Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Planets sq the nodes  (Read 2800 times)
Heidi

« on: Jun 23, 2010, 03:49 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some insight regarding planets (other than Pluto) squaring the nodes. In his Pluto book, Jeffrey mentions that if a planet squares the nodes then that planet has had a significant impact on the nodal development in past lives. However, he doesn't mention that there are skipped steps with the nodes. So if I understand this correctly, skipped steps only occur when Pluto is sq the nodes?

Any thoughts will be most appreciated  Smiley
jana

« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2010, 04:03 PM »

Welcome Heidi!

I did a search using the search tab above and got some threads dealing w/skipped steps.   Cheesy.

http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,40.0.html

http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,85.0.html
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2010, 04:20 PM by jana » Logged
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Jun 23, 2010, 04:38 PM »

Welcome here Heidi!

I can add, as I understand it- that any planet or asteroid (ie JWG's Lucifer) squaring the node correlates to a skipped step. This is to the exclusion of the Sun and the 4 angles. This is because the Sun correlates to the current life's purpose, and thus serves as the integrative force of the entire chart. It implies the potential for a skipped step if that purpose isn't actualized.

When it comes to the 4 angles- they do not correlate to skipped steps, however they can in a future life as well if those energies aren't integrated. The 4 angels are entirely specific to the current life- consider that the 4 angels themself are entirely earth specific- they are intesections between the ecliptic and the earth's plane.

Here's my question:
In both cases- to have the Sun squaring the nodes, or the 4 angels- obviously it implies a prior life situation that lead to have those squares. And so that's one thing I still dont' undersatnd. What is the practical difference between calling it a skipped step or not? If the Sun is squaring the nodes, doesn't that mean there was a lack of actualization prior to this life? Or is that specifically not the case- and this is an entirely new thing? It still doesn't fully make sense to me.
Ari Moshe
Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Jun 23, 2010, 04:56 PM »

Hi Heidi

I'm looking for some insight regarding planets (other than Pluto) squaring the nodes. In his Pluto book, Jeffrey mentions that if a planet squares the nodes then that planet has had a significant impact on the nodal development in past lives. However, he doesn't mention that there are skipped steps with the nodes. So if I understand this correctly, skipped steps only occur when Pluto is sq the nodes?

Any planet squaring the nodes is a skipped step.  The gist of it is, the person has been flip-flopping back and forth between the south node and the north node in the areas of life symbolized by the planet squaring the nodes, its house and sign, and aspects it makes to other planets. 

Its not so much that the planet's had significant impact on past life nodal development as there are life lessons that have not been completed that must be worked on in the present life for evolution to proceed.  The squaring of the nodes indicates that the evolutionary intentions have been worked on in the past - the north node's been partially developed.  But there is more work that needs to be done.  This is where the principle of the resolution node comes in, the node (north or south) that needs to be developed to release the skipped step.

As Jana pointed out, there's been a lot of in-depth discussion of skipped steps on this board.  You may find some useful information in the posts she linked to as well as others.
hope this is helpful
Steve

Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2010, 11:51 AM »

Ari,

"What is the practical difference between calling it a skipped step or not? If the Sun is squaring the nodes, doesn't that mean there was a lack of actualization prior to this life? Or is that specifically not the case- and this is an entirely new thing? It still doesn't fully make sense to me."

This was fully covered Ari when Upasika had a client with the Sun square her Nodes. Very simply, and again, it means that there have been certain dynamics equaling circumstances in the Soul's prior lives that have not been successfully dealt with, and are now coming to a head in order to do so. If the Soul makes current life choices, the Sun square the Nodes, that do not allow for those past life dynamics to be dealt with then it will then lead to skipped steps in the next life, and beyond, until they are successfully dealt with and resolved. In essence, the Soul will be creating those skipped step in the current life that will then be carried forwards.

Rad
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2010, 03:10 PM »

hi rad, all,

...so it (sun sq. nodes) is kind of like the beginning stages of a possible skipped step?

further, could it be said then that our skipped steps arose from not making the correct choices when they were initially just the sun square the nodes?

just checking to be sure i am understanding this correctly and not making assumptions.

thanks
dhyana
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2010, 03:13 PM by Dhyana » Logged
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #6 on: Jun 24, 2010, 04:45 PM »

This was fully covered Ari when Upasika had a client with the Sun square her Nodes. Very simply, and again, it means that there have been certain dynamics equaling circumstances in the Soul's prior lives that have not been successfully dealt with, and are now coming to a head in order to do so. If the Soul makes current life choices, the Sun square the Nodes, that do not allow for those past life dynamics to be dealt with then it will then lead to skipped steps in the next life, and beyond, until they are successfully dealt with and resolved. In essence, the Soul will be creating those skipped step in the current life that will then be carried forwards.

Thank you Rad. I apologize for not making the effort to review first and contemplate what had already been said... there is no reason why I could not have done that.

With Love,
Ari Moshe
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 2010, 05:19 PM »

Dhyana,

hi rad, all,

"...so it (sun sq. nodes) is kind of like the beginning stages of a possible skipped step? "

Depending on the choices, yes.

"further, could it be said then that our skipped steps arose from not making the correct choices when they were initially just the sun square the nodes?"

The Sun square the Nodes correlates to what has been written about it already: the reason and intention for this symbol. So when the Soul makes choices to not deal with the accumulated issues/ dynamics from prior lives that is intended to do so, then this will lead to skipped steps in the current life that will then be symbolized again in the next life, and the next, etc until the Soul does make those choices to do so.

thanks
dhyana

Rad
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 2010, 06:57 PM »

hi again rad

i just want to ask this question in another way to be sure what i am asking is heard;

can ALL skipped steps (other planets) be traced back to a 'sun square the nodes' in some far distant past, WAY WAY back in other past lives, intially starting with a Sun sqaure nodes?... is that the origin of  ALL skipped steps involving other planets, astrologically speaking?

thanks
dhyana
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2010, 07:15 PM by Dhyana » Logged
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #9 on: Jun 24, 2010, 10:11 PM »

hi again rad

i just want to ask this question in another way to be sure what i am asking is heard;

can ALL skipped steps (other planets) be traced back to a 'sun square the nodes' in some far distant past, WAY WAY back in other past lives, intially starting with a Sun sqaure nodes?... is that the origin of  ALL skipped steps involving other planets, astrologically speaking?

thanks
dhyana

Hi Rad, Dhyana, All,

Ditto on this question for me.  Also, could it be said that, with the Sun square the nodes, POTENTIAL areas with regard to skipped steps are being highlighted.  Then, from there, could it be said that when the Sun is sqaure the nodes, it is akin to a a moment just prior to the final straw being added.  Depending on the decisions made, the last straw can happen, toppling things, thus resulting in skipped steps in the next incarnation.  Or, the whole "disaster" can be averted, again, depending on the decisions made.

Thanks for your attention and patience!

Peace,
Ellen
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #10 on: Jun 25, 2010, 10:05 AM »

Hi Dhyana,

No ..............

Rad
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #11 on: Jun 25, 2010, 10:21 AM »

Hi Ellen,

Welcome back. Sure hope your move is working out for you.

"Ditto on this question for me.  Also, could it be said that, with the Sun square the nodes, POTENTIAL areas with regard to skipped steps are being highlighted. "

No. The Sun square the Nodes means that, again, dynamics equaling circumstances HAS ALREADY OCCURRED THAT HAVE NOT BEEN DEALT WITH SUCCESSFULLY. And, unless they are dealt with successfully IN THE CURRENT LIFE it will cause skipped steps not only in the current life, but the ones to come until they are.

"Then, from there, could it be said that when the Sun is sqaure the nodes, it is akin to a a moment just prior to the final straw being added.  Depending on the decisions made, the last straw can happen, toppling things, thus resulting in skipped steps in the next incarnation.  Or, the whole "disaster" can be averted, again, depending on the decisions made."

That final straw would occur in the current life that would result in skipped steps not only in the current life, but those to come until these dynamics equaling skipped steps is resolved. On the other hand, again, if the Soul chooses to make the choices to deal with those pre-existing issues in the current life that 'final straw' will allow for a resolution of those issues and, thus, no skipped steps: relative to those issues.

Rad
Heidi

« Reply #12 on: Jun 25, 2010, 11:06 AM »

Thanks everyone! That definitely helps clear my confusion.  Smiley
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #13 on: Jun 25, 2010, 08:54 PM »

Hi Rad,

Thanks for clearing that up!
D.
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #14 on: Jun 29, 2010, 05:44 PM »

Hi Rad,

Thank you so much for welcoming me back and for wishing me well with my move.  Things are going well.  Thanks also for your responses to my questions.  I so appreciate them.

Peace and wishing you well,
Ellen

Hi Ellen,

Welcome back. Sure hope your move is working out for you.

"Ditto on this question for me.  Also, could it be said that, with the Sun square the nodes, POTENTIAL areas with regard to skipped steps are being highlighted. "

No. The Sun square the Nodes means that, again, dynamics equaling circumstances HAS ALREADY OCCURRED THAT HAVE NOT BEEN DEALT WITH SUCCESSFULLY. And, unless they are dealt with successfully IN THE CURRENT LIFE it will cause skipped steps not only in the current life, but the ones to come until they are.

"Then, from there, could it be said that when the Sun is sqaure the nodes, it is akin to a a moment just prior to the final straw being added.  Depending on the decisions made, the last straw can happen, toppling things, thus resulting in skipped steps in the next incarnation.  Or, the whole "disaster" can be averted, again, depending on the decisions made."

That final straw would occur in the current life that would result in skipped steps not only in the current life, but those to come until these dynamics equaling skipped steps is resolved. On the other hand, again, if the Soul chooses to make the choices to deal with those pre-existing issues in the current life that 'final straw' will allow for a resolution of those issues and, thus, no skipped steps: relative to those issues.

Rad
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video