choices made in the current life. One of the best things for any EA astrologer to do when working with clients, and the future for them, is to point out the WHY of future circumstances, dynamics, and issues and then to provide the insight as to what the consequences would be given this or that choice. The consequences of the choices can be rightly 'predicted'.

Yes I understand that im terms of EA, that is why we do the work.  I understand that as I work with clients who want to understand the nature of their dynamics over life times.  My question was a bad use of language on my part.  I was paraphrasing as not to take too much time and space on the message board... As well as wondering how to reconcile what the Vedic astrologer said to my friend about her partner not being relationship oriented and in EA terms she is clearly relationship oriented....  that though is not a question you all can answer..... The Vedic astrologer might have just been wrong.... and/or the Vedic astrologer is picking up that she is not going to fulfill her evolutionary intent to be in deep relationshp with self and other.....  now that is really interesting...

thank you as always for your time!!!!

sorry for the misuse of language....

pam