School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

South Node Correlations

Started by jamo, Mar 27, 2009, 06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamo

I have been reading the Old Message Board posts from 2000-2003 and they spur a lot of reflection.
I highly recommend reading them.
In one post Jeffrey correlates the north node in this life with the sun in the next life. For example, if I have NN in Gemini my sun will be in Gemini in the next incarnation.

My question is does the south node correlate to something specifically from the past incarnation? My guess would be the actual moon sign but I have no idea if that is correct. Anyone who has this information according to the EA paradigm, I would greatly appreciate knowing.

Thanks.

yarrow8

Hi Jamo,

I remember that conversation from the old EA boards...I think someone asked him right after that if the Lunar South Node was correlative to the sun sign of the last life and he didn't answer. To me, it being correlative to the last life sun sign makes sense since the Lunar North Node correlates to the Sun Sign in the next life and the Lunar Nodes are exactly opposite one another. This leads me to think that the last life sun sign is the Lunar South Node.

Peace,
Yarrow

Steve

Hi

QuoteMy question is does the south node correlate to something specifically from the past incarnation?

Yes.  Pluto, by house and sign, correlates to the Soul's desire nature.  The South Node correlates to our past life habitual emotional patterns, created relative to the Soul's desire nature, brought into the present life.  These reflect our past choices.  Because of habit, fear, resistance, etc. we tend to repeat and repeat the same old choices.

The evolutionary intent is to change, to deepen, the Soul's desire nature.  After repeated disappointments, disillusions, trauma, etc eventually a Soul/Ego starts accepting that what it thought it knew no longer works, is no longer enough, and starts embracing the need to change, that is, the need to make different choices.  Typically they don't know how to make any other choices.  Most of us equate what I know with who I am.  Thus a larger sense of who I am is being called for.

That is why the North Node is as far (180 degrees) away from the South Node (the past, the known) as it can possibly be.  In other words, evolving requires making choices that embrace stepping into an unknown, the exact opposite of what is known.   What is known is what causes us to feel safe, secure, etc. even if what is known is dysfunctional.  In stepping into an unknown, unconscious fears and insecurities arise, relative to past forgotten memories, which explains why moving into the unknown is so difficult at times for most of us. 

In terms of the next life Sun being the sign of the present life North Node, I believe it was stated that is often the case, but not always.

Why Sun as past life North Node sign?  The North Node is future of our Moon, our personality, our sense of self.  The Sun symbolizes actualization.  This life's North Node, the evolutionary potentials, the direction to move in to break the hold of the past, would find expression in the next life as Sun, the intent being to directly actualize (Sun) those potentials, as life purpose (Sun).  Thus the intention to turn potential into reality.

ari moshe

so i suppose if the sun is conj the nn, there has been and will continue to be a very strong evolution via hat position.

how does that effect interpreting pluto and polarity point? is there a need to re- focus on integrating the south node, or dose this generally imply a healthy south node north node balance?

Lia

Hi Jamo,

so i suppose if the sun is conj the nn, there has been and will continue to be a very strong evolution via hat position.

Yes, that's correct. When any planet conj. the n.node the evolutionary intent symbolised by the n.node will become more conscious than it otherwise would be. If the conj. would take place via any other planet we could safely say that the some particular lessons regarding the n.node has already been worked on prior to the current life. With the sun, this isn't necessarily the case regarding past lives as the sun is the current life's integration point. But it definitely symbolises the soul's intention to rapidly move "forward" in evolutionary terms, i.e. moving forward to the future symbolised by the n.node and this movement starts from birth onward.  The life purpose is directly connected to all the lessons that the n.node symbolises.

how does that effect interpreting pluto and polarity point? is there a need to re- focus on integrating the south node, or dose this generally imply a healthy south node north node balance?

In itself this does not affect interpreting pluto and it's polarity point nor does it affect interpreting the south node. The sun being on the n.node will emphasise the need of moving away from the south node.

Hope this helps?

ari moshe

Thanks lia,

The sun being on the n.node will emphasise the need of moving away from the south node.

here's an interested chart example of a friend of mine, id love some insight on. i feel she's first/second state spiritual. she's a spiritual counselor/intuitive- currently she's working on writing a book and setting up an intuitive arts healing expo in my town. its hard for me to gage objectively how to accurately intererpt her nodes, especially given the sun as ruler of sn!

and while we're at it. just on the general topic of planets on nn- this is another friend of mine. third state individuated. succesful business woman. currently back in school- getting a business degree so she can do lots of traveling and help bring more financial structure and support to poor communities around the world. she's very artistic, and of course very skilful in orderliness and fine detail. she was very popular in high school as a very good actor who starred in many films. she was valedictorian- very diligant and studious worker. she majored in law and philosophy and worked 5 years for a big financial investment corporation.

socially, knowing her as a child- she would do anything to fit in with the group. social acceptance was very important to her. her ethnicity is different than the friends she grew up with- and she just adopted to the lifestyle of her friends and completley became one of them in way of talking, dress etc. that seems like a very pisces 11th house kind of deal.

she does have very strong dissociative patterns of being very "go with the flowish" and non expressive. its ambiguous to me who her friends are, where her community is. it seems to me like she needs to learn a healthy expression of her sn, not just move away from it. again, its hard for me to get a sense of how to interpret this chart accurately.

Deva

Hi Ari, thanks for posting the chart! This is a great way to help others learn on this forum. I wanted to say that it is always important to look at the chart in a holestic way (not just isolated symbols).The question of a planet conjunct the NN is a good one to address. In this case the planetary ruler of the South Node (Leo) is the Sun conjunct the NN. This indiciates that the core lessons of creative actualization (Pluto in the 5th house as well) independant from the majority (Aquarius North Node) of the group is a critical one that has been worked on prior to the current life (Sun conjunct the NN), and that by continuing to do this points or areas of stagnation of the past will be overcome. Realtive to a 5th house Pluto in Libra, and the South Node in Libra, there will be a need to be concidered special or aknowledged externally in some way. This will be a "stumbling block" in the context of the need to liberate (North Node in aqaurius conjunct the Sun) from this pattern and validate herself in this way so there will no longer be a depedancy upon the peer group for this validation. This is re-stated by planetary ruler of the NN being Uranus in Libra in the 5th house opposing Mars in Aries in the 11th house (the need to break from free from compensation/conformity to the peer group and be a group of one if necccessary). The need to be needed must also be liberated from in order to accomplish this evolutionary goal. The South Node in Leo will then manifest in a transformed manner as a inner self-confidence that does not need external vliadation, and can creatively actualize the  life's purpose in such a way that the true individuality can shine, and be fully developed. This orientation will then attract the right group! (north Node in Aqaurius conjunct the Sun in the 9th house). Hope this helps.
Deva

Lia

Hi Ari and Deva,

Thanks Deva for your input, really valuable and right on analysis! Yes you are right,
it is always vital to look at the whole chart not just one or two symbols this can't be emphasized enough; thank you for making the point.
I'd like to add just a few thoughts: when the s.node's ruler is conj. the n.node there is a unique evolutionary condition: the past in some ways needs to be "redone" but in a new, different way. In this case the particulars of the "how to" are brilliantly summarized by Deva above.

In simple terms, moving away from the s.node would mean instead of applying the aquarian sun's capacity within a leonic reality (approval hungry etc.) gaining the courage to apply oneself in a truly aquarian way -as Deva said, standing alone as a group if necessary-. to fully actualize the inherent individuality of the soul.

Blessings,
Lia

Deva

Hi Lia, thanks for your input as well! Great to have you on the message board (I always learn something new from what you write).
Deva

ari moshe

thank you deva and lia,

so it seems that planetary ruler of sn, the sun, conjunct the nn does not inherently imply that the individuation of aquarius has already taken place. it only implies that integration has been in process and that this life is highly focused on it.

to exemplify something you said deva- when saturn was in cancer squaring her uranus mars- she left her abusive husband. leaving was against the will of all her friends. they tried to force her to stay and even had an "intervention" bc they believed the marriage was best for her. she literally had to walk alone and sabatoged her popularity and friendships.

currently, with all this transiting aquarius energy- she's finally connecting to community bc she's finally being who she is. now i understnad why this has taken her so long- i couldn't understand why she would have so much resistance to her aquarius nn until now. it make me think of the nn more truly as a destiny calling that we choose/or not to listen to.

Lia

Hi Ari and Deva,

Thank you Deva for your kind words! As far as learning new things, I am sure not just me but we ALL are learning HEAPS from you and Rad. I can't say enough how grateful I am to you both for this new public MB. It is a blessing to see EA renewed. God/ess bless!

Ari,

so it seems that planetary ruler of sn, the sun, conjunct the nn does not inherently imply that the individuation of aquarius has already taken place. it only implies that integration has been in process and that this life is highly focused on it.

Well, I would say the soul's inner individuation has been prepared for many lives now inwardly (9th house) but integration of that inward reality (who the soul actually and naturally is) hasn't taken place, this hasn't been integrated into the overall outward reality.

So that's the life purpose to accomplish in this very life; to integrate her inherent individual self (aq. + 9th house!) into her overall life style that would reflect who she actually is - and stop living a lie outwardly....

That's why relationships and circumstances (the whole lot of the immediate environment, peer pressure, family, friends etc. etc.) had to be repeated (meaning it has all been set up almost exactly as it was in the most recent past lives) and the task was/is to MAKE DIFFERENT CHOICES within the same kind of circumstances. That's what leads to liberation in her case (aq.) and that's what leads to the intended future (n.node)

Your words describing what happened in her life perfectly reflecting this process. And yes, you are absolutely right: it is a choice at the end (pluto!) we either make the right choice or we don't...that will then create its own karma and accordingly will be reflected in the overall reality of the soul....and in the chart of the next life.......

It appears that your friend was able to make the right choices what the soul intended...so to liberate from the bondages of the past and arrive to a totally different reality where she can be who she really is - and eventually she'll be backed up by a truly like minded community.....

As to the resistance: yes we all have incredible resistance we all have our own plutonian fears, insecurities etc. :)..... and these emanate from the depth of our emotional being mostly unconsciously......therefore it is extremely hard for us all to overcome this resistance for it threatens what we know, what symbolises "security" for us........Well, our own lessons are the hardest for each one of us ...it is uniquely "designed" this way ::) ;D

So, while it is maybe easy to see someone else's lessons and unconscious insecurity-based resistance, I think if we remember the above, (i.e. we operate the same way relative to our own unique lessons and our own resistance to them) it helps us to develop a deeper understanding of the overall human condition and compassion for all others....

Like as you said; you now understand better why it has taken so much time for your friend to arrive where she is...that's reflecting your own compassion and deepening understanding of the conditions and issues her evolutionary lessons involve...

Blessings,

Lia

ari moshe

and the task was/is to MAKE DIFFERENT CHOICES within the same kind of circumstances.
that makes so much sense, i love how clearly you explained that.

As far as learning new things, I am sure not just me but we ALL are learning HEAPS from you and Rad. I can't say enough how grateful I am to you both for this new public MB. It is a blessing to see EA renewed. God/ess bless!

YES YES YES- i am learning so much! so much love to all of you who are sharing thier wisdom/understanding.