Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: idea for practice thread  (Read 25713 times)
Elen
Most Active Member

« on: May 13, 2010, 07:40 AM »

Hi Everyone,
I had an idea for a practice thread & was hoping those of you who have been practicing EA for awhile might be open to it.  For me it would be a complement to the practice charts thread (which is invaluable - thank you Rad).  In that thread, we are given the evolutionary stages.  My idea is to have someone (or a # of people) present as people in the various stages and then those interested in participating take a stab at identifying.  For me this would be an extremely helpful exercise.  I don.t have a practice and while I do consider the stages now with regard to my friends & acquaintances,  for me this practice idea, and the guidance & insight it would engender from those more experienced, would help me become more adept at identifying the subtleties.  Also, in terms of a practice down the road, I would feel a greater sense of confidence with this exercise grounding me.  I hope some of you are game.  Thanks for considering my idea/request.

Ellen
PamS

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 08:16 AM »

Hi Ellen,

that sounds interesting to me, id be happy to participate!

pam
mountainheather

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 10:29 AM »

Hi all,
I am interested in this. I imagined  that the person being the mock client would describe themselves, biographically, from the subjective perspective.
Heather
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 12:05 PM »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks!  Heather, I think your idea is great and maybe the way to proceed.  The only limitation I see is that most people participating will most likely be late Individuated to 1st Spiritual, so we wouldn't get the range of stages, which I think is important...  I had in mind that those with extensive experience in EA would post mock intros of clients in different stages, then we'd guess.  But that avenue requires the support of those with experience.  Pam, I think of you as someone with experience and one of the one's who'd be posting descriptions.  Is this how you were thinking of your participation?  Or were you more interested in the guessing part?  Any other experienced EA astrologers interested in participating on the mock client end?

Ellen
Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 12:23 PM »

Hi Ellen

Just want to say that many of the Pluto School course homework charts are people in consensus states, and that is the reason it was done that way, to force people out of the box of looking at all charts through the lens of their own evolutionary stage.

Anyone can potentially put themselves into the mindset of a consensus person.  The narrative presented should proceed from that mind space.  Like an actress playing a character in a movie.

Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 01:06 PM »

OK, so I'm going to think of someone I know and try to describe "my" life from that perspective.  In Rad's email readings, he asks for a brief bio and then 5 questions.  Maybe that's a good structure for this.

bio: When I was a teenager I got a job at a clothing store.  I had a good time with my co-workers.  When they partied, I partied.  When they were upset about things, I was upset.  I think back on that and laugh.  When the war came along I enlisted.  After the war, I got a job at a grocery store.  I started out at the bottom and worked my way up.  I used to think my boss was a jerk, mostly because that's what everyone else thought.  But once I got to know him, I realized that wasn't true.  Changed my life.  My wife keeps me in line.  She gets me to church and to this day I go religiously.  You never know...

That's what I can come up with.  To be honest, I can't think of 5 questions I might ask from this perspective.

Let me know if this structure is useful/helpful/works...

Ellen
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 01:08 PM »

OK, so I'm going to think of someone I know and try to describe "my" life from that perspective.  In Rad's email readings, he asks for a brief bio and then 5 questions.  Maybe that's a good structure for this.

bio: When I was a teenager I got a job at a clothing store.  I had a good time with my co-workers.  When they partied, I partied.  When they were upset about things, I was upset.  I think back on that and laugh.  When the war came along I enlisted.  After the war, I got a job at a grocery store.  I started out at the bottom and worked my way up.  I used to think my boss was a jerk, mostly because that's what everyone else thought.  But once I got to know him, I realized that wasn't true.  Changed my life.  My wife keeps me in line.  She gets me to church and to this day I go religiously.  You never know...

That's what I can come up with.  To be honest, I can't think of 5 questions I might ask from this perspective.

Let me know if this structure is useful/helpful/works...

Ellen

In addition to the stage, what are some questions this person might ask an astrologer?
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 02:54 PM »

Hi Ellen,

I love the idea for this thread.

In answer to your first bio...

This individual would be in the first sub-division of the Consensus state and would be quite unlikely to seek out an astrologer as it would threaten his religious beliefs, and such an action would most probably attract ridicule or disapproval from his wife, family, church and community. He's a conformist, a follower, doesn't think for himself, and for security purposes follows the mainstream political parties and religions. He could have some curiosity about astrology though, and an opportunity to grow and evolve exists if he asks himself, "There must be more than this." His questions to an astrologer, if any, would probably take the form of debating his religious views -v- astrology - but I doubt whether he'd even go that far.

Can I make another suggestion for this thread?  How about we keep in mind REAL people whom we know (with or without charts), so that at least we are talking about a real person with real personality traits, and in addition to a short bio, we could add quotes and statements that the individual has made, that would give clues to their evolutionary condition.
Lucius

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 05:49 PM »

Linda - I second the idea of using real people.  Allows for nuance that actually exists in reality.  I enjoyed the Oprah discussion very much. 

Perhaps someone could submit someone they think would be helpful?  (maybe a moderator could do that?)
PamS

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 06:36 PM »

HI Yes,

I agree with Linda and Lucius, real people is the way to go...  Ellen you had suggested in the Ophra thread to ask about people whom we might all know of to ask about the stages, this is perfect...  I mean just dealing with the super famous might not be the most interesting so can we also use say avant guarde people who some of us might know of but their stage might be complex to disscern... could be interesting...

thanks for bringing this up...

pam
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 08:23 PM »

Hi All,
Just for the record. That actually WAS a real person. And I was being true to my experience of him without any intention whatsoever of being demeaning.  I changed some details, but essentially those were his words/ statements.  What was interesting was that I had a hard time going on with it, which I think is a reflection of the stage.

I agree, though, with everyone: better to use people we all know or can look up. How about starting with Sarah Palin?  I'd guess she's consensus and I'm interested in exploring that stage (others also, but right now esp consensus).  So how might she describe herself to Rad for a reading? And what ?`s might she ask?

Thanks, everyone,
Ellen
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 10:18 PM »

OK, so I,m having 2nd thoughts about using famous people.  Seems like it would drive the discussion in the wrong direction  - that we,d get away from presenting a bio/questions, which to me is really key.  I also really like the idea of this being driven by experiences with people we know, then the knowledge gained will be real, not based on speculation about someone that none of us has personally met.  Does this make sense?  As I said, my post was based on a real person that I know.  The charicature nature of it, which I did not try for, in itself seems educational to me - possibly part of the manifestation/presentation of 1st consensus. Linda, your response to me was extremely helpful & exactly the kind of learning I was hoping for.  So I'd like to ask if others would be willing to post bio,s of people they know and give that a try for awhile...? I,ll also try to think of other people.  I do find it challenging to do a bio. Perhaps a brief description of a particular set of life circumstances, then a bio...
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 10:25 PM »

within that context, the ?`s.  Again, it was enlightening for me to go thru that process - FEELING the energy, presenting it,  then having it identified.  EXACTLY whaat I was hoping for.....

Feedback welcome...
Ellen
mountainheather

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 11:13 PM »

Hi all
I liked the start and agree with Ellen abuot not doing famous
people to start.
I have several existing client stories I am surmising about
so I could take crack at it. 
Just a logistical note, I work full time and have 2 little kids
so my time between posts can vary from a few hours to
days. I hope that still works.  Let me know if you want me
to post the bio.
Fun! Heather
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 03:28 AM »

I was just thinking here...

... I was on facebook  a couple days before and the mother of a girl I went to cosmetology school with, popped in on a chat with me. This mother has never messaged me or connected with me on facebook before, so I knew she was in a very critical space and really looking for help. I never spoke much to mother before except when she stopped by my house to meet quickly with her daughter (who spent a little time, here and there, at my home --just doing each others hair and being together). I did befriend her daughter and have known her for about 5 years.  (Although I have not spent any time with her over the last year or so.) Anyhow, she popped in and said something like, "I am very concerned for my daughter, and she has spoken of you highly as someone that cares for her. Her behavior is erratic... she is in so much inner turmoil...she blames everyone else for her problems, she works for me at my restaurant and takes such advantage of me...she is late for work all the time, she is completely irresponsible, she is bitter to everyone, she is isolating herself and is not open to anything or anyone...she blames me for all her problems and she hates me,she does not think i love her or care for her, she is breaking my heart...etc. etc."  The mother basically came to me in desperation!... a call for help. I chatted with her a while --and to make a long story short, I did my best to direct her into letting go of the guilt she is carrying, if even for one split second!-- and I know she was brought to tears with me bc she told me "i am crying right now dhyana, thank u" --, and I assured her that I know,( as a mother myself), that she loved and cared enormously for her daughter and somewhere inside, so does the daughter! etc.

(And something important to note about the daughter, is that she has an addiction to prescription meds, the mother is aware of this too, but i do not feel the mother knows the extent of the addiction ( or maybe she just does not want to know) --that's another story --(ie. stole medications from my home, her grandfathers home, etc).

After the chat, I went and looked at the daughters chart that I had on file(bc the daughter was a little interested in me looking at her chart back about a year ago, but she never really followed through with me on that) just to see if anything popped out at me that would lend some insight into her daughter etc, that I could share with the mother. I really had/have no idea where this would lead, but it is the only thing I could do at the moment (look at the daughters chart). And I still have no idea how to go about supporting this mother, any further, with her request for my help, but I did tell her that I would get back to her after I pondered this.. to see if anything comes to me. I was thinking later that maybe I could get some support from my EA family here? -- simply bc of the urgency in which this mother reached out to me. And I was actually going to post this on a new topic to try to get some help in looking at her chart. But I knew, that I would first have to express to you all, what I felt her evolutionary stage was, in order for us to look further into her chart. And this is why I have not yet posted yet.
Then, lo and behold, Ellen starts this topic!  So naturally, I thought this was a great opportunity for me to get support in figuring out her evolutionary stage.

I do know the daughter fairly well. And my sense is that she is in individual state somewhere (sometimes i think it is 2nd bc she is kinda avant garde in many respects and she truly feels apart from society, friends and family, she is quite rebellious and seems to feel VERY isolated...etc.) but I really do not know for sure.

Do you think that we could start with this girl (the daughter)?  Or maybe even the mother? ---except, I do not know the mother's bio as much as I know the daughters , but I am sure the mother would tell me. To respect their privacy I will give them fictitious names - I will name the daughter "Ashley" -- and I willl name her mother "Donna".

Is this a possibility?

Thanks for any consideration.

Dhyana
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 12:44 PM by Dhyana » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: