Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Unlearning Journey  (Read 799 times)
Bradley J
Very Active Member

« on: May 03, 2010, 12:21 AM »

Journey into EA, specifically and exclusively Evolutionary Astrology as taught by Jeffery Wolf Green, for myself has been continual unlearning and reprogramming my core understanding of archetypes, as I understood them thru western astrology.

I feel it may be helpful to future beginning students at the School of Evolutionary Astrology to be able to read this and other stories of the unlearning journey.

In no particular order here are archetypes that I have really needed to reprogram.

I thought Aries was survival
EA teaches this as taurus/2nd house.
Is this also an aspect of Venus?

I thought house and signs and planet archetypes were similar but different.
EA teaches the archetypes interchangeable, yet function different

I thought judgement was libra and sagitarus, but not 7th house.
EA teaches judgement is Capricorn, 10th, Saturn.

I thought ego was the sun.
EA teaches ego, the subjective self identity to be moon, 4th house, cancer, sign on cusp of 4th, etc...

I thought will was mars.
EA teaches will to be sun, leo, and 5th etc.

I thought uranus was extremes.
EA teaches extremes are libra, 7th, and venus

I thought moon was emotions and feelings.
EA teaches feelings-Venus and emotions-Moon

I thought transformation was pluto.
Jeffery has clearly said:  Transformation is Uranus, Transcendence is Neptune, metamorphosis is Pluto.

I thought the 12th house was confusing and never really understood it.
EA teaches the 12th and pisces and neptune in a clear understandable way.

I didn’t understand why Virgo’s connection to animals; now I do.

Well, there are many more, but these are the main ones. 
Now, having fully embraced the EA approach taught here, I have been able to have a lot more confidence in actually helping others because I know how amazing and helpful this stuff really is. 
Highly recommend the dvd course. 
Thank you Jeffery, Deva, Rad and all who keep this alive.

On a final note, just the other day I was at a friends house and picked off the shelf an astrology book to look at while waiting.   Reading into the book, I was so shocked to read an interpretation/meaning applied to pluto that was so far from what we are studying here. 
I immediately closed the book and told myself I can not look at this.
Without judgement to western astrology and other evolutionary astrology, I know even more why, as Rad once said, those books are worthless for what we are doing here(referring to practice charts thread/learning JWG EA).  My friend explained that it is common as people learn certain meditations or ‘ways’ to purposefully exclude other perspectives to truly learn the one they are studying. 

Blessings,
Bradley

PamS

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 04:20 PM »

Thank you for Bringing all this up Bradley....

I wanted to share a little story of a client I had recently and it is good for astrologers to prepare for clients who bring lots of their own unlearning. I had a client who gets readings from different astrologers every other year, she is in her late 40's.  Well she has a 2nd house Pluto in Virgo (Key to this also-frog in well).  NN in Virgo in the 3rd.... 3 planets Mars-Saturn-Venus in Cap in the 6th house.. not one astrologer ever talked to her about VIRGO!-She had no idea Virgo was a big part of her chart. People just said to her that she was going to have to work very hard all her life...  She was confused and a bit skeptial about all of it.  I had to spend so much of our reading trying to have her open up to this system.. But as shown by her PPP in Pisces in the 8th and her NN in Virgo in the 3rd, expanding her ideas and consciousness in this life is a big part of her evolution.  As it not just astrologers who have to relearn, clients go thought that process too.  Its good to think about what it is you as a EA practitioner would say to them...

blessings,

pam

Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 08:34 AM »

HI Pam,

That is such an excellent point to point out ........... thanks for doing so.

Rad
Bradley J
Very Active Member

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 05:54 PM »

Pam,
Yes, second that; great point.
Thanks for sharing.

Bradley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video